Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? (6372 Views)

Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms / When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? / CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by pinkrex(m): 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2011
Demdem:

of cos they do. how do u want them to survive if they dont lie

Everyone apart from Demdem should excuse this language pleas.

You are a 'sentimental goat', you should be tied to a stake for Salah feast.
People like you are gonna twist cases in the law court and see the innocent suffer for a crime not committed angry angry angry angry

Illiterate mentality, gbengbe oshi angry angry angry Mtcheew!!
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by Demdem(m): 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2011
^^^^

What are u saying? i dont get u. are u saying Lawyers dont lie? pls elaborate.
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by sleekman(m): 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2011
Lawyers->liars. So what? Who hasn't lied before, please identify yourself. God knows why in his infinite mercies and goodness he created lies. Afterall God sent an angel to tell a lie to all the other prophets so they could lead the king of Isreal and Judah to battle. Afterall who amongst us here has had a police case in Naija and didn't need to lie? Na Naija police station you go learn wisdom no worry.
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2011
Lawyers dnt liar. Law is a 2 edged sword, dat protects both d rite of d accussed n d rite of d victim/deceased. Due procedures are followed in d law court, they are relevants laws guidin n protectn d interest of d society. These laws include d constitution, d criminal n civil procedure acts, evidences act, also decisions of d court in previous issues. Facts are given nt lies. These facts are gotten from relevant statutes. Lawyers are nt liars.
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 25, 2011
Do dogs bark!?
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by Exponental(m): 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2011
Can someone pls pronounce d two!
Lawyers - Liars
All they do is tell d judge wat he 'needs' to hear.
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by Natasha2(f): 7:25pm On Aug 25, 2011
no they don't they only defend with diplomacy cheesy
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by folahann(m): 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2011
Maybe the question should have been; are there lawyers who don't lie? wink
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by Natasha2(f): 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2011
^lawyers don't lie
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by shawonlese: 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2011
All lawyers Lie!!! Full stop.
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2011
CHRISTIAN LAWYERS FELLOWSHIP OF NIGERIA (CLASFON)
' A new legal profession anchored on christ'
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by BOMANY: 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2011
[size=14pt]
Do they ever say the truth? this is the correct question[/size]
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by iluvnaija: 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2011
OFFCOURSE THEY ARE!
Curently ther is an issue going on, this charge and bail lawyer lied to everybody including Government officials. My point is, nigeria is a lawless country and even the press are not helping matters.

I SORRY FOR NIGERIA!
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 25, 2011
They specialize in "pathologic lies" and "half truths".
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by amblors(m): 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2011
Natasha,,:

no they don't they only defend with diplomacy cheesy

In my dictionary DIPLOMACY == LIE
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 25, 2011
they are organised liars undecided

soyi uncle,
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by Effiko(m): 1:55am On Aug 26, 2011
DAMN . . . .dey re doing dia fucking JOB . . . .
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by Princek12(m): 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2011
Wallie:

So you walk in on someone standing over a dead body holding a bloody knife. Is the person guilty of murder?

It is the prosecutor’s job to prove that the person is guilty of murder. If he his guilty, was it premeditated (1st degree murder), accidental, or in self defense? Is there another plausible reason the guy is holding the knife? Could he have walked into a room seeing the deceased stabbed and he tried to help by removing the knife?

I am glad you explained it to them. Lawyers don't lie, and the consequences for lying can be dire. In America, for example, a lawyer who has been convicted of a crime involving dishonesty may be (and most likely will) denied admission to a state bar by the Supreme Court of the state in which the lawyer seeks admission. The primary reason is that lawyers are considered officers of the court and should therefore be held to the highest standards of honesty.

Also, are you a lawyer in Yankee? I am also a lawyer here in Yankee, too. Let me know maybe we can network. I focus on all areas of intellectual property law, particularly patent procurement and litigation, immigration law, and energy law. I will do personal injury if the injuries are severe enough that will provide for a large contingent fee, and liability of defendant is almost clear.
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by sleekman(m): 2:44pm On Aug 26, 2011
folahann:

Maybe the question should have been; are there lawyers who don't lie? wink
Perhaps you should ask are there people who don't lie? God created Black and white and all the spectrum of colours in between. So also there are truths, lies and all the spectrum in betweensmiley Shebi ordinary people lie but our corrupt politicians mislead. All get degree.
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by EfeEkarume(m): 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2011
Lawyers and the devil have something in common - They lie -
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by Natasha2(f): 7:34pm On Aug 26, 2011
amblors:

In my dictionary DIPLOMACY == LIE
really? then I wonder the kind of dictionary you have cheesy
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by folahann(m): 11:58am On Aug 28, 2011
sleekman:

Perhaps you should ask are there people who don't lie? God created Black and white and all the spectrum of colours in between. So also there are truths, lies and all the spectrum in betweensmiley Shebi ordinary people lie but our corrupt politicians mislead. All get degree.

Just get it straight, we are talking about lawyers telling lies just to prove their case in court and trying to know if it's legal. This is LAW
We ain't talking specifically about religion or races
Re: Do All Lawyers Actually Lie? by Flashacademy(m): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2019
folahann:
That is the question.
There is this general believe that all lawyers are liars but I know some that are very good Christians, does it mean when the enter the court they forget about being one.
I know the might not be necessarily saying the truth i.e hiding some part of the story in order to favour their side. But this is completely different from telling white lies such  as framing up stories, giving wrong info etc.
I know of course some of them lie but is it a general thing.

Interesting views are welcome from people from legal practitioners and their children

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://flashacademy.com.ng/why-lawyers-are-liars/&grqid=G1Pw3i5l&s=1&hl=en-NG

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://flashacademy.com.ng/why-lawyers-are-liars/&grqid=G1Pw3i5l&s=1&hl=en-NG

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Be A Good Boss / MASSIVE UNEMPLOYMENT LOOMS MTN NIGERIA: 4,500 STAFF TO LOSE THEIR JOBS!!! / I Prefer Handwork To "Going To School"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.