Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:43 AM

RTO/VIO Mayors Induct Senator Oseni As Grand Patron - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / RTO/VIO Mayors Induct Senator Oseni As Grand Patron (176 Views)

Davido Meets Wema Bank's New MD/CEO, Moruf Oseni / Tinubu/shettima Group Lauds Senator Oseni's Unique Party Loyalty / John Yusuf, 4 Others Inducted As VIO Mayors, Appointed FCT Squadron Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RTO/VIO Mayors Induct Senator Oseni As Grand Patron by usmanabdulsalam(m): 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2022
RTO/VIO Mayors Induct Senator Oseni as Grand Patron

In recognition of his legislative contributions, dedication and selfless service to the nation, the Mayors of Road Traffic Officer/ Vehicle Inspection Officer (RTO/VIO) in Abuja have unanimously inducted Senator Yakubu Oseni as its Grand Patron.

The induction programme took place today at the VIO Conference Hall, Mabushi Abuja.

While speaking at the event, Senator Oseni who is the Chairman, Senate Committee on Information and Communication Technology (ICT)/Cyber Security, Senator Yakubu Oseni opined that Nigeria is ripe for full deployment of ICT devices in road traffic and safety management.

The lawmaker who expressed his preparedness to align with VIO in its quest for safety roads in Abuja, highlighted several digital devices which could help the officers to forestall possible road mishaps and even deal with defaulters.

"In as much as I understand that this special Road Traffic Mayor Corps was established to increase stakeholders' participation in road safety and traffic management, I believe Nigeria is ripe for full deployment of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in traffic management. The need to adopt digital devices in management of road transport related issues becomes imperative because of several factors and attitude that could cause road mishaps.

"In addition to the much-needed attitudinal change amongst road users in Nigeria, I believe traffic control and management will become seamless when ICT devices are deployed", he said

He however called for positive attitudinal change amongst road users in Nigeria, noting that there should be no limit to measures, discourse and policies that are aimed at bringing more sanity to Nigeria roads and its users.

On his part, the Director of FCT Directorate of Road Transport Services (DRTS), Dr Bello Abdullateef commended Senator Yakubu Oseni and other inductees for their exemplary and selfless services to the nation in their various field of endeavors.

Dr Abdullateef further revealed that Senator Oseni's nomination as Patron of the VIO Mayors is in recognition of his legislative contributions and dedication, just as he expressed optimism that the lawmaker would lend his voice in the quest to decongest the Nigeria roads.

"I am sure that by the time Senator Yakubu appears in the chamber tomorrow, he will begin to tell his colleagues and every National Assembly workers on the need to ensure more safety on our roads by paying serious attention to the traffic safety measures", he said.

SenatorYakubuOseniMediaCrew

(1) (Reply)

How To Get My P60 In Uk / Morocco Vs Spain Live Stream: How To Watch / "This Is Very Sad" - Reactions Trail Homeless Nigerian Begging For Food Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.