Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,327 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book (794 Views)

The Yoruba Origins Of The Name Moses (not The Man Moses) - By Reno Omokri / Rhema For Living Devotional 2018 By Ken Macaulay / Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - How To Fight Spiritual Warfare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 7:34am On Nov 21, 2022
CHAPTER ONE

Introduction

This subject is one controversial subject in the body of Christ today. In fact, it is the main cause of division in the church today.
Some practices in the church today are still hinged on some of the instructions contained in the Law of Moses. Most of our present day church use the instruction contained in the Law of Moses to regulate the dress code of their members especially of women. Some even forbid their women from putting on ornaments of any form.

Again there are other forms of practices such as prayer forms and languages that attempt to kill their so called enemies. This form of prayers has its root on instruction also contained in the Law of Moses.

There are also those who still observe the Sabbath as instructed in the Law of Moses. As such, they worship on Saturdays and even condemn the other denominations for choosing Sundays as a worship day.

What about the law of circumcision that most believers still practice religiously today? Such acts are still based on the Law of Moses.
Are we supposed to subject ourselves to these laws? If the answer is yes, why did Jesus come? If keeping the Law of Moses was enough to earn righteousness before God, why would God send Jesus?

The Jews we know from the word of God could not keep the law and they came under the curse.

“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.” (Galatians 3:10)

What about the many verses that point to the fact the Law of Moses have been abolished? Are we not seeing these verses? Is there a spiritual blindness covering our eyes?

This book will examine this question thoroughly and it is my prayer that the church will come to unity of faith on this and other controversial issues that have separated us for years.
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 7:38am On Nov 21, 2022
CHAPTER TWO

God’s Plan Unveiled through Abraham

“Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.” (Genesis 12:1-3)

When God called Abraham, he made a seven fold promise to him. One of the promises is of particular interest, ‘in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed’.

So, Abraham was chosen as a vessel through which everyone will again be blessed. At this time, Abraham did not have a child yet God assured him of the fulfillment of the promise even when his faith wavered.

Abraham had yielded to a carnal plan through the counsel of his wife;

“And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the LORD hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai. And Sarai Abram's wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife. And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived: and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her eyes.” (Genesis 16:2-4)

This mistake Abraham made still has an advert effect today. The child Ishmael gave birth to the Arab world which we all know is involved in age long conflicts with Israel till date. It is the fulfillment of prophesy concerning him;

“And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction. And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.” (Genesis 16:11-12)

This is the reason for the terrorist attack by Islamic fundamentalist all over the world. They are the seed of Ishmael.
In spite of Abraham’s error, God still reaffirmed his promise to him;

“As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.” (Genesis 17:4-5)

Even Sarah was promised she was going to be mother of nations;

“And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be. And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.” (Genesis 17:15-16)

At the fullness of time, Sarah conceived and bare Isaac in her old age;

“And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken. For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him. And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sarah bare to him, Isaac. And Abraham circumcised his son Isaac being eight days old, as God had commanded him. And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him.” (Genesis 21:1-5)

Before now, God has entered into covenant with Abraham concerning his physical descendants. He told him they will be stranger in a strange land after which they will come out after about 400 years.

“And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.” (Genesis 15:13-14)

After Isaac had grown up, God tempted him to offer his only son Isaac as a sacrifice. He called him his only son because as far as God is concerned Ishmael is not the child of promise. He had even sent him away from his house after Isaac was born.

Abraham obeyed God and God swear an oath on account of his faith;

“And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.” (Genesis 22:16-18)

If you look closely at God’s dealing with Abraham, he did not give him conditions as in obeying specific rules before the promise will come to pass. He was even credited with righteousness not based on what he did but based on his belief;

“And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.” (Genesis 15:5-6)

Isaac gave birth to Jacob and Esau. Esau despised his birth right and Jacob inherited the right of the firstborn and the blessing of Abraham. Jacob gave birth to twelve sons who later formed the twelve tribes of Israel.

The Jews found themselves in Israel because of a famine and Joseph who his brothers sold out as a slave. Joseph became the prime minister of Egypt at that time and was second in command only to Pharaoh.

The Jews multiplied in Egypt and came under affliction when a new pharaoh came who refused to recognize Joseph. He issued a command that all male born of the Jews must not be allowed to live. However God in his infinite mercy preserved the life of Moses who was raised as Pharaoh’s son by his mother.

When Moses grew up he chose to identify with his brethren. He killed an Egyptians who was mistreating a Jew. The news got to Pharaoh and he fled.

While in the wilderness, he saw a bush burning but the leaves were not consumed. He turned to look at the strange sight when God spoke to him that he has been chosen to bring deliverance to his people. Moses accepted the mission though with condition that his brother Aaron will be his spokes man because he was a stammerer.

Pharaoh wouldn’t listen to Moses but with the demonstration of God’s power, he let the Jews go. His foolish attempt to chase them found Pharaoh and his army drowned in the red sea.
When Moses was in the wilderness with the Jews, God gave him the 10 Commandments at Mount Sinai. Other laws were later given as they journeyed on in the wilderness.

The question now is why did God give them the commandments? Was it in consonant with the promise he made to Abraham? We will examine this and other questions in the following chapters.
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 7:40am On Nov 21, 2022
CHAPTER THREE

Is the Law of Moses Consistent with God’s Original Plan?

Apostle Paul gave the answer to this question in the book of Romans and Galatians

“For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect” (Romans 4:13-14)

Paul says here that the promise that Abraham was going to be the father of nations was not based on his adherence to the Law but through faith. If they which keep the Law are the rightful heirs of the promise, then the promise God made to Abraham is null and void, Paul argued.

For instance, if a friend promised to offer you financial assistance but on the day you are supposed to receive the money, he now demands you must do some work for him before he releases the money, he has invariably nullify his promised. The money you now get from him is no longer a favour but what you worked for.

In the book of Galatians, Paul went on;

“Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto. Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.” (Galatians 3:15-18)

Why then did God give the law if it has nothing to do with the establishment his eternal purpose on earth?

“Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.” (Galatians 3:19-25)

The Law of Moses was imposed on the Jews until the time of reformation – Hebrews 9:10

The passage revealed that the law was given to regulate the lives of the Jews until the time for the fulfillment of God’s promise. So, the law was dispensational and its dispensation ended when Jesus died on the cross and ushered in grace.

“For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.” (John 1:17)

To be continued
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by AkinwaleJJ(f): 7:45am On Nov 21, 2022
Simple NO! smiley
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Dtruthspeaker: 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Are we supposed to subject ourselves to these laws? If the answer is yes, why did Jesus come? If keeping the Law of Moses was enough to earn righteousness before God, why would God send Jesus?

Your 2 questions are the same.

Answer:

BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE DO NOT LISTEN and you and israel doing the same thing. WHICH IS, YOU PEOPLE NEVER OBEY GOD

Inspite of what God had done for Isreal since the beginning, in destroying the Egyptians for them they were still against Him and resisted Him. Exodus 15:23-26

25 And he cried unto the Lord; and the Lord shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved (Test) them,

26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes,
I will put none of these..

AND THEY NEVER OBEYED GOD!

Exodus 16:28; Exodus 32:9;

David and the kings of Isreal still came and met the disobedience! Psalm 78.

And David warns us to obey The
Commandments Psalm 119.

The prophets came and still warned us to obey The Commandments. Isaiah 1:2-4

2 Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the Lord hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.

3 The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider.

4 Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: THEY HAVE FORSAKEN THE LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.

Jeremiah 13:10
10 This evil people, WHICH REFUSE TO HEAR MY WORDS, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and...

All the way to Christ Who Came and Said this same thing.

Mark 7:8-9
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God[/color], that ye may keep your own...

Ye are keeping your own way and not The Way which God had laid for men to walk before Him.

Thus, Christ came, as the parable of the of the Vineyard tells us Luke 20:9-15. (And they did kill Christ) to be last Messenger and Messiah, Who Warns us to return to the paths of old and

Mathew 19:17
...BUT IF THOU WILT ENTER INTO LIFE, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.

A very clear and direct statement which Christ Verily did Declare with no ambiguity or confusion.
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Your 2 questions are the same.

Answer:

BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE DO NOT LISTEN and you and israel doing the same thing. WHICH IS, YOU PEOPLE NEVER OBEY GOD

Inspite of what God had done for Isreal since the beginning, in destroying the Egyptians for them they were still against Him and resisted Him. Exodus 15:23-26

25 And he cried unto the Lord; and the Lord shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved (Test) them,

26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes,
I will put none of these..

AND THEY NEVER OBEYED GOD!

Exodus 16:28; Exodus 32:9;

David and the kings of Isreal still came and met the disobedience! Psalm 78.

And David warns us to obey The
Commandments Psalm 119.

The prophets came and still warned us to obey The Commandments. Isaiah 1:2-4

2 Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the Lord hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.

3 The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider.

4 Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: THEY HAVE FORSAKEN THE LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.

Jeremiah 13:10
10 This evil people, WHICH REFUSE TO HEAR MY WORDS, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and...

All the way to Christ Who Came and Said this same thing.

Mark 7:8-9
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God[/color], that ye may keep your own...

Ye are keeping your own way and not The Way which God had laid for men to walk before Him.

