Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. (2325 Views)

Social Media Will Vote In 2023 – Obi’s Running Mate, Datti Baba-Ahmed (Video) / 2023: Obi, Osinbajo Top List Of Nigeria’s Presidential Hopefuls – Polls / 2023: Amaechi Says He Is Not Contesting For Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by garfield1: 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2022
Victoronah1:
Okowa is igbo. Why would an Igbo vote Okowa for vice president, while they could vote and win the presidency itself grin

Anioma will vote okowa firzt
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by bdon123(m): 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2022
Penguin2:
I will try to be as concise and straight to the point as possible….

As the 2023 elections approach, every supporter of the frontline candidates believes his candidate will win but only a few are able to practically, logically and empirically demonstrate their candidate’s road to victory.

But because I, and most other Obi supporters, am not in that category, I bring you Obi’s realistic and unexaggerated path to victory.

First, of all the 4 frontline candidates, Obi is the only one not contesting his region of Southeast with anyone. And when you consider the fact that the voting pattern of the Southeast and Southsouth has always almost been the same since the 60s, plus the results of several polls already conducted by different bodies, and with facts on ground in the different streets of the Southsouth region, you will agree that Obi is not contesting Southeast and Southsouth with anyone.

In the Southwest, different results of several polls, and facts from the streets of Southwest indicate that Obi is closely behind Tinubu in contest of votes of the region. Even with 2 sitting PDP governors in the region, Atiku seems to be unsurprisingly out of contest for the region’s votes. And even if he ends up garnering votes from the region, the votes he would garner might be too insignificant to be consequential.

In the North Central, even the oppositions have accepted that Obi will win Benue, Plateau and Abuja. He’s also expected to come second in Nasarawa and Kogi. A summation of these will give him victory as the overall winner of the North Central.

In the Northwest, Obi would not be expecting much here except from Southern Kaduna, Southern Kebbi and some votes from the brothers and sisters of Datti Baba-Ahmed in Zaria grin (yes, we are not expecting much from Datti).

In the Northeast, Obi is not expecting much, just like Northwest, but might do better here than in Northwest. With good showing, or even outright victory, expected in Taraba, then votes from Adamawa Christians, Southern Gombe, Southern Borno and Southern Bauchi, Obi will not do badly in this region.

In conclusion, I want you to realize that Atiku is contesting his Northeast region with Tinubu and even Kwankwaso and Obi. Because Borno and Yobe seem to be gone with Shettima while Obi is likely to take the votes of most Christians in the region while Kwankwaso is not bereft of supporters in the region as well. If anything, Kwankwaso’s outing in Maiduguri was so threatening that Borno government had to seal NNPP office until public outcry made them reverse the decision.

Similarly, Kwankwaso is contesting Northwest with Atiku and Tinubu. It is unarguably a three horse race in this region with none of them sure of victory in the region yet.

In the same vein, Tinubu is contesting Southwest with Obi as results of several polls have shown and as people on ground in the Southwest can testify. If anything, the Muslim Muslim ticket of Tinubu seems to have turned off a lot of Southwest Christians who would have ordinarily voted for him.

But not so with Obi; almost all of the candidates agrees that campaigning in the Southeast is a waste of time and resources because the region is gone with Obi; closely followed by Southsouth.

So, there you have it. Everything I’ve said here is verifiable facts devoid of emotions and exaggerations. And when you have digested it, you would be seeing Peter Obi’s victory staring at you in the face.

Meanwhile, I’d appreciate if respondents stick to countering my position with superior facts and postulation rather than degenerating into throwing illogical tantrums and insults.

Danke!

Penguin is a bird of reason.

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Garfield1
Kyase
Tinubuadvocate
Ihordspy
Solvertongue
PandoraObi
NigeriaIsGreat
Okoroawusa
Tinsel
Moh247
Well said.Thats exactly d reason u see Reno on Obi n not Tinubu.Obi is d problem to victory.Obi will sweep kaduna becos atiku n tinubu will share d other....mind u southern kaduna is half or even more of kaduna.Tinubu will hav it hard in southwest as Obi is giving him tough time there .SE n SS fully Obidient.
D hand writing is on d wall.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Victoronah1: 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2022
garfield1:

Anioma will vote okowa firzt
while would anioma vote Okowa, while they have Peter obi at a better position grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by bdon123(m): 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2022
Kyase:

All these talks will be tested and confirmed by march 2023
Obi won't come second in SW either

First in SE and MAYBE second in SS
He won't smell second anywhere again
Cant wait for 2023

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Penguin2: 9:05pm On Dec 02, 2022
garfield1:

Datti and okupe are political nonentities in their states,they dont have any electoral value,no one knows them.okowa dominates delta politics,has a stranglehold on rigging.tpu saw how he defeated ibori.atiku is winning aks not because of udom but because the people prefer pdp.they are not very receptive of obi.can't you see the way people in rivers and Edo are dying for obi?

