Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,065 members, 7,852,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:46 PM

Are You Feeling Depressed? Read This! -mental Health Awareness (pic) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are You Feeling Depressed? Read This! -mental Health Awareness (pic) (188 Views)

What NIGERIANS Should Know About This Mental Disorder Called TRICHOTILLOMANIA! / Who Should. I Consult For This Mental Disorder, Paranoid Schizophrenia. / Having Dry Throat And Sharp Pains. Feeling Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Feeling Depressed? Read This! -mental Health Awareness (pic) by SimplyLovlyn(f): 12:10pm On Dec 02, 2022
Are you feeling depressed? Are you feeling sad, worthless, miserable, or having negative thoughts but don’t know why? Do you feel like you just want to stay in bed all day and just cry? Well, guess what, there is someone somewhere who is feeling exactly the same way.

This is not a good feeling and can weigh you down so much that you can’t even get yourself up in the morning and go about your day. I have had that feeling so many times and when it seems like I’m finally getting myself back up, I fall back again into my depressing mood. I understand how every day seems to feel like a struggle, a fight you are not even sure if you can win, but believe me, you can.

Your being depressed may have been triggered by a variety of reasons, perhaps grief over the loss or death of a loved one, stress, abuse, illness, or other personal problems, whatever the reason may be, one thing I’m sure of is that depression comes with a long-lasting and severe feelings of sadness and hopelessness, which can interfere with one’s life. And it is not something that anyone would pray for. But when it happens rather than let it take control over your life, you should take control of your own life.

One of the things I’ve learnt about being depressed is that the things that matter most to you would seem worthless during depression periods. It could be your life, for instance, I’m a person that is always grateful for the gift of life, but when depression set in, I began to question my existence.

If you have been feeling depressed, yet made it to this day without completely breaking down, congratulations! Here are 10 more reasons why you should continue staying strong:

1. The Depressed Version of You Isn’t The Real You
I am a person that’s usually happy, singing and dancing around my room for no reason. But whenever I’m having a mental breakdown, I feel like there is nothing in the world that is worth being happy about, this is just the complete opposite of me.

The same thing happens to everyone when depressed, you become a different person entirely. You shouldn’t feel bad and think your life has become meaningless, rather you should remind yourself that, that miserable and depressed version of you isn’t the real you.

2. You Are Not Worthless
One of the thoughts that may keep coming back and forth in your mind when depressed is the thought and feeling of worthlessness, but that doesn’t mean you are. Think about how your presence matters to the people around you, and how your being around brings joy to them. If you think nobody needs you or even loves you, well, know that just because your presence isn’t appreciated today, doesn’t mean you can’t be appreciated tomorrow.

You are important, you are loved and your presence on earth matters a lot. You should try to make a positive impact on someone’s life.

3. Life is More Than What You See
If you are judging the whole world just because of what you see around you, know you are making a mistake. There is more to life than what you see in the little corner where you exist.

When you are depressed, you may only notice all the horrible things happening around you, take a moment...

Read more:https://mymentalhealthandi.com/feeling-depressed-read-this/

(1) (Reply)

Stakeholders Mark World AIDS Day, Counsel, Run Tests, In Benin / Home Self-training To Last Longer In Bed - For Men / Home Self-training To Last Longer In Bed - For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.