Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! (1562 Views)

Pls What Is The Solution :I Talk While Am Alone !! / If You Want To Experience Hunger To The Fullest Go And Leave With A Wealthy Fami / Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? (2) (3) (4)

Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Jozilinn: 7:46pm On Dec 04, 2022
I have finally decided to leave the teaching work since I have learnt my lesson so far,I have tolerated enough...I learnt something today that when you are around people that don't change your life positively, try another set of people.

The children can't be disciplined,and that's why they don't know anything... imagine a jss2 student getting 0 in test and 0 in exam, the only thing the child does is to copy the exam questions and submit,then my boss would be complaining that I put 2 for the person in test,and that during exams I should put 25 instead for the child. What of people that scored 10?hmmm...a lot of things are really happening there but I know God will see me through. My students are 35 in total for both jss2/3 and my salary is 15k,and I take them all their 12/13 subjects... now since my boss gave me 5k for September salary which incurred a lot of debts during October,and October now to November,we haven't been paid November as of now... My debt is 25k and now my boss might decide to reduce my salary because that's the normal giving blablabla as excuses.

I am so scared of how this December is going to be for me, but God has been seeing my through with favours from different people... how will I cope this December eh, should I ask that 25k should be paid as my salary cos my September salary was 5k and this December it should be completed. Mind you about 200k of teachers salary is kept with me and I have never failed when I am asked to bring the money for my boss to pay... even up till now the money is still with me,but I have never collected extra money for the service...I just feel so bad,i hate talking to people about it...I don't like drawing attention to myself, but for how long. Please mature minds how do I go about it,I have been advised offline to not ask about it, but take whatever I'm given... knowing fully well that it will keep me in penury, attitudes from people I am owing is starting to get hot. I can't continue begging now, these were my responses to the suggestion... saying God will fight for me as a backup to why I should take anything... please nairalanders what should I do,i just don't want problem for myself, but my way of survival is very low....

Your comments would really be appreciated thank you.
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Carmanbiz: 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2022
Quit the job place.

Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by doggedfighter(f): 8:00pm On Dec 04, 2022
No , stay !
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by lilvicky68(m): 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2022
Omo
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by AjiBussu(m): 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2022
15k salary?? shocked

Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by frozen70(f): 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2022
I think you have to return the money but remove whatever they are owning you

Worst case you all will say your mind when it gets hot and after that you go your way

Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by obiekunie01: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2022
Jozilinn:

if you were giving money to keep, return it as it was given to you then request for your balance.

if you remove money from any money given to you without permission, that's theft. they can sue you for that.

Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by ibechris(m): 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2022
Teaching job should be a noble profession but here in Nigeria...most teachers are suffering.

My dear,i really don't know what to say but stay strong.
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Jozilinn: 8:41pm On Dec 04, 2022
obiekunie01:

if you were giving money to keep, return it as it was given to you then request for your balance.

if you remove money from any money given to you without permission, that's theft. they can sue you for that.
I wasn't planning on taking any money,I haven't tried it once i was only stating the reasons why I feel my boss is just being unfair to me upon all my stress. Thank you.
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Jozilinn: 8:44pm On Dec 04, 2022
doggedfighter:
No , stay !
I don't want to stay anymore I just need my full money,i can't take the suffering anymore please...
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Jozilinn: 8:48pm On Dec 04, 2022
frozen70:
I think you have to return the money but remove whatever they are owning you

Worst case you all will say your mind when it gets hot and after that you go your way
I can't do that my reputation matters a lot,I don't want a bad name for myself... though I have learnt to put myself first, it's just so painful hearing insults upon insults just because salary time is near, >: grin grin grin it's well.
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by sisisioge: 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2022
Jozilinn:
I can't do that my reputation matters a lot,I don't want a bad name for myself... though I have learnt to put myself first, it's just so painful hearing insults upon insults just because salary time is near, >: grin grin grin it's well.

Look for another job please. Even maids earn from 30k and above. Drivers earn 50k and above. Stop being ridiculous and impoverished!

Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Jozilinn: 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2022
sisisioge:

Look for another job please. Even maids earn from 30k and above. Drivers earn 50k and above. Stop being ridiculous and impoverished!
Yh I'm working on it, maybe in January by God's grace,I would let you all first, thank you.
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by youngsahito(m): 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2022
Jozilinn:
I have finally decided to leave the teaching work since I have learnt my lesson so far,I have tolerated enough...I learnt something today that when you are around people that don't change your life positively, try another set of people.

