Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine (15190 Views)

200 Ukranian Special Forces, Soldiers Killed By Russian Air Strikes (Graphic) / In The Moment Of Russia's Invasion, Ukraine Tweeted A War Meme / US Warns Ukraine There Will Be A Full Scale Russian Invasion ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by lhordspy: 10:33am On Dec 02, 2022
As many as 13,000 Ukrainian troops have been killed with even more higher figures of wounded soldiers since Russia's invasion in February , a senior adviser to President Volodymyr Zelensky has said.

* With thousands of Ukrainian civilians now facing a winter without heat, power or water after Moscow pounded the country’s power stations and energy infrastructure.

The comments from Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, appeared to be the first update on the number of fighters killed since late August when the head of the armed forces said nearly 9,000 troops had died.

We have official figures from the general staff, we have official figures from the top command, and they amount to (between) 10,000 and 12,500 to 13,000 killed,” Podolyak told Ukraine’s Channel 24 on Thursday.

“We are open in talking about the number of dead,” he added, saying more soldiers had been wounded than had died.

The number of military casualties has not been confirmed by Ukraine’s armed forces. Podolyak added that Zelenskyy would make the official data public “when the right moment comes”.

Ukraine’s military mounted a lightning counterattack in September that saw them win back swathes of territory in the northeast and south of the country, including the strategically-important city of Kherson which had been occupied by Russia shortly after its February 24 invasion.

With the weather turning colder, the most intense clashes are now taking place in the eastern region of Donetsk.

Earlier, United States President Joe Biden and his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron, who is in Washington, DC, promised to maintain support for Ukraine and condemned “Russia’s illegal war of aggression” against its neighbour.

Last month, the US’s top general estimated that Russia’s military had seen more than 100,000 of its soldiers killed or wounded in Ukraine, adding that Kyiv’s armed forces have “probably” suffered in a similar way.

Zelenskyy adviser Oleksiy Arestovych, speaking in a video interview on Wednesday, said the Russian death toll was about seven times that of Ukraine’s.

Both Russia and Ukraine are suspected of minimising their losses on order to avoid undermining the morale of their troops.

Thousands of Ukrainian civilians have also been killed or maimed in the war, and are now facing a winter without heat, power or water after Moscow pounded the country’s power stations and energy infrastructure.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/12/2/as-many-as-13000-ukrainian-soldiers-killed-in-war-official

22 Likes

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by lhordspy: 10:33am On Dec 02, 2022
Bloody liar.

Same zelensky that said 1000 ukranian soldiers were been killed everyday in August.

I remember at the start of November, the over-sabi Un!ted state Released a casualty figures saying Ukraine had lost 100,000 men (Even when we know the figure is higher than 100k) but in a bid to cover their embarrasement and waste of constant billions of dollars on ukraine, they had to rope-in Russia by saying the same figures applies to them too.

Now, comedian zelensky is telling us 13k. When almost 10k ukranian soldiers was reported to have died in Azovstal plant in Mariupol alone before they eventually surrendered.

Funny clowns. Keep surpressing the figures while your people keep getting slaughtered everyday.

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by nairalander2020(m): 10:46am On Dec 02, 2022
Na why i no fit join army for this war plague generation.

6 Likes

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by walosky(m): 10:52am On Dec 02, 2022
Pls someone should help and clarify me on this Ukraine Russia war.

Russia has been bombarding Ukrainian cities by air, mortars, drones and etc then my question is why has Ukraine not taking the war to Russian cities abi does the war forbids their aircrafts flying to the Russian airspace and bombard their cities as well?

��

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by Centurion101: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2022
Lies they've only lost 200 soldiers and Russia has lost 8million so far.
Useless clown entertaining his mumu circus as usual.
Meanwhile his EU boss has confirmed they've lost more than 100,000 soldiers to blood thirsty Russian bear.and Russia confirms they've killed around 130,000 soldiers so far, which sounds likely cos they've recorded 12,000 prisoners of war alone.

What is worse than sacrificing your life for your country is your president not acknowledging your loss.
In mauripol alone Ukraine lost over 30,000 soldiers and 7,000 surrended including 4,000 azov neo Nazis.
But according to this loser they don't count

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by Brendaniel: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2022
Na now people will really be missing Trump, especially Europeans, the world had some level of peace during Trump's era, even Russia and North Korea were ready to work with Trump for peace to reign.
Trump focused on real issues on the international scene, that was why ISIS went down, Trump might not be perfect in his personal life but I tell you he still remains the best U.S president in the last decade...

Biden and the democrats came and in less than 3 years look at what they've turned the world to

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by IrepChrist: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2022
My brothers and sisters believe it or not people are dying everyday.
As the sun rises and sets so we are edging closer to our last days on earth. Beloved your eternity is paramount dont play games with your destiny.

Jesus loves you.

