Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta (14595 Views)

Odims, Charly Boy Meet Obasanjo, Decry Poor State Of The Nation / Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta / Wike, Makinde, Ortom Meet Obasanjo Behind Closed-Doors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by 1Dray(m): 7:32am On Dec 04, 2022
Privatepart00:
shocked

They came to beg on behalf of Atiku

No be lie.

1 Like

Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by backtovillage: 7:32am On Dec 04, 2022
Atiku would have earned himself a good reputation if he had stepped down for someone from the South (not just wike)
But nooo his desperation comes first.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by KanuSE: 7:38am On Dec 04, 2022
Bergavis:

Atiku doesn't need Obasanjo support. Obasanjo that cannot win his p.unit?

What does obj need his polling unit votes for?

1 Like

Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Aiel123: 7:39am On Dec 04, 2022
Creamypie:
Selfish politicians only interested in their political carriers.okowa, the governor of delta, no waste your time. U Will never smell presidency. E wan make his daughter house of assembly member
His daughter, Marilyn is just a step away from the house of assembly seat...
APC's Sebastian Okoh is left with only Umunede to rival the six wards of OWA kingdom.
For VP e no clear

1 Like

Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by coputa(m): 7:40am On Dec 04, 2022
Obasanjo is no longer relevant in Nigeria politics,he has been used and dumped by his Hausa/Fulani lords, even his kinsmen do no believe in him anymore, hence he lost his ward in the last election.
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by coputa(m): 7:42am On Dec 04, 2022
KanuSE:

What does obj need his polling unit votes for?
It shows his credibility, acceptability and popularity.
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Toosure70: 7:42am On Dec 04, 2022
#SOUTHNEXT#
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 04, 2022
Atiku has no shame at all! How could someone write this about you and you're are still shamelessly hobnobbing with him? Obasanjo that's as vindictive as they come!:

Obasanjo on Atiku

(He has promised never to change a word of it, come rain or shine, about his Vice):

“Without seeking my view or approval, he started planning the installation of Chuba Okadigbo as the senate president. I did a background check on Chuba including his past as a student and made enquiries about him in the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) under (President Shehu) Shagari and no one would recommend him for the post of senate president.

“I left Atiku to go on his chase while I carried out a meticulous and detailed investigation and background check on each senator from the South-east. The one that appeared most appointable was Evan Enwerem. I canvassed the senate across the board for his election and he was elected. Atiku did not expect it and he felt sore. He began to strategise for Enwerem to be removed and Chuba Okadigbo to be installed. His strategy worked because I was at the Abuja airport to receive a visiting head of state when the news reached me that the Senate had impeached Enwerem and elected Okadigbo. I was not perturbed. I came to understand from some senators including Florence Ita-Giwa, who later became my Special Adviser/ Liaison Officer to the National Assembly, that Atiku distributed US$5,000 each to some senators to carry out the ‘coup’.

“That was the beginning of bribing the legislature to carry out a particular line of action to suit or satisfy the purpose or desire of an individual or a group. The National Assembly had tasted blood and they would continue to want more.

From the day I nominated Atiku to be my vice, he set his mind not for any good, benefit or service of the country, but on furiously planning to upstage, supplant or remove me at all cost and to take my place”.

“That was what I brought him for, but he was impatient and over-ambitious. He was not ready to learn or to wait. His marabout, who predicted that despite being elected as governor, he would not be sworn in as a governor, which happened, also assured him that he would take over from me in a matter of months rather than years. All his plans, appointments of people and his actions were towards the actualisation of his marabout’s prediction.

"Once I realised his intention and programme, I watched him like a hawk without giving any indication of what I knew and letting down my guard. I could not succumb to the distraction, diversion and malevolence of an ambitious but unwise deputy”.

