Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Acn Chieftain Lauds Akpabio’s Giant Strides - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acn Chieftain Lauds Akpabio’s Giant Strides (1153 Views)

PDP Chieftain Lauds Buhari For Wiping Out Boko Haram. PM News / APC Lauds Obiano Over Developmental Strides / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acn Chieftain Lauds Akpabio’s Giant Strides by ekubear1: 5:47am On Aug 26, 2011
Tuesday, 23 August 2011
A chieftain of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in Lagos State and a ranking member of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Honourable Ipoola Ahmed Omisore, has described Akwa Ibom State governor, Godswill Akpabio, as one of the very few governors who are genuinely committed to the development of his state, through prudent management of the state resources since 2007.

Honourable Omisore, who was a former president of the Outdoor Advertising Agency of Nigeria, stated this while presenting an award of the Most Outstanding Governor 2011 at the Brand as King Award Nite organised by Billboard World Magazine published by Executive Options Media in Lagos, on Sunday.

The lawmaker said “Let me publicly commend the governor of Akwa Ibom State for his uncommon transformation of the state in the last four years. I had thought performance in government started and ended in Lagos until I visited Akwa Ibom State last year. I then came to the conclusion, because of what I saw, that the governor is one of the very few with passion, commitment and determination for the judicious use of state resources for the good of all.”

He stated further that “If Lagos State is number one in terms of infrastructural development, Akwa Ibom is number 1A.”

Reacting on behalf of the other awardees, Governor Akpabio, who was represented by his Chief of Staff, Mr Godwin Afanghide, accepted the award and described it as that which would spur him and his team to do more in the remaining period of his administration.

He said ”I accept this award and I promise not to rest on my oars until we take Akwa Ibom State to the level of a destination and the pride of Nigeria.

“I thank the organisers for this recognition and that is why when we people say nothing is happening in the state I simply say come and see.”

He disclosed further that “Our target in the next few years is to surpass whatever has been achieved in Lagos. With our deep seaport coming on stream, the IPP and the international airport now fully operational coupled with massive road networks, the nation’s economic hub would soon relocate to Akwa Ibom, because it is the next destination to the world.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/27063-acn-chieftain-lauds-akpabios-giant-strides
Re: Acn Chieftain Lauds Akpabio’s Giant Strides by ekubear1: 5:48am On Aug 26, 2011
Is Akwa Ibom gunning for the crown of the SS? Rivers State, better watch out and step it up. You have somebody chasing right behind you grin

Anyway, good to see another performing governor and state.
Re: Acn Chieftain Lauds Akpabio’s Giant Strides by ektbear: 6:42am On Aug 26, 2011
I hope that this makes the front page. We need to recognize the good leaders we have in Nigeria.
Re: Acn Chieftain Lauds Akpabio’s Giant Strides by kettykin: 10:59am On Aug 26, 2011
What really is fashola doing in lagos besides planting grasses trees and now clearing gutter the man should visit bayelsa and rivers too.

With an airport . An airport hanger . Very good roads and a deep sea port Akwaibom is set to become an emconomic national power.

Most importers are going to find doing business in that state cheaper and more convenient than lagos of lagos doesn't improve.

My forecast is that 90 % of SE and SS businesses and Business men will shift base as soon as the deep sea port is executed . This will be as a result of lower transportation to their destinations in SE and SS .cheaper warehouse costs. Newer infrastructures like road and ports. Safer and more conducive environments free from area boys . Opc and extortionist. No more flooding of homes and offices. procomi to eastern commercial cities like Aba and onitsha.

The Akwaibom government should ensure that the state is free from kidnappers . Their should be a 10 lane super highway linking the sea port to Aba and Rivera. An effective plan for a big port city should be in the pipeline which would accommodate for an unexpected rush and migration of people and businesses. Future plans for an inter regional railroad to all the nearby states should start earnestly.
Re: Acn Chieftain Lauds Akpabio’s Giant Strides by foreman: 11:14am On Aug 26, 2011
^^^

Cretin. How did Fashola come into this thread? A nation of so many cretins can only produce cretins as leaders.

Some of you people see Fashola even in your miserable dreams
Re: Acn Chieftain Lauds Akpabio’s Giant Strides by kettykin: 11:28am On Aug 26, 2011
He stated further that “If Lagos State is number one in terms of infrastructural development, Akwa Ibom is number 1A.”

Sorry if that touched a raw nerve. But my comment was based on the assumption that lagos was number 1 and akwaibom 1a.

As the a c n chieftain stated
Re: Acn Chieftain Lauds Akpabio’s Giant Strides by ektbear: 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2011
I don't mind. If every governor strives to surpass the efforts of Fashola in Lagos, then Nigeria would be a great country.
Re: Acn Chieftain Lauds Akpabio’s Giant Strides by jason123: 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2011
Nice one!

Kettykin, what has fashola got to do with this thread? It is a known fact that fashola is the reference point for good governance in Nigeria! So I understand why you brought his name to this. grin
ekt_bear:

I don't mind. If every governor strives to surpass the efforts of Fashola in Lagos, then Nigeria would be a great country.
Well said!
Re: Acn Chieftain Lauds Akpabio’s Giant Strides by Johndoe100(m): 4:41pm On Aug 26, 2011
This is good for Akpabio, Akwa Ibom state. There are more "performing " governors in the PDP than other parties, however the haters make the most noise.

(1) (Reply)

Baba Suwe Passes 16 Wraps Of Cocaine? / Waziri Is Gone, The Next Efcc Chairman Should Be Buhari Without Any Questions / Has Corruption Got Something To Do With Being A Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.