10 Likes

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by sirnewton20: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2022
President Zelensky should be killed along the soldiers. I said it at the beginning of this war, that Zelensky can avoid this Putin war. He was allowed to be deceived by the West. Putin planned this war a long time ago and that was why he dared any country to join forces with Ukraine. Where are the promises made by Biden and other European countries. Ukraine is now turning to desolate land. If only Zelensky knew that he would be left alone in the fight, he would have wisely avoided the war in the first place.
Putin did what is the best for his country and that is what every wise leader should do. You can't keep an enemy ally under your arms. American won't take it too.

My friend's enemy is my enemy
My enemy's friend is my enemy
but my enemy's enemy is my friend

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by sofeo(m): 11:08am On Dec 02, 2022
Alright.

On the Russian part??
Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2022
Bleep all this world leaders ..

Bleep em
Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by Elidrisy20: 11:09am On Dec 02, 2022
They die defending their country against Putin,R.I.P comrades

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by ATEAMS: 11:09am On Dec 02, 2022
That's quite alot...

How about the non Ukrainian ?
Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by Godstiger(m): 11:10am On Dec 02, 2022
'Human plague' is the worst plague ever
Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by Emoc: 11:10am On Dec 02, 2022
Fake news!
Over 150k ukrainian troops have died. Their military has been obliterated.
Nato zombies are quickly replacing them.

Zele bobo destroyed his country for nothing.
cry

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by nwajesus12(m): 11:10am On Dec 02, 2022
walosky:

Russia has been bombarding Ukrainian cities by air, mortars, drones and etc then my question is why has Ukraine not taking the war to Russian cities abi does the war forbids their aircrafts flying to the Russian airspace and bombard their cities as well?

��
I am wondering too
Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by iykofias(m): 11:10am On Dec 02, 2022
100,000+ dead Ukrainian soldiers is the official UN, NATO and EU figures

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by Falseprofet2: 11:10am On Dec 02, 2022
cool
Slava Ukraini
Still standing still resolute

Putin arslickers.
Kiss my blak bum
Your tin god promised to end the war in 3-5 days and be received as a hero in Kyiv
Six months down the line- the comedian President has forced him to recruit prisoners and convicts even forcing African student to his war

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by oluwaseyi0: 11:10am On Dec 02, 2022
I'm surprise the media finally agree tens of thousands Ukraine soldier have died

The propaganda of only Russians dieing massively is not forever sustainable

8 Likes

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by Antoeni(m): 11:11am On Dec 02, 2022
This is Grade 1 Lies , It Shouldn't Have Made it to Front Page , This is Very Mis Leading

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by WibusJaga: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2022

These are 13,000 human beings with families & loved ones. embarassed
War no good abeg.

8 Likes

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by hopefulLandlord: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2022
President of European Commission, Ursula, said as at begining of November 100,000 Ukrainian soldiers have died. She said it on video. She later had that part of the video cut but internet never forgets

walosky:

��

Because it'd escalate the war and make Russia use tactical nukes which might be the end of this world as we know it as USA would likely retaliate with strikes of their own and nobody can win a nuclear war

Ukraine is fighting a defensive war and those gifting them weapon do so on the condition it only gets used in Ukraine

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by oluwaseyi0: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2022
walosky:

��

They don't have capacity to do so

The war is actually like eibar vs real Madrid

The best Ukraine can do is defend

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by Komolafe89: 11:12am On Dec 02, 2022
Stop the war
Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by tishbite41(m): 11:12am On Dec 02, 2022
walosky:

��
E be like sey nuclear annihilation dey hungry you

10 Likes

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by timesuploaded: 11:13am On Dec 02, 2022
Over 900k dead now. 500k Nato maggots mercenaries and 450k Ukrainian soldiers. This is the greatest slaughter ever. Russia just started capturing land and within 3 weeks Ukraine will be a tiny dot. The next phase of the war will be Russia occupying Berlin and New York

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by underpinna: 11:13am On Dec 02, 2022
War is bad.

1 Like

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by Falseprofet2: 11:14am On Dec 02, 2022
walosky:

��
They r defending their territory against a bigger aggressor. The issue is the aggressor promised to end d war in 4 days. Its 6 months
The aggressor is now facing shame and his initial mission has failed. He is now conscripting prisoners, young and old men into his war to save face.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by Kyase(m): 11:15am On Dec 02, 2022
walosky:

��

That will be the end of Ukraine
The moment they do that, then it's over, Russia will not hold back
Believe it or not, Russia is just toying with them now
Russia is yet to use 0.5% of their artillery in this play fight

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Up To 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed Since Russian Invasion - Ukraine by Andres28(m): 11:15am On Dec 02, 2022
Both sides are dying massively.
In the end there will be no winner cos I can't run away from my house so that another person can take it.
Ukraine has the toughest citizens in the world.
Men who are willing to defend their lands and give their children a better future.
Not like nairaland urchins selling their future for today's piece of cake.

Balabluuuuúuuu, bluuu bulabaaa

Vote obi datti...one love

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Japanese PM, Kishida Evacuated After Bomb Scare, Suspect Apprehended / Malaysian Navy Helicopters Collide In Mid-Air, Killing All 10 Crew Members / University Of Mississippi Students Protest Obama Re-election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.