Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,360 members, 7,843,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

The Ignorance Of Nigerians In Regards To The JAPA Phenomenom - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Ignorance Of Nigerians In Regards To The JAPA Phenomenom (542 Views)

What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? / The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West / Nigerian Youths And The ‘Japa’ Syndrome, By Fredrick Nwabufo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Ignorance Of Nigerians In Regards To The JAPA Phenomenom by gforce5: 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
I don't know why everyone's crying about the number of people migrating out of country. Nigeria is not the only country that has a brain drain problem. It is common in a lot of developing countries. If you look at the actual statistics of the number of people in the diaspora, Nigerians will not even make the top 15 let alone top 10. Just google it. China, India, Philippines and Lebanon have some of the largest number of diaspora in the world. Do you know how many Polish,Armenians and Turkish people live outside their countries of origin? Even within the so called 'developed' world, do you know how many British people are migrating to the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand on a yearly basis?

We even give inflated figures concerning the number of Nigerians living in the US, UK and Canada. You have several "experts" asserting that Nigeria's population in the UK in 3 million grin. How can that be when the total number of blacks in the UK is not more than 2 million? As of 2011, the UK's population census estimated the total of ethnic minorities in the country to be about 6 million of which 4 million is comprised of Asians and blacks constituting 2 million. Most blacks in the UK are caribbeans of which the majority are Jamaican. Black Africans as a whole are not more than a million of which 300,000 are Nigerians. So I don't know where we get these inflated figures of 3 million Nigerians from. In the US, Nigerians cannot be more than a million. U.S. is too big for one to inflate figures.

I am not against people migrating. In fact, I whole heartedly support it as the Government has failed its people. My issue with the whole japa thing is that the Government and the masses have blown it way out of proportion. Nigeria's population as of 2022 is 213 million of which 93 million are estimated to be living below the poverty line. How many can afford to migrate?? Instead of complaining about people leaving the country, the Government should be looking for ways to provide a stable environment for the ones living in the country to succeed. If not, what we are seeing now will be nothing compared to what will happen in the next two years.

3 Likes

Re: The Ignorance Of Nigerians In Regards To The JAPA Phenomenom by Goodman247: 7:59pm On Dec 01, 2022
Most Nigerians are wicked,Those people are devil sponsored agents, life is all.about choice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

25 Escape Death As Speeding Trailer Rams Into Petrol Tanker In Anambra / Why Is Abidjan, Cote D'lvore Unique?(afcon2024) / Airport Car Transport Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.