Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

I've Gotten A New Job And I Can't Let Go Of The Former One (advice Please) - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / I've Gotten A New Job And I Can't Let Go Of The Former One (advice Please) (875 Views)

Learn A New It Course And Get A New Job / Be At The Top,get The Job And Seal DEALS!!! / Training On Oracle Purchasing And I-procurement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Gotten A New Job And I Can't Let Go Of The Former One (advice Please) by lovelyS(m): 10:55am On Aug 25, 2011
I have been working with this IT company based in lagos in the last 6years.during this years they have been doing well and all but when the problem that affects banks arises they where seriously affected because the company is running on long time loan collected from this bank.

Shortly after the problems started,the company started owing us and their staffs (myself inclusive) started looking for a way out of the company because they only to pay 1months in every 3/4months (sad?)

To cut the long story short,I have gotten a new job (with poor salary) and this company is owing me 11 months salary and the owner of this company says if we leave we we should forget about the arrears.

I have started working with this new company but i have not resigned because of the condition/threat by the CEO/MD of my formar office.

I didn't mention that i have a wife (she resigned when she got pregnant she was given 3months leave with no pay) and a 9months old baby.

Please Nairalanders,I dint know what to do and i urgently need your advice and i will appreciate it if you are being sincere with it.
Re: I've Gotten A New Job And I Can't Let Go Of The Former One (advice Please) by amaham(m): 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2011
Nawa ooo! How can someone owe u 4 almost a year and still threatens not 2 pay. Anyway de bankin problem is not endin anytime soon so ur former employer will still be payin u erratically and u can neva plan wit such income. So I tink u'll 4 wit ur new job coz of de regularity of income and 4 de arrears keep prayin broda ,God works in mysterious ways
Re: I've Gotten A New Job And I Can't Let Go Of The Former One (advice Please) by Afam4eva(m): 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2011
Your former employer(legal employer) is just trying to blackmail you. My advice is that you just leave the company and hope that they pay you what they owe. I want to believe there's a signed agreement between both parties.

Btw, this thread should be in the Jobs section.
Re: I've Gotten A New Job And I Can't Let Go Of The Former One (advice Please) by amaham(m): 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2011
Bro abeg go wit new regular income at least u can plan wit it.this bankin problem is not stoppin anytime soon so ur former employer wud still be erratically payin u if u continue. 4 de arrears, bro God works in mysterious ways
Re: I've Gotten A New Job And I Can't Let Go Of The Former One (advice Please) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 25, 2011
my friend go start ur new job and get a lawyer to collect your arrears from that bast.ard! Wtf!
Re: I've Gotten A New Job And I Can't Let Go Of The Former One (advice Please) by lovelyS(m): 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2011
@all, Thank You, am working with the new company now, but i guess if they Sack me i will get my money faster.
Re: I've Gotten A New Job And I Can't Let Go Of The Former One (advice Please) by Kx: 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2011
Boyloaf:

my friend go start your new job and get a lawyer to collect your arrears from that bast.ard! Wtf!
I just know that the day your former employer hears from your lawyer, you ll be paid all your arrears without a day delay.
Re: I've Gotten A New Job And I Can't Let Go Of The Former One (advice Please) by i1: 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2011
@ poster. your story saddens my heart. a man is owing you and still has the efforntery to blackmail you. didnt you work for him? well the truth. leave your job, give him one month notice and then walk out. as for the issue of your back pay, get a lawyer to sue him for the debt. you will recover your money sharp sharp. finally he night be hurt that you want to leave him when he is almost down, and finally am sure you are still young, so leave the guy and start your career,

(1) (Reply)

Help! Microsoft/karox Scholarship Exams / Financial Empowerment For 3,000 Entrepreneurs Nationwide (Fri, 28th Dec., 2012)! / Oracle Tutorials!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.