Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag (812 Views)

Buhari Backs CBN Over Old Naira Deadline Amid Outcry For Extension / Lawyer Criticized Over Old Tweet Describing Obi As The 'Worst Governor' / South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by OLAADEX(m): 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
A social media post has claimed that Nasir el-Rufai, governor of Kaduna state, urged Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the presidential flagbearer of the ruling party to withdraw his presidential ambition due to old age.

Dele Momodu, publisher of Ovation Magazine, and director of strategic communications for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) campaign posted a video of el-Rufai speaking in Hausa on his Instagram page on November  19, 2022.

“El-Rufai on Tinubu. “When you get to a certain age, you should thank God and leave others to continue. Since they said it must be Tinubu, we are watching. His energy is failing from what I saw of him when we were together the day before yesterday,” reads the caption of the post.

Also, Reno Omokri, former special adviser to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan, posted a smaller portion of the same footage on Twitter with the caption “English version of el-Rufai video telling Tinubu he is not fit to be president!”.

With the aid of InVID video verification tool, the video footage was traced to a 56 minutes Facebook Live broadcast held by El-Rufai on July 27, 2022, where the governor responded in Hausa to questions from journalists.

He responded by saying that he wasn’t interested in any position and therefore would not contest for the Kaduna central senatorial seat.

He said he is 62 years old and becoming weak, therefore, he would rather pave way for other young people.

“The tip of the pen is already dry. There is a candidate for that position, it is Muhammad Sani Dattijo,” el-Rufai said.

“He is my person, I put him there, he has agreed to do it and I believe he’ll even do a better job than what Sen. Uba Sani has done in the Senate. I didn’t come out to do politics my whole life. Before politics, I was a businessman,” he added.

El-Rufai didn’t say Tinubu is too old to run

TheCable translated the entire Facebook live media chat and realised that el-Rufai was referring to himself, expressing his feelings on his personal retirement plans.

“Before the primaries, I told Tinubu clearly, because he told me he wants me to help him and I said to him, we will surely help you but know that I don’t want anything because I’m tired.

“I thank God for everything. I told him the work I’ve done is enough, but he said it’s not enough that I’m not tired, and we will talk about it again. So, I told him, we should continue dragging, but I won’t do it, I don’t want any position,” he said.

Verdict

The claim that el-Rufai said Tinubu is too old for his presidential ambition is misleading.  The governor of Kaduna in the media chat was referring to his personal retirement plans and not Tinubu’s presidential ambition.

TheCable translated the entire Facebook live media chat and realised that el-Rufai was referring to himself, expressing his feelings on his personal retirement plans.

https://www.facebook.com/282962855212714/posts/pfbid024R42Ejxy1isRqtRkj4yQsr3Yx7dJRqMJiCrSd1K4S4drVEpRjXX7c1qAa1SdKbeil/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by PrinceOfLagos: 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
Yes he did , I have the video

El rufai said they've told Tinubu to step down for a more healthy and energetic APC candidate but Tinubu refused

He also said that Tinubu knows he's not healthy yet he wants to go ahead with the presidential race

Let me get the video on Twitter

Here is the video on Twitter , it's in Hausa
https://twitter.com/tkayose/status/1594188620113608705?t=kNbNW5v4FLJ-TF5n-lWOgg&s=19

2 Likes

Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by Sandrawriter(f): 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2022
Unnecessary doings
Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by OLAADEX(m): 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Yes he did

Where is your brain?

Ohhhh you have been brainwashed

1 Like

Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by PrinceOfLagos: 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2022
Saying that El rufai was referring to himself is laughable

2 Likes

Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by EtinosaDLaw(m): 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2022
OLAADEX:

Where is your brain?

Is it that there's no other good news about Bulaba that y'all had to fact-check El Rufai's gaffe multiple times?

6 Likes

Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by PrinceOfLagos: 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2022
OLAADEX:

Where is your brain?

I speak and understand Hausa very well . I will get the video now for everyone that understands Hausa to listen and translate

1 Like

Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by OLAADEX(m): 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Yes he did , I have the video

El rufai said they've told Tinubu to step down for a more healthy and energetic APC candidate but Tinubu refused

He also said that Tinubu knows he's not healthy yet he wants to go ahead with the presidential race

Let me get the video on Twitter

Something must be wrong with you

The claim that el-Rufai said Tinubu is too old for his presidential ambition is misleading. The governor of Kaduna in the media chat was referring to his personal retirement plans and not Tinubu’s presidential ambition.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by PrinceOfLagos: 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2022
OLAADEX:

Something must be wrong with you

The claim that el-Rufai said Tinubu is too old for his presidential ambition is misleading. The governor of Kaduna in the media chat was referring to his personal retirement plans and not Tinubu’s presidential ambition.

