Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (8057 Views)

Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist / Theist Jewish Scientist Daniel Shechtman Wins 2011 Nobel Prize In Chemistry / Indaba, My Children - God's "origin" And The Sacred Tree Of Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2011
Re: . by Kay17: 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2011
The proof of God's existence n origin x+2d_id
Re: . by claremont(m): 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2011
Let's wait for Sexkillz to come and demonstrate how the "creator" was created! cool
Re: . by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2011
Who missed me? grin grin grin
Re: . by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 25, 2011
claremont:

Let's wait for Sexkillz to come and demonstrate how the "creator" was created! cool
GOOD! Now i'll do some definitions?

CREATOR - Person who creates!

CREATED - Brought into existence by a creator! Originated from a Creator! Caused by a Creator!

Now the Question To the KNOW IT ALL(S) IN THE HOUSE:

CAN A CREATOR BE CREATED? ***NOTE I'M NOT ASKING ABOUT GOD NOW***
Re: . by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2011
Read the book of genesis, the christian does not claim to have any facts other than what God has said. Dont like it, no problem.
Re: . by Purist(m): 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2011
davidylan:

Read the book of genesis, the christian does not claim to have any facts other than what God has said. Dont like it, no problem.

Really?  The book of Genesis tells us who/what created God?  Chapter and verse, please?
Re: . by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 25, 2011
^^^Clever evasion of MY earlier QUESTION!
Re: . by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2011
Purist:

Really?  The book of Genesis tells us who/what created God?  Chapter and verse, please?

Makes no sense. The christian faith rests on the belief that God is omniscient i.e. was not created by any.
Re: . by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2011
Creation and Existence are on 2 different dimensions but can be perceived from the same level of conciousness. The Bible reveals a palatable answer to the origins of God right from Genesis. (I will get to this in a moment)

The Concept of a Universal Creator is valid from the perspective of Cause and Effect i.e God must have "caused" creation and by applying (natural) human reasoning which I hope you can agree has evolved over the centuries, a bias for a Creator who is pre-existent thus existing before creation is formed. IMHO this line of reasoning (often referred to as Revelation by Theists) is misconceived largely because human reasoning at the ages was based on available information (awareness) of the surrounding environment which man knew little of.

To Exist essentially implies that the subject has no discernible nor measurable point of origin and conceivably no finite close to its existence - hence It is Eternal (not to be mistook for Immortal). The dilemma in this is that every quality in the "Creators" designs (asides from the hint of structural physiological  semblance) has no genealogical link to the "Creator" (unless you wish to delve into Spirit and Souls which can taint the argument unfairly)

If we focus on the question of origins of which centuries of arguments has till date not unravelled, we lose sight of the most important question. What is the Creator's Purpose? The "Creator" (If we choose to follow a Theistic approach) mandates his creations with a purpose (this is Biblically and Scripturally and Atheistically palatable)

If you know the Purpose, you will have a grip on the Origin. I would rather ask the question, What is the Creator's Purpose? is it to Create? I would like a Theistic view on this perhaps the answer to the Origin will reveal itself.
Re: . by mazaje(m): 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
davidylan:

What God(the creator of the universe) said or what men wrote and kept propagating it as the sayings of God?. . .There is a great difference. . . .A lot of christians like the answers in genesis and IRC guys claim that there are scientific facts with regards to creationism, no?. . .
Re: . by Purist(m): 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2011
davidylan:

Makes no sense. The christian faith rests on the belief that God is omniscient i.e. was not created by any.

Of course it does make sense. Asking the OP to read the book of Genesis to get answers to his questions suggests that the answers lie somewhere in the pages of the first book of the Bible. And besides, I thought omniscient means 'all-knowing'?
Re: . by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2011
mazaje:

What God(the creator of the universe) said or what men wrote and kept propagating it as the sayings of God?. . .There is a great difference. . . .A lot of christians like the answers in genesis and IRC guys claim that there are scientific facts with regards to creationism, no?. . .

I dont believe in forcing science to agree with my faith. they both exist on two different planes.

