Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

1 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 1 (885 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

1 by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 28, 2022
l
Re: 1 by EmemObong03: 11:06am On Nov 28, 2022
[quote author=JoeRusson post=118742577][/quote]
Are they not legally married?
Why is it an issue in the first place? Oh! Because it's the wife that raised the bill and it has become a topic.
Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: 1 by HarlequinLekex: 11:16am On Nov 28, 2022
As long as they are legally married and his name is usually on the rent receipt before what happened happened. His name should be the one on the receipt. Learn to support your husband and LET it look like he was the one that did those things you did - THIS IS THE SECRET OF A SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGE.

2 Likes

Re: 1 by simplepee(f): 11:18am On Nov 28, 2022
Married people and their wahala. What’s the fuss about whose name was on receipt again? Why do you people just hate peace??

3 Likes

Re: 1 by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 28, 2022
EmemObong03:

Are they not legally married?
Why is it an issue in the first place? Oh! Because it's the wife that raised the bill and it has become a topic.
Nonsense

Why didn't he put it in the wife's name?

2 Likes

Re: 1 by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 28, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
As long as they are legally married and his name is usually on the rent receipt before what happened happened. His name should be the one on the receipt. Learn to support your husband and LET it look like he was the one that did those things you did - THIS IS THE SECRET OF A SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGE.

1 Like

Re: 1 by HarlequinLekex: 11:21am On Nov 28, 2022
Is this a topic You supported your husband because of the situation at hand and all you think is to know whether his name should be on the receipt on not. You don't usually support your husband before that is why you created a damn topic. If you do support him before you would know that this is not an issue. A MARRIAGE IS A SUPPORTIVE INSTITUTE.
Re: 1 by HarlequinLekex: 11:24am On Nov 28, 2022
I don't want to delabour what I have said earlier. This is not an issue.
JoeRusson:

They moved to a new apartment
I wouldn't know your age but navigate the internet 'the secrets of a successful marriage'
Re: 1 by HarlequinLekex: 11:28am On Nov 28, 2022
A good marriage doesn't work that way. It is a supportive institute. If your name is on the receipt, what does it change? What you did is for your family and not for bragging rights.
JoeRusson:

Why didn't he put it in the wife's name?

2 Likes

Re: 1 by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 28, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
I don't want to delabour what I have said earlier. This is not an issue.I wouldn't know your age but navigate the internet 'the secrets of a successful marriage'

1 Like

Re: 1 by HarlequinLekex: 11:30am On Nov 28, 2022
I think I have time today for this family section.
JoeRusson:

So, if she buys a car with her money, he should also put his name on the receipt?
Let me ask you a question.
Has he been doing like this before?
Re: 1 by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 28, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
I think I have time today for this family section.Let me ask you a question.
Has he been doing like this before?

I wouldn't know, but according to the woman, she provides almost everything in the house.

1 Like

Re: 1 by HarlequinLekex: 11:36am On Nov 28, 2022
JoeRusson:

According to the woman, she provides almost everything in the house.
What made them marry each other? Is it because of been pregnant outside wedlock? Was he forced to marry her in the first place?

1 Like

Re: 1 by Mindlog: 11:51am On Nov 28, 2022
It depends on the "health" of their marriage. If he is not of those men that threatens to throw their wives out of the house or locks the wife out, then it is a non issue for me.

2 Likes

Re: 1 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 28, 2022
@mindlog

Shouldn't he have consulted the wife first?

2 Likes

Re: 1 by ahnie: 12:04pm On Nov 28, 2022
Mr n Mrs should be on the receipt.
They're married for Christ sake

Except he's a lazy n deadbeat dad,then the woman's name should be there period.

1 Like

Re: 1 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 28, 2022
@ahnie
Re: 1 by Fahvvy: 12:11pm On Nov 28, 2022
I honestly don't see why this should be an issue if they are legally married undecided...

Abi is she expecting the man to put her maiden name? Isn't she bearing her husband's name? undecided...

So what the fuss?! undecided...

Some women sef...
You're married, yet you're still carrying the stupid ideology of "my money is my money and his money is our money" undecided...

You're forgetting that two have now become one undecided...

OP...
Advice the man to ask for another receipt and let the woman's name be written on it, since this is becoming an issue undecided...

And this one that's she's making a big deal out of this, only God knows how she treats that man at home undecided...

Cause once the average woman starts doing the heavy lifting at home, she loses every ounce of respect for the man undecided...

I pray for every hardworking honest man out there, may you never be in a situation where even your own wife go see you finish because of money undecided....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 by Mindlog: 12:27pm On Nov 28, 2022
JoeRusson:
@mindlog

He shouldn't have assumed it is okay to have only his name on the receipt without first consulting his wife, it was dismissive of her effort.

4 Likes

Re: 1 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2022
@Mindlog,
exactly. The way he even went about it is shady.

2 Likes

Re: 1 by Mindlog: 12:34pm On Nov 28, 2022
Fahvvy:
I honestly don't see why this should be an issue if they are legally married undecided...

Abi is she expecting the man to put her maiden name? Isn't she bearing her husband's name? undecided...

Some women sef...
You're married, yet you're still carrying the stupid ideology of "my money is my money and his money is our money" undecided...

OP...
Advice the man to ask for another receipt and let the woman's name be written on it, since this is becoming an issue undecided...

