Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car (3377 Views)

This Car Has Been Stolen Yesterday / I Recovered My Car 15 Minutes After Stolen On The Highway By Armed Robbers Today / Car Tracking Story: How I Recovered My Stolen Vehicle... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by brutustech: 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2022
My Camry Muscle with PLATE NUMBER JJJ661GJ to a Car Wash in Social Club, Abule Egba in Lagos State. I returned to take back the car but didn't see it again. The carwash man is saying he doesnt know where the car is. I need help of the public to recover it.

UPDATE: I just got a call from the Police that my car has been recovered by their men in Ogun State. The car was stolen by two guys that work at the Carwash - both have been arrested.

They were arrested in Shagamu area of Ogun State. Nigeria Police are good at their job when they decide to work. Thank you everyone that showed concern, may God not put is in difficult situation

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by 2special(m): 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2022
Hope it was towed by any of the law enforcement agencies, probably it was parked on a major road, check all the law enforcement agencies in your Area.
Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by greggng: 7:06pm On Nov 30, 2022
brutustech:
My Camry Muscle with PLATE NUMBER JJJ661GJ to a Car Wash in Social Club, Abule Egba in Lagos State. I returned to take back the car but didn't see it again. The carwash man is saying he doesnt know where the car is. I need help of the public to recover it.

You should contact the police with your car details. They will also arrest the car wash attendant ..he can't claim he doesn't know anything except you didn't live it in his care .

9 Likes

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by harqinhola(m): 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2022
aside plate number, what other feature does the car have that can help us identify it ?
Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by Zonefree(m): 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2022
Arrest the car washer first.

13 Likes

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by brutustech: 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2022
harqinhola:
aside plate number, what other feature does the car have that can help us identify it ?
The dashboard is red
Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by brutustech: 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2022
greggng:

You should contact the police with your car details. They will also arrest the car wash attendant ..he can't claim he doesn't know anything except you didn't live it in his care .
I have contacted the police and they have invited the carwash attendant

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by greggng: 7:30pm On Nov 30, 2022
brutustech:
I have contacted the police and they have invited the carwash attendant

Very good step ..I am gonna help by posting it on car dealer whatssp group so that they don't end up buying stolen car

15 Likes

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by brutustech: 7:43pm On Nov 30, 2022
greggng:

Very good step ..I am gonna help by posting it on car dealer whatssp group so that they don't end up buying stolen car
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by gly2ken: 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2022
Guy your story is not complete. Here some questions for you to answer:
1. Was your intention to wash the car. If yes when you parked the car did you speak to the car wash guy that you are parking your car for washing.

2. Did you go with the key or not. If no was the key in the hands of the car wash guy.

3. Does your car have tracker.

2 Likes

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by Timagex(m): 8:05pm On Nov 30, 2022
God help us o! Corrolas and Camry's are on code red in Nigeria.

May it be found soon..

2 Likes

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by eteebanky1: 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2022
This kind of tread always make me fear

Imagine someone stole my car, I go nearly mad swears

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by brutustech: 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2022
gly2ken:
Guy your story is not complete. Here some questions for you to answer:
1. Was your intention to wash the car. If yes when you parked the car did you speak to the car wash guy that you are parking your car for washing.

2. Did you go with the key or not. If no was the key in the hands of the car wash guy.

3. Does your car have tracker.

1&2 I gave the key to the carwash

3 no tracker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by buygala(m): 8:33pm On Nov 30, 2022
brutustech:

So sorry for your loss Op..

But my line of work has exposed me to the sad fact that car thieves and their accomplices also have access to the Internet, including this and any online forum car theft victims might solicit help from

I will strongly advise you take this matter offline and involve and mobilize Law Enforcement.. Much as we love to hate them, they are your best bet right now.. And if those guys wanna work, they DO work..If the Police mean to find something or someone, they will 90% of the time.

I have had a case where some Car thieves, after stealing a vehicle, came online, google searched the plate number of the vehicle, and then started following up on the owner's narration of efforts to recover his vehicle.. Up to the point where some of the thieves pretended to offer help to the victim, with the sole intention of tracking and being steps ahead of the recovery process.. In the end, Police stumbled on rear light of vehicle with engraved numbers which matched info in a signal recently sent out.. It was a miracle the officer even remembered the number and to cross reference with the signal.. Vehicle had been dismantled and an innocent buyer had bought the number engraved rear light Mgbuka style and was on his way to install in his own vehicle.. By the time the police was done arresting, more than 30 persons who had bought or sold parts of the vehicle, minus the man who bought the vehicle complete for butchering, were all chilling in Sanko.

