Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse (1450 Views)

Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? / Peter Obi: Mbaka Reacts To Outburst, Says He's Scripturally Right & Not Scared / No Nigerian Prophet Or Pastor Is Qualified To Receive Your Tithes - Daddy Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by Mightyodi: 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
Quoting the Bible verse Genesis 2:24: "Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

I believe this is the only standard when it comes to choice of marital spouse. The foreigners that introduce Christianity to Africa abide by this rule. Coming to Africa, we do see a lot of people in courtship seeking to marry go from one prophet to another, with the aim of determining if the person they intend getting married to will make them successful in marriage or not. These prophets give them various assignment, prayers, etc. And come out with a pronunciation, go ahead or there is a demonic blah blah in the girl's or boy's family, choose another person.

At any point whether you call the prophet real or fake, are those words from God. If yes,

are we saying God is contradicting Gen2:24.

Does a pastor or prophet determines the outcome of a marriage? I need answers to this question.

For instance, saying the marriage is going to be a success or failure.

Many people will agree with me that a lot of prophets or pastors has been giving people strange prophecies that scattered their relationships or set confusion in a good relationship that is about to lead to marriage. These prophecies spoil the minds of the man or lady such that if they go ahead to marry, and things are going getting bad for a season, they blame themselves. They attribute the hard times experience to their unwillingness to yield to prophecies before entering the marriage.

But bear it in mind that actually, their misfortune may not be connected to the prophecies.

This is the case of a friend of mine. He intend to marry a girl. Unknown to him another person had also approach the parent of the girl to marry her. The girl went behind her as advice by people in her family to me a prophet who gave her assignments of prayer and fasting. After the assignment, she wrote down the names of both people on a paper and gave to the prophet. The prophet choose the other person and not my friend. Telling the girl she would be more successful in marriage with the other person and not my friend. She came to my friend, crying that all these things happened and she loves my friend and not the other person seeking her hand in marriage. That my Friend has been taking care of her but the other just call her once in a while.

Back to the question, can a Prophet or Pastor determine one's marital spouse? Secondly, can they for tell whose spouse will become successful in marriage, giving my friend's experience?
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by Mightyodi: 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
Please I will need your honest contributions, especially from religious leaders and spiritually fill people, so that I can advice my friend whether to go ahead in prayers and get married to the girl or end the relationship and look for someone else.
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by KendrickAyomide: 2:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
Impossible, all na guess work. They can't even figure shitt out for themselves. Most of their marriages and in secret chaos and their children are going wayward under their nose. Why can't they see that one?
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by PlayerMeji: 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
I have never believed that you need a Pastor or an imam to make such a crucial decision.

I had a friend who was going out with a young lady that worked in the same complex he worked then.

Everyone knew them as intending couples as they were rarely seen apart.

Some time later, my friend said he went to pray and he was told not to marry this young lady so he personally introduced me to his new girl, this lady was working for a serving senator then and my friend was kind of satisfied that he had met the right lady.

The former girl would still come around his office and he would give him the cold shoulder... Not long after, he got married to this new girl, big time wedding and the lady took in, baby boy delivered after the usuals.

My friend went for a journey to Maiduguri, that was before Boko Haramists took power there, he just went for a job, he was into kitchen and toilet designs. On his way back, he was involved in an accident and that was all.

Everything happened under 2 years so... U can conclude by yourself..
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by apstpaulg(m): 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
Only God, through your "God given" instinct in which through the Holy Spirit speaks to you, can choose your help meet (compatible spouse). How ever, an experienced marriage counselor (loaded with first hand personal experience) whom the Lord appoints over you, can discern, only after having series of counseling sessions with the intending couple. It's just a pity, we have just few of such "Men of God", who are probably in obscurity. So to answer your question, yes God can, but pray for wisdom on your path first, before fully giving in to such counsel.

