Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,027 members, 7,835,488 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 - Sports (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 (47342 Views)

Serbia Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.- (2 - 3) On 2nd Dec 2022 / Brazil Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 28th Nov 2022 / England Vs Iran: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (6 - 2) ON 21st November 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by mayor1814: 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

What most people don't know is the belief Ronaldo created in the minds of young Portuguese players .... I have been supporting Portugal since 96 ... Portugal used to be like Switzerland or Poland.... b4 Ronaldo, they had only qualified for the world cup 2 times and had never played a final in their history... b4 Ronaldo, they had only appeared in 2 semis in all competitions they had played( 66 world cup and Euros 2000) Ronaldo joined the team when players like Figo , Rui Costa, paulo bento( South Korea coach) Nuno Gomes , pauleta , Joan pinto , Sergio concencao( Porto coach) , Nuno Valente were ending their careers ... Portugal never believed in themselves, the people of Portugal never believed in themselves until Ronaldo gave them belief... Ronaldo did for Portugal same thing Pele did for Brazil, made them a force in world of football, Ronaldo made a new generation believe in themselves cos Portugal started performing in competitions against all odds ... today , they have arrays of stars , something that they have never ever been opportuned to have in their history, they now have players in great clubs ... apart from Figo ( Barcelona & real madrid ) rui Costa ( joined Milan in his twilight of his career) , Sergio concencao ( inter , also twilight of his career ) and victor Baia ( their goalie from barca ) the rest were in average clubs or poor clubs ... Ronaldo joined the team and the future , and Portugal started to improve, they started to qualify for every tournament, never has in happened in history, they won their first ever and second senior cups under Ronaldo with an average team that had only pepe , Ronaldo and Guerrero playing for top teams ... now Portuguese players are sort after because their citizens now believe in their capabilities, they young ones idolise Ronaldo... players like G Ramos , Felix, leao and many others grew up watching Ronaldo do wonders for their country... when Ronaldo won the balon d'or , those players were like 6 or 7 yrs old ... musicians like usher , Chris Brown and so many others will say that Michael Jackson inspired them and it made them stars ... this is the same effect Ronaldo has had on the new generation of Portuguese players ... players like Eusebio cudnt do it cos he dint have longevity, he also didn't win anything for Portugal and only played one tournament... only smart people will understand what Ronaldo has done for Portugal... Argentina were already a force b4 messi , players like kempes and Maradona had already done it for them ... players like Ibrahimovic and Lewandowski cudnt influence a nation to create new arrays of stars like Ronaldo has done ... Ronaldo to me is the greatest that have ever laced that boot in football

the sweet thing about Messi is that, u don't need a long article like this to defend him. every lover of football knows deep down he is the best player after Pele and Maradona. defending Messi is not difficult at all.
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by littleguy444: 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

No one is saying that Messi is not top or the best barca player ever...we need to be logical here ... it was easy for Messi ... Argentina and Barcelona is different from Portugal and sporting..... Croatia had players like bosnic( lazio) top player... suker ( real madrid) top player , jarni ( real madrid ) top player, Tudor ( Juventus)top defender, Boban ( Milan) top midfielder, prosenescki ... Czech Republic also had top players...at that time Portugal wasn't even up to Belgium or Denmark( Laudrup brothers , sand ) or Sweden ( Martin Darlin, Henrik Larsson ). Portugal hoped on their golden generation that won junior WC , but they never made it until Ronaldo joined that team... his motivation as captain from 2008 gave them that belief...Ferguson got Nani to Manchester because he wanted another Ronaldo, Chelsea got Quaresma and thats how Portugal gradually started getting it right ... pls try to watch Ronaldo from 04 thru to 2014... he still has the World record as the player with the most completed dribbles in a single game ( against benfica for Manchester United ) Ronaldo has been playing with a bad knee since 2014 when he got injured in a league game...thats y he changed his game style... he still used one leg to win 3 more CL , Euros, Nations league, top scorer, breaking records and 3 balon dor titles .... if u check Ronaldos history, u will not mention another player near him
You are never logical when it comes to bashing Messi and we all know that.
As for Portugal I am not disputing ororo impact in the team I said it earlier but I am also trying to let you know Portugal is not just any country as you were trying to make it look they played euro 2004 final remember. And then I said modric also did similar thing to this Croatia team in 2018 and the fact that lewandoski also scored 70+ goals for Poland.
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by Kingcalls: 9:12pm On Dec 07, 2022
littleguy444:
You are never logical when it comes to bashing Messi and we all know that.
As for Portugal I am not disputing ororo impact in the team I said it earlier but I am also trying to let you know Portugal is not just any country as you were trying to make it look they played euro 2004 final remember. And then I said modric also did similar thing to this Croatia team in 2018 and the fact that lewandoski also scored 70+ goals for Poland.

