Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,164 members, 7,860,178 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

Who Is That Prophet Or (the Prophet)? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is That Prophet Or (the Prophet)? (163 Views)

Reactions As Islamic Cleric Claims That Prophet Mohammed Had Sugar Mummy / Who Was That "Prophet": Jesus Or Muhammad? / Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is That Prophet Or (the Prophet)? by AntiChristian: 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2022
Assignment - PUT ON YOUR THINKING CAP

In John 1:

Priests and Levites went to meet John the Baptist.

In verses 20-21, they asked him questions:
"And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet?

John said he was not the Messiah nor Elijah.

So, we have one left, "That Prophet"

He answered, “No" (Which means he wasn't that Prophet also)
Verses 24-25 read:
"And they which were sent were of the Pharisees. 25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?"

I have used the Authorized King James Bible (politically not spiritually authorized) which says THAT PROPHET, NIV reads The Prophet. Either way, it's same thing.

That Prophet, the Prophet and why was he referred to twice without mentioning his name?

Is his name forbidden or it was mischievously hidden?

Did the Priests and Levites (read your Bible before telling me not to differentiate between priests and Levites, that's how the Bible puts it) not know his name? If yes, why didn't John tell them?

These are the questions Christians should honestly ask their pastors instead casting and binding anyone who cares to ask questions. It's not King James Era, it's the age of reason - of enlightenment.

Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Edu Udechukwu Reveals How Believers Can Cook Prayers / The Race..... / Can A Christian Be Ubder A Curse [a Rejoinder]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.