Louis Odion on Atiku

in ‘Atiku: The Peril of inordinate ambition’, (The Nation, 16 October, ’22):

“Atiku is a conflicted bigot, consumed by inordinate ambition. He remains a bare-foot slave to an empire the Nigeria of the twenty-first century has outgrown. In 2011, he battled Jonathan for PDP ticket, on the argument that the ‘North has not used up its two term slots’, following Yar’Adua’s death in office on May 5, 2010. (In the meantime, forget that he stubbornly refused entreaties not to go to court when the same Umar Yar’Adua was declared winner in 2007 in the spirit of ‘northern solidarity’ and fought like a wounded lion up to Supreme Court.)

“But he got a shellacking at the PDP primaries in 2011. In 2014, he, still driven by that inordinate ambition, again led the rebellion of nPDP to evacuate PDP in protest of Jonathan’s bid for 2nd (3rd?) term; that it was ‘the turn of power to shift to the North’ for the ‘sake of justice and equity’. In 2018, realizing he stood no chance against President Buhari’s winning 2nd term in 2019, he migrated back to PDP. Of course, he suffered another shellacking in 2019. With the power of dollars, and a thoughtless invocation of the ethnic card at PDP’s May primaries, he overpowered Southern contenders (like Wike) to the presidential ticket”.

"This presidential ‘candidate of habit’ will soon find again that the Nigeria of his depraved, bigoted dream no longer exists”.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Sufyaan003(m): 7:44am On Dec 04, 2022
Atiku/okowa 2023 insha Allah
God bless atiku/okowa
God bless PDP
God bless Nigerian at large
#Atikuorganizingforaction
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Toosure70: 7:44am On Dec 04, 2022
coputa:
Obasanjo is no longer relevant in Nigeria politics,he has been used and dumped by his Hausa/Fulani lords, even his kinsmen do no believe in him anymore, hence he lost his ward in the last election.
but once Abi? Better than those never relivant from that yout side before.
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by coputa(m): 7:48am On Dec 04, 2022
Aiel123:

His daughter, Marilyn is just a step away from the house of assembly seat...
APC's Sebastian Okoh is left with only Umunede to rival the six wards of OWA kingdom.
For VP e no clear
All the former governors of Delta state always want to install their child(ren) into political positions.Iboris daughter after three tenures in the state house of assembly, she's now gunning for the house of representatives, ditto,uduaghans and Okowa.
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by KanuSE: 7:50am On Dec 04, 2022
coputa:
It shows his credibility, acceptability and popularity.

Lol cheesy very funny!

I think you're commenting from outside of Nigeria. grin

1 Like

Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by KanuSE: 7:53am On Dec 04, 2022
coputa:

If you're not omo Oodúa your opinion doesn't count. smiley
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by KanuSE: 7:56am On Dec 04, 2022
Sufyaan003:
Atiku/okowa 2023 insha Allah
God bless atiku/okowa
God bless PDP
God bless Nigerian at large
#Atikuorganizingforaction

Suffer no dey tire una, Inú ìyà le ma kúsí... gbogbo yín.
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by qboifrnd: 7:57am On Dec 04, 2022
Bergavis:

I wonder how you guys reason. he doesn't need hit support yet on a daily he's sending high class delegate to go and beg him. most of you don't understand this political game.

1 Like

Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by eminikansoso(m): 7:58am On Dec 04, 2022
Bergavis:

Why visiting him?
Olori pelebe

1 Like

Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by muykem: 8:00am On Dec 04, 2022
Obasanjo wants power to rotate to the south. He supported Buhari in 2015 for sake of fairness and justice to the north.

1 Like

Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Mccullum: 8:02am On Dec 04, 2022
That's their own headache, I'm voting for Tinubu and I'll canvass people to vote for him in my neighborhood voluntarily.

Jagaban 2023 is a goal written in heaven and will be signed by voters on earth for a brighter and rewarding future of Nigeria.
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Manofnaija: 8:04am On Dec 04, 2022
Since they informed us when they are going, they should be kind enough to tell us out of the meeting.

1 Like

Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by seguno2: 8:09am On Dec 04, 2022
Bodmum:
Ebora owu, politics is a game of the elites.