Apostle Paul Eshiet
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by Mightyodi: 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2020
Moderator Please push it to front page, I need more contributions. Thanks to those that have contributed theirs. Apst Paul, I will get across to you. Thanks.
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by jekagadura: 5:12pm On Sep 23, 2020
Prophets, pastors, evangelists, teachers etc are in the church for the perfecting of the saints...so if you are perfect in Christ you don't need them to minister to you, rather you join them in ministering to others...if your vision is poor, obscure, or convoluted a prophet can provide the necessary assistance...and if you seek confirmation on a decision (to probably pick a spouse) a prophet can assist with this as well...bible says "despise not prophesyings"!
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by Mightyodi: 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
@jekagadura seeking a prophet/pastor confirmation on a decision where he chooses one over another is not prophesying. I think that's the point I want to be sure of. If the prophet/Pastor gives a counsel to take a spouse which was not your original choice, is it God that gave him such powers, remember such was not capture in the scripture. If yes, what about the power God gave you in Gen2:24 to choose and obtain blessing from him.

I keep wondering where did people get the practice of obtaining a fate decider in choosing spouse before marriage. People go from church to church.
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by jekagadura: 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2020
Mightyodi:
@jekagadura seeking a prophet/pastor confirmation on a decision where he chooses one over another is not prophesying. I think that's the point I want to be sure of. If the prophet/Pastor gives a counsel to take a spouse which was not your original choice, is it God that gave him such powers, remember such was not capture in the scripture. If yes, what about the power God gave you in Gen2:24 to choose and obtain blessing from him.

I keep wondering where did people get the practice of obtaining a fate decider in choosing spouse before marriage. People go from church to church.

Let's be clear on one thing. A prophet is someone who is called to the office of speaking the mind of God on matters of involving individuals, the church or the nation. A Pastor is someone charged with the responsibility of ensuring the physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing of the church...now if this is same definition you assign to Pastors and Prophets then you must agree that these people do not seek their own interests but those of God himself...and if this is the case then their guidance is as good as the gold standard...

You will return to the pastor will your marital troubles when they come and this is why a pastor called by God will find it necessary to assist you with picking a spouse. You will return to the prophet with questions when your marriage is hit by challenges and this is why a prophet would like to warn you possible dangers ahead according to the word of the LORD.

If a pastor or a prophet is useless to your decision making, then you must be a son who has perfected how to walk in the spirit, how to hear from God and how to ensure your physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing...if you are not a son, but you are baby in Christ and you feel pastors and prophets cannot influence your decision to the contrary then you are headed for destruction...

In the end such a person will return to a pastor or a prophet.
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by petra1(m): 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
Mightyodi:
Back to the question, can a Prophet or Pastor determine one's marital spouse? Secondly, can they for tell whose spouse will become successful in marriage, giving my friend's experience?

God can chose a wife for a man .it depends on several factors. But he seldom doesn that.

By the virtue of ministry God may give you a wife. He told Hosea to marry a prostitute.

People function at different levels of submission to God. A christian who is carnal cannot be given a wife by God . He need a carnal woman like himself

Marriage from heaven is based on God's plan and destiny for the individual. Everybody filled with God's spirit should be able to determine who they feel comfortable with and have compatibility with.

However some people have all the compatibility but there could be a spiritual problem that the faith of the individual may not be string to deal with .

There is emotional icompatibility
There is spiritual compatibility
There is intellectual compatibility etc.

A real prophet may choose who's best among options presented . But it is based on a specific purpose ..

If you're a pastor you can't just marry anybody . She must have a heart for ministry .that's becomes your priority. Not africa magic and zeeworld watcher .

Someone just want respectful wife. Some want a woman who can hold the house in their absence, some just want a peaceful woman who doesn't keep friend. Another one wants a flashy lady he can show off .

The purpose of God for you and your top priority play major role in choices. If not any christian should have been good for another .

A prophet can see some issue ahead . He can't impose somebody on you he can only analyze.

"Ia brother once met a prophet about marriage " He told her to bring 3 names of ladies he liked. . On merely Seing their names accurately described the 3 of them .This first lady he describe she had issue with anger and stubbornness. But she is very chaste and love God. He describe the other 2 accurately also then he told the brother the choice is yours .

