Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest (949 Views)

Brazilian Speaking Yoruba Fluently And He's Also An Ifa Priest - Vid / Sam Adeyemi And My Strange Experience In MFM Ajah / Is There Any Real Babalawo Or Ifa Priest Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by Tobdek: 10:54am On Nov 19, 2022
I'm an atheist. Something strange happened to me today and I can't stop thinking about it.

Someone mistakenly sent me airtime this morning. He called me to resend it because he wanted to send it to his father. A while later, he called me to thank me and gave the phone to his father who thanked me profusely and prayed for me. His father told me that he was an ifa priest from Ile ife.He told me to go and buy pure water and call him back in exactly three minutes. I decided not to but I was curious to hear what he wanted to say.

I called him and to my surprise, this man told me my surname! It felt so strange. He told me to ask for three things I want. He asked me if I had gotten the pure water, I told him no and he said I should go and buy it and call him back. I don't know if he's a scammer or a real priest. This has never happened to me before.

Cc Hahn
Hopefullandlord
Seun
Martinez39s
Johnydon22
Lordreed
Hardmirror
Pansophist
Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by Wurld: 10:57am On Nov 19, 2022
Should we tell him? grin

Na ot o, person wey sabi you dey involved, if you buy the water him go pray for you some more, small time incantations go enter, him go come tell you to dey repeat the incantations, e go reach where him go tell you to add your full name join, if you add your name join the incantation. So pe otilo cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 19, 2022
Someone who know you well is trying to scam you, you may decide to play along and patiently wait for when he starts demanding money from you. Be wise bro

3 Likes

Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by madridguy(m): 11:01am On Nov 19, 2022
Na scam. Na so dem dey do. Why not get the recharge card numbers from his sent message. One still call me last week self.

1 Like

Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by Tobdek: 11:02am On Nov 19, 2022
peepydelano:
Someone who know you well is trying to scam you, you may decide to play along and patiently wait for when he starts demanding money from you. Be wise bro
He didn't demand money, he only wanted to pray for me. You might be right tho, another thing that seems fishy is that the man's voice sounded exactly like those Yoruba adverts on radio.

1 Like

Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 19, 2022
Tobdek:
He didn't demand money, he only wanted to pray for me. You might be right tho, another thing that seems fishy is that the man's voice sounded exactly like those Yoruba adverts on radio.
He will be foolish to start demanding money at this early stage, just watch out and you’ll get the clearer picture

2 Likes

Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by habsydiamond(m): 11:07am On Nov 19, 2022
Dem don use am for u oo... whenever I pick call and hear I mistakenly sent u an airtime na cut to the call straight Co we sabi dem tactics

1 Like

Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by madridguy(m): 11:09am On Nov 19, 2022
After the prayer him go ask you to come. Baba ignore him completely.

Tobdek:

1 Like

Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:11am On Nov 19, 2022
How old are you? cheesy

Well that's the old trick scammers use to catch mugus! wink

2 Likes

Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by Omihanifa: 11:16am On Nov 19, 2022
Old method of scamming people
Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by Pierocash(m): 11:22am On Nov 19, 2022
Old time scam.

Last 2 years same idiots used same pattern for me. Told me his father wanted to thank me and pray for me,he handed the old man phone ,the next I heard was incantation. When he continued with his incantation,I put the phone on speaker ,dropped it on my table,and continue with what I was doing. For more than 2 mins ,this criminal was still doing incantation,I had to cut in and said " ehs baba, stop,your jazz no work,go look for another person".

He ended the call by himself

2 Likes

Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by hopefulLandlord: 11:27am On Nov 19, 2022
it's a scam. full stop
Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by LordReed(m): 11:32am On Nov 19, 2022
Tobdek:
I'm an atheist. Something strange happened to me today and I can't stop thinking about it.

Someone mistakenly sent me airtime this morning. He called me to resend it because he wanted to send it to his father. A while later, he called me to thank me and gave the phone to his father who thanked me profusely and prayed for me. His father told me that he was an ifa priest from Ile ife.He told me to go and buy pure water and call him back in exactly three minutes. I decided not to but I was curious to hear what he wanted to say.

