Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet (561 Views)

Buhari’s New Year Speech Shows He Has Conceded Defeat -pdp...says Mr. President / 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians / Buhari New Media Center (BNMC) Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by LocalStandard1(m): 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
The last time I supported or even spoken anything good about President Buhari was since the first six months into his government, before my eyes was cleared of the person he really is.

But this new Naira notes shows a genius plan from him. I wrote some monthes ago that Buhari is trying to leave office with a bang, which shows from his recent actions and his acts of trying to build back the bridges he burnt (at least from my observations).

By changing only the colours of the currencies he's shown he isn't really interested in changing the currencies per say but trying to achieve an economic and social dribble on the elites, one the average Nigerian might actually benefit from. Coupled with the short notice given.

I give it to our President for this one, that is a master move there. Weldone Sir!

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by Naira20: 5:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
The writeup is not believable.
And there's nothing genius about the naira redesign.
Did you hear Tinubu or any politician return their stashed cash to any bank?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by Okoroawusa: 5:21pm On Nov 23, 2022
Anyone that doesn't like the new Naira notes should not use it when it comes.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by LocalStandard1(m): 5:22pm On Nov 23, 2022
Naira20:
I don't know how long before any benefit is seen but I think there is positives to it.
Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by FreeStuffsNG: 5:22pm On Nov 23, 2022
LocalStandard1:

Hahaha.....It is way deeper for securiry reasons

According to CBN, as at September 2022, N2.73 trillion (equivalent of 85% of total cash in circulation) out of N3.23Trillion cash in circulation is out of the banking vaults.

Experts have suggested that the cash in circulation would be more than N2.73 Trillion because some counterfeit cash are in circulation and old naira design would have been successfully counterfeited because it took too long to redesign, 20 years is long enough to improve on counterfeiting technique by counterfeiters.

To beat that kind of system, CBN will do more than just change colour.

The concealed security thread would have been changed with their security codes; the dates would have changed ,the weight, thickness etc would have been changed too.

I completely agree with you that the most apparent in this 2-D representation of the new design is colour change but it is naive and ignorant to think that is the only change
Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by LocalStandard1(m): 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Anyone that doesn't like the new Naira notes should not use it when it when it comes.
This is my first time replying you, and I hope this is the last. But you are not a wise person.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by Naira20: 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
Guy forget. It was supposed to make vote buying difficult but the political elite beat them to it.
LocalStandard1:

I don't know how long before any benefit is seen but I think there is positives to it.
Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by portplus: 5:25pm On Nov 23, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Anyone that doesn't like the new Naira notes should not use it when it when it comes.
I don't understand the criticism sef...
How will it improve the purchasing power of the naira and how do I make more of the naira that's my own concern.
Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by LocalStandard1(m): 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Hahaha.....It is way deeper for securiry reasons

According to CBN, as at September 2022, N2.73 trillion (equivalent of 85% of total cash in circulation) out of N3.23Trillion cash in circulation is out of the banking vaults.

Experts have suggested that the cash in circulation would be more than N2.73 Trillion because some counterfeit cash are in circulation and old naira design would have been successfully counterfeited because it took too long to redesign, 20 years is long enough to improve on counterfeiting technique by counterfeiters.

To beat that kind of system, CBN will do more than just change colour.

The concealed security thread would have been changed with their security codes; the dates would have changed ,the weight, thickness etc would have been changed too.

I completely agree with you that the most apparent in this 2-D representation of the new design is colour change

I agree with you. But much can't be expected from this government, not very prudent or smart bundles. Since there's no going back on the design let's look at the good side, half bread is better.
Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by Superwave16320: 5:29pm On Nov 23, 2022
This is what I have been telling all my Igbo friends. Can anybody tell me that Peter Peter Obi as return it n any of the N250 million cash he was caught red-handed looting monthly from Anambra coffers for good 8 years. So what is now the effect of this policy, imagine a foolish governor that can not increase state IGR looting N250 million cash monthly from a state do you have any idea how much that will amount to in 8 years n he is not returning anything

Naira20:
Did you hear Tinubu or any politician return their stashed cash to any bank?

Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by LocalStandard1(m): 5:29pm On Nov 23, 2022
Naira20:
Guy forget. It was supposed to make vote buying difficult but the political elite beat them to it.

How did did they do that?
Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by Noblechykk(m): 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2022
Superwave16320:
This is what I have been telling all my Igbo friends. Can anybody tell me that Peter Peter Obi as return it n any of the N250 million cash he was caught red-handed looting monthly from Anambra coffers for good 8 years. So what is now the effect of this policy, imagine a foolish governor that can not increase state IGR looting N250 million cash monthly from a state do you have any idea how much that will amount to in 8 years n he is not returning anything

Olodo

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by Naira20: 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2022
They've all lodged in their stashed cash and bought dollars at high rates
LocalStandard1:

How did did they do that?
Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by FreeStuffsNG: 5:35pm On Nov 23, 2022
LocalStandard1:

I agree with you. But much can't be expected from this government, not very prudent or smart bundles. Since there's no going back on the design let's look at the good side, half bread is better.
I completely disagree. If you are not one of those hiding billions inside a silo behind your farm house then you should not refer to this patriotic step as half bread. Most of ua do not do anything to even improve the lot of the country yet complain all the time.
You are supposed to change it every 5 years , FG left it undone under HE Yardua and HE GEJ fueling most of these problems which is now being addressed. Just be happy for Nigeria and Nigerians for once please.
O ga o. Anyone trying to impress you lot seem to be heading to eternal damnation because nothing and noone will ever. That is why govt does not take you serious. Use your education to give intelligent and honest patriotic feedbacks.
Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by LocalStandard1(m): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
Naira20:
They've all lodged in their stashed cash and bought dollars at high rates
Hahahahahahaaaaaa is that how the so-called stashed Naira is easily lodged? Then I am bothered.
Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by Naira20: 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
You underestimate the crooks you call politicians.
Buhari is too dull to fight corruption. Prolly because he himself is very corrupt.
Don't tell me you believed those trailer load of defaced naira notes.belonging to some politicians
LocalStandard1:

Hahahahahahaaaaaa is that how the so-called stashed Naira is easily lodged? Then I am bothered.
Re: Why Buhari's "New" Naira Notes Is The Best Design Yet by LocalStandard1(m): 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I completely disagree. If you are not one of those hiding billions inside a silo behind your farm house then you should not refer to this patriotic step as half bread. Most of ua do not do anything to even improve the lot of the country yet complain all the time.
You are supposed to change it every 5 years , FG left it undone under HE Yardua and HE GEJ fueling most of these problems which is now being addressed. Just be happy for Nigeria and Nigerians for once please.
O ga o. Anyone trying to impress you lot seem to be heading to eternal damnation because nothing and noone will ever. That is why govt does not take you serious. Use your education to give intelligent and honest patriotic feedbacks.

Firstly I agreed with your first post, not completely though. But let us have this discussion:

Tell me, how has this government's decisions affected your live positively and longlasting. Then tell me, are you happy with he current state of the nation? Are you satisfied with the ongoings?

I don't do personality worship or bigoted following. If the average person on Nigerian Streets is happy I am happy if not I speak out. So should you.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Governor Wike Hands Over Police Intelligence Center To Police IG / I Million Views In Less Than 24 Hours / G5 Governors: Atiku has only lost five votes- Jackson Lekan Ojo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.