Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims (21454 Views)

Ekiti Police Arrest Kidnappers Responsible For Emure School Girls Abduction / Ekiti Police Arrest Mother & Son For Kidnapping A 15-Year-Old Girl / Foreigners Heading To Benue To Cause Havoc Killed In A Shootout With Soldiers(pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by AngelGabbyShara(m): 11:09pm On Dec 03, 2022
An activist is demanding for justice after police invaded the residence of a young man simply identified as Joshua in Ikere Ekiti and wrecked the occupants.
In his post on Facebook, he narrated how Joshua called him and told him his house was stormed by suspected police man but he escaped into the bush due to fear of maybe they are kidnappers since they came at wee hour of the day.

During his escape, he survived injuries and his apartment was broken by the men of Ikere Police station.

When the break, he was advised to report to the police station before 24 hours, on getting to the station, the police said it was wrong information that led to invading of his apartment.

Read The Full Details Below:

#justice4JOSHUA
[I]I woke around 6am to do my morning prayers but before I could, I reached out for my phone, to see my friend’s and brother’s missed called, i realised he called around 12am, very unusual of him, I suspected it’s a distress call, I immediately called him Back, after the third time, Adojutelegan Kunle Joshua picked his phone, panicking, “Egbon I am in trouble, Kidnappers Abi Na Police invaded our room last night, I broke my leg while trying to escape, my roommis buggled, not certain of what was taken from my room yet but seem they took my laptop and phone, I will get back to u when I am sure of what they took” Joshua was really trembled muttering these words…where re you, I asked him, I am in a bush at the moment, that’s where me and my neighbour slept, he replied.

You don dey do Yahoo, I asked him? No egbon was his reply, Yahoo boys dey stay Ur hood? I can’t be sure Egbon but my neighbour is working in my office, so I know he is not into cyber crime too, did u rape or steal anybody’s property, I asked him? Egbon don’t u trust me?, he replied, I said police only act on intelligence that’s why I ve to be sure before venturing into a case I want to, knowing Josh to be committed and hardworking young man, the next I could say is shai I no get fuel was what I said next, ok I will get across to you shortly. No thanks to MTN as network was really sucking.

I was able to reach some top persons in Nigerian Police Forum and pleaded they look into it and let us know what happened. I was reaching out to some of my top military guys and as well lawyers… I seek their advise, and they said Joshua should go home, I advise Joshua to go homewhen it’s dawn.

Joshua got home with broken leg and his house had been vandalised, only his all phone was taken , his laptop was on his bed, just only his small.

He called me back, Egbon they said Its police men that invaded our house and we were told to get to their head office along Ikere road within 24hours.

I called friends and they said I shud go with him, but still I no get fuel, so I asked him to go after trying to go by public transport but there is scarcity of vehicle on the road… stayed like 30mins no vehicle. I really appreciated those who also encouraged him to go.

Finally by 12:14 pm Joshua summon courage to go to Ikere head office police along BOUESTI road, and what the DPO could tell him was that they re sorry, they got the wrong information, that they could go home in peace, I was like what?

Who pays for the Broken leg(s), vandalised door(s), who pay for the traumatic experience all over the night?

Joshua is a Gentleman to the core, which I know but people change, reason why I was careful before venturing into the case. So if Policemen are now saying it’s a mistake, I mean such a huge mistake, No that’s unfair to humanity , that’s unfair to the young man, that unfair to hardwork and diligence of this young man.

Sincerely I feel Justice should be done beyond I AM SORRY.[/i]
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02PZHcBQzqDTcKqNXBSKC2WEze39SfU8pzjnDNhXyh17nxdHHDJHHVLKbsAieqMYaUl&id=100000223680706&mibextid=Nif5oz

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by doggedfighter(f): 11:13pm On Dec 03, 2022
Nigeria will test your limit as a human being.

Mistakenly and yet no remorse, no empathy no compensation .

Just a dismissive excuse.

And nobody will be held accountable .

Joshua is among the lucky few alive to tell their story.

Had it been he died he would have been dubbed an armed robber displayed with a rusty gun.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by DaHrNn0001: 11:15pm On Dec 03, 2022
Unskilled nonentities

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by ncpat(m): 11:17pm On Dec 03, 2022
#justice
Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by Azazi(m): 6:21am On Dec 04, 2022
Nigeria just happened to Joshua.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by DemoTechNG(m): 10:34am On Dec 04, 2022
DaHrNn0001:
Unskilled nonentities

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by VeryWickedGoat: 10:35am On Dec 04, 2022
Police or Amotekun?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 04, 2022
Should I sell my dollars now?