Do you mean Oloriburuku Owu, who could not identify and prosecute the 2001 murderers of his AGF Bola Ige for six years until he left office in 2007, after Atiku frustrated his 3rd term agenda?
Instead the supposed born against president made the principal suspect a senator from prison.

chino11:
You were the governor of Oyo State at the time Chief Ajibola Ige was murdered. What was your experience then?
It was a bitter experience. That very day was a Sunday. It was the day we had our Christmas carol at the Government House. It was a norman Sunday; everything was going on fine. The carol came and went from 4:15 to 6:00pm that day. And then everybody dispersed. As if I got a signal of what was coming, my speech that day was centred on security in Oyo State. I called on the Commissioner of Police and the Inspector General of Police to strengthen security in Oyo State because an old school mate, Engineer Adegeebo, had been assassinated near his house in Bodija a week earlier.

Every cleric went home and I retired to Government House. I played for some time. Then I went to my room to treat some files. I was doing that when suddenly the phone rang. It was land line we were using then. The operator said that somebody wanted to speak with me. Then I picked the call and it was a brother to my deputy. He said he was asked to tell me that Chief Bola Ige had been shot by some unknown assassins. I was confused immediately. I didn’t know what to do. But later I regained my strength and quickly went down without telling my wife what was happening. It was 9:55 pm. I sent for my PS because all the ADC and other security staff had gone to their places of abode. I told him to drive me in one of the private cars. Inside the car, I told him that Uncle Bola Ige had been shot by some gunmen, that I was going to check him at Catholic Hospital, Oluyoro. The man who informed said Ige was taken to Oluyoro.

The place I have been treading for over 60 years, I remember that I lost my way. I was just going round and round until I gained my consciousness again. Immediately the gateman saw me, he quickly opened the gate. There, we saw Uncle Dele Ige, who was already rolling on the ground. I went straight to the room where Bola Ige was lying. I saw marks of bullets on his body. He slept with his face up. He was somehow breathing but the breathing was abnormal. I saw where the bullet penetrated on the left side. I saw it myself. Uncle Bola Ige was wearing shirt and trousers. And I saw Muyiwa standing by the side of the bed. He was wailing. He appealed to me, saying: ”Uncle, please tell the doctor to wake up my Daddy. Tell him. The doctor can do it.” Then, I approached the doctor and asked him the situation. The doctor called me to one side and told me that he was dead. He said: “Sir, Your Excellency, Uncle is gone. There is nothing we can do. They shot him straight in the heart. He asked me not to tell Muyiwa.

I almost betrayed my emotion when I got back into the room where Uncle was lying with Muyiwa beside his bed. I just quickly gathered myself and told Muyiwa that I was going to see the head of the hospital. That was how I bolted away. I came back to the Government House to inform Mr. President, who was Obasanjo at that time.

By the time I was going upstairs to my room, to try and tell Operator to phone Mr. President for me, the phone was already ringing. When I got into my room, it was still ringing. I quickly picked it up and it was Obasanjo.
He the Operator said the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria wants to talk to you. Then I asked him to put him on.
The question Obasanjo just asked was: “Is he certified dead?” I said: “Yes sir.” Then he dropped the phone. That was all. That was my experience. I can never forget that experience.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/30983-obasanjo%2C-pdp-knew-about-ige%26%23039%3Bs-death%E2%80%94lam-adesina.html
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by onomeabuja: 8:09am On Dec 04, 2022
sharpshap:
Hahaha!

They went to consult the Oracle.

Him don't choose who him go support already.
because u think say na Lp party field youth abi?
Is okowa not a youth??
Look PDP is the only party to bring back Nigeria lost glory n not d Lp u support.
Obasanjo is not a baby...
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Enemyofpeace: 8:10am On Dec 04, 2022
And some people say OBJ no dey relevant for Nigerian politics

1 Like

Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 04, 2022
Privatepart00:
shocked

They came to beg on behalf of Atiku

Obasanjo as old man is supposed to have retired. The entire Osugbos in Yoruba land and the highest hierarchy of all the Ogboni Councils supposed to have meeting on him.

