Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Does Anyone Still Remember The Days Of Militias?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does Anyone Still Remember The Days Of Militias?? (224 Views)

Do You Still Remember The Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance? / What Was Stolen From You In School That You Still Remember And Sad ? / Do You Still Remember Okwuchi:the Only Survival Of The Sosoliso Plane Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Still Remember The Days Of Militias?? by Zico777(m): 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2022
Good evening folks, I just remembered this and I decided to bring it here for those of us who are of age.
In the mid 90s we used to have the people known as Militias in secondary schools especially those of us who schooled in Lagos state.

They used to put on military camouflage, they were drafted to schools to checkmate the activities of erring students.

Those guys were feared.

All of a sudden we just stopped seeing them.

I think one of the reasons they were withdrawn from schools was because of complains made by parents.

Kindly share your experience if u had any.
Re: Does Anyone Still Remember The Days Of Militias?? by Wurld: 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2022
I don't know nothing about them, I just learned about them from you actually, but now would be a very good time to reintroduce them to schools, cos the rate of moral decadence amongst the school kids of today is damn too scary.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Still Remember The Days Of Militias?? by Zico777(m): 6:01am On Nov 30, 2022
Wurld:
I don't know nothing about them, I just learned about them from you actually, but now would be a very good time to reintroduce them to schools, cos the rate of moral decadence amongst the school kids of today is damn too scary.
Anyone that attended Saint Finbarr's College Akoka Lagos in the 90s knows what I'm talking about.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Age Limit 2022 Updated For 2023 / Best Schools / ANA Abuja Unveils Buratai As Patron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.