Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole (13718 Views)

Labour Strike Not In Nigerians’ Interest, Says Oshiomhole / I Didn’t Meet Tinubu In London, Says Oshiomhole / Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by Majesty2(m): 5:44am On Nov 19, 2022

Adams Oshiomhole, former governor of Edo, says the five governors at the centre of the crisis in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will be an advantage for the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2023 elections.

Dubbed as G5, the five governors — Nyesom Wike of Rivers, Seyi Makinde of Oyo, Samuel Ortom of Benue, Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia, and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu — are among the stakeholders calling for the resignation of Iyorchia Ayu as the party’s chairman.

The call is said to be on the grounds that the party’s presidential candidate and national chairman cannot be from the same region.

Speaking on Friday after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja, Oshiomhole, former APC national chairman, said his party is on course to win in the forthcoming elections.

He criticised Atiku Abubakar, the PDP presidential candidate, for not supporting a southern candidate, as well as the latter’s recent comments on the preference for a northern candidate.

“You now have the G-5 governors who said the understanding we reached in Asaba, voluntarily, both by PDP and APC governors, they stand by that agreement,” he said.

“[They said] that leaders must have character, and that if you are not yet president and you are not obeying agreement, and Nigerians are talking of national unity, you disobeyed the provision of your party constitution, which talks about rotation in order to service that unity, and you can go to some parts of the country and say ‘don’t vote for Igbo, don’t vote for Yoruba’.

“Those are very damaging statements. It would have been better if you said ‘don’t vote for this person, Obi; don’t vote for Tinubu’. That is fine. You talk to their persons. But when you talk about race — don’t vote for Igbo man — so, if he’s Igbo, no matter how good, he’s a bad man in his eyes; if he’s Yoruba, no matter how good, he’s a bad man in his eyes — at a time when we need national unity.

“If you ask me how we are doing, we are doing very well. Whereas the other is now battling with five governors that backed out and you find out how many governors they have, we have 23.

“Now, if you add 23 to five — I’m not saying the five are with us, but we have 23 with five — I guess that’s 28. If you subtract 28 from 36, it means only eight governors, in fact, seven, because the other one in APGA is not there.

“So, while he has seven governors working for him, we have 23 working for us and we have five who are neutral. You know when you are voting, when I was in ILO, you vote for, against, or abstain. Abstinence is as good as voting against.

“So, however you look at it, our campaign is going smoothly and the message is very clear. It’s very clear, it cannot be better. You saw us yesterday in Owerri. For me, that was perhaps one of the best outings we’ve had.

“You listened to our candidate. You listened to those who spoke in Owerri. Some of them offered to contribute towards the campaign because their concerns have been addressed by the APC candidate.

“Election is about interest — whoever will address your interests — not religious sentiment, not ethnic sentiment, because hunger doesn’t they have a religious affiliation. Unemployment, does it have a religious affiliation? Whoever will address your concerns, if you are a trader, whoever would make sure that the port’s work more efficiently, that is the kind of person you want.

“Government is about providing those assets. We must talk about enabling the environment and our candidate has laid out how he will do it.”

https://www.thecable.ng/pdp-crisis-five-neutral-governors-is-plus-for-apc-says-oshiomhole/

38 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by nyiamfrank: 5:45am On Nov 19, 2022
They are Obidients not neutral

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by PrinceOfLagos: 5:52am On Nov 19, 2022
Keep fooling yourself short man devil

Oshiomhole that has lost relevance in Edo state is talking

Oshiomhole that an ordinary ward chairman finished his political career is talking , I laugh o grin

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by NotKnown: 5:53am On Nov 19, 2022
Story.

How can 5 neutral governors be plus fo dead and rotten APC?

Wike who's their leader just codedly threw his support behind LP. These guys una too like to de dream, or probably you ppl just intentionally want to deceive BATman

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by P1PrinceKT(m): 5:54am On Nov 19, 2022
Atiku is next president.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by ButterBerry: 5:55am On Nov 19, 2022
Am from Delta and Obi is choice of every South South. Bulaba can't Rule.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by BluntCrazeMan: 5:56am On Nov 19, 2022
In Oshiomhole’s best interest,,
He should stay quiet for now

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by Lionstep: 5:56am On Nov 19, 2022
Seun medy abi nah mad man as a mod is very bad for this forum........a word is enough I'm not afraid of getting ban, This is not my first moniker I have been on nairaland since 2005

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by BabaCommander: 5:56am On Nov 19, 2022
Someone should tell Tinubu to see me beore the election.
It's for his own interest.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by Dannyset(m): 5:57am On Nov 19, 2022
grin

Very right

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by Lionize: 5:57am On Nov 19, 2022
Na the masses dey vote o, the governor cannot bribe everybody in the state. All you evil politicians will fail this time.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by Creamypie(m): 5:58am On Nov 19, 2022
South and east are no go area for APC. We don't sell our conscience for porridge. We are independent minded. APC no go get 5% votes. Na only APC secretariat members, not even their wives and kids go vote apc. They were even fortunate to get 48k votes in delta in 2019 as against 1.280 million for useless PDP. This time eh na 15k votes or less, forget any rented crowd u will see in campaigns. To us, APC is malignant cancer.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by tunapawizzy: 5:58am On Nov 19, 2022
The way Atiku handled the request of the G5, it shows the man is inept politically..........