The second time Tinubu traveled to Europe. Wike and his governors traveled two days later to have meeting with Tinubu. Uninvited and without any prior arrangement, Obasanjo, Peter Obi and At ik u hurriedly traveled to Europe to having meeting with Wike and his governors.

It is very disappointing that Obasanjo in his 80s that is supposed to be in his house for people to be consulting him is now running after Wike and the Governors to Europe . IBB, Abdulsalam Abubakar and Buhari out of office will never do that. Obasanjo run after Wike to Europe to scuttle Wike and the G5 meeting with the main man. Obasanjo was followed by other aspirants. That was the end of such meeting between Tinubu and Wike group.

The Osugbos should tell him to go and rest.
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Parachoko: 8:37am On Dec 04, 2022
coputa:
You kids talk rubbish a lot
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by tishbite41(m): 8:49am On Dec 04, 2022
Parachoko:
The truth is bitter
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by tishbite41(m): 8:50am On Dec 04, 2022
seguno2:

Do you mean Oloriburuku Owu, who could not identify and prosecute the 2001 murderers of his AGF Bola Ige for six years until he left office in 2007, after Atiku frustrated his 3rd term agenda?
Instead the supposed born against president made the principal suspect a senator from prison.

OBJ knew what happened to Ige

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Aiel123: 9:00am On Dec 04, 2022
coputa:
All the former governors of Delta state always want to install their child(ren) into political positions.Iboris daughter after three tenures in the state house of assembly, she's now gunning for the house of representatives, ditto,uduaghans and Okowa.
Udaughan lost the battle to give his daughter the house of assembly seat for Warri north state constituency to the incumbent honourable member...
Also all of them are women which the past three governors have in common.
It's safe to say victory awaits them
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by coputa(m): 9:06am On Dec 04, 2022
Parachoko:
If you are matured,then prove me wrong, with your facts and figures.
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by coputa(m): 9:13am On Dec 04, 2022
babaolofin:

Obasanjo as old man is supposed to have retired. The entire Osugbos in Yoruba land and the highest hierarchy of all the Ogboni Councils supposed to have meeting on him.

The second time Tinubu traveled to Europe. Wike and his governors traveled two days later to have meeting with Tinubu. Uninvited and without any prior arrangement, Obasanjo, Peter Obi and At ik u hurriedly traveled to Europe to having meeting with Wike and his governors.

It is very disappointing that Obasanjo in his 80s that is supposed to be in his house for people to be consulting him is now running after Wike and the Governors to Europe . IBB, Abdulsalam Abubakar and Buhari out of office will never do that. Obasanjo run after Wike to Europe to scuttle Wike and the G5 meeting with the main man. Obasanjo was followed by other aspirants. That was the end of such meeting between Tinubu and Wike group.

The Osugbos should tell him to go and rest.
That's the difference between the Hausa/Fulani and the Yorubas,the latter retire gracefully while directing the youths while the former dine and wine with the youth's he's supposed to show the right paths
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Gabanna: 9:32am On Dec 04, 2022
All bunch of thieves
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by ezechi242: 9:32am On Dec 04, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
Igbo think a regional candidate will become a Nigeria president.

Dear Mr urchin baba iyabo is not an Igbo man OK.
Re: Okowa, Tambuwal, Lamido Others Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by sterlingD(m): 10:15am On Dec 04, 2022
I want to ask about PDP. Who are the board of trustees?Who are its board of advisers?Why is a party that has held sway for 16years in such disarray? Even as they go into sabbatical they can't seem to sit back and do proper stock taking, evaluation and assessment and restructure for the way forward.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zainab Ahmed Insists FIRS Will Collect Stamp Duties, Others / PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno / Heartbroken Mother Cries At Chibok Girls Lecture In Abuja. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.