Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

First Thought On Wizkid's New Album More Love Less Ego. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / First Thought On Wizkid's New Album More Love Less Ego. (725 Views)

Wizkid Drops New Album More Love Less Ego / Wizkid Hints At A Collaboration With Davido On More Love Less Ego / Shatta Wale Continues Attack On Wizkid In New Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Thought On Wizkid's New Album More Love Less Ego. by Aidejay(m): 12:21am On Nov 20, 2022
Firstly let me say I wasn't anticipating this album. I didn't think wizkid could pull the wonders he did on Made In Lagos on this new album. After listening to Bad To Me and Money And Love the two lead singles I was worried about what direction he was taking his sound.

The anticipation for the album definitely died after those two songs. It was hard to hype this album.
Then the album tracklist dropped days to the project release. Infact the entire album rollout has been disappointing.
It didn't meet the usual wizkid album rollout bang.

But then I remember this was how Made in Lagos started out, Smile and No stress didn't shake anywhere but years later the album has become a classic.

Re: First Thought On Wizkid's New Album More Love Less Ego. by Aidejay(m): 12:21am On Nov 20, 2022
The tracklist didn't have the features I expected wiz to pile following the success of Made in Lagos.

Just Ayra Star
Skillibeng and Shenseea
Usual collaborator Skepta,
Naira marley ?
Don tolliver.

I wasn't hyped at all.

Then I heard the album for the first time after reading the poliarizing reviewers on twitter. Which I must add is the worst place to sample music opinions.

First listen was bland I wasn't in love.
So it wasn't a love at first sight (listen)
One song stood out though. I'll discuss that later. I began to believe the negative reviews and was demoralized to appreciate this album.

About 2 days later I watched a YouTube reaction to the album from an American and someone totally new to the wizkid wave and he shocked me. This was someone who isn't Nigerian, hardly understood what wizkid was singing, someone alien to the wizkid and other artists comparison, infact he heard the album dropped from people in the comment session of another YouTube reaction video he made. Meaning he didn't follow wizkid. But his appreciation and commendation of the album was high.
After watching that video about 3 songs stood out for me and didn't leave my head.

I had to find and listen to them again.

Re: First Thought On Wizkid's New Album More Love Less Ego. by Aidejay(m): 12:22am On Nov 20, 2022
This began my MLLE obsession.

I'm not a critic or analyst. But in my opinion as a mere music listener. An average joe. A wizkid fan too. I love this album!
It's perfect. It's wizkid.

I don't want to go fan girling over it. But I must say.

I like Bad to me and money and love but those two songs are the worst songs wizkid could have released before the album.
They didn't do the album any justice at all.

You see the remaining songs. WONDERFUL.
I think the one with Skepta and naira Marley is my least favorite. I don't like it. But give it a year and ask we again.

Now Bad to Me and money and love aside.

The first song that struck me was the last song on the album. IMAGINE grin

It's called FRAMES (WHO'S GONNA KNOW)
this song brought me to tears. It's one of WizKid's best songs ever. His voice, the lyrics, the flow, how he sang it. He performed this song in his Apple Live Show and that was epic. This one no be gragra music. It entered! I find myself going around singing "who's gonna know at the end of the dayyy". For me even if this was the only good song on the album I was ready to stream and play it.

The second song that stood out was Balance.
I don't have much to say it is a banger but isn't too 7 on this project.

Next was Slip & Slide featuring Skillibeng & Shenseea - Best collabo on this album.

Then 2 sugar fr Ayra Star. This one is fire. I had to share the video of him performing it at Apple Music Live on my other social media platforms cause it is such a bop! The messaging was amazing. Bringing that bad energy stay far away vibe back again. Which perfectly suits my mood at this point in my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_oenl2Be-w

Then Pressure. That pipipi part is even what entered my head.

Then Special ft Don Tolliver. This song has no drums or snares just piano and guitar and I love it. Another fire collabo. But only god can deliver wizkid from women and their bodies.

Then the rest of the album entered!

Everyday
Deep
Flower Pads
Plenty loving (I don't love it like that tho)

People are calling wizkid "AGROWBEATS" OR "AGROBEATS" meaning his songs will grow on you. You might not like it first off but honestly e go later enter.

I promise grin

You can jam this album from beginning to end, no skips. Maybe 1 if you're like me.

But is is an amazing album experience. Different vibes, different conversations, different presentation, WizKid's vocals on fire. Sound on point.

It's very sexual though. Maybe that's what will turn most people off. Not me!

My advice, don't listen to this album if you want war songs and dem mama dem papa music. Or if you want pseudo-activist music. There are artists and albums everywhere for that. No carry am come this side. You'll be disappointed!

But if you want some solid vibes, music that will make you dance, smile, jukpa and be singing along loudly not minding. Something you'll play at night, chilling on the beach, trying to work, not shouts and shaking songs that will be giving head ache. Listen to this album.

Wizkid ate. It's my favorite Album of 2022.

(1) (Reply)

Show Me A Song Deeper And I’ll Give You 5k / What Makes A Rapper / Starting An Fm Station In Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.