Can you make your analysis without reference to rigging?

And talking about Okowa winning Ibori in Delta, when did Okowa and Ibori fall out? Was it not during the PDP primaries of this year? Were Okowa and Ibori in different camps in 2019?

Try to always get your facts right na; not just saying whatever you think will buttress your pointless point.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Kyase(m): 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2022
bdon123:

Cant wait for 2023
Me too
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by julaion: 9:13pm On Dec 02, 2022
Kyase:

You're suffering from ODS: Obi Derangement Syndrome.

Symptoms include always
* talking about Peter Obi morning, afternoon and night
* Obsessing about Peter Obi even when engaging in coitus with a partner
* Seeing Peter Obi everywhere you go, even in the toilet
*Looking for any opportunity to talk and criticize Peter Obi, even in the church or in the bedroom
*Seeing everything Peter Obi does as bad, while at the same time seeing everything an unrepentant mafia boss with dementia, does as fantastic
*Speaking and understanding tongues that are not known to the holy spirit eg: Babblu babla bubu.

If you're showing two or more of the aforementioned symptoms listed above, you should immediately seek help at Yabaleft; failure to do so can lead to extreme paranoia or mental breakdown after February 25.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by garfield1: 9:13pm On Dec 02, 2022
Victoronah1:
while would anioma vote Okowa, while they have Peter obi at a better position grin grin

Okowa is from anioma,he will develop anioma first before any other place while obi will focus on anambra before the other parts of IBO land.okowa as gov did 50% projects in anioma
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Paulheyman: 9:21pm On Dec 02, 2022
Penguin2:

Can you make your analysis without reference to rigging?

And talking about Okowa winning Ibori in Delta, when did Okowa and Ibori fall out? Was it not during the PDP primaries of this year? Were Okowa and Ibori in different camps in 2019?

Try to always get your facts right na; not just saying whatever you think will buttress your pointless point.

If only you guys can allow them, make a joke of themselves and Lord emilokan. Two months to the end of their permutations.

The only reason obi stands a chance is because
1) Nigerians are fed up with APC and PDP
2) Atiku, kwankwaso and Tinubu are all contesting (this takes precedence): The so called kano, Kaduna and kastina votes are divided amongst three Muslim, one being less Muslim than the other. Moreover the north needs power
3) Mu-Mu ticket: Christians in both southwest and north are scared of dying. Remember the song "peter Obi will save us"
4) Obi's character: Dude stands out amongst the two thieves
5i) All supporters of APC are counting on rigging which is of the old order to win: Most people felt Jonathan was gonna rig and win, so they didn't vote and he lost
5ii) BVAS: APC senators are already crying on this

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Victoronah1: 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2022
garfield1:

Okowa is from anioma,he will develop anioma first before any other place while obi will focus on anambra before the other parts of IBO land.okowa as gov did 50% projects in anioma
you just don't get the point. That Okowa did projects in anioma is now irrelevant, because an Igbo too is now on the picture, who has a better chance on the seat rather than being a vice president. While would an Igbo from anioma vote Okowa while we already have Peter obi? Lol. Try and get the point first before arguing

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Mazisimonekpa(m): 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2022
Penguin2:

As the 2023 elections approach, every supporter of the frontline candidates believes his candidate will win but only a few are able to practically, logically and empirically demonstrate their candidate’s road to victory.

But because I, and most other Obi supporters, am not in that category, I bring you Obi’s realistic and unexaggerated path to victory.

First, of all the 4 frontline candidates, Obi is the only one not contesting his region of Southeast with anyone. And when you consider the fact that the voting pattern of the Southeast and Southsouth has always almost been the same since the 60s, plus the results of several polls already conducted by different bodies, and with facts on ground in the different streets of the Southsouth region, you will agree that Obi is not contesting Southeast and Southsouth with anyone.

In the Southwest, different results of several polls, and facts from the streets of Southwest indicate that Obi is closely behind Tinubu in contest of votes of the region. Even with 2 sitting PDP governors in the region, Atiku seems to be unsurprisingly out of contest for the region’s votes. And even if he ends up garnering votes from the region, the votes he would garner might be too insignificant to be consequential.

In the North Central, even the oppositions have accepted that Obi will win Benue, Plateau and Abuja. He’s also expected to come second in Nasarawa and Kogi. A summation of these will give him victory as the overall winner of the North Central.

In the Northwest, Obi would not be expecting much here except from Southern Kaduna, Southern Kebbi and some votes from the brothers and sisters of Datti Baba-Ahmed in Zaria grin (yes, we are not expecting much from Datti).

