Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,325 members, 7,864,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:20 PM

Youths Seen As Irrelevant Factor In Nigeria Politics - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Youths Seen As Irrelevant Factor In Nigeria Politics (128 Views)

Save Fuel And Money With Fuel Factor X - FFX / HOT: Supreme Court Order on Naira Irrelevant, Non-binding - CBN Legal Opinion / Please Stop Pushing Irrelevant Post To Front Page. Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Youths Seen As Irrelevant Factor In Nigeria Politics by Sanbella(m): 7:21am On Nov 30, 2022
In my society, Youths are underated when it comes to political issues and views, They are not regarded as a force to reckon with but can be used to actualize politicians dreams.��
Also,2023 election is fast approaching and politicians are still of the belief that youths will be manipulated like the previous times. In our society, Youths are used as political thugs by the politicians , Teenagers with great dreams have been used to albeit different types of crime ranging from destruct of life and properties,electoral malpractice e.t.c.
My country is wallowing in poverty and this has been a major factor that made many youths to succumb to tyrannical politician's tune. Our politics is characterized with violence usually spearheaded by greedy politicians but enforced by ignorant youths.���
A School of law says in Latin language that "ignorantia juris non excusant" which means "ignorance is not an excuse or defence in the Court of law",The lack of understanding and knowledge by our youths has made them to underrate themselves and made them so flexible to be controlled easily by politicians.

"THE LIGHT IS HERE": It is with gladness and joy in my heart that I am using this medium to sensitize our youths on their impact in the next election and other elections in the future.
There are so many evil antics by some politicians saying that "My vote and your vote won't count", and they will then convince us to use violence means to clinch victory in polls. That's not true, Don't ever subscribe to that theory and if you have, you can unsubscribe, If our votes don't count, politicians won't try to take lives so that they can be the winner.
Furthermore,Let's be optimistic about any steps we want to take in life because the doubts in us can have a major effects in our political decision as a youth.
In addition, After fulfilling the requirements needed to be an electorate and a qualified voter, let's vote for the right and credible candidate irrespective of status, religion, tribe and political party. Many youth's future have been destroyed because they prioritized monetary benefits from politicians to their national interest. Let's say a big "No" to financial inducement and intimidation.
Conclusively, If the above listed steps are adhered to strictly,the end result will be positive and then all those undermining the impacts of youths in our politics will see the huge difference that ", Without youth involvement in the politics, there's no progress".

Ajiboye Oluwatobi Oluwatoyin
A Good Governance Advocate, Writer and Political Analyst.

(1) (Reply)

Alpine Convent Is The Best School In Gurgaon / December Awoof Is Here. Check It Out / Xdfdru Jfnfhrdd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.