Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

What Is The English Name For This Insect?. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Is The English Name For This Insect?. (896 Views)

Which Animal Or Insect Are You Scared Of The Most / World's Most Expensive Insect / This Insect Has Been Swarming And Terrorizing Me Of Recent (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The English Name For This Insect?. by sholikay(m): 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2022
I traveled to the east side of the country (awka) and I saw this insect, we call it “Tana tana” (Yoruba language)as a kid then. We used to see many of them , perching on grasses then at night. .

Up till this moment, I still don’t know how it generate the light it displays.. the English name would have helped me search about it on google.

Can someone help with the English name and also how it was able to come up with the lightning?

Cc lalasticlala

Re: What Is The English Name For This Insect?. by etrange: 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2022
Firefly

1 Like

Re: What Is The English Name For This Insect?. by Urheadmaster(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2022
Beatles
Re: What Is The English Name For This Insect?. by sholikay(m): 8:44pm On Nov 20, 2022
Oooh. Firefly? Thank you. I will google more about it
etrange:
Firefly

1 Like

Re: What Is The English Name For This Insect?. by Emecson(m): 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2022
Firefighter
Re: What Is The English Name For This Insect?. by VeryWickedGoat: 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2022
Firewoh

Re: What Is The English Name For This Insect?. by Oceanjagaban: 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2022
The English name is Tilumbu
Re: What Is The English Name For This Insect?. by easytig(m): 7:44am On Nov 22, 2022
Na "obidient" be the new name lol

(1) (Reply)

Monkey Gives First Aid To Electrocuted Friend / pure caucas puppies Due 4 Sale frm dis week friday 10th april 2015 Week / Monkey Takes A Ride On Bike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.