Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Curse God And Die - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Curse God And Die (186 Views)

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / How Those Who Curse God Almighty In Their Hearts And Publicly Fare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Curse God And Die by God2man2again(m): 6:39am On Nov 26, 2022
That was the statement from the wife of Job after God tested him with great tribulation.

Job 4:9 " Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity?
CURSE GOD, AND DIE"

For the wife of a righteous man to utter such a statement, it means that the suffering was severe, deadly and unbearable.

Now, the question is, can this present generation of christian experience this kind of affliction?

it may not be as severe as this but there is a Biblical prophecy already by our Lord Jesus Christ, the Author and finisher of our faith:

John 16:33" These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world"

Depending on the leg you are standing on, there are two legs here, one, in me, that is in Christ, we shall have peace.
Two, which is the other leg is the world, we shall have tribulation, in the world, we shall have tribulation, it means that the world hates reproof, the world hates evil, christians are on the opposing sides, so the world will not like our style and preaching, they will hate us, that may bring the tribulation.

God also hates it when a Christian is in friendship with the world, God may use his rod of affliction ito correct us and redirect us so that we can become a better christian.

Now, here, wisdom is profitable to direct, in the time of our affliction, God chastised us to shape us into destiny position so that the character of Christ can be formed in us.

God needs your attention, God needs your cooperation, God needs you to take correction, God needs you to listen to his warnings because if you don't listen or cooperate with him, you begin to take offense, you begin to complain, you begin to get angry against God, you begin to say the wrong things like the wife of Job.
" Curse God and die"
" What has God done for me"
" Shame on you God"
" This is my last time of going to church"
" Why me God"
" What have I done to deserve this"
" Why are bad things happening to me despite all my dedication and prayers in the Church"
" Why are my prayers not answered"
" Why the delay"
" Is it only me"
" Why are unbelievers prospering more than me"
Why can't prayers solve my problem"
" Why is my tithe not working"
" Why am I in debt"
" What is making things difficult"
" Why are my enemies so strong"

If you continue to complain and murmur like this, it may be difficult for God to do anything for you. Infact, God may decide to take the person away.

Instead, you glory in tribulation.

Romans 5:3 " And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;"

James 1:3-4 " Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect entire, wanting nothing"

A story was told by the man of God, the sister prayed before the marriage and God said marry this stinking and unpresentable brother, she complained and prayed, God told him that the beginning of the marriage will be rough, tough, things will be very hard for the family but after the period of suffering, the family will be stinkingly rich.
She got the message and married the brother.
Ha! Things were so bad. It was terrible, ugly to the extent that to eat became a problem but thanks be to God his grace and for the secret revealed to her, she stayed.
Now, the story has changed, the family has become rich.

What if, the sister did not receive any revelation, then the sister may run away or divorce her husband.
The sister can even say, why are we serving God? She may decide to try beggarly powers, herbalist, witches, sorcery, native doctor to solve the problem but thanks be to God for the secret God revealed to her.
It is the grace of God

There is no problem that has no solution.

We just have to cooperate with God so that he can mould us to the right shape in Christ Jesus.

May God help us.

(1) (Reply)

Please Take A Moment &say A Word Of Prayer For Her.she Had An Emergency Surgery! / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/12/2022 / If People In The Lake Of Fire Are Anhillated How Come

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.