Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,517 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Stop Making Teaching Beggarly - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stop Making Teaching Beggarly (168 Views)

20 Of The Most Common Grammatical Errors We All Need To Stop Making / Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) / Afe Babalola University Completes 400 Bed Teaching Hospital(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Making Teaching Beggarly by Truthsoldier(m): 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
The way I see how those of the teaching profession go about their profession it makes me think that most people who are into the teaching profession most especially in this part of the world has little or no value from those who are members of the society.

Imagine first of all the nomenclature 'Teacher',I sincerely think that those who are into the teaching profession should be called rather 'Educators' not teachers which I see it's quite old fashioned, the reason is first because they did education in the tertiary level,if someone who did medicine should be called a medic,engineer for engineering, barrister for law,then nothing wrong for someone who did education to be called an educator.

Secondly the issue of poor salary or poor pricing of services from a school to a teacher,imagine paying a teacher 15 to 30k in this time,what can it achieve?
You can't employ a doctor,an engineer, a lawyers services or a banker and pay them peanuts,I think this needs to change

Any school owner that tries to intimidate an educator in his or her school, such victim needs to sue him and put him or her in the right place, gone are the days you will try to bully a teacher and he or she remains mute,because of your peanuts you pay,what nonsense, I have even seen teachers humiliated before students,by either school owners,parents and even parents and the school and teacher does nothing, this needs to stop.

Lastly the teaching profession must be seen for what it is a profession,not something every Dick and Harry with no educational experience or portfolio would just come in and start parading himself or herself as a teacher, I have seen that nonsense in most private schools of D class or even E class mostly after money,sanity needs to be restored.

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin Aspirant / Data Analysis (chi Square) And Interpretation For Management Niche / You Wouldn't Want To Miss This Great Opportunity Jamb Is Here Again ���

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.