Thus, Christ came, as the parable of the of the Vineyard tells us Luke 20:9-15. (And they did kill Christ) to be last Messenger and Messiah, Who Warns us to return to the paths of old and

A very clear and direct statement which Christ Verily did Declare with no ambiguity or confusion.

When Christ talked about the weightier matter of the law, he was talking to those under the law. He wasn't talking to the new creation in Christ.

We have a far more superior covenant with better promises. Please, stop taking the church back to a law that has been abolished.

Embrace grace and live a higher life.
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2022
CHAPTER FOUR

Contrast between Abrahamic Covenant and Mosaic Covenant

Before the Jews were given the law, they were under Abrahamic covenant. Abrahamic covenant is covenant that promised an unconditional blessing to the seed of Abraham.

“And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.” (Genesis 22:16-18)

The Mosaic covenant was based on conditional blessing through the giving of the Law;

Deuteronomy 28
1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
7 The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
8 The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
9 The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.
10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.
11 And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
12 The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:
14 And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.
15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that ALL THESE CURSES SHALL COME UPON THEE, and overtake thee:
16 Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.
17 Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.
18 Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
19 Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
20 The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.
21 The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.
22 The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.
23 And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.
24 The LORD shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
25 The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.
26 And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.
27 The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.
28 The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:
29 And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.
30 Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her: thou shalt build an house, and thou shalt not dwell therein: thou shalt plant a vineyard, and shalt not gather the grapes thereof.
31 Thine ox shall be slain before thine eyes, and thou shalt not eat thereof: thine ass shall be violently taken away from before thy face, and shall not be restored to thee: thy sheep shall be given unto thine enemies, and thou shalt have none to rescue them.
32 Thy sons and thy daughters shall be given unto another people, and thine eyes shall look, and fail with longing for them all the day long: and there shall be no might in thine hand.
33 The fruit of thy land, and all thy labours, shall a nation which thou knowest not eat up; and thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed alway:
34 So that thou shalt be mad for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
35 The LORD shall smite thee in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore botch that cannot be healed, from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head.
36 The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone.
37 And thou shalt become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword, among all nations whither the LORD shall lead thee.
38 Thou shalt carry much seed out into the field, and shalt gather but little in; for the locust shall consume it.
39 Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress them, but shalt neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes; for the worms shall eat them.
40 Thou shalt have olive trees throughout all thy coasts, but thou shalt not anoint thyself with the oil; for thine olive shall cast his fruit.
41 Thou shalt beget sons and daughters, but thou shalt not enjoy them; for they shall go into captivity.
42 All thy trees and fruit of thy land shall the locust consume.
43 The stranger that is within thee shall get up above thee very high; and thou shalt come down very low.
44 He shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail.
45 Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee:
46 And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever.
47 Because thou servedst not the LORD thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things;
48 Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in unclothedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.
49 The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;
50 A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young:
51 And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed: which also shall not leave thee either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of thy kine, or flocks of thy sheep, until he have destroyed thee.
52 And he shall besiege thee in all thy gates, until thy high and fenced walls come down, wherein thou trustedst, throughout all thy land: and he shall besiege thee in all thy gates throughout all thy land, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.
53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:
54 So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave:
55 So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.
56 The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter,
57 And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.
58 If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD;
59 Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.
60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee.
61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
62 And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the LORD thy God.
63 And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.
64 And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.
65 And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:
66 And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:
67 In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
68 And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.”

I decided to download the entire passage so that those who assert the church should still keep the Law of Moses can read through and know the implications.

We will cite a few examples of how these covenant played out in God’s dealing with the Jews.

The Jews committed offences under both covenants but they were not punished when the offences where committed under Abrahamic covenant.

“And the whole congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness: And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger. Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no. And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily. And Moses and Aaron said unto all the children of Israel, At even, then ye shall know that the LORD hath brought you out from the land of Egypt: And in the morning, then ye shall see the glory of the LORD; for that he heareth your murmurings against the LORD: and what are we, that ye murmur against us? And Moses said, This shall be, when the LORD shall give you in the evening flesh to eat, and in the morning bread to the full; for that the LORD heareth your murmurings which ye murmur against him: and what are we? your murmurings are not against us, but against the LORD. And Moses spake unto Aaron, Say unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, Come near before the LORD: for he hath heard your murmurings. And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the LORD appeared in the cloud. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God. And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host. And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground. And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat. This is the thing which the LORD hath commanded, Gather of it every man according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents. And the children of Israel did so, and gathered, some more, some less. And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating.” (Exodus 16:2-18)

In this passage, the Jews murmured against Moses and against God. God did not punish them for their murmuring but rather went ahead to attend to their needs. We will see later on that they were punished when they committed similar offences under the Law of Moses.

Remember the Bible says;

“Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.” (Romans 4:15)

Another instance is recorded in Exodus 17:3-6;

“And the people thirsted there for water; and the people murmured against Moses, and said, Wherefore is this that thou hast brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our cattle with thirst? And Moses cried unto the LORD, saying, What shall I do unto this people? they be almost ready to stone me. And the LORD said unto Moses, Go on before the people, and take with thee of the elders of Israel; and thy rod, wherewith thou smotest the river, take in thine hand, and go. Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.”

Now let’s look at what happened to the Jews when they committed similar offences under the Law of Moses;

“And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.” (Numbers 11:1)

You see how murmuring attracted God’s wrath on the Jews under the Law of Moses.
We will look at another instance in Numbers 21:5-6;

“And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread. And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.” (Numbers 21:5-6)

These passages reveal clearly that the Law of Moses was a killer. There is no mercy under the Law of Moses. Is it that kind of Law the church wants to be subject to?
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Dtruthspeaker: 11:26pm On Nov 21, 2022
Ken4Christ:

When Christ talked about the weightier matter of the law,...

Now you have changed post!

Ken4Christ:

We have a far more superior covenant with better promises...

The Superiority of it is that The Same Lord Who gave The Commandments to Moses is The Same One Who Personally came down Himself to Sign and Deliver it to us Again (hope you are not going argue that Jesus isnt The Lord which is why He said "KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS". John 14:15.)

Ken4Christ:

. Please, stop taking the church back to a law that has been abolished.

Embrace grace and live a higher life.

The Lord even clearly and unambiguously Said (knowing that you people would come) that He did not come to abolish The Commandments . Matthew 5:17 yet you say otherwise as Satan told Eve that "they shall not die" whereas God clearly and unambiguously Said "they shall die".
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you have changed post!

The Superiority of it is that The Same Lord Who gave The Commandments to Moses is The Same One Who Personally came down Himself to Sign and Deliver it to us Again (hope you are not going argue that Jesus isnt The Lord which is why He said "KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS". John 14:15.)

The Lord even clearly and unambiguously Said (knowing that you people would come) that He did not come to abolish The Commandments . Matthew 5:17 yet you say otherwise as Satan told Eve that "they shall not die" whereas God clearly and unambiguously Said "they shall die".

Scripture must be interpreted in harmony with other scriptures. They shouldn't contradict themselves.

The scripture cannot say in several passages in the Bible that the law of Moses has been abolished and now use just one verse to counter it.

What Jesus meant by Matthew 5:17 is that he didn't come to arbitrarily abolish the law using his influence as a Son. But he has come to end it in a justified manner. This is the meaning of the word fulfill in this context.

It's just like students writing their final project in fulfillment of their requirement for graduation. After he submits his project, he has fulfilled his requirement and he is free to graduate.

Jesus came to carry out a project. And one of his assignment was to deliver the Jews from the curse of the Law.

This he did when he was made a curse for them on the cross. In addition he met the requirement of the Law which says that the soul that sins shall die.

He took our sins, died for us. He thus fulfilled the law. So the Jews are no longer under obligation to keep them. They have been delivered from it.

The scripture below attest to this truth;

Romans 7:6
But now we are DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Galatians 3:13
Christ hath REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness to every one that believeth.

There are many more scriptures. But let me stop here for now.
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Dtruthspeaker: 12:40am On Nov 23, 2022
Ken4Christ:

The scripture below attest to this truth;

Romans 7:6
But now we are DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Galatians 3:13
Christ hath REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness to every one that believeth.

There are many more scriptures. But let me stop here for now.

You are just turning over yourself for you are still back to Lawyer Paul's letters which I have already shown you in the past does not say what you say it says.

So right now you are being stiffnecked in not heeding the very clear Commandment of Christ Who Said

Exactly as God told Adam "ye shall die" and they did die.
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 9:21am On Nov 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You are just turning over yourself for you are still back to Lawyer Paul's letters which I have already shown you in the past does not say what you say it says.

So right now you are being stiffnecked in not heeding the very clear Commandment of Christ Who Said

Exactly as God told Adam "ye shall die" and they did die.

At the time Christ said that, the New Covenant has not yet been instituted. The New Testament came into force after the death of Christ.
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 9:28am On Nov 23, 2022
CHAPTER FIVE

The Shortcoming of the Law of Moses

1. The Law Brought a Curse on the Jews
“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse (spelt out in Deut. 28:15-68), for it is written cursed be every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of in the book of the law to do them” (Gal. 3:10).

