Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS (27021 Views)

Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / President Buhari's N2.1 Billion Asokoro Mansion, Abuja - Breaking Times / Armed Robbers Raids Unity Bank At Kwali, Fct, Abuja - Breaking News. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2011
Bawss1:
Was just thinking; this is about the 5th bomb blast occurring in Abuja within the space of one year.

Soon GEJ will appear on TV and either assure us that the perpetrators will be brought to book or that we should pray so they come out and confess. smh

Earlier someone gave an idea as to what GEJ will say: "Nigerians, kindly don't panic. Terrorist attacks happens everywhere". With the gbagaun.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by seanet02: 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2011
[size=30pt]Nigerian Don't Panic, Terrorist Exists everywhere including White House and Downing Street, So Don;t Panic. Enjoy your Fresh Air[/size]
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2011
NTA is no longer broadcasting speeches of petroleum ministers. They are now covering Osun festival.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by jajaopobo(m): 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2011
You can't squeeze an orange and expect tomato juice to come out. Dumbhead Jonathan has nothing intelligent in him. He is a P.hd holder who cannot engage opponents in a live debate without seeing the questions beforehand. An earthworm has more spine than he does.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2011
Even as a zoologist, he will concur with you that earthworms have spines.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by goldng: 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2011
This is very Pathetic, May God help Nigeria
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by DAY12(m): 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2011
Bawss1:

Was just thinking; this is about the 5th bomb blast occurring in Abuja within the space of one year.

Soon GEJ will appear on TV and either assure us that the perpetrators will be brought to book or that we should pray so they come out and confess. smh

Can we just stop mentioning uncle jona's name out of this brutality.

Solution we care for before this attack reach out to you. AM NOT JOKING. We need to stop condemning our President.

I see more coming! U.S. HEY,  lipsrsealed United Freedom,  lipsrsealed  a word to the Wise is enough.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2011
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by gokuu(m): 2:17pm On Aug 26, 2011
Na wa o, we dont even know who is behind it! Is it al-queda or boko-haram, or gadaffi?
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2011
DAY11.:

Solution we care for before this attack reach out to you. AM NOT JOKING. We need to stop condemning our President.

I see more coming! U.S. HEY,  lipsrsealed United Freedom,  lipsrsealed  a word to the Wise is enough.

You must have voted for him. I'll tell you the same things I told Nigerians on twitter, since they can't seem to understand the logic in condemning the president.

Like a captain is blamed for a sinking ship, GEJ will be blamed for his failing nation.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by houvest: 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2011
Could be Ghadafi's Nigerian mercenaries sent to protest Nigeria and UN's bias against Ghadafi.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Nyntynplus: 2:21pm On Aug 26, 2011
The poor dont sleep bcoz of hunger while the rich dont sleep bcoz of BOMB, here we go again d season of fresh AIR.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by favour101(m): 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2011
Please this Boko Haram I thought they are fasting na wa oooh for this dudes
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by KnowAll(m): 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2011
I think all organisations in Abuja should really have a CCTV around their Buildings and employ Security Guards who would be going round the Buildings every 20 minutes. I remember in my early days in London during the IRA Campaings,  I was working as a Security Personnel and that was what I did, work round the building every 20 minutes and someone else takes over. Can you imagine if all the buildings in Abuja hire Guards that would be some serious employment for our people, so something good can come out of this with the right policy. We cannot rely entirely on the Police when you are fighting terrorism. There must be a significant civilian input.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by seanet02: 2:24pm On Aug 26, 2011
houvest:

Could be Ghadafi's Nigerian mercenaries sent to protest Nigeria and UN's bias against Ghadafi.
That could just be the reaction of Clueless ODECHUKWU
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by jajaopobo(m): 2:24pm On Aug 26, 2011
DAY11.:

Leave story, who else can we blame if not him. Like the other poster said, this is about the 5th or 6th bomb blast in Abuja in about a year and each time he comes out on TV to give us some cockameme bs story about how he will find and eradicate the bombers. Well so far he hasn't done it. If he cannot address this very serious matter which you yourself agree it is, then he should simply say so, step aside and let us find someone else who will.
In civilized countries, I'm not sure he would have lasted this long as president given all his failed promises and obvious inefficiencies and lack of ideas.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Whitehorse: 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2011
In as much as we assume its Boko Haram, lets wait for the "official" claim of responsibilty. Might be Gaddahi (i know, long theory) angry for Nigeria being the first country in Africa (i think) to recognise the Libyan rebels as the legitimate government of Libya.

Lets wait and see. Very sad thing, its all over the place at my place of work. It can be worrying being a Nigerian abroad, with all the bad news from home.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by 3kay945(m): 2:26pm On Aug 26, 2011
ogugua88:

You must have voted for him. I'll tell you the same things I told Nigerians on twitter, since they can't seem to understand the logic in condemning the president.