It's online that some of these car thieves get to know that the vehicle they just stole has a tracker, and if they are very fortunate, the owner will even reveal the location of the tracker in his desperation for help.. Among other nifty details that when known to the thief, can set him far ahead of the recovery process

All in all.. Op please be careful.. Much as we won't like to admit it, this forum and anywhere else online isn't a seminary.. As we have a lot of responsible citizens online, we are sure to have thieves, armed robbers, hired killers and all other sorts of misfits who are simply looking for hapless victims to plunder..

Be sure to properly vet whoever offers you help towards recovery of the vehicle.. And be careful what info you give out as well as what steps you have taken offline to recover the car..

Sadly, your model of vehicle is most likely immediately butchered for parts once stolen.. Sellers will make more money off it selling it in parts than selling it whole, while avoiding the obvious risks of trying to fling a registered stolen vehicle ..

If your vehicle isn't recovered within a few days of its theft, its likely gone.

Sad fact

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by brutustech: 8:55pm On Nov 30, 2022
buygala:

So sorry for your loss Op..

But my line of work has exposed me to the sad fact that car thieves and their accomplices also have access to the Internet, including this and any online forum car theft victims might solicit help from

I will strongly advise you take this matter offline and involve and mobilizer law enforcement.. Much as we love to hate them, they are your best bet right now.. And if those guys wanna work, they DO work..If the Police mean to find something or someone, they will 90% of the time.

I have had a case where some Car thieves, after stealing a vehicle, came online, google searched the plate number of the vehicle, and then started following up on the owner's narration of efforts to recover his vehicle.. Up to the point where some of the thieves pretended to offer help to the victim, with the sole intention of tracking and being steps ahead of the recovery process.. In the end, Police stumbled on rear light of vehicle with engraved numbers which matched info in a signal recently sent out.. It was a miracle the officer even remembered the number and to cross reference with the signal.. Vehicle had been dismantled and an innocent buyer had bought the number engraved rear light Mgbuka style and was on his way to install in his own vehicle.. By the time the police was done arresting, more than 30 persons who had bought or sold parts of the vehicle, minus the man who bought the vehicle complete for butchering, were chilling in Sanko.

It's online that some of these car thieves get to know that the vehicle they just stole has a tracker, and if they are very fortunate, the owner will even reveal the location of the tracker in his desperation for help.. Among other nifty details that when known to the thief, can set him far ahead of the recovery process

All in all.. Op please be careful.. Much as we won't like to admit it, this forum and anywhere else online isn't a seminary.. As we have a lot of responsible citizens online, we are sure to have thieves, armed robbers, hired killers and all other sorts of misfits who are simply looking for hapless victims to plunder..

Be sure to properly vet whoever offers you help towards recovery of the vehicle.. And be careful what info you give out as well as what steps you have taken offline to recover the car..

Sadly, your model of vehicle is most likely butchered for parts once stolen.. Sellers will make more money off it selling it in parts than selling it whole, while avoiding the obvious risks of trying to fling a registered stolen vehicle ..

If your vehicle isn't recovered within a few days of its theft, its likely gone.

Sad fact
This is heartwretching
Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by smsgrouper: 9:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
Hello guys, This Solution may be of help in the future

There’s this anti vehicle theft solution a private business is proposing to Nigeria motorists.

And it’s all about getting a confidential identification number for your vehicle.

This can protect one’s vehicle to be sold illegally and also protect vehicle buyers buying stolen vehicle.

This is achievable because if a vehicle is stolen to be resold to an unsuspecting customer. All the buyer needs to do is to ask for the confidential identification number assigned to the vehicle for the seller to prove ownership. Since it’s a confidential number only know to the vehicle owner, it will be absolutely difficult for a vehicle thief to sell such vehicle. It’s just like our ATM PIN and the ATM Card itself. If one has an ATM Card without its PIN, I want to believe that plastic card is useless.

How can this be done?

This solution has to do with an electronic windscreen sticker containing an hidden identification number that can only be reveal by an authorized app via QR code scanning.

The hidden identification number will be assigned to every vehicle registration in the national vehicle registration database and the identification number will be confidentially sent to the vehicle owner, also the electronic sticker will be placed on vehicle’s windscreen.

The major essence of this is for vehicle buyers to have the ability to verify a vehicle for sale in no time. And also for vehicle verification to be done with a vehicle owner’s consent.

