Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo (1330 Views)

Mary Mijebo: Lesbian Tiktoker Enjoyment Don 75 Shot Dead By Yahoo Boys In Delta / Palm Wine Tapper Caught Trying To Smuggle Food For Kidnappers In A Farm In Delta / Palm Wine Tapper Killed In Edo (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by DamnnNiggarr: 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
Palm wine tapper shot dead by hunter in Ondo
Tragedy struck on Thursday in Onikerosine community in Ondo East Local Government Area of Ondo State when a 30-year-old palm wine tapper was shot dead by a hunter.

It was gathered that Sunday Olubusade, the 56-year-old hunter, shot the deceased palm wine tapper while he was having a bath in a river after work in the farm.

The suspect claimed that when he pointed his gun and pulled the trigger, he saw an antelope rather than a person.

“I was hunting and I saw an antelope and shot at it. But later, I saw a man on the floor and I quickly went to the station to report. I don’t know what happened.

Meanwhile, the tragedy has continued to draw reactions in the community. Some family members and friends were spotted sitting in groups discussing the development while others wore mournful expressions.

Following the incident, police officers were sent to the community to increase security in order to prevent any attacks by community members who might have been preparing to avenge the victim’s death.

A police source who confirmed the incident said an investigation into the matter was ongoing.

“Immediately the police were alerted by the suspect, personnel were mobilised to the scene and the corpse was evacuated to the mortuary.
Daily Post

Mynd44
Oam4j
nlfpmod

Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by DamnnNiggarr: 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
shocked

Could be spiritually induced.

Anything is possible.

2 Likes

Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by Urheadmaster(m): 7:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
cheesy

Sunday Olubusade, the 56-year-old hunter would've been a good sniper shooter had it been he joined the Nigeria police force tongue
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by Urheadmaster(m): 7:18pm On Dec 01, 2022
African magic is real

Many hunters have entered police net for killing animal that later turned to human being tongue
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by illicit(m): 7:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
These things happen
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by Zonefree(m): 7:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
The suspect claimed that when he pointed his gun and pulled the trigger, he saw an antelope rather than a person.

It's only in Yorubaland human beings dey resemble antelope.

5 Likes

Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by MufasaLion: 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2022
This is so unfortunate and the suspect should face the full wrath of the law. His excuse is unjustifiable. This is not 1805!

2 Likes

Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by Urheadmaster(m): 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2022
Zonefree:

It's only in Yorubaland human beings dey resemble antelope.

grin

I believe you because one of them is known as BAT tongue.

Is own killer will be the labour party representative.

2 Likes

Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by NaijaCover(m): 7:25pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by MufasaLion: 7:25pm On Dec 01, 2022
illicit:
These things happen

It's a lie. The man is either deluded or finding excuse for his murder.
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by Flora2Sweet: 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2022
My chest grin grin

Urheadmaster:

I believe you because one of them is known as BAT

Is own killer will be labour party representative.
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by Franzinni: 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
Matter deep...
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by BeardedMeat(m): 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
Village people.
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by agadez007(m): 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
So nobody is gonna talk about the name of the village

Onikerosine
For the same ondo state I done see Oniparaga

grin

1 Like

Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by Mystic216: 11:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
Lol
Why are Yorubas killing themselves naa
Why do they hate each other so much
This is so bad
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by FuckDModz: 12:12am On Dec 02, 2022
grin

What a perfect excuse to take out your enemy.

The bastard yóloba man should be locked up asap.

I mean, how do you kill a human and still call yourself a hunter?

Dangerous hunters should not be allowed to run unrestricted in the society.
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by Gadafii: 3:30am On Dec 02, 2022
I believe the hunter, I mean he would shot tilinbu too thinking it was a huge bat
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by Artworld1(m): 3:45am On Dec 02, 2022
MufasaLion:

It's a lie. The man is either deluded or finding excuse for his murder.
it happens bro back then in edo people use charm to transform to wild animals and destroy neighbors farm due to jealousy or whatever, especially rice farm during rice season. Most times you will plant 6 acres of rice and barely harvest 7 bags,while someone farming close to you will harvest over 200 bags from less than 2 acres of rice farm. Guy no go fhuck o..
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by phemmyfour: 5:39am On Dec 02, 2022

Antelope inside river...come out with another lie
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by MufasaLion: 5:50am On Dec 02, 2022
Artworld1:
it happens bro back then in edo people use charm to transform to wild animals and destroy neighbors farm due to jealousy or whatever, especially rice farm during rice season. Most times you will plant 6 acres of rice and barely harvest 7 bags,while someone farming close to you will harvest over 200 bags from less than 2 acres of rice farm. Guy no go fhuck o..

Stop being ignorant.
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by Artworld1(m): 5:57am On Dec 02, 2022
MufasaLion:

Stop being ignorant.
smh..I dey tell you wetin I witness u dey talk nonsense.. u think I am one 23 yrs old kid or something. U know how many hunters gun down wey later transform to human, people later see where them pull clothes hide,including the charm.
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by MufasaLion: 7:08am On Dec 02, 2022
Artworld1:
smh..I dey tell you wetin I witness u dey talk nonsense.. u think I am one 23 yrs old kid or something. U know how many hunters gun down wey later transform to human, people later see where them pull clothes hide,including the charm.

Even Nollywood won't buy your story.
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by Artworld1(m): 7:32am On Dec 02, 2022
[quote author=MufasaLion post=118837557]

Even Nollywood won't buy your story. [/quote0]na everything be black and white..
Now I remember u re d guy who said charms doesn't work.
Adios
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by Obyangel: 7:55am On Dec 02, 2022
Onikerosune, Onikparaga, and Onions, but we (hunters) know many antilopes are humans in animal skins. Rip to the dead.
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by tungamaje: 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2022
You saw an antelope in a river? Lies
Re: Palm Wine Tapper Shot Dead By Hunter In Ondo by tungamaje: 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2022
You saw an antelope in the river? Lies

(1) (Reply)

Man Films Police Chase Of Him And His Friends (video/pictures) / Nigerian Couple Tried To Claim £3.8m In ‘Eye Watering’ Benefits Scam. / A 500 Level Student Beheaded Girlfriend On New Year Day-video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.