Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,136 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes (57184 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Reacts As APC Rally Suffers Low Turnout In Katsina / President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting / Deji Adeyanju Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement That Sacked Ihedioha As Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by 010okoogar: 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
You must not loot
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by ZombieSlayer1: 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Why is Tinubu being targeted?
info leaked that he was planning to induce voters with between 5k to 15k per vote. Buhari doesn't seem to want him to win
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by waice6571: 1:19pm On Nov 23, 2022
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by CheapHomes1: 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2022
Medianna:

So upon all what I explained you still don't understand?
No explanation wey i go give go make you understand then.
Go and make research on your own

Do you actually understand the questions I asked you?

How does people keeping money in their houses and are not using it, make naira to be less in circulations and life more difficult?

Did cbn ever say how much new naira notes they will print or did they say the new naira notes they will print is dependent on those people keep in their homes?
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by CheapHomes1: 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

info leaked that he was planning to induce voters with between 5k to 15k per vote. Buhari doesn't seem to want him to win

How did you come about this information?
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by xhamel89: 1:27pm On Nov 23, 2022
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, this policy is targeted at those Anambra criminals using drug money to finance labour party noise all over the country. Their labour is finally in vain. God bless the federal government and our Muslim brothers and sisters sad

When your first line mentioned is that you're a christian I knew the next to follow is lie.

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by Truthdeypain: 1:27pm On Nov 23, 2022
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, this policy is targeted at those Anambra criminals using drug money to finance labour party noise all over the country. Their labour is finally in vain. God bless the federal government and our Muslim brothers and sisters sad

12 year old boy.

2 Likes

Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by SmartyPants(m): 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2022
CheapHomes1:

How does redesigning naira note affect election?

It's obvious. Corrupt politicians keep their money in cash to evade scrutiny. Forcing them to bring it into the financial system through the naira redesign means that now they can't easily pay their thugs or buy votes when the elections come. Because big deposits and withdrawals are automatically investigated.

obedience4:

Dude I read it,
Do you really think changing new notes will stop the looting,
You cab move 1billon naira in hours into the system if you have the means so you think political personalities who are know to have access to multiple account's and have tiles with banks won't have clean their money.

Who says it has anything to do with stopping looting? He said it was meant to force the money that has already been looted into the banking system. Of course, looting will continue thereafter but once money enters a bank, it is so much harder to do anything funny with it.

You should understand that there is a reason they keep these funds in cash in the first place! And it's not because they just like having cash lying around, which is inconvenient and risky.

When money enters the banking system it comes under the watchful eyes of the NFIU. Any deposit or withdrawal above a certain figure is flagged automatically. The NFIU will then investigate and pass on information to the CBN and EFCC.

Now, redesigning the naira has been done at this time, specifically to make it harder for election riggers to use their stolen loot to manipulate the elections. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by CheapHomes1: 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
Medianna:

So upon all what I explained you still don't understand?
No explanation wey i go give go make you understand then.
Go and make research on your own

Pls don't mistake verbosity and offpoint for substance. Try and read and understood the questions again before you rush to answer.

How does people keeping money in their houses and are not using it, make naira to be less in circulations and life more difficult?

Did cbn ever say how much new naira notes they will print or did they say the new naira notes they will print is dependent on those people keep in their homes?
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by OnonujuChrist(m): 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
GOTVee:

Are you okay at all �

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by Jogs1900: 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
jimyjames:
they are planning to kickstart a cashless base policy , and for it to work they will have to take back the money already in circulation , don't be surprised no one will be able to withdraw More than 5 million in cash from next year
I think this is just the beginning..Max cash withdrawal in a month could be 200k and it will be either in 100 notes or 200 notes,Banks will start loading our ATM with 100 and 200 notes and any probably any withdrawal above 2000 attracts some charges... Chief electronic banking is the way forward.
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by TheGift: 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2022
GOTVee:

Thanks for letting us know, cos You don't sound like a born again Christian.

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by cuffee: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2022
delpee:
All I see is a change of colors.
they tinted the notes
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by Jogs1900: 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

Is Atiku not planning to induce voters too?

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by TheGift: 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
excellence44:
Emefiele tried on this one. This shows that 'Nobody is completely useless'.
The man below describes him aptly.