In the Northeast, Obi is not expecting much, just like Northwest, but might do better here than in Northwest. With good showing, or even outright victory, expected in Taraba, then votes from Adamawa Christians, Southern Gombe, Southern Borno and Southern Bauchi, Obi will not do badly in this region.

In conclusion, I want you to realize that Atiku is contesting his Northeast region with Tinubu and even Kwankwaso and Obi. Because Borno and Yobe seem to be gone with Shettima while Obi is likely to take the votes of most Christians in the region while Kwankwaso is not bereft of supporters in the region as well. If anything, Kwankwaso’s outing in Maiduguri was so threatening that Borno government had to seal NNPP office until public outcry made them reverse the decision.

Similarly, Kwankwaso is contesting Northwest with Atiku and Tinubu. It is unarguably a three horse race in this region with none of them sure of victory in the region yet.

In the same vein, Tinubu is contesting Southwest with Obi as results of several polls have shown and as people on ground in the Southwest can testify. If anything, the Muslim Muslim ticket of Tinubu seems to have turned off a lot of Southwest Christians who would have ordinarily voted for him.

But not so with Obi; almost all of the candidates agrees that campaigning in the Southeast is a waste of time and resources because the region is gone with Obi; closely followed by Southsouth.

So, there you have it. Everything I’ve said here is verifiable facts devoid of emotions and exaggerations. And when you have digested it, you would be seeing Peter Obi’s victory staring at you in the face.

Meanwhile, I’d appreciate if respondents stick to countering my position with superior facts and postulation rather than degenerating into throwing illogical tantrums and insults.

Danke!

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Garfield1
Kyase
Tinubuadvocate
Ihordspy
Solvertongue
PandoraObi
NigeriaIsGreat
Okoroawusa
Tinsel
Moh247
do you know that election will not hold in any Biafraland?

Mazi Simon Ekpa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Superwave16320: 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2022
Peter Obi will not win the South South nor come second.

Peter Obi will not win the South West nor come second.

Peter Obi will also not win a single state in the NC or come second in any of the NC states.

I am willing to be a million naira over it.

Penguin2:

Danke!

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Garfield1
Kyase
Tinubuadvocate
Ihordspy
Solvertongue
PandoraObi
NigeriaIsGreat
Okoroawusa
Tinsel
Moh247
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Ikpaitid: 10:19pm On Dec 02, 2022
This post was written by another delusional IPOB goat.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by 00FFT00(m): 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2022
Kyase:

Second to who in SS, Tinubu?.
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by ybn1306: 10:33pm On Dec 02, 2022
Penguin2:

I agree with you that Atiku is now restricted to NE & NW.

But about Obi winning North Central, I disagree.

Who do you think will come second in Nasarawa? Who do you think will come second in Kogi? With both states having above 40% population of Christians, don’t be surprised to see Obi pull an upset in both states after Atiku and Tinubu have divided Muslim votes.

The only two states Obi might not perform well in the North Central are Kwara and Niger.

Kwara because it is predominantly Yoruba and they are likely to vote majorly for Tinubu. Now, with Saraki dynasty still very much alive, I concede that Saraki will help Atiku come second in Kwara while Obi comes third.

Then in Niger because they are Muslims and I really don’t know who is stronger in the state between Atiku and Tinubu.

Sum these percentages together and you’d realize that Obi is winning North Central.

Again, this is devoid of emotions but empirical postulations.

Unfortunately religion alone cannot decide who wins NC. Several Christians in the Christian north will vote Atiku. Apart from Benue and Plateau, the muslim population in other NC states even with that of Christians

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Penguin2: 10:38pm On Dec 02, 2022
ybn1306:

Unfortunately religion alone cannot decide who wins NC. Several Christians in the Christian north will vote Atiku. Apart from Benue and Plateau, the muslim population in other NC states even with that of Christians

Are you sure about that?

Because reality on ground point to the contrary.
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Penguin2: 10:42pm On Dec 02, 2022
OnyeAshuaUru:

Tinubu BATstards wish Atiku wins some states in the SouthSouth. Note that this is just their mere wish and has nothing to do with situation on the ground.
This also has nothing to do with love for Atiku.
It's actually just the only way they can propagate their delusion that Peter Obi's road to Aso Villa is not as bright as pollsters say it is.

Lol! You are right.

It is the reason that they believe that Southeast that has always voted PDP can switch away from PDP but will argue blindly that Southsouth can’t do the same.

Very funny set of people.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Penguin2: 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2022
00FFT00:

Second to who in SS, Tinubu?.

Ask am o!

Because I don laugh tire grin
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Penguin2: 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2022
Paulheyman:

If only you guys can allow them, make a joke of themselves and Lord emilokan. Two months to the end of their permutations.

