Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

My Piggy Bank Experience - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Piggy Bank Experience (35512 Views)

Checkout The Money I Saved Within 3 Months With My Piggy Bank / I Just Opened My Piggy Bank ! / Checkout What I Saved From My Piggy Bank After 5 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by Midemi1: 6:45pm On Dec 29, 2022
I opened mine on the 30th of November last, to my surprise i saw #120,500

5 Likes

Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by obinoral1179(m): 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
jaeyking:

A savings preference 1000naira for every goal scored by Barcelona
It's automated

Other clubs are available
o cowry wide?
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by T0BY(m): 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by Fkj2021: 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2022
I have done cowrywise for 2 years now and I say it's wonderful. I do a year plan. That means I can't withdraw till the withdrawal date comes. It has been good so far. I have started saving for 2023 as my start date starts every December.

1 Like

Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by JoyousFurnitire(m): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
jaeyking:

A savings preference 1000naira for every goal scored by Barcelona
It's automated

Other clubs are available
Wow
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by Caleb15(m): 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2022
One of the best thread i've come across on NL

1 Like

Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by JoyousFurnitire(m): 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
kinah:

Is piggyvest still available?
The app is not on playstore
My money is invested there
Couldn't access it due to my lost phone

1 Like

Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by SPAMBOX7: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2022
jaeyking:

Yea
So if Barcelona scores 6goals
I'm debited 6k
Does piggyvest have that feature as well?
Cos it's them I wanna use. Hopefully starting on new year
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by Rinoxy: 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
jaeyking:

This is where piggyvest have human sympathy.
Sorry to tell u
Until February u can't break your savings on Cowrywise

If it was piggy vest you will be charged but Cowrywise it must reach that date before withdrawal

Concerning the savings.
It's based on clubs Barcelona, Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern, manu, man city arsenal.
Once the team plays
If they score 6 goals in that match
6k will be deducted from your bank account card linked with Cowrywise. And every week there is automatic 1k.

Hope u understand
I understood u from the first time I mentioned it, but I want to know if piggyvest does the same goals savings thingy.
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by Rinoxy: 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
troubleshooter:
I'm done with investments for now. Never again in Nigeria. Im still yet to recover while praying to get my 1.7M from crowdyvest. Biko, Count me out
But crowdyvest isn't a savings-only platform.
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by yetty247(f): 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
troubleshooter:
I made a wooden piggy bank in January this year (2022) as a new resolution for the year to consciously save some N1000 and any crispy N500 denomination or 2years. It's about a size of 40x40x25cm.
But the CBN Redesign of the naira made me break it this week to avoid being caught on the losing side. And this is what I found ....
N345,000
It's not even up to a quarter full yet. I stopped saving for few months in Sept to Nov. This was largely due to some hard times and I lost my dad few months ago and had to do the burial.
I'm still thinking of what to do with the money as I'm looking at it.

U can't keep meffy money in piggy like this
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by AutoRedux: 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
Why not save the money online
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by Leebeedo(m): 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
I opened mine months ago and got $5020.00. I am thinking of setting up another one very soon

2 Likes

Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by troubleshooter: 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
ghostwritter:

You don't get it, what he actually meant to say is that ARE YOU A YAHOO BOY?
Sorry I didn't know if that was what he meant. I am not anyway. I do legitimate work. Thanks
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by troubleshooter: 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
samdaisi:
You saved more than 1k in a day going with your story because you have stopped contributions for the pass two months now

yes I did not save every day. And there was no limit to what I save every day. Between 1k, 5k and few times 10k
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by troubleshooter: 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2022
meedoLock:
I've always wanted to try wooden bank's savings. I get thrilled the more whenever people shares their accumulations after breaking it. Though I don't blve Op could extract 345k from that box. Nnnnnnba! Fear God o
Why lie? It's not even 1/4 full. Did you read that I opened it because of the naira redesign? I was not supposed to open it till it was full.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by troubleshooter: 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2022
Toosure70:
This your piggy new o and how the money straight like this?
I don't squeeze it in. The hole in is wide enough to take 5 flat notes in easily.
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by reservd(m): 9:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
[quote author=kinah post=119526727][/quote]
Which play store are you using? App that I downloaded yesterday? Talk another lie abeg, unless your mobile OS version can't run the app
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by troubleshooter: 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ofadaman:
I don't subscribe to this form of savings those,but I see it works for most people, mostly because it gives them some form of hope seeing the box and the excitement of finding something worthwhile after many months of saving. It's the unknown that makes people do it.

But truly, saving with kolo box is for unwise, undisciplined and uninformed folks, because they are at a loss and anytime I see people open boxes to display ,it makes me sick ,it's really not a thing to be happy about but something one should hide in shame to show;

Here's why;
1) They do not earn you any Interest on the money
2) They have no insurance
3) The box can be stolen, lost or affected by unfortunate events like flood or fire.
4) They risk breaking the box early.
5) They are unable to track how much they have kept at any point.