Finally there is no one single person assigned by God to an individual if not widows should never remarry.
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by AkinwaleJJ(f): 8:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
NO!
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by Mightyodi: 10:50pm On Sep 23, 2020
@petra1 quite a lot of interesting stuffs you put out there, sir can you talk more about spiritual compatibility. What could be a factor where two people are emotionally compatible but spiritually incompatible.

Also, if there are factors affecting spiritual compatibility, and the prophet sees them in the spirit realm can't he have answer to it.
A prophet who said he sees without having answers, is it a real prophet?

"My friend said his girlfriend told him he's not compatible with her to make it in life according to the prophet. That she's compatible with the other name she brought. Meanwhile, she( her girlfriend said emotionally she's not connected with that person, because that person is more of a stranger to her).

So I wondered, is it a real prophecy? Why don't the prophet proffer solution like prayer & fasting to aid their compatibility.

Secondly, Can a true prophet spot a problem without solution.

Thirdly, When a prophet advices a man to change his choice of whom to marry based a statement like compatibility, is it scriptural. This is usually the cases in Africa, but doesn't happen in Western world where Christian began.

petra1:

God can chose a wife for a man .it depends on several factors. But he seldom doesn that.

By the virtue of ministry God may give you a wife. He told Hosea to marry a prostitute.

People function at different levels of submission to God. A christian who is carnal cannot be given a wife by God . He need a carnal woman like himself

Marriage from heaven is based on God's plan and destiny for the individual. Everybody filled with God's spirit should be able to determine who they feel comfortable with and have compatibility with.

However some people have all the compatibility but there could be a spiritual problem that the faith of the individual may not be string to deal with .

There is emotional icompatibility
There is spiritual compatibility
There is intellectual compatibility etc.

A real prophet may choose who's best among options presented . But it is based on a specific purpose ..

If you're a pastor you can't just marry anybody . She must have a heart for ministry .that's becomes your priority. Not africa magic and zeeworld watcher .

Someone just want respectful wife. Some want a woman who can hold the house in their absence, some just want a peaceful woman who doesn't keep friend. Another one wants a flashy lady he can show off .

The purpose of God for you and your top priority play major role in choices. If not any christian should have been good for another .

A prophet can see some issue ahead . He can't impose somebody on you he can only analyze.

"Ia brother once met a prophet about marriage " He told her to bring 3 names of ladies he liked. . On merely Seing their names accurately described the 3 of them .This first lady he describe she had issue with anger and stubbornness. But she is very chaste and love God. He describe the other 2 accurately also then he told the brother the choice is yours .

Finally there is no one single person assigned by God to an individual if not widows should never remarry.

Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by petra1(m): 8:57am On Sep 24, 2020
Mightyodi:
@petra1 quite a lot of interesting stuffs you put out there, sir can you talk more about spiritual compatibility. What could be a factor where two people are emotionally compatible but spiritually incompatible.

Let me take a Pastor for example . A particular person would have been very compatible for Him if he were a doctor or civil servant. She has his attention . They come back home early and everything is fine . but If he were a Pastor She can’t bear the fact that his attention is shared with people . He can’t take vacation like others . There is tension . Some ladies have left a man judt because he got called by God .

Just like the case of being married to a non christian . They had good relationship before she got born again but now there is tension to the point God allows them to divorce on the ground of spiritual Incompatibility should the other party desire it

1 Corinthians 7:15 (NLT)
15 (But if the husband or wife who isn’t a believer insists on leaving, let them go. In such cases the believing husband or wife is no longer bound to the other, for God has called you to live in peace.)

Life is about purpose . Marriage is about destiny not just making children . Some people will never fulfil their assignment in life just because of who they are married to . I just use a pastor as example but the truth is that we all have our assignments and callings

if there are factors affecting spiritual compatibility, and the prophet sees them in the spirit realm can't he have answer to it.
A prophet who said he sees without having answers, is it a real prophet?