4 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by iammo(m): 6:01am On Nov 19, 2022
Everyone knows this

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by Btruth: 6:01am On Nov 19, 2022
We are following.......
Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by Ayomide002: 6:02am On Nov 19, 2022
PDP bleeped up in this regard

3 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by KingLennon(m): 6:04am On Nov 19, 2022
It's a straight win for Obi. We are tired of recycling old criminals...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by JASONjnr(m): 6:05am On Nov 19, 2022
Well.....

Tinubu and APC are daydreaming.....

The finest of them all will grace the thrown. Peter Adewale Hassan Obi.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by agbari1: 6:08am On Nov 19, 2022
Factually, Obi lacks the structure to win this presidential election. He Both Atiku and Obi fish in the same voters pond. They both belonged to PDP. Obi's vote will affect the votes of Atiku negatively. Under the strong structures of PDP and APC, labour party may not win any state for governor. I doubt whether the party will get any senatorial win. The aloofness of 5 PDP governors is an advantage to Tinubu APC and a negation to PDP Atiku.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by Arizon61: 6:08am On Nov 19, 2022
Let this election come and go I beg undecided

Please Hear THIS!!
I could remember sometime ago when I was unable to last long in bed whenever I have fun with ladies. This has affected my moral and ego as a man.

But on one faithful day, i decided to put an end to this low performance in bed. Before this time I had used some synthetic drug which I won't like to mention here due to company privacy. I do use it whenever I intend to have fun and it made me to adapt to an extent that if I didn't use it I won't be able to perform well. Until, I worked on some natural ingredients put together, try it and the results I got was amazing. I lasted more than time expected.

Be a machine man. Make her SCREAM at the top of her voice and SQUEEZE the bed POWERFULLY.
Make it Bigger, Thicker and Longer within 2 weeks assurance.
Free Delivery Nationwide.
Payment after Delivery.
Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by Ayomide002: 6:09am On Nov 19, 2022
Creamypie:
South and east are no go area for APC. We don't sell our conscience for porridge. We are independent minded. APC no go get 5% votes. Na only APC secretariat members, not even their wives and kids go vote apc. They were even fortunate to get 48k votes in delta on 2019 as against 1.280 million for useless PDP. This time eh na 15k votes or less, forget any rented crowd u will see in campaigns.
Where you see the 48k vote? It was about 220k each for gubernatorial and presidential

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by Authoreety: 6:11am On Nov 19, 2022
Oshiomole

If this man never get sense at this time, I wonder when he will..
Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by Peterobiisathie(f): 6:12am On Nov 19, 2022
They should not stay neutral but to support Mazi Tinubu

30 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by ZombieSlayer1: 6:13am On Nov 19, 2022
Peter Obi has several times said there are several governors supporting him but they can't come out in the open because they're in the opposition

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by mach7(m): 6:13am On Nov 19, 2022
Creamypie:
South and east are no go area for APC. We don't sell our conscience for porridge. We are independent minded. APC no go get 5% votes. Na only APC secretariat members, not even their wives and kids go vote apc. They were even fortunate to get 48k votes in delta on 2019 as against 1.280 million for useless PDP. This time eh na 15k votes or less, forget any rented crowd u will see in campaigns.
The way some of you comment on politics is quite baffling.

You tend to equate sentiments propagated by a few on Social Media as representing the directions that majority will take.

Just be patient, February 25th 2023 will soon come and you will see the number of votes that Tinubu of the APC will garner in both the South South and South East Geopolitical zones.

You will be in for a shocker.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:14am On Nov 19, 2022
Okay.
Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by mach7(m): 6:16am On Nov 19, 2022
KingLennon:
It's a straight win for Obi. We are tired of recycling old criminals...
In your dreams.

With the ways things are going, he won't even win one state.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by ZombieSlayer1: 6:17am On Nov 19, 2022
mach7:

You tend to equate sentiments propagated by a few on Social Media as representing the directions that majority will take.

Just be patient, February 25th 2023 will soon come and you will see the number of votes that Tinubu of the APC will garner in both the South South and South East Geopolitical zones.

the person you quoted is correct. APC only has chances in the South East and South South if they rig which is what they're banking on but they'll fail.

Did you see what happened in Owerri two days ago? APC representatives (not even other parties) walked out on Tinubu and his vice while the governor was begging people to stay back. He even had to call the security men manning the gates to lock the gates..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by Creamypie(m): 6:18am On Nov 19, 2022
mach7:

look this one. You think south and east are attached to those who cause suffering? Don't be received. Spend money if u like, that will make em hate u more. they will accept it and massively vote against u

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by Skty: 6:19am On Nov 19, 2022
Oshiomole, u that won Edo elections through labor party. How did u end up in APC? Politicians eh. Fact is these 5 governors will support labor party. We are tired of northern rule, incompetent lots, it's time for competency.

Nor be Fulani get Nigeria. Did u guys watch Sowore on Kadaria's show yesterday? Very interesting. The guy is sound. But Nigerians never ready. We can't vote in the clever ones. We want Tinubu wen drugs don finish his speech
Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by FreebiesGRAM: 6:21am On Nov 19, 2022
shocked shocked shocked
Re: PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole by jaxxy(m): 6:23am On Nov 19, 2022
this one is is still talking?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi To Speaks At The Chatham House Today, Monday 16 January 2023 / Bukola Saraki Departs For Accra, To Attend Ghana's 61st Independence Anniversary / Supreme Court To Hear Dickson's Appeal Against Disqualification Suit Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.