Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,092 members, 7,821,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

No Assembly Sitting Reviewed Adeleke’s Inaugural Address — Lawmaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Assembly Sitting Reviewed Adeleke’s Inaugural Address — Lawmaker (608 Views)

Inaugural Address By President Bola Ahmed Tinubu / Charles Soludo's Inaugural Address As Anambra State Governor (Photos) / BREAKING: Akwa Ibom Governor Allegedly Disrupts Assembly Sitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Assembly Sitting Reviewed Adeleke’s Inaugural Address — Lawmaker by adenigga(m): 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2022
The legislator representing the Obokun State Constituency in Osun State House of Assembly, Adewumi Adeyemi, has said the lawmakers did not at any of its sittings review Governor Ademola Adeleke’s inaugural address.

Adeyemi’s position was in response to a statement signed by the spokesperson for the Assembly, Moshood Akande, which claimed that the lawmakers had reviewed Adeleke’s inaugural address and had taken certain positions.

Akande in his statement had said, “The State of Osun House of Assembly, having reviewed the inaugural speech of the Governor and the activities of the inauguration, hereby resolves as follows:

“The usage of the State Anthem, Crest and Flag is an enactment of law and as such, its usage is a matter of law and not choice.

“The enactment, ‘State of Osun Anthem, Crest and Flag Law, 2012’ assented to on the 18th of December, 2012 contained in Schedule I, II, III, IV and V, which carefully details every component of this law, is not in ambiguity.

“Schedule I is the State Anthem, Schedule II has to do with the State Crest, Schedule III is the symbolic significance of the elements in the Flag.

“Lastly, while we are aware of a court judgment in effect recognising ‘Osun State’, the Assembly, pending the determination and exhaustion of all legal means, would not be drawn into this matter.

“However, the State shall and will continue to be described as the State of the Virtuous (Ipinle Omoluabi).”

But Adeyemi insisted that he had been attending plenary regularly, adding that at no time was Adeleke’s address discussed by the lawmakers.

Adeyemi, however, encouraged the lawmakers to continue working together and support the new government.

“My attention has been drawn to a statement which reportedly emanated from the Osun State House of Assembly and was signed by Hon. Moshood Kunle Akande.

“In the said statement, it was stated that the Assembly reviewed the inaugural speech and activities of the inauguration held on Sunday, November 27.

“As a lawmaker who attends plenary very well, I hereby state unequivocally that the Assembly has not met after the governor’s inauguration.

“It is also worth noting that there was no place the resolution was passed by the Assembly. The public, especially Osun people, are hereby advised to take note of this,” Adeyemi concluded.

Source: https://punchng.com/No-Assembly-sitting-reviewed-Adelekes-inaugural-address-Lawmaker

Re: No Assembly Sitting Reviewed Adeleke’s Inaugural Address — Lawmaker by God1000(m): 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2022
I think APC is controling the Osun state house of assembly, I see a lot of clashes between the governor and the lawmakers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Assembly Sitting Reviewed Adeleke’s Inaugural Address — Lawmaker by Tinubuadvocate: 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2022
They should impeach him if he do anything against the law.But those lawmakers will soon migrate to pdp .

5 Likes

Re: No Assembly Sitting Reviewed Adeleke’s Inaugural Address — Lawmaker by Sammy07: 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2022
God1000:
I think APC is controling the Osun state house of assembly, I see a lot of clashes between the governor and the lawmakers

Yeah.
Apc 23
Pdp 3 (Ede North LGA – Hon Babajide Kofoworola, Ede South LGA – Hon. Niran Atidade, Obokun LGA – Hon. Adewumi Adeyemi)

Senate
2 apc
1 pdp

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Assembly Sitting Reviewed Adeleke’s Inaugural Address — Lawmaker by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2022
Interesting...
Re: No Assembly Sitting Reviewed Adeleke’s Inaugural Address — Lawmaker by delpee(f): 1:10pm On Nov 29, 2022
Sammy07:

Yeah.
Apc 23
Pdp 3 (Ede North LGA – Hon Babajide Kofoworola, Ede South LGA – Hon. Niran Atidade, Obokun LGA – Hon. Adewumi Adeyemi,

Will there be fresh elections for the HOA I'm February next year?
Re: No Assembly Sitting Reviewed Adeleke’s Inaugural Address — Lawmaker by citygarden(m): 1:21pm On Nov 29, 2022
Yes, another election will be conduct on general election.

delpee:

1 Like

Re: No Assembly Sitting Reviewed Adeleke’s Inaugural Address — Lawmaker by Sammy07: 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2022
delpee:

Yep

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Finally Dumps Atiku, Seen Campaigning For Tinubu In London (Video) / Tinubu Will Work Through Nigeria’s Faultlines To Make It Great / Was Tinubu The First Governor To Raise Bond For Infrastructure In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.