Croatia finished 3rd in 98 ... Croatia had done well for themselves... 2004 , their first final was when Ronaldo first got to the team and they got to the final .... he contributed immensely to that team in 2004 .... now, how did I bash messi ?? Saying it was easier for him compared to Ronaldo that had to play for an average team that wasn't regarded as contenders .... messi has played with better players compared to Ronaldo ....
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by Kingcalls: 9:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
mayor1814:

the sweet thing about Messi is that, u don't need a long article like this to defend him. every lover of football knows deep down he is the best player after Pele and Maradona. defending Messi is not difficult at all.

because of Ronaldo fans are not as hateful as u guys that are just looking for how to destroy him ... Ronaldo is the most criticized player in football history.... do u think Messi can handle what Ronaldo has passed thru....only that he missed penalty, he retired grin grin... I Messi was Portuguese and started at sporting....he wud have faded many years ago

1 Like

Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by mayor1814: 10:40pm On Dec 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

because of Ronaldo fans are not as hateful as u guys that are just looking for how to destroy him ... Ronaldo is the most criticized player in football history.... do u think Messi can handle what Ronaldo has passed thru....only that he missed penalty, he retired grin grin... I Messi was Portuguese and started at sporting....he wud have faded many years ago

U and I know very well that anywhere Messi was or is, he would never fade. Messi is football himself. Just look at their stats at 1000 games for Ronaldo and 1000 games for Messi. Messi assists and goals dwarfed those of Ronaldo.
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by Kingcalls: 11:03pm On Dec 07, 2022
mayor1814:

U and I know very well that anywhere Messi was or is, he would never fade. Messi is football himself. Just look at their stats at 1000 games for Ronaldo and 1000 games for Messi. Messi assists and goals dwarfed those of Ronaldo.

Did u check circumstances .... if Ronaldo played in real madrid for 16 yrs like messi did, he wud have scored at least 800 goals for real madrid .... he wud have been heading to 1000 goals now.... Ronaldo have been switching clubs ..messi now changed clubs and it became difficult to continue scoring like barca ...imagine if he kept on switching like Ronaldo, he wud b around 250 goals today

1 Like

Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by mayor1814: 7:35am On Dec 08, 2022
Kingcalls:

Did u check circumstances .... if Ronaldo played in real madrid for 16 yrs like messi did, he wud have scored at least 800 goals for real madrid .... he wud have been heading to 1000 goals now.... Ronaldo have been switching clubs ..messi now changed clubs and it became difficult to continue scoring like barca ...imagine if he kept on switching like Ronaldo, he wud b around 250 goals today

I think this debate of Messi and Ronaldo boils down to who we prefer personally. U prefer Ronaldo and I respect that. As for me, it will always be Messi. As long as the two of them have been playing in the top level for many years, we cannot say if this, if that...

However, regarding circumstances, then Messi is the highest goal scorer realistically. Coz on the average of matches played and goals scored Messi is far ahead. Based on what we see on the pitch, Messi is a natural football genius. Ronaldo is a guy who has an excellent work ethic. exercise, training, hard work and that desire to win it all. But another area I prefer Messi to him is his desire to put personal glory ahead of team glory.
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by Kingcalls: 8:02am On Dec 08, 2022
mayor1814:

I think this debate of Messi and Ronaldo boils down to who we prefer personally. U prefer Ronaldo and I respect that. As for me, it will always be Messi. As long as the two of them have been playing in the top level for many years, we cannot say if this, if that...

