Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi (1340 Views)

2023 Presidency: Okowa Laments, Says Peter Obi’s Emergence Will Affect PDP / Timi Frank Distance Self From N40bn Claim, Challenges FIRS To Sue Him / Presidency Backs El-rufai, Says Peter Obi Deported Northerners From Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by Tkcruiseandodds: 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2022
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, Mr. Peter Obi, has denied offering N40 billion to the standard bearer of the New Nigeria Peoples Party, NNPP, Alhaji Rabiu Kwankwaso, to step down for him.

Obi made this clarification on Monday at an interactive forum with the Nigerian Guild of Editors, NGE, in Lagos.He said: “I never knowingly or unknowingly, offered anybody money to become president. In all my talks with Kwankwaso, I never offered him any money.”

The former Anambra governor also clarified that nobody was funding his campaigns. “Nobody as at today will say he’s funding Peter Obi. I’m funding myself. I don’t pay people to work for me.”

Foundational Problem

Speaking on how he would transform Nigeria from a consuming to a producing country, Obi stated that Nigeria’s problem was foundational.

He noted that the first thing he would do if elected would be to ensure that the country feeds itself. “We must get the country to work and all it requires is leadership and I can do it.”

On whether he would borrow to execute his programmes in the face of the rising debt profile of the country, the LP standard bearer maintained that there was nothing wrong with borrowing if it’s channelled into production.

Borrowing for Production

“Nothing is wrong with borrowing if invested properly. Every nation in the world that I have studied borrow. The problem with borrowing is what you do with the money. It’s okay to borrow for production but there’s a problem when you borrow for consumption. I will only borrow for production and I will explain to Nigerians why I’m borrowing. I must talk to the people because the job of a leader is to communicate with the the people”, he explained.

While stressing the importance of the rule of law, Obi disclosed that he would invest in intangible assets such as education to drive the economy and attract foreign investors to the country.

War on Power

He also promised to declare war on energy sector with the aim to improve electricity supply in the country.

“I will declare war on power. It’s possible to have steady power supply because power generation is not a rocket science. We will change the narrative by bringing people who know and understand the system to turn things around for good.”

Affirmative Action

The presidential hopeful assured that women and youths would be well represented in his government, as he would implement the Beijing affirmative action and Bangladesh model.

“Women are more productive than men and if they decide to do something, they do it well. We will involve women and youth in my administration and channel that population into production”, he said promising to create an atmosphere where about 50 per cent of women will be included in the national productivity.

On cost of governance, Obi said “Leadership changes everything. The cost of governance in Nigeria is unacceptable. We have to stop the rascality. I will reduce rascality and confusion and make the system work.”

Provide Solutions

On what the people should consider while making their voting choices, Obi said: “Nepotism is a higher corruption than bribery. Next election is not about tribe or religion. Tribalism and religion are the confusion the elites deploy to deceive the people.

“Please, don’t vote for me because I’m an Igbo or because it’s my turn. I’m a Nigerian contesting election as a Nigerian. So, scrutinize all of us and verify what we have done in the past. Nigerians should vote for a character they can trust, competence and ability to start doing the right thing.

“The job of a leader is provide solutions and not excuses. If elected, I will not give excuses but results. Therefore, I want Nigerians to hold me responsible if anything is not going well under my leadership”

6 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by Lanretoye(m): 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2022
I will do this,I will do that...what he never did in a single state is what he wants to do in 36states.he doesn't even understand that an average fulani man's way of thinking and needs are different from that of a yoruba man.as you are bringing light to someone,the other person wants darkness so there will be conflicting interest...I will do this and I will do that blablabla.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by Tenses: 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2022
Peter Obi wen no dey give shishi.

OP you're an urchin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by ganisucks(f): 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2022
Lanretoye:
I will do this,I will do that...what he never did in a single state is what he wants to do in 36states.he doesn't even understand that an average fulani man's need way of thinking and needs are different from that of a yoruba man.as you are bringing light to someone,the other person wants darkness so there will be conflicting interest...I will do this and I will do that blablabla.

You're sounding like Bablu babbablu.

