Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

I Will Never Be Sick- Pastor Chris Oyhiakilome - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Will Never Be Sick- Pastor Chris Oyhiakilome (300 Views)

"Buhari Will Be Sick And Unfit" Primate Ayodele Releases Shocking 2021prophecies / ''masturbation Is Not A Sin " - Says Pastor Chris / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter Just Got Engaged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Be Sick- Pastor Chris Oyhiakilome by thankless(m): 6:09am On Nov 28, 2022
I was surfing through the internet this morning and I came upon a video in which Pastor Chris Oyhiakilome of Christ Embassy was yelling "I can never be sick in my life"! I looked at his page and saw where he was telling his listeners not to give sickness an excuse in thier lives. While these are good wishes, I believe reality is another matter.

In fact, after watching the video, it was recent images of Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, the founder of the Abuja based COZA church that came to mind. Inasmuch as I sympathize with the man and wish him speedy recovery, his experience only serves to buttress what I've always known! That we humans are frail, weak, and none of us, no matter how so called spiritual the person, is immune to either good or bad! Including Pastor Chris!

In the Holy Bible, the religious God is quoted as telling Adam "...for dust you are and to dust you will return.” I mean, without any semantics, if the Creator of everything tells you that you were taken from dust and will end up as dust what does that say to you? I mean, have you ever paused to reflect on what dust is? Dust! Where were you before you were created? Nowhere! If the one who created you is telling you that eventually you will return to nowhere, that you are nothing, where does Pastors Chris and others like him get the idea that they are invincible from? �

Chris should suspend seeing his doctor or following his advise, he should stop exercising, living and feeding well for two years and come back and tell us how far! �

No man born of a woman is immune to ill-health and death. This is a fact even a child should know! Unless one chooses deceit or willful ignorance. Even Jesus didn't say one will not be sick. Even Nature permit ill-health so good health can be appreciated and protected.

We are probably the first, and perhaps the only species on this planet to be aware of the inevitability of our own end. And as if to prop this fact, sometimes ago the great Stephen Hawkins "set an expiry date’" on humanity. This is the entire humanity itself o, that we are being told faces the grim reality of disappearance, how much less one tiny human being, induced by members' offering, here boasting "I can never be sick" and some gullible people are clapping and shouting "Ride on pastor!" �. As a matter of fact, if the entire planet earth were to explode tomorrow and disappear, the universe will not even notice something has happened...that's to tell you how insignificant we are as humans!

This delusion of self importance, I am this, I am that, "I am the apple of God's eye", "I am fearfully and wonderfully made" etc, are all the religious offshoot of an archaic understanding of reality, and sadly many religious people still hold on to those delusions today! Little wonder then when bad things happens to them, rather than look inwards, they will be asking "God why?", even though they don't ask the same question when good things happen to them o. �

There's really nothing to all the noise today. No single power in these pastors. Infact, if there's any shred of power in the noise of these pentecostal pastors, it is the power that the people, through thier individual positive energies, breathe into the activities in these places of worship like anywhere else, and this too can be studied...

Archbishop Idahosa of blessed memory was the biggest thing to happen to the pentecostal movement in Nigeria, he died suddenly in 1998! Recently, TB Joshua who could be said to have filled the space he left in terms of "miracle" performance, though he himself was "healing" people and selling healing oil, he was reported to be secretly seeing doctors till he himself died suddenly last year, may he rest in peace. The upstart charlatan in the town of Auchi in Edo State, who boasted of making someone evaporate in an airport toilet in Nigeria only to recondense in Germany, and also boasted of crediting people's account with alerts from heaven, was recently saved by, not the power he boasts of, but a bullet proof car, in an attack where his maids and security, who didn't have the privilege of bullet proof car, were gunned down. RCCG's Adeboye who's handkerchief is reported to have the power of waking a corpse in a mougue, recently lost his own son, after weeping, baba buried the poor man, even though I'm sure he still had heaps of the miracle handkerchiefs in his reserve!

So you see that we are all humans! We are frail. We are weak. None of us, no matter who you are, is immune to good or bad. Good or bad comes to us all, and the factors that determine who good or bad comes to varies, and they have absolutely nothing to do with spirituality or so. That's why it is said, weep with those who weep, and rejoice with those who rejoice.

I believe if there is anything that the reality of our frailty as humans should incite in us, it should be a deep reflection, on ourselves and on our duty to our fellow human beings. In matters of health, try to exercise, eat well, live well and follow your doctor's (not pastor's) advise! Let us love one another, and be good to people irrespective of thier age, religion or tribe. Anyone who needs a religion to tell him or her, or because of the fear of a hell of fire or reward in heaven, now choose to do these things, is inherently a bad person.

I wish quick recovery on COZA pastor whatever the issue is, and I wish you all happy Sunday!

Re: I Will Never Be Sick- Pastor Chris Oyhiakilome by immortalcrown(m): 6:13am On Nov 28, 2022
No huma is absolutely healthy. So, you are sick.

Meanwhile, you were once seriously sick and you even underwent surgery.

Do you want to ask when and how? Before your wife divorced you, she and you were one and she had her brest amputated. Shebi husband and wife na one? cheesy
Re: I Will Never Be Sick- Pastor Chris Oyhiakilome by God1000(m): 6:24am On Nov 28, 2022
He has a personal private doctor checking him everyday.
Re: I Will Never Be Sick- Pastor Chris Oyhiakilome by hisgrace090: 7:20am On Nov 28, 2022
Its possible in Christ not to fall sick though it has it terms and conditions.

(1) (Reply)

What Was The First Social Media Platform You Used? / Tears, Anguish, As More Nigerians Grapple With Escalating Poverty, Hunger / Architecture And Interior Design Firms In Gurgaon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.