Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,064 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:45 AM

Lagos State Tenancy Law: My Landlady Won't Accept Six Months Rent - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos State Tenancy Law: My Landlady Won't Accept Six Months Rent (1755 Views)

The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos / MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa / Neteller Now Accept Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Tenancy Law: My Landlady Won't Accept Six Months Rent by butangba: 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2011
Reference to the enacted tenancy law in lagos, I need a proffessional lawyer from Alausa to see to the case between my landlady and I. She said she won't accept d 6mth rent payment from me.
Re: Lagos State Tenancy Law: My Landlady Won't Accept Six Months Rent by page9(m): 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2011
Then tell her to go to court or go to hell!
Re: Lagos State Tenancy Law: My Landlady Won't Accept Six Months Rent by lastpage: 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2011
Okay, whats NEXT?
Whats she gonna do?

I will suggest you "formerly write her" stating that you want to deposit the sum of #Bleep being cost of rent for your apartment for the next SIX MONTHS, into her nominated account. You can serve her a copy by hand but also send one by registered Mail (proof of receipt).

If she refuses to "respond" to your request, you can go to the nearest court and request to make the payments to the court, FOR THE BENEFIT OF YOUR LANDLORD/LADY. You would (MUST) be issued an official receipt.

Inform her that she can collect her money from the court (You can oblige her a copy of the receipt!)

Relax and Enjoy your PAID RENT
. grin grin

If she carry vex too much, what can she do NEXT?

1.) Issue you an "eviction notice": Take it and continue to enjoy you rent! wink grin

2.) After the lapse of "Quit Notice period", She should/would Charge you to court (as against taking the law into her own hands!): Provide your "proof of payment" to the court (you will be discharged of her accusation of non-payment) and you then MUST request the court to place an injunction/binding order (or whatever Lawyers would call it) that prevents her from ejecting you from the said Premises, as long as you pay your rent.

She cannot eject you out of vexation, because of the rent issue, going forward.

This is my "non-legally binding advice", giving free and without any warranty!
I know it works sha wink

BTW: I hope she no go resort to "juju" as some of these landlord/lady wicked no be small o! shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Suya Business / Egopay Payment Processor Finally Shutdown? / Need A Business Idea? Here Are 55

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.