Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January (13150 Views)

Gridlock As Diesel-loaded Tanker Falls On Lagos-ibadan Road (pics) / Osogbo-Kwara State Boundary Road: Governor Adeleke Mobilizes Contractor to site / Protest On Lagos-Ibadan Road As Truck Hits Stray Cows (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by Islie: 8:39am On Nov 29, 2022

The contractor in charge of construction works on the Lagos Ibadan Expressway, Julius Berger has suspended works on the expressway to enable travellers plying the route to enjoy hassle-free movements to their various destinations in the country for the festive period.

The Director, Southwest Federal Ministry of Works, Adedamola Kuti, confirmed the development during a telephone conversation with our correspondent on Monday.

He said the barricades causing gridlock on the road would be removed, adding that the construction works would continue in January 2023.

Kuti said, “The issue is that this is the December period and our people are going to travel. So, we want to relax and work on the road so that people can go for their Christmas holiday.

“Normally, during the yuletide season, this is what we have been doing every year. We remove all barriers on the road so that people can have a seamless movement on the express.

“So, by December 15, 2022, or thereabouts, we are going to remove all barriers from the road, stop activities just to allow easy movement on the road during the Christmas period.”

Kuti explained that construction works on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway would end before the general elections, adding that workers would take advantage of the dry season to work at a fast pace.

He said, “Early in January, we will resume work, we are in dry season, so the work will be faster than what we used to have.

“All you should know is that all hands are on deck, work is still ongoing and we shall complete it in this dry season and I am sure specifically, all things being equal, before the end of February or early March, before the election or there about, we should be able to tidy things up.”

https://punchng.com/contractor-suspends-lagos-ibadan-road-construction-resumes-january/

5 Likes

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by slimfit1(m): 8:45am On Nov 29, 2022
APC always looking for excuses all the time you won't see them again. Stick to the contract abeg don't be coming up with excuses to exit the contract. If Fashola hasn't paid say it now not after the election.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by Kaycee9242(m): 8:47am On Nov 29, 2022
That road construction no dy ever finish? Always under construction

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by Slawomirr: 8:54am On Nov 29, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Kaycee9242:
That road construction no dy ever finish? Always under construction
Simple corruption

You never work for any government project before

Even the workers themselves nor want make the work end....them go dey do am in a slow pace especially the type of government project that is a continuous one

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by mekestsa: 8:56am On Nov 29, 2022
Failed Government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by leksdigital: 8:56am On Nov 29, 2022
This is good news, but I just feel Julius Berger is taking so long to finish this road and the annoying thing about it is, instead of them to focus on my side build it and then move. They they will do point A today, next week move to point E another week move to point E. Even though the quality of their work is good they also need to be more efficient and consider easy vehicular movements. They will just carry barricade and block everywhere. A 2 hour journey will become a 6 hour journey.

Lastly they should at least fix major portion before going on break.

11 Likes

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by aycapri(m): 8:57am On Nov 29, 2022
It is very important
Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by Biodun556(m): 8:59am On Nov 29, 2022
Good

Well-done Buhari

Tinubu for president

3 Likes

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by Olowoeko11: 9:00am On Nov 29, 2022
mekestsa:
Failed Government
must you criticize everything? You guys don’t think ?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by ShoeWorld2(m): 9:00am On Nov 29, 2022
I hope they will definitely come back.

I sell beautiful sneakers at affordable prices
Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by timiade446(m): 9:03am On Nov 29, 2022
leksdigital:
This is good news, but I just feel Julius Berger is taking so long to finish this road and the annoying thing about it is, instead of them to focus on my side build it and then move. They they will do point A today, next week move to point E another week move to point E. Even though the quality of their work is good they also need to be more efficient and consider easy vehicular movements. They will just carry barricade and block everywhere. A 2 hour journey will become a 6 hour journey.

You should know they follow orders

1 Like

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by Adeolajude(m): 9:03am On Nov 29, 2022
The longest and most tideous road ever constructed in the world...Lagos ibadan express road construction is cursed.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by mekestsa: 9:08am On Nov 29, 2022
Olowoeko11:
must you criticize everything? You guys don’t think ?
Less than 150km road not completed in 13years? Is that too big a project for a so called oil-producing country?

You must be an APC supporter for this upside-down reasoning?

We produce more oil then Qatar but they complete 8 stadiums and other infrastructures within 10years

Shame

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by adioolayi(m): 9:08am On Nov 29, 2022
Julius Berger and RCC somehow wasting time on this project..

Una don try...finish this thing abeg

2 Likes

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by Treadway: 9:11am On Nov 29, 2022
It won't be well with Julius Berger construction. Una dey mad. They had suspended that construction at Kara inward berger for at least 4months now. Dem no do any work, dem no remove the barricades. My people on the mowe-ibafo corridor face hell every single day, and this has been the case for over 6 months that those barricades have been put. People leave home 4am and get to Ikeja by 9am at the earliest, a journey that is only 15mins normally. Armed robberies have been happening on that long bridge portion of the road for the past 1month due to this same everyday gridlock. They suspended work citing funds unavailability, and knew the enormous traffic that it was causing everyday, SEBI una go remove the barricades until FG answer una, they just left it like that. It is Dec 15 they want to remove it, what about now now??!. They are very very mad!

