Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

What Most Programmers Won't Tell You About Solving Problems At Interviews - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Most Programmers Won't Tell You About Solving Problems At Interviews (527 Views)

Why Are Most Programmers Single? / I'm Preparing For Problem Solving Test / Most "Programmers" Here Are Not Programmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Most Programmers Won't Tell You About Solving Problems At Interviews by TastyFriedPussy: 11:19am On Dec 01, 2022
They won't tell you that sometimes(most times) you need to be a master of the English language to even know where to start from. as in asides form sabi(ing) how to code, you need to sabi English well well too... grin

You go hear things like
Given a array X of N integers, make non-overlapping partitions of X such that for every X[i], X[i] is an element of one partition of X grin

If developer sleekcode no even know wetin non-overlapping mean, or wetin partition me, Shey you wan come dey tell interviewer make him wait make you go check dictionary? Na so him go go There go fall yakata for ground, disgracing his ancestors grin

Not just only that example, many more. These guys can use Grammar to make David look like Goliath grin .....

The moral of the story is, as you dey learn to code, also try dey learn English small, small too so that you don't end up like developer sleekcode grin
Re: What Most Programmers Won't Tell You About Solving Problems At Interviews by Sleekcode: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2022
grin
Re: What Most Programmers Won't Tell You About Solving Problems At Interviews by AlchemyOfCodes: 11:38am On Dec 01, 2022
lol grin
Re: What Most Programmers Won't Tell You About Solving Problems At Interviews by LearnedsConcept(m): 5:41pm On Dec 01, 2022

Well, what you said is quite right...

but not all sequence of codes can be explained to an Interviewer except he/she is mathematically and logically inclined with you, so I rather go
with the given array of X, than explaining it in plain English, wasting unnecessary time

Any employer employing an employee must first know what task they ought to cover...

-Zuckerberg

1 Like

Re: What Most Programmers Won't Tell You About Solving Problems At Interviews by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
This is very true. I have met devs from non english speaking countries and the first thing they had to learn was english before learning to code. The amount of dedication to do such is insane.

3 Likes

Re: What Most Programmers Won't Tell You About Solving Problems At Interviews by Hannania(m): 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
They won't tell you that sometimes(most times) you need to be a master of the English language to even know where to start from. as in asides form sabi(ing) how to code, you need to sabi English well well too... grin

You go hear things like
Given a array X of N integers, make non-overlapping partitions of X such that for every X[i], X[i] is an element of one partition of X grin

If developer sleekcode no even know wetin non-overlapping mean, or wetin partition me, Shey you wan come dey tell interviewer make him wait make you go check dictionary? Na so him go go There go fall yakata for ground, disgracing his ancestors grin

Not just only that example, many more. These guys can use Grammar to make David look like Goliath grin .....

The moral of the story is, as you dey learn to code, also try dey learn English small, small too so that you don't end up like developer sleekcode grin
These kind of English wording are common in multidimensional array questions. But I believe constant practice would familiarise a dev with such terms.

Shit is funny though cheesy
Re: What Most Programmers Won't Tell You About Solving Problems At Interviews by Karleb(m): 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2022
grin grin
Re: What Most Programmers Won't Tell You About Solving Problems At Interviews by Sleekcode: 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
This is very true. I have met devs from non english speaking countries and the first thing they had to learn was english before learning to code. The amount of dedication to do such is insane.

Only u have met all types of Dev everyday.

Where exactly do u work..

Any Dev they mention

Fiam... Uv Met them B4...

Don't tell me Remote. angry

4 Likes

Re: What Most Programmers Won't Tell You About Solving Problems At Interviews by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sleekcode:

Any Dev they mention

Fiam... Uv Met then B4...

LoL I am unemployed and use nairaland to catch cruise. You got any job for me?
Re: What Most Programmers Won't Tell You About Solving Problems At Interviews by Sleekcode: 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

LoL I am unemployed and use nairaland to catch cruise. You got any job for me?
No
Re: What Most Programmers Won't Tell You About Solving Problems At Interviews by Johnchrix(m): 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sleekcode:

Any Dev they mention

Fiam... Uv Met them B4...

E shock you abeg free my oga o

(1) (Reply)

Web Development Training. Starting On Monday. / Into The Programming World / Android Music Player App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.