Under the Law of Moses, the Jews got blessed by keeping the law (Deut. 28:1-14) and got cursed for breaking the law (Deut. 28:15-68). History reveals that they couldn't keep the laws and consequently came under the curse. Their inability to keep the laws was because of their carnal nature (Rom. 7:14). It takes a spiritual man to keep a spiritual law.

2. The Law Brought Wrath on the Jews

“Because the law worketh wrath, for where no law is, there is no transgression” (Rom. 4:15). A typical example as mentioned above is recorded in Num. 11:1, where the fire of the Lord was kindled against the Jews when they murmured and complained against Moses. Many of the Jews died. In another instance recorded in Num. 21:5-6, fiery serpents were sent to bite the people when they spoke against God and Moses. In contrast, they were not punished when they committed similar offence under Abrahamic covenant. (Ex. 16:2 & 17:3). There was no mercy under the Law of Moses; sin attracted death penalty under the law. (Heb. 10:28). Stubbornness under the law also attracted death penalty (Deut. 21:18-21). Also if a lady was loses her virginity before marriage and the husband found out, she was stoned to death (Deut. 22:13-21). A young man who gathered sticks on the Sabbath day was not exempted from death penalty (Num. 15:32-36).

“He that despised Moses law died without mercy under two or three witnesses” (Heb. 10:28). “And the commandment which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death” (Rom. 7:14).

When David numbered Israel against God’s will, 70,000 Jews died within a short space of time. (2 Sam. 24). This is why Paul calls the Law, ministry of condemnation and death. (2 Cor. 3:7-9)

3. The Law Made Nothing Perfect.

“For the law made nothing perfect but the bringing in of a better hope did by which we draw nigh unto God” (Heb. 7:19).
If the law made nothing perfect for the Jews and it won't do any better for the church.

4. The Law Made No One Perfect.

“For the law having a shadow of good things to come and not the very image of the things can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect (as pertaining to the conscience)” (Heb. 10:1).

See also Heb. 9:9. What Paul is saying here is that the Old Covenant sacrifices couldn't remove the guilt of sin. So trying to obey the laws will never take away the guilt of sin. Only faith in the blood of Jesus will remove the guilt of sin.

“For if the blood of bulls and goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins” (Heb. 9:13-14, 10:4).

5. The Law Could Not Give Life.

“Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid, for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness would have been by the law. For what the law could not do (produce life), in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin condemned sin in the flesh. And the commandment which was ordained to life I found to be unto death. For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof” (Gal. 3:21, Rom. 8:3, 7:10, Heb. 7:18).

6. The Law Came To Amplify Sin

“What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay I had not known sin but by the law. For I had not known lust except the law had said THOU SHALL NOT COVET. But sin taking occasion by the commandment wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law, sin was dead” (Rom. 7:7-cool

7. The Law Could Not Give The Jews Ability To Live Above Sin.

“For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh. God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin condemned sin in the flesh. For that which I do I allow not, for what I would, that do I not but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing for to will is present in me but how to perform that which is good I find not” (Rom. 8:3, 7:15-18).

8. Under the Law, the Jews Could Not Have Personal Fellowship with God or Approach Him.

“And the LORD said unto Moses. Go down; charge the people lest they break through unto the LORD to gaze and many of them perish. And let the priest also, which come near to the LORD, sanctify themselves, lest the LORD break forth upon them. And Moses said unto the LORD, the people cannot come up to Mount Sinai…..” But into the second (most holy place) went the high priest ALONE once every year…” (Ex.19:21-23, Heb. 9:7).

“And they said unto Moses, speak thou with us, and we will hear, but let not God speak with us lest we die. And the people stood AFAR OFF and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was” (Ex. 20: 19, 21).
9. If You Break One Law, You Have Broken All the Laws

“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all” (James2:10).

There're over 600 laws the Jews had to obey. Deut. 22:5 which most of our churches is using to bring confusion is just one of them. For instance, verse 9 of the same chapter says the Jews shouldn't' plant two different kind of crops on the same farm land. Also, verse 11 says they shouldn't' put on garment of mixed fabrics. How many of those trying to obey Deut. 22:5 keep these other laws? If the New Testament Saints were to live by the Law of Moses, virtually everyone would have been guilty of breaking the law. None of us for instance keeps the law of Sabbath. Even those who worship on Sabbath days are not necessarily keeping it. No form of work was to be done on it. Not even cooking or clean-ups.

10. The Presence of the Law Brought Condemnation to the Gentiles

The presence of the law implied condemnation for the Gentiles because they were excluded from the covenant. The law stood as a wall separating the Jews from the Gentiles. It also led to hostility between both races therefore creating enmity. (Eph. 2:11-16).

Thank God this condemnation is taken away only in Christ;

“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1)

The wall of separation between the Jews and the Gentiles brought by the law had been removed;

“For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.” (Ephesians 2:14-15)

Dtruthspeaker, OkCornel
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by OkCornel(m): 10:03am On Nov 23, 2022
Ken4Christ:
CHAPTER FIVE

The Shortcoming of the Law of Moses

1. The Law Brought a Curse on the Jews
“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse (spelt out in Deut. 28:15-68), for it is written cursed be every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of in the book of the law to do them” (Gal. 3:10).

Under the Law of Moses, the Jews got blessed by keeping the law (Deut. 28:1-14) and got cursed for breaking the law (Deut. 28:15-68). History reveals that they couldn't keep the laws and consequently came under the curse. Their inability to keep the laws was because of their carnal nature (Rom. 7:14). It takes a spiritual man to keep a spiritual law.

2. The Law Brought Wrath on the Jews

“Because the law worketh wrath, for where no law is, there is no transgression” (Rom. 4:15). A typical example as mentioned above is recorded in Num. 11:1, where the fire of the Lord was kindled against the Jews when they murmured and complained against Moses. Many of the Jews died. In another instance recorded in Num. 21:5-6, fiery serpents were sent to bite the people when they spoke against God and Moses. In contrast, they were not punished when they committed similar offence under Abrahamic covenant. (Ex. 16:2 & 17:3). There was no mercy under the Law of Moses; sin attracted death penalty under the law. (Heb. 10:28). Stubbornness under the law also attracted death penalty (Deut. 21:18-21). Also if a lady was loses her virginity before marriage and the husband found out, she was stoned to death (Deut. 22:13-21). A young man who gathered sticks on the Sabbath day was not exempted from death penalty (Num. 15:32-36).

“He that despised Moses law died without mercy under two or three witnesses” (Heb. 10:28). “And the commandment which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death” (Rom. 7:14).

When David numbered Israel against God’s will, 70,000 Jews died within a short space of time. (2 Sam. 24). This is why Paul calls the Law, ministry of condemnation and death. (2 Cor. 3:7-9)

3. The Law Made Nothing Perfect.

“For the law made nothing perfect but the bringing in of a better hope did by which we draw nigh unto God” (Heb. 7:19).
If the law made nothing perfect for the Jews and it won't do any better for the church.

4. The Law Made No One Perfect.

“For the law having a shadow of good things to come and not the very image of the things can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect (as pertaining to the conscience)” (Heb. 10:1).

See also Heb. 9:9. What Paul is saying here is that the Old Covenant sacrifices couldn't remove the guilt of sin. So trying to obey the laws will never take away the guilt of sin. Only faith in the blood of Jesus will remove the guilt of sin.

“For if the blood of bulls and goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins” (Heb. 9:13-14, 10:4).

5. The Law Could Not Give Life.

“Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid, for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness would have been by the law. For what the law could not do (produce life), in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin condemned sin in the flesh. And the commandment which was ordained to life I found to be unto death. For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof” (Gal. 3:21, Rom. 8:3, 7:10, Heb. 7:18).

6. The Law Came To Amplify Sin

“What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay I had not known sin but by the law. For I had not known lust except the law had said THOU SHALL NOT COVET. But sin taking occasion by the commandment wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law, sin was dead” (Rom. 7:7-cool

7. The Law Could Not Give The Jews Ability To Live Above Sin.

“For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh. God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin condemned sin in the flesh. For that which I do I allow not, for what I would, that do I not but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing for to will is present in me but how to perform that which is good I find not” (Rom. 8:3, 7:15-18).

8. Under the Law, the Jews Could Not Have Personal Fellowship with God or Approach Him.

“And the LORD said unto Moses. Go down; charge the people lest they break through unto the LORD to gaze and many of them perish. And let the priest also, which come near to the LORD, sanctify themselves, lest the LORD break forth upon them. And Moses said unto the LORD, the people cannot come up to Mount Sinai…..” But into the second (most holy place) went the high priest ALONE once every year…” (Ex.19:21-23, Heb. 9:7).

“And they said unto Moses, speak thou with us, and we will hear, but let not God speak with us lest we die. And the people stood AFAR OFF and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was” (Ex. 20: 19, 21).
9. If You Break One Law, You Have Broken All the Laws

“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all” (James2:10).

There're over 600 laws the Jews had to obey. Deut. 22:5 which most of our churches is using to bring confusion is just one of them. For instance, verse 9 of the same chapter says the Jews shouldn't' plant two different kind of crops on the same farm land. Also, verse 11 says they shouldn't' put on garment of mixed fabrics. How many of those trying to obey Deut. 22:5 keep these other laws? If the New Testament Saints were to live by the Law of Moses, virtually everyone would have been guilty of breaking the law. None of us for instance keeps the law of Sabbath. Even those who worship on Sabbath days are not necessarily keeping it. No form of work was to be done on it. Not even cooking or clean-ups.

