Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State (2457 Views)

Tribunal Rejects Adeleke’s Blurry Certificates / Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom / Ekiti Assembly Rejects Governorship Election Result, Adjourns Till October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by adenigga(m): 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2022
The Osun State House of Assembly, on Monday, frowned on the decision of the state’s newly inaugurated governor, Senator Ademola Adeleke, to rename the state from “State of Osun” to Osun State.

The Assembly argued that the anthem, crest and flag of the state was an enactment of a law assented to on December 18, 2012, and no person can exact force to change it.

The PUNCH had reported that Adeleke during his inauguration on Sunday, November 27, 2022, reversed the name of the state from “State of Osun” to “Osun State” and also reversed its appellation from ‘The State of the Virtues’ to ‘The State of the Living Spring”.

Adeleke also reversed all appointments made by the immediate past governor, Adegboyega Oyetola, effective from July 7, 2022.

He also ordered that all government bank accounts be frozen, adding that all actions of the Oyetola-led administration from July 17 will be revisited.

In a reaction to the governor’s decision, the House through the Chairman, House Committee on Media and Publicity, Moshood Kunle Akande wrote a press statement to dispel the action, it partly read, “The State of Osun House of Assembly having reviewed the inaugural speech of the Governor and the activities of the inauguration hereby resolves as follows;

“The usage of the State Anthem, Crest and Flag is an enactment of the law and as such, its usage is a matter of law and not choice.

“The enactment “State of Osun Anthem, Crest and Flag Law, 2012” assented to on December 18, 2012, contained in Schedule 1, II, III, IV and V, which carefully details every component of this law is not in ambiguity.

“Schedule I is the State Anthem, Schedule II has to do with the State Crest, and Schedule III is the symbolic significance of the elements in the Flag.

“Lastly, while we are aware of a court judgment in effect.”

The lawmakers further said that the state will continue to be described as the “State of Osun” and “Ipinle Omulabi” (State of the Virtuous)

Source: https://punchng.com/BREAKING-Osun-Assembly-rejects-Adelekes-decision-to-rename-state

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by BATified2023: 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2022
Make this guy just calm down first now

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by Eriokanmi: 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2022
All of them will soon defect to the pdp....naija style of politics. They're still dreaming. All the giragira will soon stop. They think apc is still in power I guess

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by Oyinmiebiagric: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2022
Case is in court Mr governor calm down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by FreedomArmy: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2022
I hope they are not listening to push and start drug dealer?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by buckeyemedia: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2022
Eriokanmi:
All of them will soon defect to the pdp....naija style of politics. They're still dreaming. All the giragira will soon stop. They think apc is still in power I guess
Or Adeleke will move to APC & just secure his 2nd term in advance.

An Odua Presidential agenda like Lagos state that embraces all is on the horizon, even Oyo state pdp & makinde are on the bandwagon.

Atiku is definitely not coming, it is impossible for Governor Adeleke to tell Yorubas in Osun State, cradle of Yoruba civilization, not to vote for Bola Tinubu.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by OkutaNla: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2022
The guy needs to take it easy with hasty decisions. He should first stabilize his administration before taking on some battles. Ile n'yo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by Eniitankorede: 7:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
OkutaNla:
The guy needs to take it easy with hasty decisions. He should first stabilize his administration before taking on some battles. Ile n'yo.

You put an illiterate in government and you don’t want him to do gra gra Has he got a brain?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by Robinmido(m): 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2022
I was expecting that but he should be careful because i can see him being impeached

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by funshint(m): 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2022
Reversing that name and slogan is one of the best thing I've hoped for. Aregbesola really watered-down the significance of that "State of Living Spring". Mr Governor shouldn't worry all those state legislators will soon be kicked out come February.
Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by Khayceeofficial(m): 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2022
May it never be well with any folk wey put up this advert plus the senile fools wey approve this ad

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by FreeStuffsNG: 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2022
funshint:
Reversing that name and slogan is one of the best thing I've hoped for. Aregbesola really watered-down the significance of that "State of Living Spring". Mr Governor shouldn't worry all those state legislators will soon be kicked out come February .
smh. Who told you it is not Sen. Nurudeen Adeleke that would have been sacked after the tribunal's and SC final judgement.

