Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View (3443 Views)

How To Save Whatsapp Status Without Using Any Status Saver App / Help Incoming Calls Not Showing On Screen / How Do I Stop Unwanted Ads Showing On My Phone Always (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by fineboynl(m): 9:56pm On Nov 25, 2022
I was shocked when someone commented on my status without showing on status viewed.

And it remained me on some girls that has never viewed my profile. I need some clarification.
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by Akinowon123(m): 10:28pm On Nov 25, 2022
It's a setting on WhatsApp where u select privacy and off ur READ RECEIPT. When u send message, u won't know if the person has seen it because it won't turn to blue and same happens to their messages when you open it, they won't know you did.
So once u have that setting, it will affect ur status too.
Those seeing your status without you knowing are with such setting.

To activate, go to setting> privacy> OFF read receipt

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by jomarick(m): 10:31pm On Nov 25, 2022
fineboynl:
I was shocked when someone commented on my status without showing on status viewed.

And it remained me on some girls that has never viewed my profile. I need some clarification.
its simple the person simply turned off read receipt. when read receipt is off, u go incognito. Similarly, no-one would be able to view your status too when it's on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by Curious345: 5:06am On Nov 26, 2022
fineboynl:

okay dear ..someone had already explained it to you
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by NnamdiN: 6:49am On Nov 26, 2022
jomarick:
its simple the person simply turned off read receipt. when read receipt is off, u go incognito. Similarly, no-one would be able to view your status too when it's on
your last line is false. The status can ve viewed but the count or who viewed won't show.

13 Likes

Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by horpe132(m): 6:59am On Nov 26, 2022
fineboynl:

Yea, I think that option is available to iPhone only....
There's nothing you can do abt it
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by Gadafii: 7:25am On Nov 26, 2022
horpe132:

Yea, I think that option is available to iPhone only....
There's nothing you can do abt it

It’s available on all phones supported by WhatsApp, na WhatsApp update na

Just remove your read receipts no one will see that you have read their messages, similarly when you view their status they won’t know you viewed it, when they view your status too, the count shows no one has viewed your status

8 Likes

Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by Nairalander248: 7:43am On Nov 26, 2022
fineboynl:

It's done using FMwhatspp Mods or GBwhatsapp mods settings

5 Likes

Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by sholey4love: 8:09am On Nov 26, 2022
The OP was talking about his WhatsApp status. Here is the reason why some people view your status and you didn't see it on viewed status.
The person is using GB WhatsApp. This is different from normal WhatsApp.
With GB WhatsApp i can view your status without you knowing but if i comment you will see my comment.
If i want to let you know, i will need to click on seen button on you status (i.e the pic or text you post) from my GB WhatsApp.
Normal WhatsApp doesn't have this feature

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by horpe132(m): 8:22am On Nov 26, 2022
Gadafii:

It’s available on all phones supported by WhatsApp, na WhatsApp update na

Just remove your read receipts no one will see that you have read their messages, similarly when you view their status they won’t know you viewed it, when they view your status too, the count shows no one has viewed your status
Oh ok, thanks
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by falcon01: 8:23am On Nov 26, 2022
fineboynl:

If when you text them it turns blue then The person is using a modified version of whatsapp, but if its not blue then the person turned of read receipts.
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by Owologbo(m): 9:51am On Nov 26, 2022
Akinowon123:
It's a setting on WhatsApp where u select privacy and off ur READ RECEIPT. When u send message, u won't know if the person has seen it because it won't turn to blue and same happens to their messages when you open it, they won't know you did.
So once u have that setting, it will affect ur status too.
Those seeing your status without you knowing are with such setting.

To activate, go to setting> privacy> OFF read receipt
You should have let him know that that feature is for all WhatsApp too.
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by Owologbo(m): 9:53am On Nov 26, 2022
horpe132:

Yea, I think that option is available to iPhone only.... ... There's nothing you can do abt it
Not true. GB Whatsapp and other non regular WhatsApp has the feature for every phone.
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by Jun10r(m): 10:52am On Nov 26, 2022
fineboynl:

good day boss
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by horpe132(m): 11:28am On Nov 26, 2022
Owologbo:

Not true.
GB Whatsapp and other non regular WhatsApp has the feature for every phone.
Ok
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by Rexymania(m): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2022
That person is using GB Whatsapp. Simple

1 Like

Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by Bimpe29: 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2022
Nairalander248:

It's done using FMwhatspp Mods or GBwhatsapp mods settings
You have answered the question appropriately.
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by eventainment(m): 2:03pm On Nov 26, 2022
fineboynl:

GB WhatsApp
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by Achor1111(m): 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
sholey4love:
The OP was talking about his WhatsApp status. Here is the reason why some people view your status and you didn't see it on viewed status.
The person is using GB WhatsApp. This is different from normal WhatsApp.
With GB WhatsApp i can view your status without you knowing but if i comment you will see my comment.
If i want to let you know, i will need to click on seen button on you status (i.e the pic or text you post) from my GB WhatsApp.
Normal WhatsApp doesn't have this feature
Here is the reason
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by Timagex(m): 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2022
Format weh don cast! grin
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by etrange: 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2022
falcon01:
If when you text them it turns blue then The person is using a modified version of whatsapp, but if its not blue then the person turned of read receipts.

Not necessarily. They might go incognito just to view his status and reset it afterwards, right?
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by falcon01: 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2022
etrange:

Not necessarily. They might go incognito just to view his status and reset it afterwards, right?
he said she replied, so he'll respond too and he'll definitely see the blue or gray.
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by etrange: 5:17pm On Nov 26, 2022
falcon01:
he said she replied, so he'll respond to he'll definitely see the blue or gray.

I get you, but he didn't mention he saw the blue ticks. Besides, like I said, she could also be pranking him by putting on the incognito mode before viewing and commenting on the status and then putting it off immediately afterwards. This way, he'd still see the blue ticks when he replies.

I'm not saying that is what happened, I'm saying it's a possibility.
Re: Someone Commented On My Status Without Showing On View by falcon01: 5:28pm On Nov 26, 2022
etrange:

I get you, but he didn't mention he saw the blue ticks. Besides, like I said, she could also be pranking him by putting on the incognito mode before viewing and commenting on the status and then putting it off immediately afterwards. This way, he'd still see the blue ticks when he replies.

I'm not saying that is what happened, I'm saying it's a possibility.
exactly that's why I asked if he saw the blue tick or not then your option becomes part of it

(1) (Reply)

BlackBerry Torch 9860 Phone / Tecno Phone Users Can Get A Free Accessory From 3C HUB / Please, Help! My Infinix Hot Note Needs Attention.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.