Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

The Evil Of Religious Extremism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Evil Of Religious Extremism (235 Views)

Relist Nigeria As A Violator Of Religious Freedom, US Senators Write Biden / Campaign In Mecca, Desecration Of Religious Sanctuary – NAHCON / U.S. Laments Govt’s Inaction On Religious Extremism, Considers Special Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Evil Of Religious Extremism by TakeNigeriaBack: 4:53am On Dec 04, 2022
Atheists living in 13 countries risk being condemned to death, just for their beliefs (or non-belief) The countries that impose these penalties are Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen. With the exception of Pakistan, those countries all allow for capital punishment against apostasy, i.e., the renunciation of a particular religion. Pakistan, meanwhile, imposes the death penalty for blasphemy, which can obviously include disbelief in God.

Religious people have historically oppressed, silenced, and mocked non believers.

With respect to what are called denominations of religion, if every one is left to judge of his own religion, there is no such thing as religion that is wrong; but if they are to judge of each other's religion, there is no such thing as a religion that is right

When someone cares more about their religion more than their relatives, and friends, and fellows on Earth they have “crossed the line” into dangerous delusion in my opinion.People motivated by religion act without thinking nor empathy because the words of their gods cannot and should not be questioned. This is why an educated person sees nothing wrong with another human being killed because the latter criticized or insulted someone they never met nor saw, or act as the christian crusaders. Religion is the major meduim I know through which a large group of people would willfuly harm, segragate, persecute and condenm another who does not act or think like them, This I believe is based on the idea that people who are not convinced about your ideas should be burnt.

the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is humane, empathetic and logical compared to those holy books that sanction slavery, rape, division, violence etc that you use as moral compasses

Re: The Evil Of Religious Extremism by Praxis758: 4:57am On Dec 04, 2022
Atheists’ foolish believe that there is no God is like saying there is a child without a biological mother.

The fool say there is no God.
Re: The Evil Of Religious Extremism by TakeNigeriaBack: 5:15am On Dec 04, 2022
I'd like to start by telling you that the greatest atrocities that have happened in known history were all inspired by Christianity or a branch of it (Islam) let me list a few of them:

The Holocaust (Hitler was a devout Catholic)
Global colonialism (The British state was trying to change the whole world to be like them aka Christians)
Global slavery (This behaviour is supported in the Bible if you were a Jew you'd only become an indentured slave for a period of time but if you were from any other nation you can be owned as property and your children and their children as well again this is written in the Bible - Leviticus 25: 44 - 46)
Genocide of the native Americans (Christopher Columbus and his troops were Christians and they saw it right to kill and enslave all the native Americans because they were nothing but more than Pagans in their eyes)
Islamic terrorism (This has occurred all over the world in the form of suicide bombing, 9/11, war and oppression of women in Islamic countries)

Having said all the above someone may disagree and say it's not in God's nature to make all of that happen but let's see just how moral the Christian God actually is

Leviticus 26: 27 - 29 (Written under a passage titled: Passage for disobedience, feel free to read from verse 1 - 46 for the whole perspective)

27 “‘If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters. (God punishing people by making them cannibalistically eat their children because they wouldn't follow his laws on how to live and behave. Yikes)

Numbers 31: 9 - 18 (This is about Moses who was commanded by God to go to war with the Midianites and what Moses himself commands after winning the war and killing every man and capturing all the woman & children)

9 The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder....15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them....17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. (Moses acting under God commanding the death of woman, and all the captured young Midianite boys and then "taking" all the virgin woman including young girls, for what exactly? Yikes, I must add, all of this is happening because these people believed in other gods and didn't want to subscribe to the Christian god, sounds very similar to an extremist faction that continues to terrorize the world presently to try to force us all to believe in their brand of religion, does this sound familiar to you? Yikes)

Numbers 31: 25 - 28 (Written under a passage called: Dividing the spoils)

25 The Lord said to Moses, 26 “You and Eleazar the priest and the family heads of the community are to count all the people and animals that were captured. 27 Divide the spoils equally between the soldiers who took part in the battle and the rest of the community. 28 From the soldiers who fought in the battle, set apart as tribute for the Lord one out of every five hundred, whether people, cattle, donkeys or sheep (Set apart as tribute for the Lord, wait you mean having them ritualistically sacrificed and that includes people? Isn't this paganistic behavior being commanded by God? Yikes)

Deuteronomy 20: 10 - 15 (Moses is talking to the Israelites on behalf of God on how they are to handle going to war against all God's enemies essentially anyone that didn't believe in the Christian God)

10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby. (Hey cities of people who don't believe in my God become our slaves or perish and let us enjoy your woman and children for ourselves, the Lord commands it! Yikes)

Deuteronomy 20: 16 - 17(Moses instructs the Israelites on how to handle obtaining the land given to them by God as per God's instructions)

16 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes 17 Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. (Need I say anything, they wouldn't even know its coming or why it's happening. Yikes)

Remi I've been a Christian for 21 years before renouncing my faith, I'm writing all of this not to attack you but to give you the opportunity to think: If your faith was wrong how would you actually go about finding out, if there was no God what would you need to understand to realize this?

Please watch this series by a channel called Holy Kool-aid, the series is called (Nothing fails like Bible history). You will come to understand just how bad the evidence for the Bible is and how its more likely that people created God's rather then the other way around.
Re: The Evil Of Religious Extremism by TakeNigeriaBack: 5:19am On Dec 04, 2022
In Islam apostates get killed, check the islamic sources, western imams lie to make Islam nice and tolerant:
"The Messenger of Allah said: 'Whoever changes his religion, kill him.'" https://sunnah.com/nasai:4059
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that the reason why he should be put to death is his apostasy, not his waging war against Islam. https://islamqa.info/en/answers/14231/some-of-the-rulings-on-apostasy-and-apostates

(1) (Reply)

There Is No Fuel In Any NNPC Depot: IPMAN / 70 Lingering Allegations For The Sacked Managing Director Of NIRSAL – By Sanusi / APC Women To Ground Lagos Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.