Or will dollar still rise before December 31st?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by Realists(m): 10:35am On Dec 04, 2022
Azazi:

It's Nigerians happened to him not Nigeria, for a average Nigerian is corrupt, particularly the money worshipping tribe, pray to God not to allow money issue join you with them.
God bless Nigeria
God bless Africa

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by Cantonese: 10:36am On Dec 04, 2022
Hmmmmm
Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by JosephXavier: 10:36am On Dec 04, 2022
The time herdsmen were ravaging the southwest and killing Yorubas, the police never mistakenly invaded the forests nor did they cause havoc to the criminals

It was Amotekun that protected the Yorubas

That is why we need to restructure police so that each region will be policed by their people and if the police decide to wreck havoc on the citizens, they will be dealing with their brothers and sisters

10 Likes

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by GRACEGLORY: 10:36am On Dec 04, 2022
“These ones that have failed in the job of being cops, whose responsibility is to invest God's fear in human but rather, had ended up investing the fear of human's in God”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by money121(m): 10:36am On Dec 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by Funsh0: 10:36am On Dec 04, 2022
This one wey don steal some things no be police, na thief
Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by tiswell(m): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2022
afonja police,causing havoc to urchins

Peter Obi 2023!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by happney65: 10:37am On Dec 04, 2022
Azazi:

It happens every where. Even in the US. Lots and lots of cases abroad with Police invading wrong residences to make arrest even at times leading to unfortunate deaths. We know we get problem,but no be everything be say na Nigeria worst pass.

Ki e gbe enu buruku yin soun

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:37am On Dec 04, 2022
Nigeria Policemen need TOTAL RE-ORIENTATION.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2022
Nigeria police with backwardness are 5/6
Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by backnbeta(f): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2022
This is why they should always go with warrant of arrest or search and seizure authorization! If they had shown that young man any documents bearing another name, he would have shown them his ID cards proving he's not the one they want. But this is Nigeria...they should make the NP pay for his treatment or Mr Joshua should let go and let God; like most Nigerians do undecided

tiswell:

Peter Obi 2023!
If you check the badge of the mofos that wrecked that havoc, you may be seeing Nwabufor, Anosike, Mahmoud...yet you are here saying afonja police! This is why we need regional or state police so that we'll be able to pass the blame to the appropriate quarter!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by Eriggs: 10:37am On Dec 04, 2022
tiswell:
Peter Obi 2023!
tribal bigot. Your obi. d obituary goes nowhere .
Know this no peace

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by NotKnown: 10:38am On Dec 04, 2022
Mistakenly sue them too.

They mistakenly pay compensation.

Case closed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by darichlife: 10:39am On Dec 04, 2022
The Nigeria police is filled with illiterates and dumb heads.
Imagine if he died in the process of running. I pity Nigerians
Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by felixzo1(m): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2022
If the guy did not know anybody important he would have been in big trouble.the DPO probably got a call from above after the incident and realised the guy had connections then it became a mistake. I thought financial crimes are handle by effcc and a special unit of police not regular police men

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by Sisqoman(m): 10:40am On Dec 04, 2022
I don't see any broken leg in the picture, all I see is just a scratch

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by Burgerlomo: 10:41am On Dec 04, 2022
That's f*cking too bad
Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by Ejiakusmith(m): 10:41am On Dec 04, 2022
fffffff
Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by MasterJayJay: 10:42am On Dec 04, 2022
A day will come when these foolish officers will be killed by their foolishness.. EFCC, DSS, Police, etc entering people's house like kidnappers.

Una go jam a civilian with a legal gun and he shoots you for behaving like a kidnapper.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by rayvelez(m): 10:42am On Dec 04, 2022
Ogun kee all useless police officers in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by southsouthking(m): 10:43am On Dec 04, 2022
Stop addressing them as Nigeria police, that's what is boosting their morale, Let's start addressing them as Nigeria Olokpa.

Bunch of people with unprofessionalism.

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by DropsMic(m): 10:44am On Dec 04, 2022
Nothing to see here
Re: Ekiti Police “Mistakenly” Invade Apartment, Cause Havoc To Victims by Aukeibado(m): 10:45am On Dec 04, 2022
Just like that?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Steals Phones In Hospital Ward In Lagos, Gets Caught (Photos) / Fake Soldier Steals Motorcycles, Arrested By Police In Lagos (Photo) / Pastor Fakes Own Kidnap Twice, Collects ₦‎600,000 Ransom From Members In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.