12 Likes

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by FuckSilly: 9:12am On Nov 29, 2022
Useless mumus

For how many years una go do this road

2 Likes

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by Kaycee9242(m): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2022
Adeolajude:
The longest and most tideous road ever constructed in the world...Lagos ibadan express road construction is cursed.

Am telling you, i have been seeing construction company on that road for ages now. Kilode!!

1 Like

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by KangaIye: 9:14am On Nov 29, 2022
But other roads are completed in due time. Yeye dey smell
Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by ubox: 9:17am On Nov 29, 2022
mekestsa:

Less than 150km road not completed in 13years? Is that too big a project for a so called oil-producing country?

We produce more oil then Qatar but they complete 8 stadiums and other infrastructures within 10years

Shame
You produce more oil than Qatar but your population is almost 100 times theirs, so wrong analogy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by ajepako(f): 9:17am On Nov 29, 2022
Instead of postponing

Why not work in the night when there are few road users?

Say 12 midnight to 4m and remove all barriers at 4 so that movement wont be hindered?

4 Likes

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by virginchaser(m): 9:21am On Nov 29, 2022
Treadway:
It won't be well with Julius Berger construction. Una dey mad. They had suspended that construction for at least 4months now. Dem no do any work, dem no remove the barricades. My people on the mowe-ibafo corridor face hell every single day, and this has been the case for over 6 months that those barricades have been put. People leave home 4am and get to Ikeja by 9am at the earliest, a journey that is only 15mins normally. Armed robberies have been happening on that long bridge portion of the road for the past 1month due to this same everyday gridlock. They suspended work citing funds unavailability, and knew the enormous traffic that it was causing everyday, SEBI una go remove the barricades until FG answer una, they just left it like that. It is Dec 15 they want to remove it, what about now now??!. They are very very mad!

You too dey lie. Work is on going. It is very visible. If i didnt pass there now. I will follow you dey spread rumors.

2 Likes

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by Treadway: 9:28am On Nov 29, 2022
virginchaser:

You too dey lie. Work is on going. It is very visible. If i didnt pass there now. I will follow you dey spread rumors.
you don't know crap about what you are saying. This comment shows that clearly. No worry, those who live there will tell you/me who is lying. The portion causing the gridlock is around Kara inward berger. The traffic starts at Ibafo, even as early as 4/4:30am and sometimes before Ibafo and goes all the way down to that kara/Berger.

6 Likes

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by Olowoeko11: 9:28am On Nov 29, 2022
mekestsa:

Shame
when it’s comes to Lagos Ibadan express road PdP should just keep quiet from Obj down to Gej they did nothing on that road till Buhari Apc came on board now it’s almost completed and you capping rubbish. If PDP have done it during oil boom we won’t have any reason to still be working on it

2 Likes

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by Reference(m): 9:33am On Nov 29, 2022
leksdigital:

Money answereth all things... your government is broke.... just covering up.

2 Likes

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by Reference(m): 9:36am On Nov 29, 2022
Olowoeko11:
when it’s comes to Lagos Ibadan express road PdP should just keep quiet from Obj down to Gej they did nothing on that road till Buhari Apc came on board now it’s almost completed and you capping rubbish. If PDP have done it during oil boom we won’t have any reason to still be working on it

Naso, but I thought they said all the borrowings were to make up for revenue shortfalls.
So tell me what have they done with all the money borrowed.... I dare not call the figure because you will just throw up....
And remember oil prices are up to almost 80% of what it was during the PDP era since February this year....
WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY...

2 Likes

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by mekestsa: 9:40am On Nov 29, 2022
ubox:

You produce more oil than Qatar but your population is almost 100 times theirs, so wrong analogy
Alright sir,

Nigerian leaders are the best, If not for having too much population, we would have been the richest country

Happy now?
Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by virginchaser(m): 9:42am On Nov 29, 2022
Treadway:
you don't know crap about what you are saying. This comment shows that clearly. No worry, those who live there will tell you/me who is lying. The portion causing the gridlock is around Kara inward berger. The traffic starts at Ibafo, even as early as 4/4:30am and sometimes before Ibafo and goes all the way down to that kara/Berger.

No, please don't change my lane for me. I didn't not dispute the fact that traffic is always terrible though it was fair last Sunday morning. My argument is JB is still working on the road.

2 Likes

Re: Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January by Tunagee(m): 9:42am On Nov 29, 2022
Biodun556:
Good

Well-done Buhari

Tinubu for president

Tinubu for president abi? He go shock you!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgent ! Visiting Canada For A Conference / LASG Announces Road Closure Ahead Of Lagos Marathon / Cleanest City In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.