I called him and to my surprise, this man told me my surname! It felt so strange. He told me to ask for three things I want. He asked me if I had gotten the pure water, I told him no and he said I should go and buy it and call him back. I don't know if he's a scammer or a real priest. This has never happened to me before.

Cc Hahn
Hopefullandlord
Seun
Martinez39s
Johnydon22
Lordreed
Hardmirror
Pansophist

LoLz! Dude have you heard of Truecaller? Plus other telephone number look up services?

1 Like

Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by mymadam(m): 11:33am On Nov 19, 2022
Truecaller no sabi ur name ni? Abi u no dey use smartphone (Android) phone? Abegi wink
Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by matrixme(m): 11:34am On Nov 19, 2022
Them never scam this one before. Welcome to Nigeria bro. You will enjoy your stay here alot

1 Like

Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by Tobdek: 11:41am On Nov 19, 2022
mymadam:
Truecaller no sabi ur name ni? Abi u no dey use smartphone (Android) phone? Abegi wink
Thanks for this suggestion.

Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by Tobdek: 11:41am On Nov 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
How old are you? cheesy

Well that's the old trick scammers use to catch mugus! wink
I'm in my early 20s.
Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2022
Tobdek:
I'm in my early 20s.

Oh! I'm sorry my young man the so called old bàbá is a young boy perhaps your age who is also a kid in scamming. With the airtime thing you will become familiar to them, they know that most people don't trust pastors this days that's why they're using the traditional stuff to gain attention. The purpose is just to start extorting money from you! undecided
Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by Solowsky(m): 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2022
This just happened to me three weeks ago, the guy called me that a recharge card has just been sent to my line just now, hearing and seeing the msg,I just blocked the line immediately,no dulling grin grin grin
Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by ghettochild(m): 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2022
Tobdek:
They will tell u how sm1 in ur family is setting u backwards in life
Las Las dem go ask for money to do cleansing
Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by Martinez39s(m): 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2022
This is a popular scam technique. Haba! angry
Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by HardMirror(m): 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2022
Tobdek:

Cc Hahn
Hopefullandlord
Seun
Martinez39s
Johnydon22
Lordreed
Hardmirror
Pansophist
it is a scam. In hacking there is something we call social engineering, you would be suprised how much information i can get about you for free online. Dont fall
By the way,
Did you just arrive Nigeria?
NEVER BELIEVE ANYTHING SUPERNATURAL. little investigation always expose them as lies

1 Like

Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by LikeAking: 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2022
Tobdek:

Cc Hahn
Hopefullandlord
Seun
Martinez39s
Johnydon22
Lordreed
Hardmirror
Pansophist

Scam!
Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by PastorAIO: 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2022
It is interesting the way all these people that would once upon a time have gone down the Pastor route are now going around claiming to be babalawo. Especially as Isese is getting more and more adherents from overseas and all of a sudden like miracle all the fake pastors are turning to fake bablawo.

My advice to Isese people is to defend against these fakes and expose them thoroughly every where they shamelessly raise their heads.
Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by twosquare(m): 5:52pm On Nov 19, 2022
Scammers...old format
Tobdek:

Cc Hahn
Hopefullandlord
Seun
Martinez39s
Johnydon22
Lordreed
Hardmirror
Pansophist
Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by TenQ: 11:06pm On Nov 19, 2022
Tobdek:

Cc Hahn
Hopefullandlord
Seun
Martinez39s
Johnydon22
Lordreed
Hardmirror
Pansophist
So he got your surname right and you didn't connect that he's a 419 with Truecaller app!?
Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by Tobdek: 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2022
This dumbass has been using this format since 2021

Re: My Strange Experience With An Ifa Priest by johnydon22(m): 9:24am On Nov 22, 2022
Tobdek:

Cc Hahn
Hopefullandlord
Seun
Martinez39s
Johnydon22
Lordreed
Hardmirror
Pansophist

Looks like scam bro

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Do You Support Launching In Churches? / Nowadays' Churches And Prosperity / Sharing The Experience Of Spirituality.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.