However, regarding circumstances, then Messi is the highest goal scorer realistically. Coz on the average of matches played and goals scored Messi is far ahead. Based on what we see on the pitch, Messi is a natural football genius. Ronaldo is a guy who has an excellent work ethic. exercise, training, hard work and that desire to win it all. But another area I prefer Messi to him is his desire to put personal glory ahead of team glory.

What makes u think that Messi don't do personal glory?? Y does he keep on taking penalties when its obvious he isn't the best spot kick taker in Argentina... y did he retire 2 times when his country failed ?? Y were they lifting him up when the won copa indicating it was all about him abd not the team ... y did he say he felt bad when Ronaldo won his 5th balon dor, saying he felt bad cos he dint hv the personal glory of being the only one in 5 .... just because he is quiet and not expressive like Ronaldo, u now think he is the good one ...

1 Like

Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by mayor1814: 8:25am On Dec 08, 2022
Kingcalls:

What makes u think that Messi don't do personal glory?? Y does he keep on taking penalties when its obvious he isn't the best spot kick taker in Argentina... y did he retire 2 times when his country failed ?? Y were they lifting him up when the won copa indicating it was all about him abd not the team ... y did he say he felt bad when Ronaldo won his 5th balon dor, saying he felt bad cos he dint hv the personal glory of being the only one in 5 .... just because he is quiet and not expressive like Ronaldo, u now think he is the good one ...

so many times Messi had given the penalty kicks to other players, that is something Ronaldo will never do and he has never done that. Messi has never forced his teammates to honour him during the copa America victory. teammates in club and country always love Messi naturally. it's not forced.

Messi will never call the attention of the referee that his own teammate scored an offside goal (reference to what Ronaldo did to his real Madrid teammate some years back ). Messi will never angrily leave the pitch while his team is winning ( reference to man utd vs Tottenham match). Messi will never celebrate anoda person goal wen he knows deep down he didn't score. (reference to Bruno goal ). Messi will never say he doesn't respect his coach. Messi family members will never criticize the the coach, club or country (reference to Ronaldo sister and partner outburst for being benched against Switzerland )
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by Kingcalls: 8:39am On Dec 08, 2022
mayor1814:

so many times Messi had given the penalty kicks to other players, that is something Ronaldo will never do and he has never done that. Messi has never forced his teammates to honour him during the copa America victory. teammates in club and country always love Messi naturally. it's not forced.

Messi will never call the attention of the referee that his own teammate scored an offside goal (reference to what Ronaldo did to his real Madrid teammate some years back ). Messi will never angrily leave the pitch while his team is winning ( reference to man utd vs Tottenham match). Messi will never celebrate anoda person goal wen he knows deep down he didn't score. (reference to Bruno goal ). Messi will never say he doesn't respect his coach. Messi family members will never criticize the the coach, club or country (reference to Ronaldo sister and partner outburst for being benched against Switzerland )

Stop saying what u dont know... Ronaldo have giving spot kicks to Alonso, kaka , benzema ramos in the past .. y dont u go to YouTube to verify b4 posting what u dont know... besides , Ronaldo is the best spot kick taker in football, u dobt expect the coach to allow him give it to another player when they need it , u saw what happened with Bruno against villa , that spot kick miss by Bruno kickstarted Manchester utds poor season ...

Ibrahimovic complained about Messi when he was in barca , some other junior players also complained, saying if u don't pass to Messi, Messi ensures that u dont get selected in the next game ... Guardiola dint go for him at City cos he knows Messi can easily destabilise his team, he got to psg and the slow poison started to instigate war between Neymar and Mbappe

Stop saying total crap...most of u act uneducated, whr and when did ronaldo ever call the ref that his teammate scored offside goal...that is the most stupid thing I hv ever seen on Nairaland, and u just believed it like all these almajiri in the North?? Only a hateful person or an uneducated person will believe that crap

Any top footballer will do what Ronaldo did against spurs , y bring in that type of player with 2 mins to go...thats pure insult .... y did messi refuse to shake the hands of pochetinno when he was subbed against club Brugge last season... if it was Ronaldo , shey u all will start to mas.turbate on it ... any striker will do what Ronaldo did against Uruguay, Bruno intention was to cross the ball and not to score , Ronaldo is not the first to have done that and will not be the last, but because its Ronaldo, haters obviously will hate ... u all should keep on hating till he wins this world cup , then una go rest las las