Like a captain is blamed for a sinking ship, GEJ will be blamed for his failing nation.
of course , we got to blame him. grin grin
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by boyt1: 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2011
Most of the  Malams in  surport of these Islamic Idiots called Boko what ever, said GEJ sent Joint Millitary force to their State, they condemed the prensence of the Millitary said it was too harsh. Only hopless idiots will condem the president on this one.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by pinkrex(m): 2:28pm On Aug 26, 2011
Whitehorse:

In as much as we assume its Boko Haram, lets wait for the "official" claim of responsibilty. Might be Gaddahi (i know, long theory) angry for Nigeria being the first country in Africa (i think) to recognise the Libyan rebels as the legitimate government of Libya.

Lets wait and see. Very sad thing, its all over the place at my place of work. It can be worrying being a Nigerian abroad, with all the bad news from home.

Its tactical to think ghadafhi myt be involved but like seriously with the issues he has at hands, I dont think Nigeria should be a target for him,
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Chyz2: 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2011
Whitehorse:

You're funny.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Pukkah: 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2011
POTUT:

There is something inherent in Islam, something unspoken, unwritten but nonetheless existent that allows Muslims to become terrorists and justify it with Islam.

That thing is hidden deep in the Arabic language but not found in the Quran, something Muslims from other diluted parts of the world only get to know when they associate with the terrorists.

Why is it that all terrorists who find justification in their religion have an allegiance to Islam?

The terrorists who are not Muslims have NEVER mentioned the Bible, or any other religious text in their propaganda. Why?

@alj harem,
They have not stolen your religion, there is something unwritten in Arabic, (and traceable to Mohammed), only the few , and the undiluted Jews know it.

Is this a gut-feeling or provable?  What's that something?
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by trimwis: 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2011
Here we go again, another CIA backed insurrection. They'll try to split Nigeria up the way they did to Sudan.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Demdem(m): 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2011
jajaopobo:

Leave story, who else can we blame if not him. Like the other poster said, this is about the 5th or 6th bomb blast in Abuja in about a year and each time he comes out on TV to give us some cockameme bs story about how he will find and eradicate the bombers. Well so far he hasn't done it. [b]If he cannot address this very serious matter [/b]which you yourself agree it is, then he should simply say so, step aside and let us find someone else who will.
In civilized countries, I'm not sure he would have lasted this long as president given all his failed promises and obvious inefficiencies and lack of ideas.

actually, there are much more important issues that needs to be tackled. tenure elongation undecided
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by jamace(m): 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2011
Ladies and gentlemen, my heart bleeds over what is happening in our dear country.

Many have adduced reasons why this is happening, ranging from political to religious. Yes, I agree that this is a pure politico-religious contrivance. The disgruntled elements are out to make Nigeria ungovernable as they promised.

Having said the above, why can't our security forces deal or at least come up with concrete evidence on the sponsors of these crimes? My  instinct tells me simply that corruption is the stumbling block. Why did I say this? Life is now on the fast lane where the end justifies the means. Quick money, quick riches and you are hailed as having arrived, but if you are honest and straight forward, even your family members will disown you and call you  all sorts of unprintable names. What am I trying to say here? That our security forces know the perpertrators and sponsors of the bombers but they are silent because they have been "settled" or are making money while the crises last.

Others say disband the police, change the service chiefs and IGP. I just laugh, because no matter who you place there will do the same thing because the person is already a product of the same corrupt society. Nigerians have lost the spirit of patroitism and national service. Greed and self agrandisement is the order of the day. Money first and every other thing will follow, if not why should  serving soldiers use a military vehicle to support the kidnapping of a loyal citizen(Mikel Obi's father)? That is the height of rotteness in our society today. Go to the schools, govt offices, market places and even our churches and mosques, every where is corruption personified.

Boko Haram are human beings living among us. Why have our security agencies not arrested any prominent member or  the sponsors? My mind tells me that MONEY is exchanging hands seriously from the ordinary security personnel to those in authority. The citizens are so disappointed in the government that you hear "Na Nigeria I go chop" and "Nigeria is not worth dying for" to justify corruption.

Finally, Nigeria needs overhauling. The leaders must live uprightly and then fight corruption. The earlier, the better. Without fighting corruption, any taskforce or parastatal set up will be drowned by the Nigerian mentality of "Na Nigeria I go chop" and "Nigeria is not worth dying for" to justify corruption.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by auwal87(m): 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2011
Explain this

Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Chyz2: 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2011
auwal87:

Explain this

Thank u my brother.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by TenKobo1: 2:41pm On Aug 26, 2011
you have yourselves to blame for inflicting this moronic, tolerant and inactive regime on us. A regime that begs terrorists to come and eat while locking up none violent activists.
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by logica(m): 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2011
Beginning of the end of Nigeria
Nah, the beginning of the end of your people. smiley
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by Bawss1(m): 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2011
auwal87:

Explain this

What is there to explain? And what has that got to do with the UN bombing?
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by pinkrex(m): 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2011
Like the Americans would say, 'He lacks military experience' grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Bomb Blast At United Nation Abuja -- BREAKING NEWS by werepeLeri: 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2011
ogugua88:

LOL. I wonder if they listen to you. Who does anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Presidency Orders VC, Registrar To Refund Salaries’ Overpayment / Police Clash With IPOB Members In Ebonyi / Gunmen Kill Okpe Denis Ijoko In Benue, Burn 50 Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.