10. The Presence of the Law Brought Condemnation to the Gentiles

The presence of the law implied condemnation for the Gentiles because they were excluded from the covenant. The law stood as a wall separating the Jews from the Gentiles. It also led to hostility between both races therefore creating enmity. (Eph. 2:11-16).

Thank God this condemnation is taken away only in Christ;

“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1)

The wall of separation between the Jews and the Gentiles brought by the law had been removed;

“For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.” (Ephesians 2:14-15)

Dtruthspeaker, OkCornel

What law are we fulfilling through our love for God and our neighbor in Galatians 5 v 14?

Again, please can you show me where exactly Jesus said he came to abolish the law. I’m still waiting for the scriptural reference.

Do you understand the difference between “abolish” and “fulfill”?

Per Matthew 23 v 23, are the weightier matters of God’s law (Justice, mercy and faith) no longer applicable to believers today?

I keep on talking of God’s law, but you’re referring to the Mosaic Law which is just a part of God’s law! Not the entirety of it.
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Dtruthspeaker: 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2022
Ken4Christ:

At the time Christ said that, the New Covenant has not yet been instituted. The New Testament came into force after the death of Christ.

If a new car is given to you and your family and no one uses it, is the car not still new when the Giver of it re-gives it?

When a landlord gives you a house which no one has used, does he not say "it's a new house"?

And even after that statement did He Christ Say "behold, The Law is abolished"?

Rather He Said in the end
Mathew 28:20
... observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:.."

And what was one the things He did Command

There is no way you can twist it, it all ends with Christ saying

...BUT IF THOU WILT ENTER INTO LIFE, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS..
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 10:10pm On Nov 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

If a new car is given to you and your family and no one uses it, is the car not still new when the Giver of it re-gives it?

When a landlord gives you a house which no one has used, does he not say "it's a new house"?

And even after that statement did He Christ Say "behold, The Law is abolished"?

Rather He Said in the end
Mathew 28:20
... observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:.."

And what was one the things He did Command

There is no way you can twist it, it all ends with Christ saying

...BUT IF THOU WILT ENTER INTO LIFE, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS..

Mr Pride. This is the peculiar trend in nairaland. You will never agree even in the face of clear evidences.
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 10:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
CHAPTER SIX

The Church Law of Dress Code Tied To the Law of Moses

“The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.” (Deuteronomy 22:5).

This verse is what most of our present day churches use to regulate the dress code for women in their churches. What is their justification? Why are they subjecting Christian women to a Law that has been abolished? A law that was weak and unprofitable. I believe it is a result of gross ignorance.

The error our church fathers passed on to us is to tell us that the whole Bible is the word of God. The implication of this concept is that everything we see in the Bible is meant for us to live by. This is not consistent with the revelation contained in the New Testament. It is more appropriate to say that the Bible contains God’s word for different dispensation. Paul confirmed this;

“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds.” (Hebrews 1:1-2)

We have proven in a previous chapter that the Law was never part of God’s plan to establish his purpose on earth. It was imposed on the Jews until the time the promise God made to Abraham comes to fulfillment.

When we even look at the said verse critically, it did not even mention trousers. At the time of writing, men wore skirts. Base on the Law, the women should even be charged for committing abomination by putting on skirts. In the Bible days most of the references on skirts are related to men and not women.

“A man shall not take his father's wife, nor discover his father's skirt.” (Deuteronomy 22:30)

“Cursed be he that lieth with his father's wife; because he uncovereth his father's skirt. And all the people shall say, Amen.” (Deuteronomy 27:20)

“And he said, Who art thou? And she answered, I am Ruth thine handmaid: spread therefore thy skirt over thine handmaid; for thou art a near kinsman.” (Ruth 3:9)

“And as Samuel turned about to go away, he laid hold upon the skirt of his mantle, and it rent.” (1 Samuel 15:27)

“And the men of David said unto him, Behold the day of which the LORD said unto thee, Behold, I will deliver thine enemy into thine hand, that thou mayest do to him as it shall seem good unto thee. Then David arose, and cut off the skirt of Saul's robe privily. And it came to pass afterward, that David's heart smote him, because he had cut off Saul's skirt.” (1 Samuel 24:4-5)

“Moreover, my father, see, yea, see the skirt of thy robe in my hand: for in that I cut off the skirt of thy robe, and killed thee not, know thou and see that there is neither evil nor transgression in mine hand, and I have not sinned against thee; yet thou huntest my soul to take it.” (1 Samuel 24:11)

“Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.” (Zechariah 8:23)

“It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments” (Psalms 133:2)

There is not even one reference relating to women wearing skirts in the Old Testament. But I will take for granted that they also wore skirts but sewn differently from men’s skirts.
In the same light trousers which is man’s innovation are not necessarily limited to men. Women have their kind of trousers too. Don’t men tie wrappers which appear to be meant for women? Why have we not called it an abomination?

Why is the church ignoring other laws contained even in the same chapter and stressing only on one verse? There are even some homes in this part of the world women on trousers cannot enter. This is a result of the concept built over the years which most people have believed for too long.

The truth about this issue is so clear that I urge Pastors who have subjected their members to rules of dress code that is linked to the Law of Moses to redress the issue in the light of the New Testament revelation. If you don’t, the Lord will hold you responsible for putting his children under bondage.

You don’t have to put on trousers if you do not share the same conviction with those who do but don’t condemn them for God has received them. I also use this medium to encourage those who put on trousers to be descent as much as possible. Christian women should avoid low waist trousers that reveals their under wears. For detail teaching on this subject, see my book, THE WOMAN QUESTION
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 10:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
CHAPTER SEVEN

Prophecies in the Old Testament That Predicted the End of the Law of Moses

“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.” (Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Prophet Jeremiah said prophetically about a new covenant that will not have anything to do with the Law of Moses. That prophecy is already fulfilled even though Israel as a nation has not yet accepted the gospel because of the spiritual blindness that is on them. This blindness will be removed until God is through with the church age – salvation of the Gentiles;
The last batch of the Gentile world that will be saved will be during the great tribulation when all saints that miss the rapture will suffer persecution to death for their faith in Christ Jesus. The Jews at the middle of the great tribulation will rebel against the anti Christ which they will initially accept as the long awaited Messiah. The rebellion will be as a result of the image of the beast set up for all that dwell on earth to worship. The anti Christ in response will attempt to wipe out the Jewish race. It is at this point the Jews will realize they have been deceived and they will all cry out for help and turn to the Lord. The timely intervention of the Second coming of Christ is what will frustrate the evil intent of the anti Christ.

“For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.” (Romans 11:25-26)

It is the blindness of Israel that paved the way for the salvation of the Gentiles.

“He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” (John 1:11-13)

Let’s look at another prophecy in the book of Psalms;

“Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.” (Psalms 40:6-9)

We all know that the Law of Moses was centered on sacrifices which they offered daily to atone for their sins. But the psalmist by the Spirit of God said, the time will come when the Lord will no longer delight in those sacrifice by reason of the perfect sacrifice he has prepared through the body of Jesus.

Yet another interesting prophecy that talks about priesthood is found in the book of psalms;

“The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.” (Psalms 110:4)

Under the Law of Moses, the tribe of Levi where given the mandate to stand in the office of the priest. The Psalmist however spoke about another priesthood that has nothing to do with the Law of Moses. This is a superior priesthood because it was established by oath. Again, it is an everlasting priesthood.

Paul argued that if the priesthood is changed, then the Law by necessity will also change;

“If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.” (Hebrews 7:11-12)

Prophet Ezekiel even saw the new birth; the transformation that will take place in this new dispensation. A new life that will not require written codes of law; the laws will be written in our hearts and every one that receives this new life will know right from wrong.

“A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.” (Ezekiel 36:26-27)

OkCornel, Dtruthspeaker
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by sonmvayina(m): 7:07am On Nov 24, 2022
Christianity has got nothing to do with Judaism. It is not derived from it. They are two different ideologies and religion. The Christian only super glued their scriptures at the end of the Jewish one....

Just for propaganda and to give it some form of credibility..
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 8:41am On Nov 24, 2022
sonmvayina:
Christianity has got nothing to do with Judaism. It is not derived from it. They are two different ideologies and religion. The Christian only super glued their scriptures at the end of the Jewish one....

Just for propaganda and to give it some form of credibility..

Judaism is tied to the Mosaic covenant while Christianity is tied to the promise God made to Abraham.