Purist:

Of course it does make sense.  Asking the OP to read the book of Genesis to get answers to his questions suggests that the answers lie somewhere in the pages of the first book of the Bible.  And besides, I thought omniscient means 'all-knowing'?

no it doesnt dude.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 25, 2011
Nl atheists what is ur problem? Is it God or is it men that believes/worship God? This envy and jealousy is not making sense any longer. cheesy
Re: . by Jenwitemi(m): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2011
I am not an atheist, but this question is crazy simple to answer.
- Since the created can also create, thus also becoming a CREATOR, then a CREATOR can be created. So back to the question; WHO CREATED THE BIBLE GOD? wink grin
sexkillz:

GOOD! Now i'll do some definitions?

CREATOR - Person who creates!

CREATED - Brought into existence by a creator! Originated from a Creator! Caused by a Creator!

Now the Question To the KNOW IT ALL(S) IN THE HOUSE:

CAN A CREATOR BE CREATED? ***NOTE I'M NOT ASKING ABOUT GOD NOW***

Re: . by Jenwitemi(m): 10:50pm On Aug 25, 2011
I am not an atheist, but i answered your question for you, already. Look above.
sexkillz:

^^^Clever evasion of MY earlier QUESTION!
Re: . by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2011
Jenwitemi:

- Since the created can also create, thus also becoming a CREATOR, then a CREATOR can be created. So back to
Give Examples<<<<<<<<<<PLEASE? smiley
Re: . by Jenwitemi(m): 12:22am On Aug 26, 2011
Gladly. Let me use we humans. We were created by some creator, but we can also create a lot of things, like ideas/ideologies(religious ones, especially), all sorts of technological stuffs like computers, cars, airplanes, softwares, literatures like fictional tales, etc. And if we want to create a universe similar to this one we are living in, all we have to do is acquire enough expertise to create a 3D interactive virtual reality world. Those are all creations.
sexkillz:

Give Examples<<<<<<<<<<PLEASE? smiley
Re: . by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 26, 2011
^^^ Wait for ATHEISTS to come and disagree on that! i guess you didnt get the GIST of this thread! grin
Re: . by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:32am On Aug 26, 2011
As I mentioned earlier, it seems a wild-goose hunt to determine the origin of a subject without defining its purpose. What is the creator's purpose? else y'all will be prancing about in circles like two yoruba area boys in a fight. end up getting frustrated and not landing a blow grin

It seems this is the ultimate ending of every Theist vs. Atheist thread on Nairaland
Re: . by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 26, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

As I mentioned earlier, it seems a wild-goose hunt to determine the origin of a subject without defining its purpose. What is the creator's purpose? else y'all will be prancing about in circles like two yoruba area boys in a fight. end up getting frustrated and not landing a blow grin

It seems this is the ultimate ending of every Theist vs. Atheist thread on Nairaland

WORD cheesy
Re: . by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 26, 2011
LOL @ looking for purpose of a Creator you dont believe exists! Neither do ATHEISTS know where their life came from! You bothered finding out where you life came from? If ATHEISTS finally find where their life came from, then they would know the purpose of whatever it is that gave them life! Always asking questions! CONFUSED PATHETIC BUNCH! grin grin grin
Re: . by thehomer: 9:38am On Aug 26, 2011
davidylan:

I dont believe in forcing science to agree with my faith. they both exist on two different planes.
no it doesnt dude.

Really? Science and your faith are on two different planes? That is the non-overlapping magisteria view that has been discredited.
Re: . by thehomer: 9:39am On Aug 26, 2011
sexkillz:

LOL @ looking for purpose of a Creator you dont believe exists! Neither do ATHEISTS know where their life came from! You bothered finding out where you life came from? If ATHEISTS finally find where their life came from, then they would know the purpose of whatever it is that gave them life! Always asking questions! CONFUSED PATHETIC BUNCH! grin grin grin

Hold on now. You believe your God exists, well what is its purpose? Just to go about popping up universes then popping up humans and popping up natural disasters to afflict them with? What is his purpose?
Re: . by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:40am On Aug 26, 2011
sexkillz:

Living up to your reputation i see  grin. obviously you engage others purely for the purpose of irritation neither enlightenment nor inquiry. which is why you automatically assumed my posts were atheistic in character. I asked what would seem a simple question to theists and rather than provide an answer, you ask another question that does not even provide an insight to the first and reinforce it with insults to make it stick.
Similar to a Faith question i posed a few months back - being the foundation of most theistic religions, no one was able to fathom how faith works and if it can be put to the test, yet it works. Ok show me methodically how to work it. and every theists went silent, If you cannot answer a question, at least have the honesty to say " I don't know the answer" if I had the answers I won't bother asking - is that out of place smiley
Re: . by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 26, 2011
The way you guys actually look for proof to everything baffles me! Is it not Obvious? There are SOME things that cannot be proven to EXIST! but does that mean the dont?