I was just thinking same about Reno Omokri; even a Broken clock is correct two times in a day.
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by TheGift: 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
nairavsdollars:
That man is the most clueless and useless CBN Governor ever. Wonder why the clueless president is keeping him

Maybe because He is clueless and useless I.e a "Useful Idiot" ?
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by GistFullGround: 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
No Number on the 1000 notes?
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by jimyjames(m): 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
Jogs1900:

I think this is just the beginning..Max cash withdrawal in a month could be 200k and it will be either in 100 notes or 200 notes,Banks will start loading our ATM with 100 and 200 notes and any probably any withdrawal above 2000 attracts some charges... Chief electronic banking is the way forward.
It will be better that way , it will put an end to those corrupt politicians keeping heap of cash in their homes , and kidnappers collecting huge amount of cash , people spreading huge amount of money on weddings and burial ceremonies

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by GistFullGround: 1:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
GOTVee:

You said "Labour Party"?
Hmmm, "Thou shall not bear report against thy neighour..."
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by Lukuluku69(m): 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2022
jimyjames:
they are planning to kickstart a cashless base policy , and for it to work they will have to take back the money already in circulation , don't be surprised no one will be able to withdraw More than 5 million in cash from next year

It would be a nice idea if such Policy is implemented but bear in mind that for a Company (and I know a quite a number) that has Account I, Account II, Account III, Account IV and so on, how would it now be if they make a withdrawal of #5m from each Account daily and go back to the old way?

This same scenario holds for an individual with multiple Accounts even in the same Bank not to talk of having in different Banks?

The Milllin of Dollars we see in Nigeria (Osborne Towers and others) were printed in America and paid out through a channel ( Not ATMs)

People will always circumvent policies if they are criminal minded. To fight corruption and corrupt practices, we need a change of heart and not Note redesign.
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by Dave2011: 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2022
GOTVee:

And what of the bullion van drug lord in Bourdillon? You are irredimably pathetic!!!

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by Evergreen12345(f): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
Hello BIG I KNOW YOUR ONE OF THOSE THAT WAS THOUGH OF KILLINGS AND 7 VIRGINS SO LYING TO YOURSELF WHO HAD MORE OF BLOOD MONEY AND DRUG MONEY IF NOT YOUR DIRTYYY PEOPLE AND DRUG BARONS
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by diggindeep: 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
CBN used snap chat
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by Evergreen12345(f): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
Dave2011:

And what of the bullion van drug lord in Bourdillon? You are irredimably pathetic!!!

His linage is a waste !
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by jimyjames(m): 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lukuluku69:

It would be a nice idea if such Policy is implemented but bear in mind that for a Company (and I know a quite a number) that has Account I, Account II, Account III, Account IV and so on, how would it now be if they make a withdrawal of #5m from each Account daily and go back to the old way?

This same scenario holds for an individual with multiple Accounts even in the same Bank not to talk of having in different Banks?

The Milllin of Dollars we see in Nigeria (Osborne Towers and others) were printed in America and paid out through a channel ( Not ATMs)

People will always circumvent policies if they are criminal minded. To fight corruption and corrupt practices, we need a change of heart and not Note redesign.
Different things can be tried out , I'm not into the banking system ,but I believe people who are professionals in that field can come up with a policy that will put a stop to all the above
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by Mercury12(m): 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
GOTVee:
how about the Christians and none Christians. They not created by same God abi?

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by Jogs1900: 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
jimyjames:

It will be better that way , it will put an end to those corrupt politicians keeping heap of cash in their homes , and kidnappers collecting huge amount of cash , people spreading huge amount of money on weddings and burial ceremonies
Exactly...many businesses will be forced to accept electronic payment the moment they know if they sell goods worth 50k ,you will be paying them with 50 naira or 100 naira note...All these 500 and 1000 notes are not helping our economy... Anyway let's be prepared and I believe it's for our own good.

1 Like

Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by ZombieSlayer1: 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2022
Jogs1900:

Is Atiku not planning to induce voters too?
sure he is. I said politicians
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by Mercury12(m): 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2022
hustler4eva:
This redesign should be cost effective.

Just go to original design template on system and change colour.
u garrit cheesy
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by ZombieSlayer1: 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2022
CheapHomes1:

How did you come about this information?
privileged information
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by jimyjames(m): 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
Jogs1900:

Exactly...many businesses will be forced to accept electronic payment the moment they know if they sell goods worth 50k ,you will be paying them with 50 naira or 100 naira note...All these 500 and 1000 notes are not helping our economy... Anyway let's be prepared and I believe it's for our own good.
Hopefully it will
Re: Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes by johnDkay(m): 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
GOTVee:
Is a dead fool not better than you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Toyin Saraki, Wife Of The Senate President, Bukola Saraki (photos) / Boko Haram Terrorists Captured By Cameronian Soldiers ( Photo) / Prayers At Shekarau's House To Destroy Buhari's Government (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.