Guys can this discourage and tackle vehicle theft in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by Freed2022: 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2022
One among many reasons why insurance is very important in Nigeria.

Sorry for the loss.
Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by Countersam(m): 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2022
brutustech:

The carwash guy dey whine you and you come dey whine us...
Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by Sucre6: 10:13pm On Nov 30, 2022
Why is no one talking about the carwash guy that has custody of the key

Op goan arrest that guy, don't show no mercy for him, leave him in detention for long, he would eventually tell u what really happened to your car, why u guys romancing this matter, arrest him before he runs away, there is no way he would say he don't know one or two things that happened before a car kept in his possession goes missing, I hate rubbish angry

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by WantsandMore: 10:18pm On Nov 30, 2022
smsgrouper:

There’s this anti vehicle theft solution a private business is proposing to Nigeria motorists.

And it’s all about getting a confidential identification number for your vehicle.

This can protect one’s vehicle to be sold illegally and also protect vehicle buyers buying stolen vehicle.

This is achievable because if a vehicle is stolen to be resold to an unsuspecting customer. All the buyer needs to do is to ask for the confidential identification number assigned to the vehicle for the seller to prove ownership. Since it’s a confidential number only know to the vehicle owner, it will be absolutely difficult for a vehicle thief to sell such vehicle. It’s just like our ATM PIN and the ATM Card itself. If one has an ATM Card without its PIN, I want to believe that plastic card is useless.

How can this be done?

This solution has to do with an electronic windscreen sticker containing an hidden identification number that can only be reveal by an authorized app via QR code scanning.

The hidden identification number will be assigned to every vehicle registration in the national vehicle registration database and the identification number will be confidentially sent to the vehicle owner, also the electronic sticker will be placed on vehicle’s windscreen.

The major essence of this is for vehicle buyers to have the ability to verify a vehicle for sale in no time. And also for vehicle verification to be done with a vehicle owner’s consent.

depends, will the stickers be have proof? i.e, can a Dev modify the content of the QR to pass your Qr scanning?
Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by greggng: 10:18pm On Nov 30, 2022
Sucre6:
Why is no one talking about the carwash guy that has custody of the key

Op goan arrest that guy, don't show no mercy for him, leave him in detention for long, he would eventually tell u what really happened to your car, why u guys romancing this matter, arrest him before he runs away, there is no way he would say he don't know one or two things that happened before a car kept in his possession goes missing, I hate rubbish angry

I saw where the op said the police has invited the guy...

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by smsgrouper: 10:31pm On Nov 30, 2022
WantsandMore:
depends, will the stickers be have proof? i.e, can a Dev modify the content of the QR to pass your Qr scanning?

No! It can’t be modified.. you can only access it with a special scanning app or authorized RFID readers
Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by wiseone28: 10:49pm On Nov 30, 2022
Very soon people will stop patronizing carwash people..

Always them with customers car.

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by lordm(m): 10:52pm On Nov 30, 2022
Congratulations man. Mine was stolen three months ago and I am yet to get any information from the police.
Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by davodyguy: 11:08pm On Nov 30, 2022
lordm:
Congratulations man. Mine was stolen three months ago and I am yet to get any information from the police.
Wow.

How did it happen?

Sorry for the loss

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by techWriter1: 2:17am On Dec 01, 2022
detained the car dishwasher first
Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by oladipuposadeeq(m): 6:21am On Dec 01, 2022
greggng:

boss pls add me to the group, this is my no 08100682228
Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by triplek2000: 8:08am On Dec 01, 2022
Am happy for you bro!
Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by dplordx(m): 8:54am On Dec 01, 2022
Oyaaaa!!! You must send recharge card to everyone who commented here cheesy cheesy cheesy
Go and buy lojack, or tracker! One of the two will greatly help.
Me self, my car no get tracker, im ordering 1 this month!
So happy for you!!!

2 Likes

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by smsgrouper: 9:11am On Dec 01, 2022
dplordx:
Oyaaaa!!! You must send recharge card to everyone who commented here cheesy cheesy cheesy
Go and buy lojack, or tracker! One of the two will greatly help.
Me self, my car no get tracker, im ordering 1 this month!
So happy for you!!!

How can this be done?

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: My Car Has Been Stolen - Polices Has Recovered My Car by oludollar(m): 9:37am On Dec 01, 2022
So happy you got your recovered so fast. Some people are not lucky. Be mindful of places you park your car.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz C300 2013 Fulloption Toks... 7m / Nissan Altima 2008 / 2002 Toyota Camry Xle Wit Voice Navi,leather Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.