There's no gain in saving with kolo box.
Thanks but no thanks. It was a safer savings style compared to crowdyvest that has swindled me of millions. If it works for us why worry yourself?.

1 Like

Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by jaeyking(m): 9:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
Rinoxy:

I understood u from the first time I mentioned it, but I want to know if piggyvest does the same goals savings thingy.

Na dey dont
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by jaeyking(m): 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
SPAMBOX7:
Does piggyvest have that feature as well?
Cos it's them I wanna use. Hopefully starting on new year

Piggyvest dont have it.

Cowrywise also have things called triggers
You could set a trigger that once you log in Twitter u will be debited
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by Rinoxy: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2022
jaeyking:

Na dey dont
Aiit, thank you.
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by Illegal1(m): 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2022
IGoComotYaTeeth:
Piggyvest will not crash, shey you dey whine

notin is uncrashable in dis country...

if MMM can crash,our currency can crash(our naira is useless)bro...anytin can happen..
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by Eastcoastboy(m): 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2022
jaeyking:

Sorry to tell u

If it was piggy vest you will be charged but Cowrywise it must reach that date before withdrawal

Concerning the savings.
Once the team plays
6k will be deducted from your bank account card linked with Cowrywise. And every week there is automatic 1k.

Hope u understand

Automatic 1k given to you as savings interest or what?
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by odaniel1(m): 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
I look at people who use piggybanks & I laugh hard. Why not embrace technology and use fintech mobile apps? They offer interest, unlike these physical piggybanks that can never offer you return on savings like the ZIMVEST app will do. Open a ZIMVEST app today and earn 10% on your savings annually. No muscle work, no maintenance charges! kiss

Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
odaniel1:
I look at people who use piggybanks & I laugh hard. Why not embrace technology and use fintech mobile apps? They offer interest, unlike these physical piggybanks that can never offer you return on savings like the ZIMVEST app will do. Open a ZIMVEST app today and earn 10% on your savings annually. No muscle work, no maintenance charges! kiss

You should understand that "most" Nigerians love investing in things they can see which is actually good to some certain extent.

This Fintech apps are mostly online, no physical office and all, it will be hard to convince the "average" Nigerian to embrace such, Na tech bro's and Crypto savvy peeps suppose get interest for such things.

3 Likes

Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by Nettybrown(m): 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
troubleshooter:
I made a wooden piggy bank in January this year (2022) as a new resolution for the year to consciously save some N1000 and any crispy N500 denomination or 2years. It's about a size of 40x40x25cm.
But the CBN Redesign of the naira made me break it this week to avoid being caught on the losing side. And this is what I found ....
N345,000
It's not even up to a quarter full yet. I stopped saving for few months in Sept to Nov. This was largely due to some hard times and I lost my dad few months ago and had to do the burial.

Abeg na how una dry take see money self?

1 Like

Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by DrDunamis(m): 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
troubleshooter:
N345,000
Congratulations �

1 Like

Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by cayorday89(m): 10:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
Missktinz:

I wish there was a way. They are no longer paying and now forcing investors to become owners in a business no one understands. How a company went from millions (in dollars) of grants, loans and investments to this...mismanagement!
I can relate with this, I have lose hope already on it, but I chose one of the many options of the new format which I doubt it's viability, not that I am thinking about htw money, each time I see their mail, I get annoyed. Farm Sponsor is not even anywhere to be found.. Those people over chop our money...
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by Successs1010: 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2022
nice one, i will also do mine next year 100%

Are you a trader in need of a good and profitable forex trading bot? check the link below for more details.. https://www.fiverr.com/share/vx9N3L
Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by odaniel1(m): 10:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

You should understand that "most" Nigerians love investing in things they can see which is actually good to some certain extent.

This Fintech apps are mostly online, no physical office and all, it will be hard to convince the "average" Nigerian to embrace such, Na tech bro's and Crypto savvy peeps suppose get interest for such things.

These apps are not ghostly floatations. Prospects can seek explanations about registered businesses that have real offices behind them by contacting regulatory agencies like the SEC (Securities & Exchange Commission) or even the CAC. Instead of needing to physically stress yourself out, technology gives you the chance to receive a comprehensive view of your investments and portfolio worth from the comfort of anywhere in the world and on mobile devices.
Simply download the [b]ZIMVEST [/b]app now on Google Play/Apple IOS stores for Android & Apple users respectively.

1 Like

Re: My Piggy Bank Experience by KingMack(m): 11:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
jaeyking:

Sorry to tell u

Concerning the savings.
Once the team plays

Hope u understand

Can you drop your number pls so you can enlighten me more please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Introduces ‘Naira 4 Dollar Scheme’ For Diaspora Remittances / What You Need To Know About CBN’s Lifting Forex Restriction On 43 Items / Naira Set To Rise Further This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.