Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? (4603 Views)

Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? / Can Jonathan Win The SW And Half Of The North? / States With The Highest Voting Strength: Can Jonathan Escape This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by boyt1: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2011
@ Poster, i suggest you invite your papa and mama to carry out a coup, and change the govt.
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2011
I just heard (watched) GEJ on AIT saying terrorism is a global thing and that other countries have gone through theirs, he says it's our own TURN cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, he just never disappoints.
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2011
honeric01:

I just heard (watched) GEJ on AIT saying terrorism is a global thing and that other countries have gone through theirs, he says it's our own TURN cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, he just never disappoints.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
jonathan! kai they need to throw this man inside a sea, and let shark swallow him for seven days
and take him to the river bank of iraq!
na that time he go fear fear angry
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by fergieboy: 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2011
ALL I HEAR FROM NIGERIANS IS "GEJ IS WEAK" , I THINK THAT IS NO TRUE, YOU SEE THE NOTHERN POLITICIAN AND POWERFULL BUSSINES PEOPLE KNOWING THAT IT WILL BE DIFFICULT FOR THEM TO GRASP POWER AGAIN IN THE COUNTRY THROUGH DEMOCRATIC MEANS HAVE NOW ADOPTED THE NEW STRATEGY OF CREATING HAVOC AND CAOS IN THE COUNTRY IN ODER TO PORTREY GEJ AS WEAK, AND SO AS TO MAIM THE SUPPORT HE ENJOYS IN THE WHOLE OF SOUTH. I SAY WE FROM THE SOUTH SHOULD NOW START BRINGING UP WITH ONE VOICE OUR SEPARATION FROM THESE HEARTLESS ANIMALS.

SPLIT THE NATION !!!

LET WORSHIP ANYTHING THEY LIKE OVER THERE AND KILL THEM SELFS. I WOULD NOT CARE EVEN ONE BIT.  angry sad
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 9:02pm On Aug 27, 2011
The nation will not be split until that JONATHAN has finished his tenure(s) and he has the full support of us down south.
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2011
^^^^

When you said "US", are you talking about yourself and the ijaws or the whole of southern Nigeria?
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by Depilot(m): 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2011
Most people here are only talking about Boko Haram. Guess what, Boko Haram isn't the only problem we are facing in this country. High Unemployment is still there, Corruption is still shining like a super star, corrupt former governors are still around beating their chest, low standard of living among most Nigerians is still lingering and hope for the youth continues to disappear day by day.
Most Nigerians have only voted for Jonathan because they expected something different, a fresh air, but the truth/fact is Jonathan has no clue, he doesn't even know where or how to start.
The drama seems to be the same as usual and the air is smelly as ever; nothing new at all. God, please come and rescue this nation from the hands of thieves and incompetent leaders.
Forget the Ijaws or the northerners, let's be honest to ourselves, Jonathan may not be the answer we are looking for @ this time in Nigeria.
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by kokoA(m): 11:56pm On Aug 27, 2011
fergieboy:

ALL I HEAR FROM NIGERIANS IS "GEJ IS WEAK" , I THINK THAT IS NO TRUE, YOU SEE THE NOTHERN POLITICIAN AND POWERFULL BUSSINES PEOPLE KNOWING THAT IT WILL BE DIFFICULT FOR THEM TO GRASP POWER AGAIN IN THE COUNTRY THROUGH DEMOCRATIC MEANS HAVE NOW ADOPTED THE NEW STRATEGY OF CREATING HAVOC AND CAOS IN THE COUNTRY IN ODER TO PORTREY GEJ AS WEAK, AND SO AS TO MAIM THE SUPPORT HE ENJOYS IN THE WHOLE OF SOUTH. I SAY WE FROM THE SOUTH SHOULD NOW START BRINGING UP WITH ONE VOICE OUR SEPARATION FROM THESE HEARTLESS ANIMALS.

SPLIT THE NATION !!!