Internet never forgets

I get all una receipt for hand

Here is the video on Twitter it's in Hausa language
https://twitter.com/tkayose/status/1594188620113608705?t=kNbNW5v4FLJ-TF5n-lWOgg&s=19

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by PrinceOfLagos: 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2022
We will continue to burst Tinubu and his supporters lies with the truth
Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by OLAADEX(m): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
We will continue to burst Tinubu and his supporters lies with the truth

Which lies?

Did you read and comprehend at all?

Why am I arguing with you

1 Like

Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by PrinceOfLagos: 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2022
OLAADEX:

Which lies?

Did you read and comprehend at all?

Why am I arguing with you
Stop running and come back

I thought you were flapping your wings at me, you think this is 2015 and 2019 we allowed you guys to use lies to run down goodluck Jonathan government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by MoneySEASON: 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2022
Just calm down, the shock he'll get when Obi is announced as president will k#ll him.

His heart isn't strong, even mosquitoe bite to his heart will k#ll him grin

Old fool grin

1 Like

Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by Oddfinder01: 10:13pm On Nov 26, 2022
APV+APC=PVC
Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by PrinceOfLagos: 10:13pm On Nov 26, 2022
MoneySEASON:
Just calm down, the shock he'll get when Obi is announces as president will k#ll him.

His heart isn't strong, even mosquitoe bite to his heart will k#ll him grin

Old fool grin
This Tinubu supporters thought they smart because we allowed them use lies to run down goodluck Jonathan government in 2015

That we saw all the lies by Tinubu and his urchins spew about Jonathan and look away then no mean sey Dem smart but we won't allow it happen again this time

3 Likes

Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by MoneySEASON: 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

This Tinubu supporters thought they smart because we allowed them use lies to run down goodluck Jonathan government in 2015

That we saw all the lies by Tinubu and his urchins spew about Jonathan and look away then no mean sey Dem smart but we won't allow it happen again this time

We're wiser now and we will not give up.

Don't mind urchins. Their candidate that's calling PVC APV APC grin
Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by PrinceOfLagos: 10:18pm On Nov 26, 2022
MoneySEASON:

We're wiser now and we will not give up.

Don't mind urchins. Their candidate that's calling PVC APV APC grin
Tinubu is a foolish old man, I saw the video of the drug thief telling Nigerians to get their APV instead of PVC

The man head don turn
Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by MoneySEASON: 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu is a foolish old man, I saw the video of the drug thief telling Nigerians to get their APV instead of PVC

The man head don turn

Somebody that his age is showing shege

He has amnesia. Can't even stand on his own without any support.
Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by PrinceOfLagos: 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2022
MoneySEASON:

Somebody that his age is showing shege

He has amnesia. Can't even stand on his own without any support.
Baba wey no well wan be president
Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by OLAADEX(m): 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

When are you deactivating your account?

You suppose to get small shame nah

Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by PrinceOfLagos: 10:24pm On Nov 26, 2022
OLAADEX:

When are you deactivating your account?

You suppose to get small shame nah

You no wan argue with me again?
Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by MoneySEASON: 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Baba wey no well wan be president

He hasn't faced his problems na Nigeria problem him won solve.

May death locate him in his sleep sef.
Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by PrinceOfLagos: 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2022
MoneySEASON:

He hasn't faced his problems na Nigeria problem him won solve.

May death locate him in his sleep sef.
He won't die , Obidients are civilised people. He will be alive to congratulate his Excellency and the next President of Nigeria, Mr Peter Obi in 2023
Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by MoneySEASON: 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

He won't die , Obidients are civilised people. He will be alive to congratulate his Excellency and the next President of Nigeria, Mr Peter Obi in 2023

Normal grin If pride and hatred will even allow him.
Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by PrinceOfLagos: 10:31pm On Nov 26, 2022
MoneySEASON:

Normal grin If pride and hatred will even allow him.
He no get choice

He go bow congratulate Mr Peter Obi on his election victory
Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by MoneySEASON: 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

He no get choice

He go bow congratulate Mr Peter Obi on his election victory

So shall it be, Amiiinnnnnn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by Donwilson88: 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2022
Its not a very wrong advice!
He wants him to live more!
Nigeria is tideous it will make you old and kill you
Re: FACT Check:did El-rufai Ask Tinubu To Withdraw Presidential Ambition Over Old Ag by Praxis758: 4:23am On Nov 27, 2022
Fact checking is now part of our democratic and political life.

Seems it has come to stay.

(1) (Reply)

Watch!! As Wike Slams Labour Party Church Campaigns, Says It Is Unacceptable / Tinubu Is Not Sponsoring Biafra;he Has Two Governors Supporting Him From SE-IPOB / Ortom:No Agreement With APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.