Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Career: Making Money From Your Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career: Making Money From Your Career (166 Views)

My Company Deduct Pension Money From Our Salaries Without Paying To Our PFAs / How To Start A Freelancing Career Making A Lot Of Money / What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career: Making Money From Your Career by Amazingrace21(f): 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2022
Career is a job or work of interest a person decides to do in order to earn a living and also invest, career is a lifetime journey. There are different types of careers in our society today. These careers included; engineering, Medical lines, Nursing, Teaching, Architecture, Copywriting, Videography, music, acting etc. They are numerous to mention.

Since career is an area of interest, a job someone loves and practice for a long time. Why do some parents impose their own dreams on their children. It's not fair.

Any child forced into a career by his or her parents will later abandon that career and go for his or her dream career. Dear parents, haven't you seen or even heard of a medical student after 6-7 years in school, immediately after graduation will bring back home the certificate and then go become a dancer?

Funny and painful right? What does that tells you?

I'm a testimony, my dream was to be a lawyer but my mom discouraged and talked me out of my dreams, I packed my locker and books from Art class to Science class, I was able to scale through, after 3 years in senior secondary school. I sat for the WASSCE and I passed my science papers in flying colours. But the painful thing is that today my mates are in 300 Level in school but I am still figuring out how to rewrite Art subjects in the upcoming WASSCE and JAMB so I can pursue my dreams. This time around my mom gave her full consent. Irrespective of everything I love her, she's a wonderful woman.

Do you know why she gave her consent? She told me that it was after my SSCE/WASSCE she really paid attention to my attributes, capabilities and attitude especially academically and intellectually then she realized her daughter Amazingrace is an inborn lawyer and will definitely succeed in the law field.
I so much love argument, you can never win me in an argument, when it gets heated out of pity I allow you win if I want to. Argument is my hobby, I so much hate seeing people been denied of their right. I love seeing Justice prevailing, most atimes I go extra mile to see an innocent person is proved guiltless.

You can now see my mom made a costly mistake for me. Science is an exciting and wonderful field but in my own case, it's a total waste of Time, energy, resources and intellect.

I am happy at least it's not very late. It might be too late but,it better things are corrected now than Never.

Please stop forcing your children into your dreams. Rather help them, work with them, hold them by hand and direct them through their choose career.

Yours
Amazingrace

Contact me for your articles, Copywriting, Social media Content etc

(1) (Reply)

What Online Business Is Popular Right Now / A Dearborn Mortgage Company You Can Trust / Job Vs Career: The Untold Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.