Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola (20510 Views)

Olukayode Ariwoola Born In 1958, Started School In 1959? / Buhari To Swear In Justice Ariwoola As CJN Today / "it Is Really Bad": Nigerians Go Hungry As Food Inflation Soars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Blue3k(m): 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2022
Atlantis585:
Who did this to us as a country? Is it better to take matters into our own hands? If only the courts don’t always favour the highest bidders we won’t have to sue as much as we do. Go to America and Europe and see how the courts systems function. I can already see that this man will be worse than the one he replaced.

Assuming it's a civil case. There's always arbitration or mediation. It's cheaper and faster than court. The problem I noticed is there's too few judges in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by barinedan(m): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2022
Should they take laws into their hands?
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Flappy222: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2022
sure you’ve been to United States of America?
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by CSTRR: 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2022
Then this clown cannot work in America.

Nigerians need to sue more, especially in service sectors like healthcare.

That is the only way Quality can be improved.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by omowolewa: 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2022
sureboykris:
Hmmmm.. I don't think you know what you're saying Sir.. Which Nigerians go to court? Is it the ones that are uneducated or the ones that are poor and hungry
Politicians rush to court not every Nigerian

So you mean he doesn't know what he is saying by not calling those politicians South Africans?
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by openmine(m): 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2022
Its far better than taking laws into your own hands!
There must be a court for every disagreement no matter how inconsequential it might seem!
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Belteshazzar1: 7:04pm On Nov 28, 2022
Especially buhari's wife
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Blue3k(m): 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2022
openmine:
Its far better than taking laws into your own hands!
There must be a court for every disagreement no matter how inconsequential it might seem!

That's pretty ridiculous especially for civil matters when alternatives exist. If you believe that you should be ready to hire 1000 more judges in your state alone since every argument is the court's duty to solve.
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by itsene: 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2022
Simple solution.
Let them pay for frivolous lawsuits.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by shineeye1: 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2022
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Sendero: 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2022
chisomkachy:

https://dailynigerian.com/nigerians-litigious-people/

But it only seems that way because Nigerian culture makes it acceptable to cheat the other guy, it's perceived as being smart. It's not about going to court over every little disagreement, but rather about every Nigerian citizen being involved in illegal activities because the laws are very rarely applied to the letter moreso when the perp has money to spend (on law enforcement officials and also on greedy, crooked judges like him)

As old as he got this guy never got smart. Big shame.
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by backtovillage: 7:17pm On Nov 28, 2022
post=118754079:
We have said it repeatedly that ordinarily, most appeals should be allowed to end at the Court of Appeal, but such constitutional provision is yet to be enacted.
Mnay things in our constitution are flawed.
The progress of our nation begins with out constitution being looked into.

Oan,
What about we having 3 regional heads and we move on from there?!
Atiku should head the Northern part of the country.
Tinubu should head the Western Part and Obi heading the Eastern part and we see who performs better in their respective regions.
#JustThinkingOutLoud

Naija matter no go tire us o.....
Sigh
U make sense my boss.
Send me your number make I recharge #20 give u. Country hard
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Eriokanmi: 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2022
Worldlychild:
cant you just do your job?

hunger go kill me this night o
You'd survive. Hard times don't last forever
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by doneback04: 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2022
chisomkachy:

https://dailynigerian.com/nigerians-litigious-people/

This country everyone is right, no one wants to carry last, funny country
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Kingluqman(m): 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2022
Just like Aisha Buhari ooo grin
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Munzy14(m): 7:42pm On Nov 28, 2022
backnbeta:
Not even close to Americans! From a kidnapper suing his victims for failing to help him escape the authorities to people suing for being misled that a sugary snack has a lot of sugar, to suing for being burned by a hot McDonald’s coffee, getting awarded $2.9 million... to parents suing their children for not moving out...we don't even utilize the courts here because they don't work! Only serious issues go to court in Nigeria
undecided
Too many psychos in America grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Oceanjagaban: 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2022
I will take him to court for this statement that he just made...Justice Ariwoola,see you in court.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by festacman(m): 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2022
omonnakoda:
Well Nigerian politicians are very litigious