1 Like

Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by babajero(m): 10:51am On Dec 08, 2022
Kingcalls:

Ronaldo was not on the pitch when the lost... now u are saying messi scored , oh now penalty is now important... dont call that an assist, that one na pass
please how do you assist and how do you pass? The only goal ronaldo have in the world cup is penalty, Messi have scored 2 more wonderful goals and assisted against mexico.
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by Kingcalls: 11:02am On Dec 08, 2022
babajero:
please how do you assist and how do you pass? The only goal ronaldo have in the world cup is penalty, Messi have scored 2 more wonderful goals and assisted against mexico.

That thing no b assist...dat thing na pass
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by babajero(m): 11:12am On Dec 08, 2022
Kingcalls:

That thing no b assist...dat thing na pass
how na, please explain.
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by mayor1814: 7:33pm On Dec 08, 2022
Kingcalls:

Stop saying what u dont know... Ronaldo have giving spot kicks to Alonso, kaka , benzema ramos in the past .. y dont u go to YouTube to verify b4 posting what u dont know... besides , Ronaldo is the best spot kick taker in football, u dobt expect the coach to allow him give it to another player when they need it , u saw what happened with Bruno against villa , that spot kick miss by Bruno kickstarted Manchester utds poor season ...

Ibrahimovic complained about Messi when he was in barca , some other junior players also complained, saying if u don't pass to Messi, Messi ensures that u dont get selected in the next game ... Guardiola dint go for him at City cos he knows Messi can easily destabilise his team, he got to psg and the slow poison started to instigate war between Neymar and Mbappe

Stop saying total crap...most of u act uneducated, whr and when did ronaldo ever call the ref that his teammate scored offside goal...that is the most stupid thing I hv ever seen on Nairaland, and u just believed it like all these almajiri in the North?? Only a hateful person or an uneducated person will believe that crap

Any top footballer will do what Ronaldo did against spurs , y bring in that type of player with 2 mins to go...thats pure insult .... y did messi refuse to shake the hands of pochetinno when he was subbed against club Brugge last season... if it was Ronaldo , shey u all will start to mas.turbate on it ... any striker will do what Ronaldo did against Uruguay, Bruno intention was to cross the ball and not to score , Ronaldo is not the first to have done that and will not be the last, but because its Ronaldo, haters obviously will hate ... u all should keep on hating till he wins this world cup , then una go rest las las

Only an uneducated person or a sycophant will support Ronaldo hook, line and sinker. He needs to start hearing the bitter truth. As he ever given a thought to the club that will buy him after the world cup? Certainly no European big club or UCL club will buy him right now with all his ego and pursuit of personal glory.
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by Kingcalls: 10:35pm On Dec 08, 2022
mayor1814:

Only an uneducated person or a sycophant will support Ronaldo hook, line and sinker. He needs to start hearing the bitter truth. As he ever given a thought to the club that will buy him after the world cup? Certainly no European big club or UCL club will buy him right now with all his ego and pursuit of personal glory.

I can bet that u have never entered airplane, u have never been to a stadium , u hv never spent money on an original Jersey... but u know more that those that are directly involved with Ronaldos future
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by mayor1814: 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2022
Kingcalls:

I can bet that u have never entered airplane, u have never been to a stadium , u hv never spent money on an original Jersey... but u know more that those that are directly involved with Ronaldos future

Lollzzz. And u dat have the original jersey of ur goat, ewu, ewure, no doubt want a bright future for him. Maybe u can influence him to go to a champions league club after d world cup coz his ego and body language shows clearly dat he still wants to play at d highest level such as d champs league. The bitter truth is that no UCL club or big club want him rite now. Napoli, Atletico Madrid, Beyer Munich etc all rejected him.
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by Kingcalls: 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2022
mayor1814:

Lollzzz. And u dat have the original jersey of ur goat, ewu, ewure, no doubt want a bright future for him. Maybe u can influence him to go to a champions league club after d world cup coz his ego and body language shows clearly dat he still wants to play at d highest level such as d champs league. The bitter truth is that no UCL club or big club want him rite now. Napoli, Atletico Madrid, Beyer Munich etc all rejected him.

