Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor (35015 Views)

Programme For Ademola Adeleke's Swearing-In Ceremony As Osun Governor (Photo) / Obasanjo, Obi Meet With Wike, Others In London / Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React (2) (3) (4)

Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by 2mercy: 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2022
Ademola Adeleke has been sworn in as Osun State governor at the Osogbo city stadium.

Speaking after his swearing-in, Adeleke said he is aware of the expectations from the residents in the state and that he will be a servant to all.

The governor said his reforms would cut across education, security, healthcare, infrastructure, local government administration, judiciary, and public service, adding that his administration will be labour-friendly workers in the state.

“I am well aware of the fact that my responsibility as governor and chief security entails meeting the expectation of our people,” Adeleke said.

PDP members at Adeleke’s inauguration include Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the PDP; Iyorchia Ayu, PDP national chairman; Bukola Saraki, former senate president; former governors, and pop star David Adeleke known as Davido.

Notable absentees include Rivers State governor Nyesom Wike, Oyo State governor Seyi Makinde and other members of the Integrity Group, who are at loggerheads with the leadership of the PDP and its candidate Atiku.

Adeleke, who contested the governorship election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), defeated Gboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who was seeking re-election.

Adeleke secured 403, 371 votes to defeat Oyetola who polled 375,027 votes.

PDP Governors’ Forum, under the leadership of Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, the Governor of Sokoto State, has congratulated Adeleke, on his inauguration as Governor of Osun State.

The forum in a statement on Sunday noted that Adeleke’s July 2022 victory at the polls was a testimony to the gallant efforts, hard-work, teamwork, skillful campaigns, efficient resource allocation, openness, and humility exhibited by His Excellency over the years.

“At the campaigns, he concentrated on issues that mattered most to Osun people and they in turn responded in kind with their votes, bestowing on him and the PDP an earth-shaking victory of historic proportions.

“This proves once again that God’s time is the best. He chooses the time and the place.

“This mandate has all the trapping of the love and prayers of the people. The PDP – GF looks forward to a very engaging and prosperous first tenure for Governor Adeleke and enjoin all the people of the state to continue to pray for him, support him with their undiluted loyalty, as his heart is full of love and concern for their wellbeing.”

https://guardian.ng/news/makinde-wike-others-absent-at-ademola-adelekes-swearing-in-as-osun-governor/

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by God1000(m): 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
The only two PDP governors in South West are not in good terms.

Makinde should have extended olive branch since, but he allowed things to spiral out of control, he's fighting too many battles in his own party both in oyo, South West region and at the national level.

I don't see him winning second term

56 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by OGwales(m): 9:04pm On Nov 27, 2022
Obviously the message has being sent, a house decided against itself can not stand.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by temitope27(m): 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2022
JAGABAN IS COMING

156 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by rolams(m): 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2022
Makinde is the most stupid of all. Your fellow brother?

Are they fighting Ayu, like this?

65 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by jeromestarks: 9:44pm On Nov 27, 2022
For Atiku, hit like

For Tinubu, hit share.

Obi knows that Nigerians know that he knows he can't win.

Modified:
Atiku. 22
Tinubu. 10

Stat as at 10:17pm on 27/11/2022.

BATifieds, where una dey?

Hope una go comot on election day shaa.

Update

Atiku. 25
Tinubu. 18
@ 10:25pm. Same day.

Update:
Atiku. 97.
Tinubu. 69
@5:11am on 28/11/2022.

Voting ends 12 noon.

Voting ENDS. (It's 12:00pm on 28/11/2022)
Atiku 148
Tinubu. 113 votes.

