Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Urchins Are Like Dogs That Bark, Don't Listen To Them. Learn From Gov Adeleke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urchins Are Like Dogs That Bark, Don't Listen To Them. Learn From Gov Adeleke (311 Views)

Gov Adeleke Inspects Osun House In Abuja abandoned for 12 years by APC (pics) / Only God Or Atiku's Victory Can Save Gov Adeleke - Deji Adeyanju / Buratai To Generals: Coup Won't Be Tolerated. Don't Listen To Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urchins Are Like Dogs That Bark, Don't Listen To Them. Learn From Gov Adeleke by Eriokanmi: 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2022
It's no more news that governor Adeleke of osun state, aka the dancing governor's brand new administration has been inaugurated. I join the millions of good people of osun state to congratulate him. The expectations are high, we know but he will certainty deliver with the right people on his side. I'm glad he didn't labour till death the way our bad-mouthed uncle had said. It's a long walk to victory.

Every human being should take a cue of the dancing governor. He fought hard, his mandate was stolen, I remember when a whole collation centre in a region where he won massively was set ablaze and that police spokeswoman was lying openly in public, that the bullet they fired to disperse thugs hit the generator and the fire from the gen burnt down the collation centre,.imagine grin. Many police would not make heaven. If you're a child of one of them reading this, preach to them to repent. You could also be affected by whatever befalls them if you don't talk to them.
Adeleke collected his mandate back with the support of those who believed he deserved to lead them. The battle predated his ambition as osun governor. I remember when his brother Isiaka Adeleke died and his constituency was shopping for his replacement. The APC under the administration of Aregbe played a smart one on the new governor who was then a bona fide member of the APC. Emilokan dissuaded Aregbe from picking gov adeleke to contest in the soon to be conducted by-election for the late isiaka Adeleke's replacement. They went and picked the candidate preferred by Emilokan. This man has been doing his dabaru politics, e don teeeey. He just pretended as if he knew nothing about the goings on in osun that time. Governor Adeleke now left the apc and contested for senate under the pdp and won. That was the beginning of his travails. A lot of people were even fingered in the death of Isiaka Adeleke because they've been speculating that he would contest for osun guber race and as the man of the people, he would win and unseat the apc in the state. So, he died in such a controversial manner. Someone who wasn't sick before his sudden death.

Governor Adeleke contested to run under the pdp as governor 4 years ago. He had led the apc with a slim margin. Instead of continuing the count, they declared the battle grounds results inconclusive so they stopped. They now went and formed a kangaroo alliance with Omisore. Omisore now collapsed structure and the rest was history. His sin was suddenly forgotten and he joined the apc after the victory. During the legal battle with the apc by gov Adeleke, they said he didn't go to school, he only had primary six result whereas, Oshiomohle of edo state was in his category when running for governor of Edo. This man was just a mere Labour leader with no sound educational background. He had a trade test certificate before he upgraded himself after becoming governor. All the paali he got became possible as governor cos moni don plenti to do many things. I was with same Oshiomohle at the USA embassy in 2005 in same hall when I went to renew my visa. He too came for same purpose, looking humble. Today, he's been upgraded and people suddenly forgot his past. That's even by the way.

Adeleke was charged to court on the account of forgery. They said he had only pry six result. All the emilokan agents mobbed him at court. Eventually he came out victorious and court ruled that, sec schl result wasn't a prerequisite to run as governor. His pry 6 cert was OK. This man didn't get discouraged. He went back to school in that 4 years to get the necessary certificates. He ran again and the people spoke at the polls, despite the 5k,10k and 20k they gave them to buy their conscience and life for another 4 years.

Urchins called this man all manners of names, as if he's not a yorubaman anymore. They said a dancer isn't fit to be governor. They even said in the history of osun state, no Christian had become governor, they used religous sentiments to finish this man...which urchins are still known for till today. But what happened? They've failed to realise the fact that, not even a traditionalist will be against you if you're loved naturally. Both Muslims,Christians and traditionalists voted adeleke in a state populated by Muslims. A Christian candidate defeated an incumbent Muslim candidate. Urchins are like dogs that bark. If you keep throwing stones at them, you'd miss your target in life and may not reach your destination eventually. Just ignore them and stay focused. They have nowhere to go. They prefer to suffer and smile till their old age. That's how they're formed.

The moral of my epistle...never view or profile a leader based on sentiments because the majority will still speak at the polls. Stop religous and ethnic bigotry cos it will never move our country forward. Go to the gulf region today, they welcome both Muslims and Christians. The largest number of visitors to UAE annually are non muslims. Now, Saudi Arabia is having a rethink. They've been Conservative for ages. They're now considering tourism and issuing visa to both Muslims and non muslims. UAE is a case study. Qatar too.

Nigeria is so much blessed. I've never seen such a blessed country on earth. Good weather, rich natural resources, vast population,, good and highly intelligent people. Everywhere i go whenever i speak, they don't ask if im Ghanaian or Togolese. The question they ask is, are you Nigerian? They'd nod their head after saying yes and am sure its same experience as others...we keep discovering oil every time gold is in ondo, osun and somewhere in Ekiti under ijero local government which people are still keeping secret. Ondo had the largest deposit of stock fish in Africa under a thousand years old pond. Bitumen nko? Nigeria ranks 2nd largest in bitumen in the world. Its in ondo state. Coal in enugu which was abandoned is what's still giving south Africa electricity till tomorrow. The only problem we have is leadership. Once we get it right, we'd become American nightmares cos they'd not sleep again. They know we have the potentials to be great. Its up to you and me. God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Urchins Are Like Dogs That Bark, Don't Listen To Them. Learn From Gov Adeleke by slivertongue: 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2022
Toothless folks
Re: Urchins Are Like Dogs That Bark, Don't Listen To Them. Learn From Gov Adeleke by Prometheus666: 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2022
Great thread.
Re: Urchins Are Like Dogs That Bark, Don't Listen To Them. Learn From Gov Adeleke by OnyeAshuaUru: 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2022
Nice work.
A new Nigeria is POssible
Vote Peter Obi.
Re: Urchins Are Like Dogs That Bark, Don't Listen To Them. Learn From Gov Adeleke by SisterFire(f): 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2022
Time is round not straight continue counting in ADs n BCs while wise ones count According to past n present then future. He has collected his mandate and his time of grief wiped out.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Will Invest In Nollywood Unlike Peter Obi, Tinubu - Kazeem / Embassy Of Nigeria Burundi, East Africa Endorse And Partners Yapjen / Amnesty International Condemns Horrific Military Invasion By Nigeria Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.