Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

Why Do You Want Peter Gregory Obi (LP) To Win - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do You Want Peter Gregory Obi (LP) To Win (276 Views)

Peter Gregory Obi Celebrates 62nd Birthday / NNPP Joins PDP, LP, To Demand Outright Cancellation Of Election Result / We Want Peter Obi – Youths Hit Streets Of Abuja, Ibadan To Support Obi (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Want Peter Gregory Obi (LP) To Win by ChatterHouse: 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2022
Tell us why do you believe that Peter Obi is the Man for the No 1. Job in Nigeria

Please be polite an respectful of other's Opinion
Re: Why Do You Want Peter Gregory Obi (LP) To Win by socialmediaman: 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2022
I support candidates based on my ideals, that is, the things that I believe in (defined in “My Ideals Defined” section below)

Peter Obi matches my ideals of being a responsible leader and grassroots politician who focuses his policies on directly impacting the people he leads.

Nigeria’s biggest problem today is corruption. Of all the 3 leading candidates, Peter Obi is the only candidate without a corrupt past, and doesn’t tolerate laxity and corruption either.

This was one of the biggest failures of Buhari. He couldn’t fight corruption, on top of not knowing how boost economic confidence, attract investments and trade.

Corruption has led to huge insecurity. Peter Obi has a record of fighting insecurity and lawlessness decisively in Anambra, and he has consistently said he will tackle it head on as a topmost priority.

A corrupt politician can’t fight corruption, because you carry too much baggage. Peter can fight it because his cronies and financiers are not the ones creating insecurity for profit, like oil theft

My Ideals Defined

I want a leader who is responsible with power. I’m an activist which means I like to hold leaders accountable to their promises. I’m not a party person who votes a leader, then comes online to make excuses for their irresponsibilities.

I want a leader who is close to the people, which means a leader who responds to criticisms quickly rather than try to shut to shut you up using the police or DSS. This is how democracy should work.

I want a leader who is a grassroots person, not a political cronies person. I will give you example with the US. In the US for example, people like Bernie Sanders and Trump are grassroots politicians. While I dislike Trump because of extremist and racist views, and not a fan of Bernie Sanders either because extreme left views, their policies are grassroots people oriented.

Sanders focuses on things like Universal healthcare and free education, while Trump focuses on things like ending illegal immigration etc. These are things which the average American supporter of these candidates want, and if they win, they won’t try to be politically correct about fighting to achieve it. So regular politicians don’t like them because of these

This is exactly what Peter Obi represents, a no nonsense politician who will fight for the people and not cronies and associates. This in my opinion is what Nigeria needs right now because majority of Nigerians are disadvantaged by decades of corruption and impunity
Re: Why Do You Want Peter Gregory Obi (LP) To Win by fuckJones(f): 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2022
because he is an ipob apologist, he we represent us we'll.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want Peter Gregory Obi (LP) To Win by duro4chang(m): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2022
I don't want him to win.
Re: Why Do You Want Peter Gregory Obi (LP) To Win by lexylaw40: 2:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
Because he is igbo

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want Peter Gregory Obi (LP) To Win by chucks185: 2:22pm On Dec 04, 2022
he's better than other two major contenders who are extremely corrupt and way out-dated

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want Peter Gregory Obi (LP) To Win by Ttalk: 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2022
chucks185:
he's worse than other two major contenders who are extremely corrupt and way out-dated
Re: Why Do You Want Peter Gregory Obi (LP) To Win by ELOGBO: 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2022
Haven't heard from each of the presidential as they speak?? Brother there's no magic in this thing, are you not tired of been brainwashed by PDAPC

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want Peter Gregory Obi (LP) To Win by ELOGBO: 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2022
Haven't heard from each of the presidential candidate as they speak?? Brother there's no magic in this thing, are you not tired of been brainwashed by PDAPC with their liers and propaganda??

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want Peter Gregory Obi (LP) To Win by abuja007: 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2022
He has to perform or no 2nd term or even he will be impeached. The other candidates like Buhari is just about being president not making a positive difference.
Buhari just wanted to be president and we all saw the result. He failed woefully. Emilokan has the same mentality.
Fashola of Lagos when he became governor was relatively a dark horse , unknown and not popular but he had to show Lagosians he could make a difference and after Marwa and Jakande he became one of the best.
Peter Obi will try his best to make Nigerians (all) happy and Nigeria greater

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does Your State Owe? Lagos Owes The Most / Atiku Sak Sak For President Come 2023. / Remember : Obidients Were Mobilized From Enugu To Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.