156 Likes 116 Shares

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by Reporting34(f): 9:44pm On Nov 27, 2022
Please everyone don't mind this fraudsters Anthony okeke is back with a full forces to continue scamming Nairaland people with the same format he has always been using, so just check the format oloriburuku man is still using to defraud a lot of people's here on Nairaland just be aware not to be scam

Please dear everyone, please forgive me for posting this, if I can help myself I won't be begging. I am seeking assistance from well meaning Nigerians to help save my life. Please sirs and ma's, my name is Faith , am a 26 years old single mom of 1. My son is just 2 years old. I used to be a hairdresser before my present predicament. In August of 2021 I fell very sick and was rush to the hospital by my neighbour. Doctor said that I will have to be admitted because by the time that they have prescribed several drugs for me, my hands and both of my legs has developed rashes and started to swell up. The swelling got worst and more severe as time went by, eventually leading to multiple skin ulcers. Preliminary results shows that I was diagnosed with blood infection. I also urgently require prolonged sore Management with Vacuum Assisted Closure Device and skin graft to help regain my normal life again but unfortunately I can't treat myself because I don't have enough on me. Doctor said the procedure will require 1.3million Naira to give me my life back and so far I've been able to raise only 300 thousand with the help of my friends and some kind hearted well wishers who have taken pity for me in the past few months. Pleas sirs and ma's, am an orphan both my parents are late. I have been trying every possible best to raise the remainder to no avail. I don't have any property to sell again and I cannot work in this my condition pls I beg of you, I can't even look after my 2 years old son, that's why am pleading with any well meaning person pls

Don't even send a penny to this fraudsters

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by DSC7: 9:46pm On Nov 27, 2022
They must not necessarily be there.....

They are OBIdient at heart....

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by abraham324: 9:46pm On Nov 27, 2022
G5 in action, may be the governor is on Atiku side.

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by Harrynight(m): 9:46pm On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by iCauseTrouble: 9:46pm On Nov 27, 2022

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by Ijoba4lyf(m): 9:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
Nobody send them oh... Their absence no mean anything.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by Lionking1913(m): 9:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
See as u dey mumu ursef
jeromestarks:
For Atiku, hit like

For Tinubu, hit share.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by DSC7: 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2022
temitope27:
JAGABAN IS COMING

You mean Jagabandit is coming with the 40 thieves? shocked....

Hope you have your APV to vote your dead brain Balablu? undecided

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by ganisucks(f): 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2022
No problem. They will unite under the Obidient banner in September 2023, after President Obi has clocked 100 days in office.

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by sukar886: 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
Stop posting rubbish , must they be there, n wahoo

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by slivertongue: 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
its d fall out of a house divided against itself
Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by doggedfighter(f): 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
I asked after the G5 earlier today.

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by valentinenkem: 9:50pm On Nov 27, 2022
Congratulations new governor

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:50pm On Nov 27, 2022
Party in Disarray

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by ganisucks(f): 9:50pm On Nov 27, 2022
temitope27:
JAGABAN IS COMING
Obanikoro is coming... coming to replace Tinubu as the leader of MURIC politicians.

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by Dialpad: 9:52pm On Nov 27, 2022
So many cases on his head .... impeachment loading

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by Sonnobax15(m): 9:53pm On Nov 27, 2022
I hope Atiku dey get the message in HD version cha.....

Chaiii,Osun state money go too enter entertainment industry.oh shocked

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by money121(m): 9:54pm On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by Gospel3(m): 9:54pm On Nov 27, 2022
He isn't part of them
Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by espeeroke: 9:55pm On Nov 27, 2022
Makinde has chosen the wrong road. Bad.

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by ganisucks(f): 9:56pm On Nov 27, 2022
I just heard INEC office in Ebonyi was burnt down. I doff my hat to APC. So far as INEC refuses to let them rig, the ruling party will keep on acting out. It's clear that Baba Bourdillion and the 40 thieves will be dragged out of power kicking and screaming.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by DMerciful(m): 9:57pm On Nov 27, 2022
Obi has the clearest pathway to victory!

BVAS is Obidient!
jeromestarks:
For Atiku, hit like

For Tinubu, hit share.

Re: Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor by chrisxxx(m): 9:57pm On Nov 27, 2022
Makinde has got no reason not to witness Adeleke inauguration. They might have supported different candidates but this is the time to reason together.

Presidential Poll: Soldiers Arrive Lagos’ Streets / INEC Declares Rivers Re-Run INCONCLUSIVE / Sorry State Of Ikeja Bus Terminal Months After It Was Commissioned By Buhari