The children can't be disciplined,and that's why they don't know anything... imagine a jss2 student getting 0 in test and 0 in exam, the only thing the child does is to copy the exam questions and submit,then my boss would be complaining that I put 2 for the person in test,and that during exams I should put 25 instead for the child. What of people that scored 10?hmmm...a lot of things are really happening there but I know God will see me through. My students are 35 in total for both jss2/3 and my salary is 15k,and I take them all their 12/13 subjects... now since my boss gave me 5k for September salary which incurred a lot of debts during October,and October now to November,we haven't been paid November as of now... My debt is 25k and now my boss might decide to reduce my salary because that's the normal giving blablabla as excuses.

I am so scared of how this December is going to be for me, but God has been seeing my through with favours from different people... how will I cope this December eh, should I ask that 25k should be paid as my salary cos my September salary was 5k and this December it should be completed. Mind you about 200k of teachers salary is kept with me and I have never failed when I am asked to bring the money for my boss to pay... even up till now the money is still with me,but I have never collected extra money for the service...I just feel so bad,i hate talking to people about it...I don't like drawing attention to myself, but for how long. Please mature minds how do I go about it,I have been advised offline to not ask about it, but take whatever I'm given... knowing fully well that it will keep me in penury, attitudes from people I am owing is starting to get hot. I can't continue begging now, these were my responses to the suggestion... saying God will fight for me as a backup to why I should take anything... please nairalanders what should I do,i just don't want problem for myself, but my way of survival is very low....

b4 u give her the money, the her that u took your own money for an emergency purpose and hear what she will say about it.
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by IwasNeverGone: 9:05pm On Dec 04, 2022
I dey complain say 30k dey low and here is someone earning 15k shocked shocked shocked shocked wow, that is outrageous angry
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by ahnie: 9:41pm On Dec 04, 2022
Jozilinn:

Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by lilioj: 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2022
Wow this is absurd! It is better to even stay at home and do only home lessons, look for 5 pupils to take from Monday to Saturday and you should earn about 70 to 100K monthly, I did this about 10 years ago before I got into the university.
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by shantti(m): 10:13pm On Dec 04, 2022
lilioj:
Wow this is absurd! It is better to even stay at home and do only home lessons, look for 5 pupils to take from Monday to Saturday and you should earn about 70 to 100K monthly, I did this about 10 years ago before I got into the university.

Is this possible sir?
Just home lesson alone?
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by samwash(m): 11:20pm On Dec 04, 2022
The only solution to this ur situation na to fine something else to do.
Some market women/men the money dem take start business nor reach 100k. If only we can dump our paper certificate & hustle streetwise.
This is the situation we find ourselves in the present day Nigeria.

Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Mindlog: 11:47pm On Dec 04, 2022
Quit the job, you will earn more if you offer after school lessons.

"imagine a jss2 student getting 0 in test and 0 in exam, the only thing the child does is to copy the exam questions and submit".....The student is struggling with learning disorder. If you can, do encourage the parents to take him/her to go see an Educational Psychologist for assessments and who would assist the student and the parents by developing a learning plan.

Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Jozilinn: 7:53am On Dec 05, 2022
youngsahito:
b4 u give her the money, the her that u took your own money for an emergency purpose and hear what she will say about it.
See I can't do it, the way and manner she would start talking to me is probably going to cause a scene...cos I know she has me in her mind for talking to her about her disability in the collection of school fees aspect, and her inability to pay us well... that's is even the reason for the pending November salary!!!. Saying we don't have the qualifications to speak to her cos of 0 level... the entire staff were in shock, adding that her payment of 10/15k to some of us is even a privilege... that even an NCE holder is collecting 20k talkless of people like us...it is well.
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by youngsahito(m): 8:18am On Dec 05, 2022
Jozilinn:
See I can't do it, the way and manner she would start talking to me is probably going to cause a scene...cos I know she has me in her mind for talking to her about her disability in the collection of school fees aspect, and her inability to pay us well... that's is even the reason for the pending November salary!!!. Saying we don't have the qualifications to speak to her cos of 0 level... the entire staff were in shock, adding that her payment of 10/15k to some of us is even a privilege... that even an NCE holder is collecting 20k talkless of people like us...it is well.
baba, change am for her and collect your full salary since you are leaving cos las las she will sack u. All this boss taking payment of salary as a privilege and not u working to earn it. Mad boss

Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by doggedfighter(f): 9:15am On Dec 05, 2022
Jozilinn:
I don't want to stay anymore I just need my full money,i can't take the suffering anymore please...

I am just being sarcastic because with all you have written you are still asking if you should stay.