A prophet is a seer . But all prophets are not the same . Some see , and they are equipped with other gifts also such as miracles and healing . It’s like I’m medicine . The lab scientist can see the virus , the doctor knows how to deal with it but he needs a lab scientist to find out from test.

The prophet I mentioned to you gave descriptions of the ladies and told The brother . You have a choice if this is ok by you , go for it, It’s not , you either help her deal with the issues “diagnosed” or leave her.

Remember we have cases of people who seem perfect for each other in every way but they are medically incompatible AS vs AS or SS

"
My friend said his girlfriend told him he's not compatible with her to make it in life according to the prophet.

Well have you heard of cases where a man marries a woman and Ftom the day of marriage his life begins to go down financially , losses etc.
They say she has bad luck . But the issue is some people have spiritual problem especially ladies that have “spiritual husband “. The marriage becomes hell , yet they were wonderful friends . Now the man is broke . The wife is feeding him And cursing him. It does happen to men also.
A prophet could see that and advise not to go ahead . But if he has grace to cast out devils he could have dealt with it but it still depends on the victim “lady” to have the humility it takes to be free.

That she's compatible with the other name she brought. Meanwhile, she( her girlfriend said emotionally she's not connected with that person, because that person is more of a stranger to her
).

Love is a choice . We can love anyone we chose to love . Sometimes we take the chemistry feeling as love . Love is based on knowledge . We choose to love a person based on what we admire of the person

So I wondered, is it a real prophecy? Why don't the prophet proffer solution like prayer & fasting to aid their compatibility.

Secondly, Can a true prophet spot a problem without solution.

He can recommend a solution but he can’t go beyond his grace . All prophets and Pastors have different gift but I agree with you . At least if he can’t deliver a person he should be humble to say “ take him for deliverance “

Thirdly, When a prophet advices a man to change his choice of whom to marry based a statement like compatibility,

It depends on level of authority the prophet has over the man . Even those who are not prophets . Like some parents who prays a lot they can descent if their son or daughter is in a wrong relationship . They can say “my son this is not your wife’ . Because they have been praying for him and can sense he’s making a mistake. It is dicey though because some parents can abuse it

is it scriptural

Abraham got wife for his son . He didn’t go seeking . Every thing depends

This is usually the cases in Africa, but doesn't happen in Western world where Christian began.

That’s why there’s so much divorce there .
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by apstpaulg(m): 10:18am On Sep 24, 2020
Truely there is a factor of spiritual compatablility.
Firstly, from my year's of spiritual surjorning (experience), most women are more stronger (spiritualy) than men, and in such women, weaker men (no matter how rich) who tend to finally succeed in getting married to them, most likely suffer misfortune becos their weaker spirit will be under the oppression of the woman's stronger spirit (who never either wanted her married, or being cattered for, by man's wealth), but if such men (usually poor before the marriage) build up their spiritual arsenal (by remaining faithful to a fault to these category of women), they'll be accepted and finally favoured with great wealth by the woman's guiding spirit.
And to correct you... A prophet can foresee a problem, but doesn't have a true solution to it.
A God given solution to a problem not yet manifested, comes from deep spiritual insight (time spent with God tru experience).
For futher insight, contact me...

Apostle Paul Eshiet
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
Dey Don't Determine, Dey Only Guide U.
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by Acehart: 2:04pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mightyodi:
Moderator Please push it to front page, I need more contributions. Thanks to those that have worked theirs. Apst Paul, I will get across to you. Thanks.
please don't do it
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by Mightyodi: 10:03pm On Sep 24, 2020
Acehart:
please don't do it

Do you mean the call or front-page.
Re: Scripturally Can A Prophet Or Pastor Determine One's Marital Spouse by Acehart: 10:03pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mightyodi:

Do you mean the call or front-page.

Call that phone number

(1) (Reply)

Dr Olukoya: Maureen Badejo, Confess To Your Witchcrafts Of Lies, Deception / RCCG GO Pastor Adeboye Lied When He Said About 50% Americans Are Jews. / It Is Time For God To Prove His Power!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.