However, the Jews are also partakers of the promise God made with Abraham. They are actually supposed to be the first recipient of that promise. But they are being blinded by the Mosaic covenant. But one day, that blindness will be removed and they will be engrafted back into the vine who is Jesus Christ.
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 8:46am On Nov 24, 2022
CHAPTER EIGHT

Proofs That the Law of Moses Has Been Abolished

Scriptures pointing to the end of the Law are too numerous to be ignored. We will look at some of them in this chapter;

“And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which YE COULD NOT BE JUSTIFIED BY THE LAW OF MOSES.” (Acts 13:39)

“For sin shall not have dominion over you: for YE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, but under grace.” (Romans 6:14)

But now we are DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.” (Romans 7:6)

“For Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness to every one that believeth.” (Romans 10:4)

“Christ hath REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” (Galatians 3:13-14)

“But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore THE LAW WAS OUR SCHOOLMASTER to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER A SCHOOLMASTER. ” (Galatians 3:23-25)

“Having ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even the LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.” (Ephesians 2:15)

“BLOTTING OUT the handwriting of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.” (Colossians 2:14)

“For there is verily a DISANNULLING OF THE COMMANDMENT going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.” (Hebrews 7:18)

“For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity A CHANGE ALSO OF THE LAW.” (Hebrews 7:12)

“And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.” (Hebrews 9:15)

“Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, that he may establish the second.” (Hebrews 10:9)

All these scriptures speak for themselves. It will only take a dishonest person to still argue that the law has not ended. Just as we have crooks in the society, we also have spiritual crooks in the church who will twist the scriptures to their own destruction.

Dtruthspeaker, OkCornel
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by OkCornel(m): 8:51am On Nov 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:
CHAPTER EIGHT

Proofs That the Law of Moses Has Been Abolished

Scriptures pointing to the end of the Law are too numerous to be ignored. We will look at some of them in this chapter;

“And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which YE COULD NOT BE JUSTIFIED BY THE LAW OF MOSES.” (Acts 13:39)

“For sin shall not have dominion over you: for YE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, but under grace.” (Romans 6:14)

But now we are DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.” (Romans 7:6)

“For Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness to every one that believeth.” (Romans 10:4)

“Christ hath REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” (Galatians 3:13-14)

“But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore THE LAW WAS OUR SCHOOLMASTER to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER A SCHOOLMASTER. ” (Galatians 3:23-25)

“Having ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even the LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.” (Ephesians 2:15)

“BLOTTING OUT the handwriting of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.” (Colossians 2:14)

“For there is verily a DISANNULLING OF THE COMMANDMENT going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.” (Hebrews 7:18)

“For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity A CHANGE ALSO OF THE LAW.” (Hebrews 7:12)

“And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.” (Hebrews 9:15)

“Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, that he may establish the second.” (Hebrews 10:9)

All these scriptures speak for themselves. It will only take a dishonest person to still argue that the law has not ended. Just as we have crooks in the society, we also have spiritual crooks in the church who will twist the scriptures to their own destruction.

Dtruthspeaker, OkCornel

Are the weightier matters of God’s law (Justice, mercy and faith) no longer applicable to the Church?

Yes or No.
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 9:07am On Nov 24, 2022
OkCornel:

Are the weightier matters of God’s law (Justice, mercy and faith) no longer applicable to the Church?

Yes or No.

I have no business to do with shadows when the reality has come.

Hebrews 10:1 For the LAW HAVING A SHADOW OF GOOD THINGS TO COME, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by OkCornel(m): 11:33am On Nov 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:

I have no business to do with shadows when the reality has come.

Hebrews 10:1 For the LAW HAVING A SHADOW OF GOOD THINGS TO COME, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect

Oh, so the Law of God is a shadow?

The kingdom of God has no laws to govern its citizens?

Mehn, you still have a lot to figure out.

Why do you always default to the Mosaic Law when I speak of God’s Law?

1 Like

Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 9:17am On Nov 25, 2022
CHAPTER NINE

What about the Ten Commandments?

This is the question some of the skeptics ask. If we say the Law of Moses has ended, does it mean we don’t need to keep the Ten Commandment anymore?

This was the same question Paul asked; “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” (Romans 3:31)

He went on to explain what it means for the law to be established;

“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.” (Romans 13:8-10)

When you walk in love, you will not steal, kill or commit adultery.

The New Testament standard is even higher that the requirement of the Ten Commandment. For instance, the Ten Commandment says, we should not kill but the New Testament says anyone that hates his brother is a murderer.

“Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.” (1 John 3:15)

The Ten Commandment says, do not commit adultery but the New Testament says, anyone that lust after a woman in his heart has already committed adultery;

“Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.” (Matthew 5:27-28)

Grace did not water down the standard of God, rather it lifted up.

What about the law of Sabbath? Why are churches not worshiping on Sabbath days with the exception of the Seventh Day Adventist and a few others?

Let’s look at what the word of God has to say on this;

“One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. …” (Romans 14:5-6)

Paul says here that there are no more special days in the eyes of the Lord. You can make any day special to you as long as you do it to the glory of the Lord. If someone even decides that he wants to make Friday his special worship day, go ahead.

To the Colossians, he wrote;

“Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.” (Colossians 2:16-17)

No one has a right to judge the believer in respect of Sabbath days. If any church decides to stick to Saturday as a worship day, they can do so on other ground other than the Law of Moses. If they do so based on the Law of Moses, they will be obliged to keep all the Laws. And that is as good as putting you in bondage again.

“Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.” (Galatians 5:1)

Dtruthspeaker, OkCornel
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by OkCornel(m): 9:44am On Nov 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:
CHAPTER NINE

What about the Ten Commandments?

This is the question some of the skeptics ask. If we say the Law of Moses has ended, does it mean we don’t need to keep the Ten Commandment anymore?

This was the same question Paul asked; “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” (Romans 3:31)

He went on to explain what it means for the law to be established;

“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.” (Romans 13:8-10)

When you walk in love, you will not steal, kill or commit adultery.

The New Testament standard is even higher that the requirement of the Ten Commandment. For instance, the Ten Commandment says, we should not kill but the New Testament says anyone that hates his brother is a murderer.

“Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.” (1 John 3:15)

The Ten Commandment says, do not commit adultery but the New Testament says, anyone that lust after a woman in his heart has already committed adultery;

“Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.” (Matthew 5:27-28)

Grace did not water down the standard of God, rather it lifted up.

What about the law of Sabbath? Why are churches not worshiping on Sabbath days with the exception of the Seventh Day Adventist and a few others?

Let’s look at what the word of God has to say on this;

“One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. …” (Romans 14:5-6)

Paul says here that there are no more special days in the eyes of the Lord. You can make any day special to you as long as you do it to the glory of the Lord. If someone even decides that he wants to make Friday his special worship day, go ahead.

To the Colossians, he wrote;

“Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.” (Colossians 2:16-17)

No one has a right to judge the believer in respect of Sabbath days. If any church decides to stick to Saturday as a worship day, they can do so on other ground other than the Law of Moses. If they do so based on the Law of Moses, they will be obliged to keep all the Laws. And that is as good as putting you in bondage again.

“Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.” (Galatians 5:1)

Dtruthspeaker, OkCornel

Please don’t quote me if you can’t tell the Mosaic Law is just a part/subset of God’s law.

You can’t live a lawless life and make it into the kingdom.

You can’t preach that the weightier matters of God’s law (Justice, Mercy & Faith) no longer apply to believers.

That’s just falsehood!
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2022
OkCornel:

Please don’t quote me if you can’t tell the Mosaic Law is just a part/subset of God’s law.

You can’t live a lawless life and make it into the kingdom.

You can’t preach that the weightier matters of God’s law (Justice, Mercy & Faith) no longer apply to believers.

That’s just falsehood!

Grace does not imply lawlessness. Rather, it supplies the power to live right.

The teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles are more than enough to guide our daily lives.
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 2:12pm On Nov 26, 2022
CHAPTER TEN

Dangers of Still Trying To Obey the Law of Moses

1. You must be ready to be judged by the law. “...and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law. For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified” (Rom. 2:12-13)

2. You make yourself a transgressor. “For if I build again the things which I destroy, I make myself a transgressor” (Gal. 2:18). Those still trying to obey Deut. 22:5 are committing a grave sin (Gal.2:17).

3. You frustrate (hinder) the grace of God.
“I do not frustrate the grace of God, for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ died in vain. And if by grace, then it is not of works (law), otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works (law), then it is no more grace, otherwise work is no more work” (Gal. 2:21, Rom.11:6)

Every gift (blessing) we receive in this new dispensation comes through the vehicle of God's grace. So, if you insist on obeying the law, you cut yourself off from the blessings of God. Signs and wonders will be hindered from manifesting in your life and ministry the way they should because they operate by the grace of God through faith.

“Having then gift differing according to the grace….” (Rom. 12:6).

“He therefore that ministereth to you in the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth it by the works of the law or by the hearing of faith?” (Gal. 3:5).

4. Christ will profit you nothing (Gal. 5:2). Christ here also represents the anointing. You'll not be able to put the anointing in you to work. You'll just be like a mere man having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof.

5. You are invariably saying that Christ died in vain (Gal.2:21). If keeping the Law of Moses is what is needed to become righteous, there was no use Jesus dying. But the law couldn't produce righteousness hence the death of Jesus.

6. You'll enslave yourself again. You'll be indebted to keep the whole law (Gal. 5:3).

7. You'll live sin conscious. This is the reason so many believers are always asking for forgiveness even when they had done nothing wrong. Their first prayer point in any gathering is always asking for forgiveness. God wants us to be righteousness conscious. Righteousness consciousness gives you the ability to stand before God without any sense of guilt, condemnation or inferiority complex.