21 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by jerk: 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2022
You are already the president, every pool is an evidence.

9 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by CaptainAyub: 6:03pm On Nov 21, 2022
Lanretoye:
I will do this,I will do that...what he never did in a single state is what he wants to do in 36states.he doesn't even understand that an average fulani man's way of thinking and needs are different from that of a yoruba man.as you are bringing light to someone,the other person wants darkness so there will be conflicting interest...I will do this and I will do that blablabla.
Balablooo bulabaa

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by Shevchenkko: 6:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
We know the people peddling those lies to tarnish your image. Agbado urchins are despicable
Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by Osariemen12: 6:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
Obi for president.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by Sheistoopretty(f): 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2022
Lol grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by mycar: 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
Urchins are wicked
Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by dawnomike(m): 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
Obi is not a saint... but he is the best of them all

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by slivertongue: 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2022
Where him go get that kind money? Even if him getting am na to invest.
Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by mrvitalis(m): 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2022
Lanretoye:
He saved .
he restructured the education system ,
he encouraged Industries
he reduced cost of governance ,
he reduced cost of governance , .
he never made appointment based on nepotism
He never acquired government properties through the back do

So what are you even saying ...

Oh I forgot you are a BAT ...you see things upside down

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by Lanretoye(m): 6:47pm On Nov 21, 2022
mrvitalis:

He saved .
he encouraged Industries

I see that's where you completed your secondary and tertiary education...he didn't even bother to check the ranking of ANSU among nigerian universities to see how much he did in education.
I can see how industrialized anambra state is cos it is showing in their IGR and employment rate,thats why most of u carry ghana much go for inside night bus come lagos for greener pasture. Stay there and be deceiving your self.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by mrvitalis(m): 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
Lanretoye:
I see that's where you completed your secondary and tertiary education...he didn't even bother to check the ranking of ANSU among nigerian universities to see how much he did in education.
I can see how industrialized anambra state is cos it is showing in their IGR and employment rate,thats why most of u carry ghana much go for inside night bus come lagos for greener pasture. Stay there and be deceiving your self.
Lol innonson is a living example ,
igr is not a measure of economy just how effective the government is in revenue collection

Egypt and south Africa both have lower GDP than Nigeria but way higher revenue ...your point is baseless

Igbos being in Lagos is certainly not for greener pastures ...just based on Nigeria biased structural bottle neck in business

Name an Igbo top 30 richest man that made their money in Lagos ...most came to Lagos already made but the Nigeria structure forced them to Lagos ...coscharis, emzor ,orange drugs , nextoil , zinoxx , landmark group and the list goes on

Infact north and south South have produced more Igbo millionaires than Lagos ,erisco , genesis, market Square , Kilimanjaro , everyday groups , Chico group , I can name 50

Igbo making money have nothing to do with Lagos

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by Tkcruiseandodds: 12:23am On Nov 22, 2022
na that one dey fear me , but he has suppoters ooo , omor
Tenses:
Peter Obi wen no dey give shishi.

OP you're an urchin
Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by GoodLife4live: 1:14am On Nov 22, 2022
Sheistoopretty:
Lol grin grin grin grin grin

Dream on boy

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by Ikpaitid: 2:10am On Nov 22, 2022
This mumu keeps talking about what he will do but hasn't yet told us how he will go about doing it.The IPOB fool thinks Nigerians are stupid.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by temitope27(m): 2:47am On Nov 22, 2022
Him tu lie grin grin

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by Tkcruiseandodds: 11:12am On Nov 22, 2022
hahahahaah, im enjoying this so much
mrvitalis:

He saved .
he encouraged Industries

Re: I Didn’t Offer Kwankwaso N40bn To Step Down For Me – Says Peter Obi by Tkcruiseandodds: 11:13am On Nov 22, 2022
wetin be this , lol
temitope27:
Him tu lie grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Preachers Of Nigeria Endorse Peter Obi As President Of Nigeria(video) / Kano state labour party Guber candidate, resigns supports Tinubu / 2023: Senator Shehu Sanni On Twitter; APC Governors Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.