Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari (18495 Views)

Another Court Restrains Rivers Assembly, Others From Impeaching Fubara / Ike Ekweremadu's Son, Lloyd Weds Tiffany, Peter Obi, Saraki, Others Attend / Saraki Repeated Atiku’s Mistake, Regrets Not Impeaching Buhari – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by adenigga(m): 5:32am On Nov 19, 2022
The Deputy Senate President, Ovie Omo-Agege, has revealed how he stopped the 8th Senate led by Bukola Saraki from impeaching President Muhammadu Buhari, saying he does not regret his actions.
Naija News reports that Omo-Agege, who is now the Deputy Senate President, stated this on Thursday during his campaign in Asaba, Delta State.

On April 18, 2018, armed thugs stormed the Senate to allegedly reinstate the then-suspended senator, Ovie Omo-Agege. They overpowered the security men and forcibly took away the mace around 11:30 a.m.

The mace is the symbol of authority of the legislature, without which the Senate cannot commence a legislative session.

The invaders, numbering 12, came in three Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs), which were parked in front of the National Assembly building that houses the two chambers.

On Thursday, Omo-Agege, the All Progressives Congress Delta State governorship candidate, said he never regretted thwarting the plan of Saraki and others.

He said, “I will never regret my action to shut down the 8th Senate to stop the impeachment of President Buhari.

“Then, I was the de facto chairman of the Electoral Act, and after concluding our report, Saraki and his cohorts decided to change what we passed and sent to the House of Representatives for concurrent consideration just because they wanted to impeach President Buhari.

“So, I protested and stopped them, and the Saraki group said they had suspended me. According to my understanding of the law, they do not have the authority to suspend me.

“Our group called the parliamentary group for support of Buhari in the Senate, then made efforts to stop them, and I showed up unexpectedly and shut down the sitting to stop the impeachment of President Buhari. I’m not regretting the role I played.”

On the governance of the state, Omo-Agege said, “If you make an objective assessment of every village, town, city, and local government area in Delta State, including the riverine areas, you will come to the sad conclusion that the state is lagging behind in every index of socio-economic development and economic prosperity.

“Ifeanyi Okowa’s government alone has swallowed up well over N2.8trn in seven years.

“There is poverty and profound infrastructural dilapidation from Asaba to Warri and environs, Ughelli to Udu, Sapele to Effurun, Koko to Oghara, Agbor to Ukwani, Ndokwa to Abraka, and other areas of the state.”
Source: https:///How-I-Stopped-Saraki-Others-From-Impeaching-Buhari

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by Moferere: 5:34am On Nov 19, 2022
And that is enough reason to steal the mace? undecided

153 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by FIRDAUS3(m): 5:36am On Nov 19, 2022
Ifeanyi Okowa’s government alone has swallowed up well over N2.8trn in seven years.

This Country is super Rich,
But endowed with super greediness people.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by MMWandali: 5:38am On Nov 19, 2022
And now he wants Delta people to clap for him

The Senate Mace got missing

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by JASONjnr(m): 5:41am On Nov 19, 2022
Imagine the audacity.....

So he's the reason why we're in this mess today....

Behold Nigerians, this man here is the reason why you're suffering and why there is hardship in the country.

If he comes out to contests for any position, remind him of his actions that placed us all in this condition...

174 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by owiko(m): 5:44am On Nov 19, 2022
So you were instrumental in ensuring that this calamity of a government continued? This mace snatcher no get good heart walahi

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by Peterobiisathie(f): 5:45am On Nov 19, 2022
IPOB terrorists wished Jubrin Elsudani dead but Python dance sent many of them to their early grave

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by Authoreety: 5:46am On Nov 19, 2022
Imagine the audacity of this hoodlum...

Come and be Governor make we see...

Useless urchin...

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by Sonnobax15(m): 5:46am On Nov 19, 2022
grin
The jagaban of my beloved urhobo nation cool

The same way you're about to wipe PDP out of our beloved Delta state once and for all.......

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by stano2(m): 5:47am On Nov 19, 2022
Are you not high?
What good did you do.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by Naturalgbola(m): 5:47am On Nov 19, 2022
alright
Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by blackpanda: 5:47am On Nov 19, 2022
JASONjnr:
Imagine the audacity.....

So he's the reason why we're in this mess today....