Take TIME for example! Can you Prove TIME? Does it EXIST? Have you SEEN it? Do you Believe IT?
A PERFECT CIRCLE! Can you Prove IT?  Does it EXIST? Have you seen it? Do you Believe IT?
The number "5"! Can you Prove it? Does it EXIST? Have you seen "5"?

Belief in something does not MEAN you ALWAYS have to prove it's existence!

But i'll like anyone to GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS TO THOSE QUESTIONS!!! grin grin grin

*********WAITING********* cheesy
Re: . by thehomer: 9:56am On Aug 26, 2011
sexkillz:

The way you guys actually look for proof to everything baffles me! Is it not Obvious? There are SOME things that cannot be proven to EXIST! but does that mean the dont?

Take TIME for example! Can you Prove TIME? Does it EXIST? Have you SEEN it? Do you Believe IT?
A PERFECT CIRCLE! Can you Prove IT? Does it EXIST? Have you seen it? Do you Believe IT?

But i'll like anyone to GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS TO THOSE QUESTIONS!!! grin grin grin

Since you've brought up those examples, is God like time, a perfect circle or the number 5? Please let us know with a yes or no and why.
You're yet to tell us what God's purpose is.
Re: . by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:09am On Aug 26, 2011
sexkillz:

A PERFECT CIRCLE! Can you Prove IT?  Does it EXIST? Have you seen it? Do you Believe IT?

^^^ Do Blackholes exists?, we know they do but we cannot see them. the only reason we know they exists is because they have a provable effect on their surrounding environment i.e sucking in light sources (bending light  shocked)

Time Exists because it is a measurable pivot on which physics  rests

your Number 5 problem is experimental mathematics known as proof by contradiction (not useful if you are looking for direct proof)

I did not figure a theist to be least fond of Scientific ventures but it is good to know anyway  smiley

The reason for the question is not whether it exists but why would it since it cannot provide collateral nor direct evidence that it does. the possibility exists and is not discounted, just as a theist cannot heal himself everyday by faith alone - science and medicine must come into play

How about giving me some insight into my question
Re: . by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 26, 2011
^^^ For a Scientist "like you" to say TIME Exist well. . . . . A simple search on google would tell you TIME DOES NOT EXIST!

Tell me why i should take your other"fake" responses serious! grin grin
Re: . by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 26, 2011
thehomer:

Since you've brought up those examples, is God like time, a perfect circle or the number 5? Please let us know with a yes or no and why.
You're yet to tell us what God's purpose is.
Why dont you atleast try to answer the questions first! Or just say YOU DONT KNOW!

I also asked if a CREATOR can be CREATED? Can you answer that >>>>>>>>SIR?
Re: . by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 26, 2011
Largerwhenindoubt!
Have you seen TIME, PERFECT CIRCLE, and 5?

Why do you believe in their EXISTENCE if you have'nt seen them PHYSICALLY?
Re: . by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:30am On Aug 26, 2011
sexkillz:

Largerwhenindoubt!
Have you seen TIME, PERFECT CIRCLE, and 5?

Why do you believe in their EXISTENCE if you have'nt seen them PHYSICALLY?

My fake time answer was intended to draw your stingy response which you did  grin you actually try to link science with the creator  grin
Time is a human rationalization based on misinterpretation - is it okay then to say that God is actually a human rationalization based on misinterpretation since we cannot prove it therefore make it up to rationalize our own existence ? I must admit our short discourse has taxed me mentally, "spiritually" and alcoholically  grin but IMHO neither theists nor atheists have the answer  which is why in all situations both start the journey of enlightenment with great fervor but never seem to reach the end.

Admit it, you do not know why you are here and where you are headed, just like many you have rationalized a lot and founded your beliefs on misinterpretation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bauchi State Government Sponsors 2,306 Christians On Pilgrimage / The Very Good Wine / Why I Deny The Virgin Birth Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.