8. Living by the law will blind your hearts and your minds to see some truths that will put you over in life. The Jews who rejected Jesus as their Messiah and preferred to hold on to the Law of Moses are currently suffering from spiritual blindness (Rom. 11:25)

“But their minds were blinded for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the Old Testament, which veil is done away in Christ” (2 Cor. 3:14).

9. You'll not be able to reflect the glory of God nor enter into the glory of His presence. The glory of the Old Testament fades away (2 Cor. 3:7-11). “But we all with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord are changed into the same image from glory to glory even as by the Spirit of the Lord” ( 2 Cor. 3:18).

10. Your Blessing will be tied to your obedience to keeping the law. Under the Law of Moses, you can't claim any of God's promises by faith. According to Deut. 28:1-14, the blessing will follow if you keep all that is written in the law. That was the same thing God told Joshua in verse 8 of the first chapter - he must observe to do according to all that is written in the book of the law before his ways can be prosperous. In the New Testament, your blessing is connected to your faith - according to your faith, be it unto you. So, it is not a function of what you do or don't do but what you believe. That doesn't mean you can consistently live in sin and expect to be blessed. But thank God that we have a right to ask for forgiveness if we sin and still go ahead to enjoy God's blessing by faith (1 John 1:9). James statement in chapter 5, verse 15 clearly illustrates this he says that the prayer of faith shall save the sick and even if he has committed sin, it will be forgiven him. This means, his sin will not be a hindrance to his receiving his miracle. But it is important he lives right if he has to retain it.

11. You'll bring yourself under a curse

“For as many as are of the works of the law (including Deut. 22:5) are under the curse; for it is written, cursed is every one that does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them” (Gal. 3:10).

Paul was quoting Deut. 27:26. The number of curses the Jews stood the risk of having for not keeping the law is listed in Deut. 28:16-68, about four times the number of blessings (verse 1-14) in the same chapter.

12. You'll not be justified before God.
“Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ , and not by the works of the law, for by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified.” (Gal. 2:16).

Again Gal. 3:11 adds, “But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident for the just shall live by faith” In the sight of men your religious outfit might justify you but not before God who looks into the hearts. Nobody has a right to bring any charge against God's elect. It is God that justifies (Rom. 8:33).
“Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday or of a new moon, or of the Sabbath days or of Deut. 22:5” Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances (laws). Touch not, taste not, handle not, (wear not), which are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men” (Col. 2:16,20-22).
The law is also referred to as the letter that kills;
“But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held, that we should serve in newness of the spirit and not in the oldness of the letter (law). For the letter (law) killeth but the spirit giveth life” (Rom. 7:6, 2 Cor. 3:6b).

Other negative synonyms used for the law are; the flesh (Rom. 8:1), dead works (Heb. 6:1), ministry of death and condemnation (2Cor. 3:7, 9) and carnal commandment (Heb. 7:16). Apostle Paul also calls the law a yoke of bondage in Gal. 5:1 while in Gal. 4:9, he calls it weak and beggarly elements.

CHAPTER ELEVEN
What Relevant Does The Old Testament Have To The Church Today?

1. Not all the content of the Old Testament refers to the law but it does contain the law. For instance, we have the Psalms of David which is not necessarily an injunction given to the Jews to live by they are collections of songs. We also have the book of Proverbs and the Prophets. Besides, not all the contents of the five books of Moses that contains the Law directly refer to dos and don'ts. The law started with Moses in the wilderness. Abraham was not under the law. So the Old Testament contains wealth of information that is still useful to us.

2. By understanding God's dealings with the Old Testament Saints, we can understand his ways and his acts and appreciate Him better. For instance, we understand God’s judgment through the incidence of the destruction of the first world with flood and also that of Sodom and Gomorrah that were destroyed by fire.
God’s power was also unveiled in the Old Testament when he delivered the Jews from Egypt with mighty signs and wonders. His faithfulness was also show cased when Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego were not consumed in the burning flame.

3.There're also several lessons we can learn from great heroes of faith and the exploits they did, such as men like David, Samson, Elijah, just to mention a few.
The fight of David and Goliath conveys a lot of message. Your victory in life has more to do with your faith than your physical muscles.
4. The Old Testament also contains some
statements of facts which have not changed even though the law has ended. For instance, a statement like “…for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. (Leviticus 17:11)” has not changed in principle but cleansing in the New Testament is obtained by a better sacrifice; the precious blood of Jesus (Heb. 9:12, 10:19).

5. Several promises in the Old Testament are still relevant to us. But the good news is this; the New Testament has better promises. For instance, the Old Testament promises us divine healing but in the New Testament, we're not only recipient of divine healing but we can also minister healings to others.

“But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.” (Hebrews 8:6)

6. The fulfillment of a lot of Prophecies in the Old Testament in our days has helped to strengthen our faith in the Word of God. If we didn't have the Old Testament to make reference to, we'll not have a basis for most of our claims and the skeptics will have a right to contest them.

The prophecies concerning Christ in particular live no one with any doubt that he is the Messiah. The manner of his birth was prophesied. Even the exact date of his death was also predicted.

We should however know where to draw the line between the Old Testament and the New. Any revelation in the former that is not consistent with that of the latter must be discarded. For example, Ex. 22:18 says, “thou shall not suffer a witch to live.” A lot of
Christians have erroneously used this scripture to pray 'fall and die' prayer against their enemies. But in the New Testament, we are told to cast out devils and not to kill witches. We deal with the spirits and not the person. “For we Wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places” (Eph. 6:12). A good illustration was when Apostle Paul cast out the devil in a young lady that was possessed with the spirit of divination. Paul did not kill the young lady even though she was as good as a witch.

Our Lord Jesus also taught us about the new way of life we should follow in Matt. 5:33-48. He taught us not to swear anymore, and also not to retaliate and bless our enemies. These teachings which are hinged on love are the foundation for true Christian living.

OKCornel, Dtruthspeaker
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by OkCornel(m): 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:
CHAPTER TEN

Dangers of Still Trying To Obey the Law of Moses

1. You must be ready to be judged by the law. “...and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law. For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified” (Rom. 2:12-13)

2. You make yourself a transgressor. “For if I build again the things which I destroy, I make myself a transgressor” (Gal. 2:18). Those still trying to obey Deut. 22:5 are committing a grave sin (Gal.2:17).

3. You frustrate (hinder) the grace of God.
“I do not frustrate the grace of God, for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ died in vain. And if by grace, then it is not of works (law), otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works (law), then it is no more grace, otherwise work is no more work” (Gal. 2:21, Rom.11:6)

Every gift (blessing) we receive in this new dispensation comes through the vehicle of God's grace. So, if you insist on obeying the law, you cut yourself off from the blessings of God. Signs and wonders will be hindered from manifesting in your life and ministry the way they should because they operate by the grace of God through faith.

“Having then gift differing according to the grace….” (Rom. 12:6).

“He therefore that ministereth to you in the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth it by the works of the law or by the hearing of faith?” (Gal. 3:5).

4. Christ will profit you nothing (Gal. 5:2). Christ here also represents the anointing. You'll not be able to put the anointing in you to work. You'll just be like a mere man having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof.

5. You are invariably saying that Christ died in vain (Gal.2:21). If keeping the Law of Moses is what is needed to become righteous, there was no use Jesus dying. But the law couldn't produce righteousness hence the death of Jesus.

6. You'll enslave yourself again. You'll be indebted to keep the whole law (Gal. 5:3).

7. You'll live sin conscious. This is the reason so many believers are always asking for forgiveness even when they had done nothing wrong. Their first prayer point in any gathering is always asking for forgiveness. God wants us to be righteousness conscious. Righteousness consciousness gives you the ability to stand before God without any sense of guilt, condemnation or inferiority complex.

8. Living by the law will blind your hearts and your minds to see some truths that will put you over in life. The Jews who rejected Jesus as their Messiah and preferred to hold on to the Law of Moses are currently suffering from spiritual blindness (Rom. 11:25)

“But their minds were blinded for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the Old Testament, which veil is done away in Christ” (2 Cor. 3:14).

9. You'll not be able to reflect the glory of God nor enter into the glory of His presence. The glory of the Old Testament fades away (2 Cor. 3:7-11). “But we all with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord are changed into the same image from glory to glory even as by the Spirit of the Lord” ( 2 Cor. 3:18).

10. Your Blessing will be tied to your obedience to keeping the law. Under the Law of Moses, you can't claim any of God's promises by faith. According to Deut. 28:1-14, the blessing will follow if you keep all that is written in the law. That was the same thing God told Joshua in verse 8 of the first chapter - he must observe to do according to all that is written in the book of the law before his ways can be prosperous. In the New Testament, your blessing is connected to your faith - according to your faith, be it unto you. So, it is not a function of what you do or don't do but what you believe. That doesn't mean you can consistently live in sin and expect to be blessed. But thank God that we have a right to ask for forgiveness if we sin and still go ahead to enjoy God's blessing by faith (1 John 1:9). James statement in chapter 5, verse 15 clearly illustrates this he says that the prayer of faith shall save the sick and even if he has committed sin, it will be forgiven him. This means, his sin will not be a hindrance to his receiving his miracle. But it is important he lives right if he has to retain it.

11. You'll bring yourself under a curse

“For as many as are of the works of the law (including Deut. 22:5) are under the curse; for it is written, cursed is every one that does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them” (Gal. 3:10).