Behold Nigerians, this man here is the reason why you're suffering and why there is hardship in the country.

If he comes out to contests for any position, remind him of his actions that placed us all in this condition...

You are in this mess because u refused to change your ways as a people, you only want your politicians to change. Average Nigerian is naturally corrupt, greedy and unpatriotic. You only know how to complain

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by Login12: 5:48am On Nov 19, 2022
This man will milk Delta dry with his thugs.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:48am On Nov 19, 2022
angry angry So this is the demon that kept Nigeria suffering under the Lifeless vegetable,Buhari.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by Rikze: 5:49am On Nov 19, 2022
So we should clap for you?

When Nigeria's would have been solved by half if he was impeached...

Omoagege, you are part of the problems of the country in the last seven and half years.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by NotKnown: 5:50am On Nov 19, 2022
You really did a disservice to Nigeria Mr agege bread

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by adecz: 5:53am On Nov 19, 2022
Mumu

So, we can see why we have a
rubber Stamp Senate. Lawan and
this Agege man hero worship Buhari,
and feel no responsibility to the
Nation and its citizens. ☹️

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by BluntCrazeMan: 5:56am On Nov 19, 2022
Late and Stale.

Your story is no more necessary for now

1 Like

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by JASONjnr(m): 6:00am On Nov 19, 2022
blackpanda:

You are in this mess because u refused to change your ways as a people, you only want your politicians to change. Average Nigerian is naturally corrupt, greedy and unpatriotic. You only know how to complain

This is nonsense,

If you're naturally corrupt, greedy and unpatriotic, then speak for yourself....

I only complain because I want this country to work. And if this is the only way to loud my intentions then I will keep doing it.

You only complain about people seeking for a better country and not allow them seek for what they want...You do everything to destroy people working hard to have things turn around.

Do you know the cost of goods and service is increasing everyday? While salary is nothing to write about? Side hustling doesn't work with people who work overtime but receive peanuts...

You thing everyone should just be silence and have the government run this country as they like?

12 Likes

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by BabaCommander: 6:00am On Nov 19, 2022
Don't worry, you are becoming an IDP in a few months time.

6 Likes

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by Musty112: 6:02am On Nov 19, 2022
Y'all are politicians

1 Like

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by nedekid: 6:05am On Nov 19, 2022
Well done omo Agege for imposing poverty, insecurity, banditry, Fulani heardsmen, hunger, destruction of the economy etc on Nigerians.
Meanwhile how come wike is commissioning every day, while okowa isn't doing the same thing despite my state delta being a rich state?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by CheapHomes1: 6:08am On Nov 19, 2022
blackpanda:

How does that negate what he said?

4 Likes

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by AerialMapper: 6:10am On Nov 19, 2022
Man should have been impeached in 2016

1 Like

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by AfonjaConehead: 6:12am On Nov 19, 2022
This one and ameaxhi are one and the same,buffoons and bloated things

2 Likes

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by Mrkumareze(m): 6:12am On Nov 19, 2022
Now I know omo Agege is the cause of our problem. You stopped the only chance we had for a better Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by Soulsymbol99: 6:13am On Nov 19, 2022
Saying this wit the pains Nigerians hv gone through, this man hv lost his election

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by Ekejoestar(m): 6:14am On Nov 19, 2022
One man called Nigeria a jungle but I honestly believe that Nigeria doesn't qualify that magnified position but rather an evil forest where everything goes.

Imagine the audacity and barefaced challenge that this man is throwing to Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by chichar1(f): 6:19am On Nov 19, 2022
Peterobiisathie:
IPOB terrorists wished Jubrin Elsudani dead
Python dance sent many of them to their early grave
BIGGEST LIES
Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by waldigit: 6:20am On Nov 19, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https:///How-I-Stopped-Saraki-Others-From-Impeaching-Buhari
So you are expecting National Award for that. I don't blame people like this dude, when they don't have quality people around them to give them a befitting "brain reset". Like senator, like constituents.

3 Likes

Re: Ovie Omo-Agege: How I Stopped Saraki, Others From Impeaching Buhari by bablon20(m): 6:21am On Nov 19, 2022
Clout chaser. Impeachment dey work for Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Joseph Yobo Sponsored Rice Distributed In Abuja (photos) / Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) / Anambra Election: Some Collation Officers Not Good At Mathematics - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.