And this one that's she's making a big deal out of this, only God knows how she treats that man at home undecided...

Cause once the average woman starts doing the heavy lifting at home, she loses every ounce of respect for the man undecided...

I pray for every hardworking honest man out there, may you never be in a situation where even your own wife go see you finish because of money undecided....

I guess it is here, on this same Nairaland that we see advices such as "throw her out of your house" "send her back to her father's house" etc......all because the receipt of the rented apartment is in the man's name.

“Eneke the bird says that since men have learned to shoot without missing, he has learned to fly without perching.”.......Chinua Achebe

4 Likes

Re: 1 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
Fahvvy:

Some women sef...

OP...

2 Likes

Re: 1 by ahnie: 12:49pm On Nov 28, 2022
JoeRusson:
@ahnie

The right name that ought to be in the receipt suppose be **Mr n Mrs xoxoxo

But since it has happened,I would rather adviced her to let it slide.
It shouldn't be a big deal,after all he has bn the one paying the rentage before.

There should be an understanding for God sakes,except they're having beef and the woman wants to cheastbeat and needs evidence for future references that she was the one that footed the rentage

2 Likes

Re: 1 by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2022
From the comments you see men saying that it is proper the woman pays the rent while her husband's name appears on the receipt. This are the same men that usually ask what women bring to the table.

The woman should not allow what happened cause issues, rather let her learn a lesson from it, so that if she gives him money in future for purchase of a land and he puts his name on the receipt, she wouldn't be surprised. It's a lesson to learn.
HarlequinLekex:

3 Likes

Re: 1 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 28, 2022
Since the woman has been the major provider in the marriage right from the beginning, that means he is a deadbeat, because how can a husband who claim to be the head of a home continue to be lazy without improving his finances above that of the wife for years? How can a man be comfortable that the wife is the major provider? He is shameless

It is very common for such men to always want to claim dominance thereby subjugating the wife in the process, they feel intimidated because she is the head and provider, so they claim all properties just to tame the wife, those men are mostly abusive and very l rampant in our society today, and the reason why it's still prevalent is because their wives enable them, there is a case of a woman who bought a land, the husband put only his name as the sole owner, this is a man that is lazy and has nothing, when he was in need of money, he sold the land for peanuts, now they are separated, something the wife should have done a long time ago

Op, make sure your name is on the next receipt, force him to be useful to himself and family, stop enabling him.

4 Likes

Re: 1 by Mindlog: 3:32pm On Nov 28, 2022
HarlequinLekex:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: 1 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 28, 2022
HarlequinLekex:

You don't have a right thinking

So a successful marriage is when the wife pretends that the husband is the breadwinner? Thereby breeding deceit and contempt in her heart towards the man? what happen to telling the husband to improve his finances above the wifes' so that he'll be useful to himself and family, why are you encouraging laziness? You think the kids don't see and know who provides?

5 Likes

Re: 1 by capricornlady: 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2022
He was wrong. The name on the receipt should be "Mr & Mrs ....." , is he not even ashamed? confidently putting his name for what he didn't pay for. Some gentlemen will insist on the wife's name only, then it's the wife that will now say "no, it should be our names". What kind of man will allow the wife pay the full house rent? some women dey try; una dey marry anything (deadbeat).

2 Likes

Re: 1 by HarlequinLekex: 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2022
Who are u to tell me I don't have right thinking.I have made my point.[author=Jovialjune1 post=118750061]

You don't have a right thinking

So a successful marriage is when the wife pretends that the husband is the breadwinner? Thereby breeding deceit and contempt in her heart towards the man? what happen to telling the husband to improve his finances above the wifes' so that he'll be useful to himself and family, why are you encouraging laziness? You think the kids don't see and know who provides?[/quote]
Re: 1 by HarlequinLekex: 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2022
Many don't understand what marriage is.
Fahvvy:

Some women sef...

OP...

your head dey there.
Re: 1 by Houseofglam7(f): 5:23pm On Nov 28, 2022
I really feel sorry for that man. Just coz the woman paid the rent this one time, it became a topic on Nairaland.
Smh
I don’t blame men who wait until they’ve amassed wealth before getting married; not everyone can stomach this garbage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Who are u to tell me I don't have right thinking.I have made my point.

Na dregs una dey breed for your family

I am who I am that's why I said you don't have a right thinking

And your point is useless..

HarlequinLekex:
Many don't understand what marriage is.your head dey there.

You're among the many that don't understand marriage, you are their president,

Marriage isn't to endure nonsense, it is to be enjoyed,

There are so many wives looking older than their age shouldering all the responsibilities at home, their husband will sit down looking like a fool not doing anything, but he will want to be in control, yet you want the wife to bottle it up and pretend to outsiders that the man is providing abi

The kids are there seeing it all, yet when kids acknowledge their mum multiple times on mothers day or any other day, ignoring their dad on Father's day, give their mothers huge amount of money while the father gets nothing, you all will open your dirty mouth to fault and blame mothers, forgetting kids knows who suffered and took care of them

It is when it comes to patting the back of a man, thats when you remember "many don't understand marriage", yes you don't a right thinking, and that's because your upbringing has damaged your psych making you forget marriage is the ability of man and woman equally doing their part, mutually providing, and making it work, not one person slaving away, while the other sitting down like a fool not doing anything.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Common Issues Associated With Faithful Wifes / When I Drink... / Angry Children Vs Calm Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.