LET WORSHIP ANYTHING THEY LIKE OVER THERE AND KILL THEM SELFS. I WOULD NOT CARE EVEN ONE BIT.  angry sad

Hear yourself?

If he is not weak let him arrest thoes people you mentioned in your post and bring them to book nau. mtcheew! Innocent people are dying, you are talking politics, Do you know more northerners(in maiduguri, bauchi, abuja) have died as a result of bombing than southerners? Are you saying they are bombing their own people to make GEJ look bad?

mind you, am from the south.
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by dazangel11(f): 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2011
The us predicted 2015 and I think they were right,
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by obinna120: 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2011
like or hate him, i can only tell you that we are now enjoying stable power supply now more than ever.GEJ doesnt have a magic wand,its everyones responsibility.ask yourself,are you perfect? can you change nigeria in days as we all expect? GEJ IS AT WORK.
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by otunba9ja: 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2011
if u ve hired a cook, gardener, driver, manager, and all sort of professionals to handle one task or the other in ur company and at home and u realise that one, two or some of them are negligent,redundant or inept bout his/her functions , WHAT DO U DO ??

Again, if ur neighbours daughter slaps ur mother right in front of you for what is termed to be  a mistaken identity ( meaning that ur mom looks like someone that offended her in her dream) WHAT DO YOU DO

Now, some of us ve risen in sharp defense of GEJ stating that he alone can not be every where @thesame time but i ask you to mention how many heads have rolled to correct the leadership of failed ministries, parastals and other govt agencies.

B4 i go too far, i ask you that if your boss arrives the office at 7.55am every morning, tell me what u think will happen to the appraisals of staff that resume office at 8.30am knowing fully well that the official time is 8.00am.

I tell you that if GEJ has been speaking brimstone and fire upon his service chiefs and giving them ultimatum, so many pple would have woken up to their responsibilities.

I remember vividly that after GEJ was declared winner of the 2011 pres. elections, He and his team were dancing from one hall to another hall in Event centres scattered allover abuja, That to me even showed the begining of nonsense, owambe, ATM Party showbiz and arrant failure !!!!

Gen. Tunde Idiagbon did not have to be at Yaba, Obalande, Tundunwada,oturpo, oron, ileila, Iyaro or Iwo road before pple knew they have to queue up to use private or public utilities, ( Bros JonaLuck, Wake up, u may need to step on toes except u re enjoying what is not stated on ur emolument.)

Let us not blame the north, muslim, south but the leadership of this country that is focusless, vissionless and directionless,

Pls,  imagine the changes you will notice in ur neighbouhood if the President and commander in chief of staff  decides to give the I.G of police an altimatum to discontinue the collection of N20 at check points ( for example) and this instructions are passed down to the last DPO in ur neighbourhood with all the seriousness and FG support required.

Lastly, have nigerians faired better with the so called western support from the America/Europe Etc.
, Imagine the huge resuorces in this country and the associated wasted talkless of the vicious curruption circle

The ATM party sorry cabal in govt + few business emperors who have sold us and their conscience to the white for a pot of pepper soup
are the foundation problem of this nation.
This nation have huge material and human resuorces to outshine most of the F**ls that dictates to our leaders.

We are tired of setting up this committee or that panel with nothing to show for ithem except an avenue for some to enjoy sitting / travelling allowances and other administrative benefits resulting in time and resurces wasting.

If Jonathan is sincere, let him take some tough decisions to Address Power, Education, Health, Agriculture, Security/Policing, Judiciary and Infrastructure. With 70% attention to the above and allowing successive govts to take on from there.