What he has achieved in is life is what 99.9% of the worlds population can never achieve...even messi hasn't achieved what Ronaldo has achieved.... its one local man that has never seen a white football player live in his life thats hating .... people like u have never achieved anything tangible in life...so ur failure in life can only be settled when u see celebrated people being attacked wrongfully... 5 champions league titles with 2 different clubs , over 700 club goals , over 100 international goals , Euros title , only man to score in 5 WCs , highest goal scorer in champions league history,
highest goal scorer in international football history, only man to win golden boot in top 3 leagues in world football scoring over 30 goals, half a billion followers on Instagram alone , private jets and hotels , man is worth half a billion dollars , investments , only football
player to have earned over abillion dollars... at 38 a club in Saudi wants to make his the highest paid sportsman in sports history .. the only thing remaining in his over achieved illustrious career is the world cup and he said he doesn't mind winning it from the bench , afterall , he will be the one to lift it ... Then one alakirija in his room and parlour is here hating on someone that can retire ur entire village and feed them for generations to come ... people like u think u have an opinion...I'm done with u
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by mayor1814: 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2022
Kingcalls:

What he has achieved in is life is what 99.9% of the worlds population can never achieve...even messi hasn't achieved what Ronaldo has achieved.... its one local man that has never seen a white football player live in his life thats hating .... people like u have never achieved anything tangible in life...so ur failure in life can only be settled when u see celebrated people being attacked wrongfully... 5 champions league titles with 2 different clubs , over 700 club goals , over 100 international goals , Euros title , only man to score in 5 WCs , highest goal scorer in champions league history,
highest goal scorer in international football history, only man to win golden boot in top 3 leagues in world football scoring over 30 goals, half a billion followers on Instagram alone , private jets and hotels , man is worth half a billion dollars , investments , only football
player to have earned over abillion dollars... at 38 a club in Saudi wants to make his the highest paid sportsman in sports history .. the only thing remaining in his over achieved illustrious career is the world cup and he said he doesn't mind winning it from the bench , afterall , he will be the one to lift it ... Then one alakirija in his room and parlour is here hating on someone that can retire ur entire village and feed them for generations to come ... people like u think u have an opinion...I'm done with u

lolzzz. I feel ur pains. it's a hard job being a Ronaldo fan and Messi critic. all d best to ur goat. grin
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by Starz825(m): 10:30pm On Dec 09, 2022
cyndylove64:
you dey cap rubbish .....
I will love to remind you that Brazil new found motivation for this world cup is Pele grin
Just drink your beer and watch the match and see how Netherlands and Croatia goes home even your darling Portugal won't play final .
Aw far bro

Who dey cap rubbish now

Brazil don go house
I know say you follow dem cry too cheesy
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by Starz825(m): 10:33pm On Dec 09, 2022
yinkeys:

On this Croatia form
Lol ok
I’d reply you when the game is done
Bro na me reply you naw oo
Brazil don go house oo
And na the same Croatia form
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by Starz825(m): 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2022
yinkeys:

So Croatia will beat Brazil ?
You don’t follow football bruh!
Aw far bro

Na football dey follow me now cheesy
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by yinkeys(m): 10:46pm On Dec 09, 2022
Starz825:

Aw far bro

Unpredictable bro shocked grin
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by yinkeys(m): 11:53pm On Dec 09, 2022
Starz825:

Aw far bro

Did you watch the game ?
The goalie saved them
Brazil were just pumping shots
Only one shot on target for Croatia
The deflected shot that resulted in a goal
Oh well luck happens
Re: Portugal Vs Switzerland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (6 - 1) On 6th December 2022 by cyndylove64(f): 11:59pm On Dec 09, 2022
Starz825:

Aw far bro

Who dey cap rubbish now

Brazil don go house
I know say you follow dem cry too cheesy
grin grin am not supporting Brazil in this world cup
And I no cry
I no even watch the match
Messi don win today
Tomorrow CR7 go use him life play match grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Achraf Hakimi Dances & Celebrates With His Mother, Friends, Family (Throwback) / Sunday Oliseh Arrives Nigeria To Resume Eagles Job / Throwback: When Pele And Arthur Ashe Were Caught Up In A Nigerian Coup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.