Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

How Do Io Create Ribbon Ui In Java - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do Io Create Ribbon Ui In Java (4924 Views)

Google IO 2013 Now Live / I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA / Google IO Update For The Google Apps Developer Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do Io Create Ribbon Ui In Java by Sparzrc1: 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2011
Hey gurus,

am having a little challenge with my lingua franca - Java.

So am calling on the founders and fathers of the language for help wink.

I was working on a project and i used SWT Ribbon tool bar. But I don't know if SWT Ribbon gives you the ability to add widgets to the RibbonShell

if it does, please show me how. If not sad, is there a better API for implementing the Ribbon Tool bar in Java?
Re: How Do Io Create Ribbon Ui In Java by naijaswag1: 10:01pm On Dec 27, 2011
This is post is old,I saw it while trying to add widgets,canvas and composite to a ribbonshell.what i had to do was to call the getShell method of my RibbonShell class which returns the underlying swt shell like this

GridLayout glMainBoard = new GridLayout();
glMainBoard.numColumns = 2;
shell.getShell().setLayout(glMainBoard);

so i set the ribbontabfolder to its own space using griddata thus

GridData gdFolder = new GridData(GridData.FILL, GridData.FILL, true, true);
gdFolder.horizontalSpan = 2;
gdFolder.heightHint = 30;
folder.setLayoutData(gdFolder);

You can see,its gridlayout,i bet you know its very flexible and then placed other widgets as i wanted.I hope this helps.let me show you a screen shot of what it looks like.dont mind the ugliness,this is design stage.

(1) (Reply)

Wrote My First HTML Page. / Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source] / Operation Prove Your Programming Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.