Paul was quoting Deut. 27:26. The number of curses the Jews stood the risk of having for not keeping the law is listed in Deut. 28:16-68, about four times the number of blessings (verse 1-14) in the same chapter.

12. You'll not be justified before God.
“Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ , and not by the works of the law, for by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified.” (Gal. 2:16).

Again Gal. 3:11 adds, “But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident for the just shall live by faith” In the sight of men your religious outfit might justify you but not before God who looks into the hearts. Nobody has a right to bring any charge against God's elect. It is God that justifies (Rom. 8:33).
“Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday or of a new moon, or of the Sabbath days or of Deut. 22:5” Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances (laws). Touch not, taste not, handle not, (wear not), which are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men” (Col. 2:16,20-22).
The law is also referred to as the letter that kills;
“But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held, that we should serve in newness of the spirit and not in the oldness of the letter (law). For the letter (law) killeth but the spirit giveth life” (Rom. 7:6, 2 Cor. 3:6b).

Other negative synonyms used for the law are; the flesh (Rom. 8:1), dead works (Heb. 6:1), ministry of death and condemnation (2Cor. 3:7, 9) and carnal commandment (Heb. 7:16). Apostle Paul also calls the law a yoke of bondage in Gal. 5:1 while in Gal. 4:9, he calls it weak and beggarly elements.

CHAPTER ELEVEN
What Relevant Does The Old Testament Have To The Church Today?

1. Not all the content of the Old Testament refers to the law but it does contain the law. For instance, we have the Psalms of David which is not necessarily an injunction given to the Jews to live by they are collections of songs. We also have the book of Proverbs and the Prophets. Besides, not all the contents of the five books of Moses that contains the Law directly refer to dos and don'ts. The law started with Moses in the wilderness. Abraham was not under the law. So the Old Testament contains wealth of information that is still useful to us.

2. By understanding God's dealings with the Old Testament Saints, we can understand his ways and his acts and appreciate Him better. For instance, we understand God’s judgment through the incidence of the destruction of the first world with flood and also that of Sodom and Gomorrah that were destroyed by fire.
God’s power was also unveiled in the Old Testament when he delivered the Jews from Egypt with mighty signs and wonders. His faithfulness was also show cased when Shedrach, Meshach and Abednego were not consumed in the burning flame.

3.There're also several lessons we can learn from great heroes of faith and the exploits they did, such as men like David, Samson, Elijah, just to mention a few.
The fight of David and Goliath conveys a lot of message. Your victory in life has more to do with your faith than your physical muscles.
4. The Old Testament also contains some
statements of facts which have not changed even though the law has ended. For instance, a statement like “…for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. (Leviticus 17:11)” has not changed in principle but cleansing in the New Testament is obtained by a better sacrifice; the precious blood of Jesus (Heb. 9:12, 10:19).

5. Several promises in the Old Testament are still relevant to us. But the good news is this; the New Testament has better promises. For instance, the Old Testament promises us divine healing but in the New Testament, we're not only recipient of divine healing but we can also minister healings to others.

“But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.” (Hebrews 8:6)

6. The fulfillment of a lot of Prophecies in the Old Testament in our days has helped to strengthen our faith in the Word of God. If we didn't have the Old Testament to make reference to, we'll not have a basis for most of our claims and the skeptics will have a right to contest them.

The prophecies concerning Christ in particular live no one with any doubt that he is the Messiah. The manner of his birth was prophesied. Even the exact date of his death was also predicted.

We should however know where to draw the line between the Old Testament and the New. Any revelation in the former that is not consistent with that of the latter must be discarded. For example, Ex. 22:18 says, “thou shall not suffer a witch to live.” A lot of
Christians have erroneously used this scripture to pray 'fall and die' prayer against their enemies. But in the New Testament, we are told to cast out devils and not to kill witches. We deal with the spirits and not the person. “For we Wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places” (Eph. 6:12). A good illustration was when Apostle Paul cast out the devil in a young lady that was possessed with the spirit of divination. Paul did not kill the young lady even though she was as good as a witch.

Our Lord Jesus also taught us about the new way of life we should follow in Matt. 5:33-48. He taught us not to swear anymore, and also not to retaliate and bless our enemies. These teachings which are hinged on love are the foundation for true Christian living.

OKCornel, Dtruthspeaker

Why do you keep limiting God’s law to the Mosaic Law?!

Are the laws God gave Noah and his sons in Genesis 9 also pointless?

Or the instructions given to the Gentile church by the Apostles in Acts 15 no longer applicable?!

Are the weightier matters of God’s law (Justice, Mercy and Faith) no longer applicable today?

What of the Law of Christ in Galatians 6 v 2?

Again, why do you keep limiting Gods law to the customary requirements of the Mosaic Law?!

You can’t be lawless and claim to a believer in Christ.

“Depart from me you workers of LAWLESSNESS” - Does this word of Christ ring a bell?!
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 7:00am On Nov 29, 2022
CHAPTER TWELVE

What Did Christ Meant When He Said He Did Not Come To Destroy The Law?

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy the law but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you. Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled” (Matt. 5:17-18)

The misinterpretation of this scripture is another reason for this controversy. The word fulfill in this context to so many Christian means that Jesus came to enforce the law. It's absurd to think that our Lord Jesus came to enforce the law when His mission was to put away the first covenant that He might establish the second (New Testament).

In addition, so many Christians find it difficult to reconcile the assertion that the law has ended when Jesus said he did not come to destroy the law. To destroy the law means to arbitrarily annul the law without following the due process of law.

The word 'fulfill' according to the Webster Dictionary has manifold meaning under- listed depending on the context it is used.

To carry out a promise.
To obey a law or command.
To satisfy a prayer or desire.
To accomplish or complete a task.
To answer a purpose.
To comply with conditions.
To prove true a prophecy
To realize a destiny.

We'll take each of this meaning, analyze it, and attempt to correlate it with its usage in Matt. 5:17 as well as other related scriptures.

1. To Carry out a Promise.

Was there any promise under the law or the prophets that Jesus came to carry out? The book of the law refers to the first 5 books in the Bible; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. These books are also known as the book of Moses that contains the laws of Moses which actually started with the 10 commandments in Exodus, chapter 20. The prophets are all the prophetic books from the book of Isaiah through to the book of Malachi.

In Genesis 12:2-3, God made a 7-fold promise to Abraham and the last of the promise is of particular interest in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed. How were all the families of the earth going to be blessed when he had no child as at the time of the promise? God made the promise clearer in Gen. 22:18,
“And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed….” Apostle Paul revealed to us in his letter that the seed God talked about is Christ (Gal. 3:16). Christ in this context refers to both Jesus and the church. This promise came to fulfillment through faith and not by the Law of Moses (Rom. 4:13).

Matt 5:17 can be paraphrased thus,

“Think not that I am come to end the law or the prophets unjustly, but to carry out the promise God made to Abraham, contained in the book of the law. For assuredly I say to you, you (the Jews) must still obey all that the law commands until the promise comes into effect.”

And this promise came into effect with the death of Jesus,

“For a testament is of force after men are dead, otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth” (Heb. 9:17).

There're several other promises (which of course are a result of the Abrahamic covenant) contained in the Old Testament that were literally fulfilled by Christ. Isaiah 53:4-5 was confirmed as been fulfilled by Matt. 8:17 and 1 Pet. 2:24. The scope of this book will not permit us to list many other scriptures that were fulfilled by Christ. Now that these scriptures are fulfilled, the Jews are no longer under obligation to keep the Law of Moses. So, if the Jews that were given the law are no longer obliged to keep it, then Christian Women shouldn't' be made to feel guilty by not keeping the law of dress code as contained in Deut. 22:5.

2. To Obey a Law or Command.

This definition seems to agree with those who assert that Christ came to enforce our obedience to the law. As mentioned in the introductory chapter, scripture must be interpreted in harmony with other scriptures and should not be used to win an argument. If Christ came to enforce the law, He would have permitted the woman caught in the very act of adultery to be stoned to death when her accusers brought her to Him. (John 8:3-11). On the contrary His ministry came under intense criticism for His none adherence to the Law of Moses. “And they watched him whether he would heal on a Sabbath day that they might accuse him” (Mark 3:2). Jesus questioned, “Is it lawful to do good on the Sabbath days or to do evil? to save life or to kill? (Mark 3:4). The Jews adhered to the law of Sabbath to the point that a sick person will be denied medical attention just because they wanted to keep the law. “The Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath, therefore the Son of man is also Lord of the Sabbath” (Mark 2:27-28). Jesus is saying here that He himself is not subject to the law. He was not born of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man but of God. He however did not use this privilege to dishonour the law but rather used it as an opportunity to do good. In Luke 13:15, 14:5, Jesus remarked, “Thou hypocrite, does not each one of you on the Sabbath day loose his ox or ass from the stall and lead him away to watering? Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the Sabbath day?” The Christian Woman who also has received the life of Christ is not subject to any law.
“Knowing that the law is not made for the righteous man…..” (1 Tim. 1:9). So the word fulfill in the context used in Matt. 5:17 does not mean to obey a law or command as many Christians had hitherto believed.