ARE WE SAYING THAT NIGERIA`S PROBLEM DEFILES SOLUTION,  if Jonathan and his economic team + all the int`l training for His Security chiefs and SSS team can not offer solution, then We in for FRESH AIR INDEED ??
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by Demdem(m): 6:28pm On Aug 28, 2011
No he obviously cant.
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by Gbenge77(m): 9:57am On Aug 29, 2011
The earlier Gej is sent back to Otuoke the better for Nigeria.
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by Eforce1: 10:12am On Aug 29, 2011
Depilot:

Let us be true to ourselves for once, it is now becoming very scary around here by every minute only God can rescue us @ this point.
Jonathan has been the president of this country for over a year and not much has been done.
Unemployment number is still real, security is still an issue, corruption is still alive and all former corrupt governors are still walking around freely with our money in their pockets.
And now bombing is also becoming another way of life in Nigeria. In short, it seems that nothing has changed positively for Nigeria or Nigerians since Jonathan took over.
The question remains the same, Can Jonathan handle the dynamic issues we are facing in Nigeria or his time as the president will be another business as usual scenario?

LET THE CAPTAIN
MAKE AN INPUT
NIGERIA WOULD BE GREAT AGAIN

FIRST NEW GENERATION
NIGERIA IS THE UNITED STATES OF AFRICA - WE THE FIRST NEW GENERATION SAY SO [ YES WE CAN ]
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by kallopuma: 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2011
when is that yes we can,
when we all belive the world is coming to an end the worst preching i ever hard
ppl are devolping there country but we are waiting for the end. is it by time time we will devolp our own country i wanna ask?y not devolp now so the end all will be end together.is only our jesus still on the way i belive all other country jesus have come to to them.this jesus they go to meet him by their self.moses went for the commandiment he never wait for it.we need action thats all my ppl.
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2011
depet:

What about prayers for our leaders?
Most nations are alright without belief in any god and you had kept on praying for Dogs to turn into Cows? Go on praying but make sure you keep one eye opened at all time, just in case.
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2011
fergieboy:

SPLIT THE NATION !!!

I am one of those that had maintained that he is weak even before he became the vice President. If he is not weak, let him dare them tomorrow and call for a SNC towards Nigerian oneness question?
I believe that he must still be waking up each morning, pinching and asking himself if he is really the president?
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by slimghost(m): 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2011
Eziachi:

I am one of those that had maintained that he is weak even before he became the vice President. If he is not weak, let him dare them tomorrow and call for a SNC towards Nigerian oneness question?
I believe that he must still be waking up each morning, pinching and asking himself if he is really the president?

I can agree with that, but if you are trying to tell me that all this BH bullshiit is not all about GEJ's presidency, then i say u dont have an atom of truth in u.
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by Johndoe100(m): 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2011
Eziachi:

Yes well w all tolerate you cos we know that you are senile.
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 7:05pm On Aug 29, 2011
slimghost:

I can agree with that, but if you are trying to tell me that all this BH bullshiit is not all about GEJ's presidency, then i say u dont have an atom of truth in u.
Well its your righ to believe what you want to believe. If its about Jonathan, please explain to me why all their notable victims were all northerners, majority of them in ANPP, not even PDP?
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by Eziachi: 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2011
Johndoe100:

Yes well w all tolerate you cos we know that you are senile.
I had been on Nairaland years before you probably heard of it, so how can you have tolerated me?
Well, that is now a distraction, I will rather concentrate on issues rather than resorting to personal abuse or name calling like senile, just because we have varied opinions.
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by wazobiang: 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2011
jonathan is a child in a CANDY SHOP WHICH HAS JUST BEEN TAKEN OVER BY BULLYS: BOKO HARAM.
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by obinna120: 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2011
GEJ'S few months in office has given us relatively stable power supply in years.we just recorded 24hrs contant power today.what about you? how else is he going to start to prove himself to you nairalanders that prefer falling into the arms of boko haram?
Re: Can Jonathan Really Handle Things In Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2011
^^^

Which century are you from? in 2007 when mr go slow was there, i enjoyed light better than anytime in the Nigerian democracy, today there was no power until 9pm, so because the PHCN working responsible for switching off power in your area slept off, you want to attribute a one day mistake as GEJ's achievement? you can do better than that Obinna.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Indigenes Abroad Donate 15,000 Sandals Worth N48M To Pupils / Former Governor Orji Kalu's 400 Bedroom Mansion In His Village / We Will Never Support PDP Again – Igbo Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.