2) Atiku, kwankwaso and Tinubu are all contesting (this takes precedence): The so called kano, Kaduna and kastina votes are divided amongst three Muslim, one being less Muslim than the other. Moreover the north needs power
3) Mu-Mu ticket: Christians in both southwest and north are scared of dying. Remember the song "peter Obi will save us"
5i) All supporters of APC are counting on rigging which is of the old order to win: Most people felt Jonathan was gonna rig and win, so they didn't vote and he lost

You are very right.

Just that it’s good to do them some psychological blow from time and again to help them have a grasp of the reality on ground and refrain from grandstanding.
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Aiel123: 6:21am On Dec 03, 2022
Kyase:

No way PO will surpass APC in SS.
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Kyase(m): 9:17am On Dec 03, 2022
Aiel123:

No way PO will surpass APC in SS.
He may
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by obaaderemi: 9:32am On Dec 03, 2022
Have you forgotten Obasanjo defeated Ojukwu in the East?
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Aiel123: 10:32am On Dec 03, 2022
Kyase:

He may
APC is strong in SS zone.
Ayade is a sitting governor.
David Lyon of Bayelsea,DSP of Delta, Oshiomole of Edo, Amaechi of Rivers, Akpabio of AKS... among others have proven electoral value.
SS may not like Tinubu but these men's are mobilizers and being on the ballot themselves is a plus for Tinubu.
Atiku won Ijebu North and Ogun Waterside because of Hon Adekoya( known as 'Attacker' in his federal constituency)
Akpabio delivered his Lga,same as Omo Agege, Oshiomole delivered Edo north,Lyon Southern ijaw....all this count.
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by slivertongue: 10:36am On Dec 03, 2022
mycar:
Good analysis but Obi is winning not because of anything but he is the most vibrant of all.

Point blank

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by slivertongue: 10:41am On Dec 03, 2022
kingmaster2009:
All these newspaper stands analysis makes me marvel ....because I dont know what Obi rely on except for religion and tribal politcs....and when he started playing his tribal politics a a an average Nyamiri do in the southeast ....then some other politicians also follow suite....

Truth is bittered, die is cast ...Obi has a slim chance of winning this election among other 2 popular contestants.

I can assure that he cannot win any of the northern state....

In the North, it's Atiku, Obi Kwankwaso
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by uba1991: 10:43am On Dec 03, 2022
Penguin2:

Danke!

Garfield1
Kyase
Tinubuadvocate
Ihordspy
Solvertongue
PandoraObi
NigeriaIsGreat
Okoroawusa
Tinsel
Moh247
south south is always PDP.
Your eyes go open after February.
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by ezegold4we: 11:18am On Dec 03, 2022
If you can hire or employ the Best doctor, nurse,cook, designer, architecture, mechanic, teacher, Manager, electrician, plumber, imam, pastor, banker,engineer and lawyer, to handle your personal, corporate, legal, medical, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, spiritual, financial, bussiness, and family affairs on a daily basis and you want to employ sick and corrupt tinubu or atiku to manage The affair's of Nigeria and her economy instead of Peter Obi who is 100 times better than those two political bandit's becos of your tribal bigotry or religious sentiment, it means you lack emotional, intellectual, managerial,political,economical, environmental,social,and futuristic intelligence, infact,ur stupidity and foolishness is legendary, all you need is mental deliverance from your wise-fool syndrome.
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by pinkgoodies(m): 11:57am On Dec 03, 2022
Paulheyman:

Lol. SW Christians told you these. Den u are just delusional. I have stayed in Idanre and ogbomosho.. you hardly know who is even both religion. They have different mentalities from wat u think. Almost every family have equal number of religions. My landlord's aon can recite Koran and Bible offhead. SW will always go with dia soon irrespective of religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by Victoronah1: 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2022
obaaderemi:
Have you forgotten Obasanjo defeated Ojukwu in the East?
who would want to vote a man who took them to war, murdered their family members and yet still want to become president because of his selfish interest. No Igbo will ever vote a man. So him loosing in the east is normal, he will still loose if he contests again set in 2023
Re: 2023: Obi Is The Only One Not Contesting 2 Regions With Anyone. by samunaka: 9:13pm On Dec 03, 2022
aspher:

He'll win SS and NC inclusive. I'll gladly wager on that. He'll come second in SW. Everything the OP said is probable, especially the religion factor. No one knows if Kwankwaso would drop out from the race, else BAT would have performed reasonably well in NW.

In the whole of the 19 northern states if Peter Obi wins 10% in any of the states including Benue and Plateau we will declare him the overall winner of the 2023 presidential election

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Delta And Edo Will Vote In Presidential And Guber Polls / Dailytrust In The Mud As They Tweet Old Picture Of Tinubu As A Recent One / Bill Gates, Dangote Visit President Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.