How many cases have you heard in America about party primaries or election matters

The word "not" jumped in from only God where because with it the sentence makes no sense. I have corrected.
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by openmine(m): 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2022
Blue3k:

That's pretty ridiculous especially for civil matters when alternatives exist. If you believe that you should be ready to hire 1000 more judges in your state alone since every argument is the court's duty to solve.
Not ridiculous if the intention is to help settle conflicts no matter how ridiculous it might sound!
Most deaths could have been avoided had people put some trust in our judiciary and some community wars that some nonchalantly refer to as 'two fighting' could have been nipped in the bud if the matter had been brought to the court!
If it means hiring more than a thousand judges to solve such an inconsequential issue in court in order to cut off an impending war,so be it!
Only ignorant people who know little or nothing about the importance of the judiciary at every level of the citizen will make such preposterous statements!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Aboguede(m): 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2022
Septagon:
It's obvious he is not well-travelled cos if he has met Americans,he won't say this.Americans that can sue for even using foul or racist language.Lawyers are very rich men over there .it begs the question,are Nigerian criminal lawyers rich?

U people always want sound educated or ellitend by all means but revers I always the case.

Now learn, cjn said THE POLITICAL CLASS and not the Nigeria average person grin
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Traplord09: 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2022

Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by PassingShot(m): 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2022
Septagon:
It's obvious he is not well-travelled cos if he has met Americans,he won't say this.Americans that can sue for even using foul or racist language.Lawyers are very rich men over there .it begs the question,are Nigerian criminal lawyers rich?
Na wa for how some of una dey reason and talk. The CJN of Nigeria isn't well-travelled?
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Khallicopyro: 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2022
Nigerians are patient people... Especially the common man. Often 'leaving it for God'. Nigerians don't go to court compared to the Americans

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by victurr(m): 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2022
Please tell this to the president's wife who wants a student charged to court over social media comments

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by donprinyo(m): 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lazy public servants
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Enemyofpeace: 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2022
I'm sure he was referring to the first lady.
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Blue3k(m): 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2022
openmine:

Only ignorant people who know little or nothing about the importance of the judiciary at every level of the citizen will make such preposterous statements!

Again alternatives exist to the judiciary. They very useful for criminal matters but for civil they don't have to be used as a first resort. Mediation and arbitration are faster and cheaper. You're saying it's preposterous because you're not thinking too hard about the situation. I already suggested things like hiring more judges because that's the big reason why justice is slow. Why you guys think it's judiciary or fight to the death is a mystery to me. Good luck on your mission to hire enough judges to hear every trivial issue you have.
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Septagon: 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2022
PassingShot:

Na wa for how some of una dey reason and talk. The CJN of Nigeria isn't well-travelled?

so because someone is cjn means he is well-travelled.smh.is being welltravelled paart of the criteria of the office?I have seen tourists who travel beta than most rich politicians
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Zane2point4(m): 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2022
backnbeta:
Not even close to Americans! From a kidnapper suing his victims for failing to help him escape the authorities to people suing for being misled that a sugary snack has a lot of sugar, to suing for being burned by a hot McDonald’s coffee, getting awarded $2.9 million... to parents suing their children for not moving out...we don't even utilize the courts here because they don't work! Only serious issues go to court in Nigeria
undecided
Exactly and well said sir,no mind the uninformed man,i watch judge judy and i marvel at how Americans sue even there father,mother ,ex and frnds over trivial things!
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by Septagon: 8:05pm On Nov 28, 2022
Aboguede:

U people always want sound educated or ellitend by all means but revers I always the case.

Now learn, cjn said THE POLITICAL CLASS and not the Nigeria average person grin
read the topic,then read the write-up slowly
Re: Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola by juman(m): 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2022
Too few nigerians go to court.
More and more judges should be appointed, this is big country of over two hundred million people.

Also we should settle the disputes through court shows like family court, divorce court, and courts by the name of the judges like Judge Mathis court.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC / Buhari, Malami Head To Supreme Court Over Section 84(12) / Paul Okoye: They Can't Sell Their Bad Market Without Attacking Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.