He is not going to last just by his impatience displayed today. In my opinion, he lacks the emotional intelligence to govern Osun and it seems Osun is back to the tumultious violent era of Olagunsoye Oyinlola and running battle with the Osun state House of Assembly. On his first day alone he sacked the name of the state, garages, palaces, LGs, Perm secs, and 12,000 civil servants! shocked

All by fiat o and he never went through due process! It is not Governor who has final say on all those things and people he purportedly sacked

check my signature for free stuffs!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by LibertyRep: 7:59pm On Nov 28, 2022
If Atiku wins next year, a large chunk of them at the Assembly will most likely defect to the PDP.

...and if Tinubu wins, Adeleke himself might be the first person to port to the APC.

All of their actions and inactions will be determined by the outcome of the 2023 elections.

But on this change of name, I support Adeleke, but he should do it constitutionally and not by fiat .
Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by orisa37: 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2022
Osun state assembly is RIGHT.
Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by Buharidgeneral: 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
smh. Who told you it is not Sen. Nurudeen Adeleke that would have been sacked after the tribunal's and SC final judgement.

He is not going to last just by his impatience displayed today. In my opinion, he lacks the emotional intelligence to govern Osun and it seems Osun is back to the tumultious violent era of Olagunsoye Oyinlola and running battle with the Osun state House of Assembly. On his first day alone he sacked garages, palaces, LGs, Perm secs, and 12,000 civil servants! shocked

check my signature for free stuffs!
Are you sure? Make he kuku sack the whole state

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by babyfaceafrica: 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2022
Eriokanmi:

It isn't that easy, February election will determine a lot. He either bribes or lobby aggressively

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by Elliotwaveforec: 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2022
What do you expect from an illiterate governor who doesn't know there's an existing Act that backs the name; he thinks we are in a dictatorship.

You want the name change, go back to the House and amend the Act.

This one that will soon be impeached.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:27pm On Nov 28, 2022
Norms.

I think that dunce needs to be relieved of that position. He'll destroy a whole lot, he need to be impeached before it's too late
Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by christistruth01: 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2022
Very good and while they are at it Osun needs free Vocational Colleges for it's People with free business set up grants or interest free loans
Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2022
C'est fini.
Thank you

State of Osun, State of virtue stands
a:

The lawmakers further said that the state will continue to be described as the “State of Osun” and “Ipinle Omulabi” (State of the Virtuous)
Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by christistruth01: 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
C'est fini.

Thank you
Thank God for Common Sense

Osun State doesn't need naming or renaming Ceremony

Serious Issues full ground
Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by DSC7: 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2022
Oyetola, Tinupoo and Aregbeshola boys doing everything possible to distabilize Adelekes administration tongue...

But they will surely fail...

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by Corrinthians(m): 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
This man needs to thread carefully. He seems to be moving too erratically. Recipe for avoidable mistakes and regrets.
Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by Conrod: 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Or Adeleke will move to APC & just secure his 2nd term in advance.

An Odua Presidential agenda like Lagos state that embraces all is on the horizon, even Oyo state pdp & makinde are on the bandwagon.

Atiku is definitely not coming, it is impossible for Governor Adeleke to tell Yorubas in Osun State, cradle of Yoruba civilization, not to vote for Bola Tinubu.
Sense man,...and you expect the north to vote for tinubu when their brother is contesting ?.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2022
So many fools on this thread, pained illiterate daft APC fools

No where in the constitution and law does it authorise any kangaroo state house mumus to change name of a state, only the Senate has the sole RIGHT to deliberate and approve such change, so yes Adeleke has every right and sensibility to return back to the status quo.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by quickberry(m): 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2022
Khayceeofficial:
May it never be well with any folk wey put up this advert plus the senile fools wey approve this ad

Ori iya e ti buru...ko ni da fun e. Wetin concern u with whoever we are supporting?
Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by GreatrAnalyst: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2022
BATified2023:
Make this guy just calm down first now

He is going to have problems.

How do you resume in 24 hours, and start distributing sack letters even to monarchs and other thousands?
Are you a military administrator?
How do people go about making and creating more of enemies?
Even if you will sack, there are better ways and dialogue to hold.
Those ones he's sacking has family I think. Enemies multiplied.

I don't expect much from him, except dancing and more dancing.
Re: BREAKING: Osun Assembly Rejects Adeleke’s Decision To Rename State by Mynd44: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2022

(1)

Just In: Tinubu Is Blackmailing CBN, Buhari, Yoruba Christians, Ibos, INEC,Arise / Bombshell: See Secret Information APC Chieftain Leaked About Peter Obi / Nigerian Army General Castrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.