3. To Satisfy a Prayer or Desire.

It was the desire of the prophets of old to see the day of Christ but so many couldn't. “Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you….and the glory that should follow” (1 Pet. 1:10-11). Jesus remarked that Abraham looked forward to His days and he saw it and was glad (John 8:56). So, He came as an answer to the desires of the Old Testament Saints even though many could not recognize him even up till this moment. “……blindness in part is happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved….” (Rom. 11:25-26).

4. To Accomplish or Complete a Task
Jesus was a man on a mission and he completed his task. On the cross, He exclaimed, “it is finished”. He came to take away the first covenant that He may establish the second (Heb.10:9). “And for this cause he is the mediator of the New Testament that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgression that were under the first testament…..” (Heb. 9:15). The Jews under the law have been redeemed as emphasized in the previous chapter. No Christian Woman should be made subject to any law of dress code contained in the Law of Moses.
“Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why as though living in the world are ye subject to ordinances (rules, laws)” ( Col. 2:20 ).

5. To Answer a Purpose.

The ultimate goal of God is to establish His Kingdom on earth which will be ruled and governed by His principle and not by the laws of Moses which was weak, unprofitable and faulty (Gal. 4:9, Heb.7:18, 8:7). Jesus came to bring many sons unto glory (Heb. 2:10). He came that we might have life and have it more abundantly (John 10:10). The Law of Moses couldn't give life. Trying to obey Deut.22:5 will not make you any more righteous. “…they have no effect when it comes to conquering a person's evil thoughts and desires” (Col. 2:23, New Living Translation).

6. To Comply With Conditions

Jesus came to deliver the Jews from the curse of the law and the Gentile from the condemnation of the law. The Jews came under the curse (Deut. 28:15-68) because they couldn't keep the law (Gal. 3:10). The presence of the law brought condemnation to the Gentiles because they weren't included- they were strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world (Eph. 2:12). But it must be done in such a way that God will not be unjust to Satan, mankind or Himself. There're conditions to be met. No short cuts. The wages of sin is death declares Rom. 6:23. Blood must be shed, “…it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul” (Lev 17:11). “…without the shedding of blood there is no remission” (Heb. 9:22). Satan tempted Jesus to avoid the cross. “…all the power will I give thee, and the glory of them for that is delivered unto me, and to whomsoever I will , I give it” (Luke 4:6).
If Jesus hadn't died and instructed the Jews to stop obeying the law, then the law would have been said to be destroyed. “Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven, but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the Law till all be fulfilled” (Matt. 5:19,18). So the law was to be in place until it was fulfilled (its requirements met). For instance, when a student submits his project work in partial fulfillment of his requirement for graduation, he is free to graduate and move on to the next level of study if he so wishes. Jesus also completed His Project Work, met the conditions needed for the abolition of the law. In John 19:30, Jesus said, “it is finished”. The price has been paid.
“Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God” (Rom. 7:4).

The other meanings, TO PROVE TRUE A PROPHECY and TO REALIZE A DESTINY are different terms used to explain what has just been discussed in the analyses of the other meanings at No 4 and 5 respectively and their separate analyses will be unnecessary.

So, Jesus did not come to uphold the Law of Moses. His sacrificial death did what the law could not do. “For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who work not after the flesh but after the Spirit” (Rom. 8:3-4). The law told the Jews what to do but didn't give them the ability to do them. But Jesus gave us Eternal Life when he was raised up from the dead. Now, we have the very nature of God in us - Love.
“For the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost he has given us” (Rom. 5:5)

“For this, thou shalt not commit adultery, thou shall not kill, thou shall not steal, and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, thou shall love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour, therefore, love is the fulfilling of the law” (Rom. 13:9-10).

In addition, Gal. 5:22-23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace…against such there is no law. “If ye are led of the Spirit ye are not under the law” (Gal. 5:18). We're therefore not under obligation to do the law, including Deut. 22:5. Those who try to impose Deut. 22:5 on Christian Women are ignorant of God's righteousness and are going about to establish their own righteousness instead of submitting to the righteousness of God (Rom. 10:3)

“For we are the circumcision which worship God in the Spirit and rejoice in Christ Jesus and have no confidence in the flesh (law). And be found in Him not having my own righteousness, which is of the law but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith” (Phil. 3:3&9).

NOTE: Some of the contents of this book are taken from my book, THE WOMAN QUESTION.

OkCornel, DTruthspeaker
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 7:08am On Nov 29, 2022
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Jesus Laid the Foundation for the New Testament Church

“And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone” (Ephesians 2:20)

The foundation Paul is talking about here is doctrinal foundation and not a physical block.
The church ought to be built around the teachings of Jesus and his Apostles. If we all stick to doctrines of Christ and his Apostles, we will have little or no controversy in the body of Christ today.

The challenge we are having is that most of our churches are still basing some of their doctrines on the Law of Moses and some statements in the Old Testament.
Apostle Paul placed a curse on anyone that deviates from his teachings.

“I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.” (Galatians 1:6-9)

A gospel that takes people back to the Law of Moses is a perverted gospel. This was the focus of Paul in the book of Galatians. The Jews were still insisting that people still need to be circumcised as Moses commanded. Apostle Paul tried to persuade them through rhetoric questions that their salvation and spiritual blessings they received has no connection with the Law of Moses.

“This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?” (Galatians 3:2-5)

Paul suffered much persecution for preaching the gospel of grace. They followed him everywhere and stirred up the crowd against him several times. There are even those who vowed that they will neither eat nor drink until they have killed Paul.

“And when it was day, certain of the Jews banded together, and bound themselves under a curse, saying that they would neither eat nor drink till they had killed Paul.” (Acts 23:12)

However Paul escaped their plot. Religious people are murderers. They were the one that killed Jesus. They are still killing today through all forms of prayers which are not scriptural. The basis of those forms of prayers also has its root in the Law of Moses. Paul says;

“Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.” (2 Corinthians 3:5-6)

Here the law is called letter that kills. No wonder those who dwell on the Law also have a murderous spirit.

He further calls the law, ministry of death and condemnation;

“But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.” (2 Corinthians 3:7-9)

The New Testament is referred to as the ministry of the Spirit.

Our Lord Jesus through his Sermon on the Mount revealed a new way of living to us different from what is contained and practiced under the Law of Moses. These teaching ought to be the foundational doctrine for the church. Ironically, most of our ministers still prefer to follow the Law of Moses and despise the teachings of Jesus.

Let’s look at some of his teachings;

“Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.” (Matthew 5:38-45)

One of the instructions that is of particular interest is verse 44 which admonishes us to love our enemies and pray for them. Those who specialize in their fall and die form of prayers obviously cannot practice this verse. I even heard a minister on TV say that Christ did not give us prayer point for our enemies. So, the prayer could go either way. This is a lie from the pit of hell. The terms Christ used lives no doubt of the intention of the message.

It’s unfortunate that followers also follow without questioning. If you are led astray by any minister, don’t blame that minister. You have a responsibility to study the Bible for yourself. This was the habit of the Berea church in the book of Acts.

“These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.” (Acts 17:11)

Finally, Paul warned that those who build on the foundation laid should be careful how they build. He is talking about doctrine here;

“According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.” (1 Corinthians 3:10-15)

He emphasized that our works will be tried by fire. If it passes, you will receive a reward, if it is burned, you will lose your reward.
Your success therefore as a minster is not the amount of crowd you gather. If the crowd you gather is a result of deceptive teachings, you are planning to fail no matter how people commend you on earth.

James warned that teachers are going to be judged more strictly;

“My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation” (James 3:1)

The Weymouth’s New Testament translation puts it this way;

“Do not be eager, my brethren, for many among you to become teachers; for you know that we teachers shall undergo severer judgement.” (James 3:1)

We are in the last days. Scripture must be fulfilled.

“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.” (1 Timothy 4:1)

“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.” (2 Timothy 4:3)

Titus was exhorted by Paul to teach only sound doctrine;

“But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine” (Titus 2:1)

May the Spirit of God guide us into all truth as we yield ourselves to his teachings so that we will no longer be children tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine in Jesus name, Amen.

OKCornel, DTruthspeaker
Re: Is The Church Under The Law Of Moses By Ken Macaulay - Complete Book by Ken4Christ: 7:10am On Nov 29, 2022
Other eBooks Links on Amazon by Ken Macaulay

The Woman Question - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F0WX4RO

Dangerous Prayer Languages -
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9WOT7Y

Scripture Guide to Praying Right - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9U3D7I

Scripture Keys to Prosperity - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9U6794

Scripture Keys to Divine Health - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9UFNNU

The Shield of Faith –
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9YM7ZI

Daily Prayer and Confession Guide - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9URSCY

Scriptural Revelation of Hell - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9UJO5I

Prosperity Scriptures –
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9XUZVC

How to Be Filled With the Holy Spirit - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9XUHOW

How to be born again and walk in the Light of God's word. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9UDJ6S

Church Growth Resources

Home Cell Structure and Church growth. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BLYKGLG

Effective Follow up structure and Church growth http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BLYQWY6

Dynamics of Soul Winning - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F0SNCWA

(1) (Reply)

Israel Protests As Sweden Allows Torah Burning Outside Embassy On Saturday / What Is Faith ? : A Dialogue Between Man And God / Bible Opinion on Genotype Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 356
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.