Please leave that place !
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Jozilinn: 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2022
youngsahito:
baba, change am for her and collect your full salary since you are leaving cos las las she will sack u. All this boss taking payment of salary as a privilege and not u working to earn it. Mad boss
okay thank you.
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Blaxie: 12:32am On Dec 06, 2022
Jozilinn:
After all the insults you've received,you're still talking about reputation? Does your boss look like someone that gives 2fucks bout your reputation? Remove your money from the 200k with you,and rest..na only teeth she go knack..after few hours matter don die..ahead,ahead..you dey maintain rep for person wey no send una.
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Jozilinn: 7:47am On Dec 06, 2022
Blaxie:
After all the insults you've received,you're still talking about reputation? Does your boss look like someone that gives 2fucks bout your reputation? Remove your money from the 200k with you,and rest..na only teeth she go knack..after few hours matter don die..ahead,ahead..you dey maintain rep for person wey no send una.
Abi na u see am like that but other people no go reason am so...a good name is better than riches, Make God locate me oh!!!
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Acme45: 8:50am On Dec 06, 2022
Jozilinn:

both you and the owner of the school are sick. With all these grammar ,your level of reasoning is still low. Even an okada riders earns more than 7k daily depending on the location and you are there speaking English. You better start thinking outside the box you this Man.

Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Jozilinn: 9:16am On Dec 06, 2022
Acme45:
both you and the owner of the school are sick. With all these grammar ,your level of reasoning is still low. Even an okada riders earns more than 7k daily depending on the location and you are there speaking English. You better start thinking outside the box you this Man.

yh you are right I bleeped up real bad,well today she's has decided to pay us and the way she's yelling at us is something else just because we haven't written the program for the Christmas carol, like seriously whose job is that if not hers... always shifting blame to the teachers and doesn't even pay for the extra work,mtchww...if the money she gives to me is up to 25k I will say my mind before leaving the school,let God do the rest I don't blame her at all...I mean which school does cultural dance for Christmas carol if not the Christmas songs.... always repeating the same shit always.
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Watcharena: 10:00am On Dec 06, 2022
Please when you are finally leaving the school, tell her your mind if possible ensure you do this in front of other teachers so that she can improve their salaries or at least treat them a little bit better
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by womaniser(m): 11:03am On Dec 06, 2022
Acme45:

I second this opinion. With how bad the economy is, you can't afford to live on such income. People are indeed heartless.

Just make sure you don't quit until you're certain of another job. Waking up with no where to go is far worse than overwork for little pay.

Look beyond your current mental scope. Lots of opportunities abound around you. Like he said, even bike men fare better. You may not see a bike lying around but you can discuss with church members or a rich relative if any. Rich people want to hear how you can add an additional source of income to their pockets.

Sit alone in your room and put your brain to work. Merge what you know with what you see around you and realise that as you are helping others, you're helping yourself.

I remember working far from home at some point. Bags of water at work was #80 and #250 at home. Buying and selling 100 bags a week was sure to give at least #7,000 with all logistics calculated.

You could even help the so called big men in your neighborhood trim their hedges, clean the house, clear their trash and clear their compounds twice a month. With a conservative estimate of just 10 clients at #2,000 per gig, you will earn double your current salary with free days of the week to relax and think about more productive ideas.

...and finally, maintain your f*cking integrity. Nothing haunts like a poor track record.
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Jozilinn: 11:12am On Dec 06, 2022
Re: Should I Talk,or Take Whatever I'm Offered And Leave!!! by Jozilinn: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2022
Watcharena:
Please when you are finally leaving the school, tell her your mind if possible ensure you do this in front of other teachers so that she can improve their salaries or at least treat them a little bit better
She paid me 15k,I am just weak writing this right now... the pain is so great she even refused to pay my colleague who decided to leave her own class and help her with kg class because of the stress and because she just put to bed yet she didn't even think about all this...this lady is going through emotional abuse at home and yet she comes to school to teach sometimes we smoke garri at school,and she knows what this girl faces at home yet...

" If you have worked for someone for a long time and you do something bad, the person won't remember your good anymore", that was her statement today... Imagine,that's why I never wanted to remove my money she would have arrested me and spoilt my name calling me a thief without even looking back.

I don't want to even touch the money, because It is all people money and there's nothing for me in it... I will try my church like someone said and whatever is said I will take it and lock up,garri dey house,I won't die but live to fight another day.

I will surely confront her but that will be on the party day...I will keep you all updated about my church decision. Thank you.

What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Spouse Has A Child Outside Wedlock / / / Iucd-"coper T"; How Safe?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96