Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,497 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Nigerias Brand Of Islam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerias Brand Of Islam (202 Views)

Millions Of Black Crickets Burst Out Of The Ground In Mecca(holy Site Of Islam) / Leadership Excellence: DOMAK Group Emerges 2022 Real Estate Brand Of The Year / See Where Nigerias Economy Was Before Buhari And His Policies (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerias Brand Of Islam by thinkmoney(m): 9:29am On Nov 29, 2022
I ASK FOR WISDOM.
I read the Quran and I have studied the tradition and history of Islam, from its beginning to the several powerful dynasties and empires it begat. Many of these dynasties were really progressive and liberal, a good example is the ottoman empire; this empire that was founded on the ruins of the Byzantine empire allowed for a lot of rights even for women and it helped build learning institutions and spread knowledge in science and other disciplines.
Muhammed (SAW), the founder of this dynamic religion ensured the right and dignity of women as he himself was surrounded by many women that he held dearly, from his beloved daughter Fatima to his wives, the industrious Khadijat and scholarly Aisha.
Sadly however, the brand of Islam practised here in Nigeria which has deep root in wahhabism and the culture it has bred is generally enslaving and hypocritical.
This brand of Islam is one main reason why the south is so way ahead of the north in many vital human indices (despite the fact that the north got exposed to other civilisations and education way earlier than the south).
See how our first lady has been conducting herself recently in shame and utter disregard for decency.
Contrast her with Stella Obasanjo and Patience Jonathan. These later ladies held the office with more grace.
Typical, its we from the south that are feeling so uneasy by this development and carrying the northerners matter on our head like 'headache'. There is an eerie silence from the north and even their fellow muslim brothers from the south here.
I wait to see the kind of prison that will contain everyone of us from the south that has been speaking out against Mrs Aisha Buhari's high-handedness.

(1) (Reply)

Attacks On Our Offices Won’t Stop 2023 General Elections — INEC / Theft Of Public Funds Wrecking Educational, Health Sectors — Osinbajo / Wike To Rivers PDP: Await Directive On Presidential Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.